PDA

View Full Version : Arizona Cosplayers!!!

Pages : [1] 2 3

Krishna
09-28-2002, 02:33 AM
I'm posting this to find out how many cosplayers are in arizona!! Also please tell me where you are!! Come on I know there is cosplayers in AZ out there!! POST!! Please it will be fine to be able to meet others.. well if there is any....

PLEASE!!!!!

Mei Lan Chang
09-28-2002, 02:39 AM
MEEEEEE!
It seems that Krishna and I are the only Cosplayers in the southern arizona area. Now I know that is not true, but seriously, where are you all?!

makio
10-04-2002, 08:28 AM
A friend of mine is trying to drag me out there... Problem is, I don't know Tucson/Phoenix area that well...other than the low cost of living, heat, and my favorite college basketball team out there(GO 'CATS!). XD Are they any Arizona conventions or points of interest for the anime/videogame-minded?

Chai
10-04-2002, 06:26 PM
Well Hi, Im new to cosplaying, and I'm in Phoenix. If anyone is around that area, like mesa or tempe, please post me back!!!! ^o^

Krishna
10-04-2002, 06:36 PM
Hi hi!! I lived in Mesa so i'm back there every once in a while!!

Chai
10-07-2002, 12:13 PM
Cool, yea, if you ever want to met up with me when you get back in mesa, just Email me at Bishochan@yahoo.com. ^_^ would be really cool if you can help me get started on some cosplay!!

mindlesss
11-29-2004, 12:51 AM
Im in tempe if you want to contact me my email address is mindlessspunk@hotmail.com

damagedgarden
11-30-2004, 03:55 AM
Hey. I have actually seen you at a few of the Atomic Comic events. I complimented you on your Alichino costume once. I cosplay, but I am still pretty new to it. I don't know many people who cosplay yet, so if you want to talk sometime let me know. ^^

zagotu
03-30-2005, 11:31 AM
Hi my name is Zagotu Kumashiro and i wanted to know if there were any cosplay clubs or teams in or around Peoria AZ.

I am new to cosplay infact still have yet to make a costume and would like to meet some people that are also in to cosplay maby even join a team and or club.

Sex: Male
Build: 6feet tall, weight 180 pounds, Blue eyes, black hair, decent to attractive looking.

Favorite anime type: Love/Comedy

Honey Bunny
03-30-2005, 02:54 PM
No Arizona will forever be sad and cosplay club less. There really aren't enough of us (not even here in Tempe at the ASU campus). However there is a whole new young generation that's starting to cosplay so maybe one day.......... one day..............

Gainax Boy
03-30-2005, 02:58 PM
Wasn't Anizona sponsored by several local Anime Clubs and organizations? ^^

Honey Bunny
03-30-2005, 03:06 PM
Most of Anizona was sponsered by Atomic Comics, our local anime dictatorship. As for independant cosplay orginzations and groups we have next to none! We have a huge fan base, just not a lot of willing cosplayers.

zagotu
03-31-2005, 02:33 PM
hmmm to bad its not as easy as saying well maby we should make one crys =(

kireos
04-17-2005, 12:42 AM
yeah, its is quite sad! I'm from kingman and so yeah...there aren't really any cosplayers here...except for me and my friends...who someday are going to go to a con. But yeah...:( poor arizona...

Tsuki-chan
06-28-2005, 11:36 AM
Hi, I'm Morgan and I'm a newbie to cosplaying, but I'm working hard and doing pretty good. I've only started on my costumes. I'm working on Hortaru(.Hack//Legend of the Twilight) and Misha(Pita Ten). I could use some advise on making costumes ^_^; but I really want some Cosplaying friends who live in AZ.

Eshiza
08-02-2006, 07:22 PM
I live in tucson(really marana) but I think most people would be from phoenix though.... But are you going to the Phoenix Anime fest? I havn't done a real cosplay, but I have cosplayed. If I can go the fest in phoenix, I'm going as Deidara or an ANBU from naruto.

Sad_Riku
08-04-2006, 09:37 PM
I was gonna go but I don't know..if I do I'll let you know.

thundersprite
08-05-2006, 12:52 PM
I might go but im not sure if I do, I'll most likey be going as Gaara or Sasuke. I'll let you know if I go.

