PDA

View Full Version : Aaarggghh!!! >_< Ditched!

Jinx
09-28-2002, 02:25 AM
Okay.. I was seriously planning Yuri from DP:Flash and my friend Jessica who I intro'd to cosplay just this year, promised to do Kei with me for AX03. And now she just totally forgot and planned some big trip to Ireland with another friend from the first day of AX till.... like... the winter! >_< Now I'm seriously deciding against Yuri... even though I really want to do it. I'd hate to be without the other half of the Lovely Angels. What do you guys think? ;_;

Does this happen to any of you?

Ayaka
09-28-2002, 02:41 AM
OMG. Don't get me started. I have TWO pair costumes - with complete materials - and then my friend says she's not going to cosplay ever. And she still has ALL the materials for one of the costumes. Well, and now I've decided she's really being a jerk to me in many many ways . . . we had plans today and I couldn't reach her, and then when I get her she's already made other plans. Okay I shouldn't get into that. T_T I've been really depressed all day, against my will, cause she's my only close friend and I think I have no choice but to give up on the . . . relationship or whatever.

Err, anyway. Sorry for the rant. DO YURI. Don't let a spacy friend stop you from doing a character you want to do! Seems like most of the Dirty Pair cosplayers I've seen have been solo, anyway. There's a good bit of time until AX, maybe you can get someone else to do Kei. (Especially since the Flash outfits are way more . . . lol covering.)

Koumori
09-28-2002, 08:45 AM
I just lost one of my Dir en Grey people. One of the tall skinny ones too, dammit. My solution is to switch her Kaoru outfit over to my original Kyo, and if we can't find a new Kyo by then we'll just tell everybody we fired him because we couldn't take his singing anymore.

So yeah, do your Yuri anyway, and if anybody is rude enough to ask you what happened to Kei, just have an answer ready.

shiroi_yukiko
09-28-2002, 11:11 AM
I'm barely holidng on to my Kyo cosplayer (damn these Dir en grey cosplayers!)... I think the only way to save her is to make her whole outfit for her, which I am now seriously considering... Ugh. I'm so busy though... **;

Yuri! Go for it, even alone!

Rosiel
09-28-2002, 11:15 AM
I'm always terrified of being ditched when I organize big groups, especially for cosplay. X_____X You know when you manage to have all the characters and you're just /waiting/ for one of them to say they aren't interested anymore and ruin the whole thing...

(Hence I hate organizing groups, they make me stress so much!)

Tenjou
09-28-2002, 11:35 AM
It hasn'y happened to me yet, but I probably won't ever do groups since no one I know cosplays or even likes anime.

Koumori
09-28-2002, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by warumono
I'm barely holidng on to my Kyo cosplayer (damn these Dir en grey cosplayers!)... I think the only way to save her is to make her whole outfit for her, which I am now seriously considering... Ugh. I'm so busy though... **;

Heh. I'm making all of the outfits. This is the problem with not having any friends who cosplay. But I got sick of looking like I'd just sort of wandered away from the band.

kelldar
09-28-2002, 12:02 PM
argh~ I've given up on my friends. If they want to do a costume with me, cool, but I'm not going to stress over it. I got my friend a blonde wig and lab coat so she could go as Ritsuko with me as Misato at Animazement... then we get to the con and she tells me she didn't bring it 'cause she didn't have time to find a blue shirt.
Good GODS, if she had maybe CALLED me and told me, I would have gotten one for her! That's NOT HARD! Geez.
So I'm just not going to worry about it anymore, I'm going to concentrate on my own costumes *shrug*

Celine
09-28-2002, 01:01 PM
Trying to organize people into groups is very difficult, unless you have very dedicated and reliable people involved. I was going to make costumes for a whole group I'd organized, but then I realized that would make me insane. I find all sorts of people doing costumes from a series that I'd like to be a part of, but when it all comes down to it, I'd rather be costuming solely for myself. I have been the person who's agreed to something and then not finished the costume, but I've also had other people do the same thing to me. Basically, I've decided that stressing about it just isn't worth it- it's cosplay, something I do purely for fun, so I don't get upset any more when things just don't work out right.

Sami
09-28-2002, 01:36 PM
Ahh that SUCKS!! I've never been in a group really, but I can imagine how awful it must feel to put so much work into something and then the other people just.. poof out. :/ Although I'd really like to be a part of a group sometime, I guess I'd always be a little worried that someone would back out at the last minute.. eek.

Jinx
09-28-2002, 05:53 PM
~_~ She's really really new to cosplay and anime, too, sooo.. >_<

Yeah, I think I will do Yuri still! Arr! I don't think I'll be able to find someone else to replace her.. but I think I'm going to do it anyway.