DisposblAssassn
08-10-2006, 08:48 PM
I don't know if I'm going to PAF yet, I'm still thinking about my costume for PCC. For some other AZ cosplayers you should head over to azcosplay.net.

Eshiza
08-11-2006, 02:23 PM
I might go but im not sure if I do, I'll most likey be going as Gaara or Sasuke. I'll let you know if I go.
cool! I think I may go as Deidara to the PAF, I'm going to glomp every Sasori and gaara cosplayer I see, so beware!

SycoTik
09-14-2006, 01:20 AM
I'm in Surprise, Arizona and was wondering if there were any cosplayers in my state. I'd appreciate a response, please please please! ^_^

Grey Finch
09-14-2006, 01:44 AM
I'm here! ;D Located in the Phoenix area to be precise.

SycoTik
09-14-2006, 01:53 AM
THANK YOU! My last thread didn't get any responses, it made me weep alil until my microwave din din was ready ^_^

Grey Finch
09-14-2006, 01:57 AM
XD Awh, lo siento. So, you plannin' to go to any AZ cons? :D

SycoTik
09-14-2006, 02:11 AM
ooooh, someone knows espanol eh? Suerte! And I would if I knew anyone and knew where and knew when. I've lived out here for 6 months and haven't made any friends thus far. :tear:

SycoTik
09-14-2006, 03:08 PM
Anyone know of any cons happening in the west part of Arizona?

SycoTik
09-16-2006, 01:54 AM
No other replies huh?

:::dies from isolation::: :hafha:

SycoTik
09-16-2006, 08:28 PM
:::searches for the delete button to delete this thread:::

Sad_Riku
09-17-2006, 07:58 PM
Oh! i am going to phoenixAnimeFest...December 1-3. Don't delete this! I am dying to find a fellow cosplayer!!!!

SycoTik
09-17-2006, 08:12 PM
::marks that on calander:::
I can't delete this anyways, there doesn't seem to be a delete feature for this thread. :p
Thanks for responding though ^_^

Sad_Riku
09-17-2006, 08:29 PM
Trust me I know how oyu feel...I can't find anyone attending the convention who is going as KH charcaters...and well I am in a hopeless position considering I really wanna find a KH2 cosplay group since I am going as Riku..

SycoTik
09-17-2006, 09:08 PM
I think it's just a matter of being persistent with folks, I'm sure there are plenty of Arizonians. I wish there was a search feature that I can just browse and find people in my area instead of posting a thread hoping folks respond. BTW, Kingdom Hearts is a great game :rockon:

Sad_Riku
09-17-2006, 09:15 PM
Yeah I agree. If you plan on attending as a kh2 character..let me know. ^^

SycoTik
09-17-2006, 09:19 PM
I shall definately let ya know, just have to research on the 2nd one and maybe the first cuz it's been awhile since I played KH and I've yet to play KH2

:|

Sad_Riku
09-17-2006, 09:21 PM
You could like goes as Riku form KH and it'd be like..OMFG! kh2 Riku meets..himself! Haha! XD

SycoTik
09-17-2006, 09:29 PM
LOL, Would we play like Mirror games or something? :p

Sad_Riku
09-17-2006, 09:32 PM
Yeah! And do a skit and be like watch'a!

SycoTik
09-17-2006, 09:37 PM
^_^ Sounds like fun. We'll see then. I g2g now. TTYL and nice to meet ya. :)

Sad_Riku
09-17-2006, 09:39 PM
okay bye-bye! XD

Thessaly
09-18-2006, 07:44 PM
Ooh~ I'm in Arizona~ :]

Glendale. <3

I've never been to an Arizona convention (I've always gone to Anime Expo. D:)
but I'm planning on going to some this year~

I've lived in AZ for about 2 years, but I only have 2 cosplaying friends. D:

SycoTik
09-18-2006, 09:47 PM
Ooh~ I'm in Arizona~ :]

Glendale. <3

I've never been to an Arizona convention (I've always gone to Anime Expo. D:)
but I'm planning on going to some this year~

I've lived in AZ for about 2 years, but I only have 2 cosplaying friends. D:

AWESOME! I live in Surprise, bout 6 months or so, pretty cool but boring out here.

I think there is supposed to be a convention in December somewhere in Phoenix, that's the one I plan on going to, either in regular clothes or in cosplay. Depending if I can get some friends or be in a group. :)

Thessaly
09-18-2006, 09:50 PM
AWESOME! I live in Surprise, bout 6 months or so, pretty cool but boring out here.

I think there is supposed to be a convention in December somewhere in Phoenix, that's the one I plan on going to, either in regular clothes or in cosplay. Depending if I can get some friends or be in a group. :)

There's one in Mesa this month.. I think the 21st to 23rd.

:0 If you get a group, what will ya cosplay?

SycoTik
09-18-2006, 10:04 PM
There's one in Mesa this month.. I think the 21st to 23rd.

:0 If you get a group, what will ya cosplay?

I'm not too sure, I just want to be able to find some people I can hang around with since I have no friends out here. BUT if I had to be in a group I'd like it to either be cosplayers for Naruto, I'll be a hidden mist ninja or Cowboy Bebop, I'll play Vicious since it seems many folks think I would look good as him but Im kinda chubby :(

Thessaly
09-18-2006, 10:07 PM
I'm not too sure, I just want to be able to find some people I can hang around with since I have no friends out here. BUT if I had to be in a group I'd like it to either be cosplayers for Naruto, I'll be a hidden mist ninja or Cowboy Bebop, I'll play Vicious since it seems many folks think I would look good as him but Im kinda chubby :(

Ooh, if ya want I'll join your Naruto group~ :0

i've been wanting to be in a group for a while~

SycoTik
09-18-2006, 10:15 PM
Ooh, if ya want I'll join your Naruto group~ :0

i've been wanting to be in a group for a while~

Well then that would make two people, you and me. We'd need more....Um..I'm not much of an organizer nor group leader. :lost:

Thessaly
09-18-2006, 10:37 PM
Well then that would make two people, you and me. We'd need more....Um..I'm not much of an organizer nor group leader. :lost:
We'll get more, no worries. :0

There's time, too, so..

SycoTik
09-18-2006, 10:59 PM
We'll get more, no worries. :0

There's time, too, so..

So.....We should build a battleship!!!

:::notices the sounds of crickets echoing the room:::

-_-()

Thessaly
09-18-2006, 11:49 PM
So.....We should build a battleship!!!

:::notices the sounds of crickets echoing the room:::

-_-()

Battleship? XD

SycoTik
09-19-2006, 12:10 AM
Battleship? XD

I was watching Bobobo awhile ago :p

Thessaly
09-19-2006, 12:14 AM
I was watching Bobobo awhile ago :p

Bobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobo? D: The one with the nose hair and all? x_o

anyways, sleeptime for me.
school tomorrow. D:
Later!~

(PM me if ya want or something and we can plan out our Ninja-attack-team. 8D)

<3mari(thessaly)

SycoTik
09-19-2006, 12:21 AM
Bobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobo? D: The one with the nose hair and all? x_o

anyways, sleeptime for me.
school tomorrow. D:
Later!~

(PM me if ya want or something and we can plan out our Ninja-attack-team. 8D)

<3mari(thessaly)

FIST OF THE NOSEHAIR.....Something Something!!! XD
Yep, the very same.

You rest well lil one and we shall chat manana. Buenos Noches. :)

(PM will occur sometime this week to plan out our Ninja Formation of some sort :p)

^_^joel(sycotik)

Sad_Riku
09-19-2006, 10:55 PM
I shall join you! <---going as TenTen.

Thessaly
09-19-2006, 11:28 PM
I shall join you! <---going as TenTen.

:3 Yaay~ More for our ninja army?

SycoTik
09-19-2006, 11:57 PM
:3 Yaay~ More for our ninja army?