This is my second group experience.. the first was just me and my ex and Rinoa and Squall. This time, I"m trying to organise my family for a Ranma group.. and hopefully my cousins for something to enter in the masq..

Sounds like everyone's sitches were worse than mine. ^-^;;

Yggdrasil Pie
09-28-2002, 07:22 PM
OMG...I HATE IT WHEN THAT HAPPENS...T_T

Ahhh...reminds me of my two friends who ditched me at AX this year...Umi didn't have her Magic Knight friends with her... >_<
Well, yea...I know the feeling of being ditch, It's okay to do it alone though. ^^

Gingerbread Man
10-10-2002, 04:45 PM
I've never been ditched myself, but I've seen other groups have major member's disappear right before important events. I mean, they go to the con, but get cold feet and disappear right before events that would draw attention to themselves...It just shows you their true colors

peacecraft
10-10-2002, 07:07 PM
I've done the whole "Make the costumes for the whole group thing", and although I've never had someone ditch outright, I've had people so not into it that it would almost have been better had they ditched. I've also had people change out of their costumes after just 2 or 3 hours and leave me as the only cosplayer from the group. I've vowed never to make a group of costumes again. I'll help other people, but if they don't work on it themselves, they just don't seem to care enough to make it worth my while.

Karisu-sama
10-10-2002, 09:27 PM
DO YURI!!! Kei got sidetracked! (Make up a great story for it!) (someday when my kids are older, I *must* make them cosplay Kei and Yuri, heh heh - We always call them the "lovely angels / dirty pair". However they are still a bit young for the genre...)

With a family of 4 I can "persuade" them all to go as a costume set, although if my husband wants to sleep in or not put on his costume I will not try to enforce it. Double bonus for me is that my middle-schooler really likes to do the "cosplay buddy" thing with me right now - it may change soon though, chuuuuuuu...

Space Invader
10-10-2002, 09:41 PM
I hope no one ditches the Ushicon Saber Marionette J group me and the Paper Wings girls have put together X_x. That would really suck.

But that stinks that she did that to you! Eh, oh well. Do Yuri anyways! I was a Puchiko and a Hikaru once, neither of those costumes had any "buddies" to go with it!

Besides, you may be able to get someone else to do Kei, there's still lots of time left before AX03 :).

Nine
10-12-2002, 07:37 AM
Don't worry about going alone with your character... I cosplayed Lulu from FFX without someone cosplaying Wakka, Yuna, Tidus, Kimari, Auron.... I cosplayed Sailor Moon without others cosplaying all the other sailor scouts... I cosplayed Alice from DDR without the other characters from the game... you see where I'm headed at? ^^; Just go for cosplaying the costumes you love... if you happen to have others cosplaying a character from the same thing, then cool! If not, it's still cool!

My cosplay group when through a horrible and scary drama regarding "1 anime themed cosplay groups"... We had 3 cosplay groups going on: Digi Charat, Kaikan Phrase, and Angelic Layer. I wanted to drop my costumes from Digi Charat and Angelic Layer, others wanted to drop their costumes from Kaikan Phrase, one even doesn't like wearing her kaikan phrase costume... lol...

We went through a huge drama because my friend who was really keen on having cosplay groups got really frustrated and upset at the fact that I dropped Ohjirou from Angelic Layer and that I don't want to bring my Towa costume to from Kaikan Phrase to Sakuracon (I agreed to bring it if everyone finnished theirs.. lol) One totally dropped their Kaikan phrase costume.. you see where this is heading?

We either thought that it would be cool to be in the group, then decide not to, or we felt pressured into joining the group... "Yeah, you HAVE TO do ____, you're perfect for it!" Anyway, we came to the conclusion that if we have a costume we want to make, and it happens to be from the same anime, then great! But we shouldn't commit ourselves to groups.

It got to the point where we were creating costumes ONLY for the reason that we'd be in a group... My friend thought I was cosplaying Sora from Escaflowne, A Girl in Gaia for the soul purpose to be in the group we wanted to happen in 2004, and told me to wait to make the costume and to bring someone else O_O... I wanted to do Sora because I like that character, I wasn't making it JUST for the group.. :S

*isn't very fond of cosplay groups lol*

We still luckly have one cosplay group that we're doing together, DiGi Charat... because we all love the anime and want to make the characters.

ReiChan
10-12-2002, 05:25 PM
I wish I knew other cosplayers irl. I would love to do a cosplay group ;_;

Masquerade skits are so much better in groups anyway. My "skit" for Comic-con was embarassingly lame-ass. >_<