Isn't there a thread about a Ninja army of Cosplayers? :skidude2:

Draconargentum
09-21-2006, 07:27 PM
Hola, todos ustedes! So great to know I'm not all alone in PAF-ing! :angel:

I'll only be there on the 3rd, but if you see a Yamanaka Ino running around after a tall Sasuke or fighting with a blonde-with-pink-highlights Sakura, or just standing off in the corner or practicing karate or something...glomp at will! :toothy: :angel2:

((It appears that we'll have almost the whole Naruto cast at this rate! Woohoo!))

SycoTik
09-21-2006, 09:48 PM
Hola, todos ustedes! So great to know I'm not all alone in PAF-ing! :angel:

I'll only be there on the 3rd, but if you see a Yamanaka Ino running around after a tall Sasuke or fighting with a blonde-with-pink-highlights Sakura, or just standing off in the corner or practicing karate or something...glomp at will! :toothy: :angel2:

((It appears that we'll have almost the whole Naruto cast at this rate! Woohoo!))

hmmmmmmmmmm, this maybe true. I seem to be the only guy in it as well.......very hmmmmmm indeed. I'm not sure yet if I'm gonna go as my own Naruto created character or as Itachi since I've been given a suggestion to look like him. I don't mind really cuz he is one of my fav characters on the show. I might go as Kabuto or Kakashi, who knows. I'm 5'7" so maybe I shouldn't :(

Draconargentum
09-22-2006, 11:56 PM
hmmmmmmmmmm, this maybe true. I seem to be the only guy in it as well.......very hmmmmmm indeed. I'm not sure yet if I'm gonna go as my own Naruto created character or as Itachi since I've been given a suggestion to look like him. I don't mind really cuz he is one of my fav characters on the show. I might go as Kabuto or Kakashi, who knows. I'm 5'7" so maybe I shouldn't :(
No, you won't be the only guy cosplaying Naruto, I can guarentee (I can never spell that right :untrust: ) it because I have a guy friend who'll be cosplaying Uchiha Sasuke. If we meet up we'll have to cause mass havoc and destruction at PAF! :rockon:

Anyway, SycoTik, you should cosplay what you want. Unless you happen to be a superfamous actor or something, it really doesn't matter what you wear as long as you like it and are comfortable in it. Anyone who cares enough to go out of their way to dislike it isn't worth your time. (Lord, I sound like Dear Abby!)

Thessaly
09-22-2006, 11:59 PM
No, you won't be the only guy cosplaying Naruto, I can guarentee (I can never spell that right :untrust: ) it because I have a guy friend who'll be cosplaying Uchiha Sasuke. If we meet up we'll have to cause mass havoc and destruction at PAF! :rockon:
I might drag in my Narutard friend in and he'll be Gaara. D:

I still haven't decided who to cosplay. ;_;

And it's spelled guarantee ;D

NekoxChan
09-23-2006, 01:02 AM
I'm in Avondale, AZ. ;D

I've got a TJ Sakura costume in the works. ^^

Thessaly
09-23-2006, 01:07 AM
I'm in Avondale, AZ. ;D

I've got a TJ Sakura costume in the works. ^^

Ooh~ Avondale. :L

I used to go there every week for classes.

Edit: Aw~ I just saw that you're 13 just like me. :D And you haven't been to your first convention yet? D: PAF would be my 3rd one.

ohmanyou'regonnalovethem~

SycoTik
09-23-2006, 06:15 PM

Anyway, SycoTik, you should cosplay what you want. Unless you happen to be a superfamous actor or something, it really doesn't matter what you wear as long as you like it and are comfortable in it. Anyone who cares enough to go out of their way to dislike it isn't worth your time. (Lord, I sound like Dear Abby!)

::bows to your Dear Abby like advice::: :D
lol, Im not a superfamous actor but vow to be a super famous director someday ^_^
Me thinks I will play Uchiha Itachi then for this years PAF, this will be my very first anime convention so I'm looking forward to it. Plus I'm bring a camara to film all this, it will be easy to hide it under my costume so not to totally look touristee ^^ I love mass havoc and destruction on a hot convention day! \m/ :rockon: \m/ Seeing as though it happens in december, it gives me time to purchase the items needed to make myself Itachi, since I can't sew for crap :( I need to find contact lenses for his sharingan, wonder where I can find it....... :chatah:

Sad_Riku
09-24-2006, 06:06 PM
Hey..so uh..yeah...PAF anyone?

Thessaly
09-24-2006, 06:08 PM

I'm probably goingg. :0

Haven't talked to my mom about it, but most likely~

SycoTik
09-25-2006, 01:22 PM

You know Im going :D

Grey Finch
09-25-2006, 04:28 PM
I'll be going to PAF this year ;D I think the lineup for me is Luffy, Cid, and Team Rocket's James. <3

SycoTik
09-25-2006, 09:18 PM
I'll be going to PAF this year ;D I think the lineup for me is Luffy, Cid, and Team Rocket's James. <3

Very good choices there. My roster will Itachi and ........ damn, actually, I don't know who else I can be besides Itachi, plus not sure if I'll have the cash to be anyone else since I want to look as close as Itachi as possible. Planning to get the Mangenkyo sharingun contacts with my prescription, that's gonna cost a bundle :(

SycoTik
10-02-2006, 08:57 PM
this was dead. :(

Thessaly
10-03-2006, 05:17 PM
Ah, I'd post more, but I've been busy with school. @_@

8th grade isn't easy y'knowww? D:

SycoTik
10-05-2006, 01:28 AM
Ah, I'd post more, but I've been busy with school. @_@

8th grade isn't easy y'knowww? D:

Ahhhh, I recall those days as a youth. Being bullied and picked on much of my jr high years, always wondering "why me, why?"
:::::goes into a daze for a minute with a distant expression on his face::::::

O_O!
OH! sorry bout that, yea, school is tough ^_^

I'm kinda busy also, with school, family stuff and work. I just wanna bump this from time to time, making sure I can find more Arizonians or Arizoninites or AZer's in this site. Good luck btw. :bigtu:

Thessaly
10-05-2006, 09:20 AM
Haha, I never got picked on. XD
I guess at my school, and at every school I've been, I'm the artist kid that gets along with anyone. I'm not loved, and I'm not hated. :v

Grimman5000
10-05-2006, 06:45 PM
I live in Chandler :) Im making a Merchant costume (RE4)

SycoTik
10-05-2006, 09:35 PM
Haha, I never got picked on. XD
I guess at my school, and at every school I've been, I'm the artist kid that gets along with anyone. I'm not loved, and I'm not hated. :v

I was the weird kid -_-()

Grimman: OMG!! LINK!!! :p

Alivar
10-06-2006, 03:08 PM
Hmm...hello! I'm from Gilbert...just went to my first con a couple weeks ago- Phoenix Cactus Comicon. I went as Yuki Sohma one day and Kyo Sohma the next. It was awesome. They moved th 07 PCC to January...is anyone here planning on going?

SycoTik
10-06-2006, 07:47 PM
What anime are those characters are from, I'm not familiar with the vast majority I've seen said on the boards. I'm gonna go to the Phoenix Anime Festival (I think its called that) this december so I don't think I'm gonna be able to show up to the Cactus con one, low cash by then ya know.

Thessaly
10-06-2006, 11:25 PM
What anime are those characters are from, I'm not familiar with the vast majority I've seen said on the boards. I'm gonna go to the Phoenix Anime Festival (I think its called that) this december so I don't think I'm gonna be able to show up to the Cactus con one, low cash by then ya know.

Fruits Basket. D:

SycoTik
10-07-2006, 01:29 PM
I keep reading bout that on here but havent checked it out.
I think I will. ^_^

Alivar
10-08-2006, 04:04 PM
I'm not going to Anime Fest specifically because I'd rather go to the Cactus Comicon. Hehe, oh well. Yes, they are from Fruits Basket and you should read it. it's a very good manga, though the anime was only so-so. They scrambled up the timeline and ended at book six.

SycoTik
10-09-2006, 03:35 PM
I'm not going to Anime Fest specifically because I'd rather go to the Cactus Comicon. Hehe, oh well. Yes, they are from Fruits Basket and you should read it. it's a very good manga, though the anime was only so-so. They scrambled up the timeline and ended at book six.

I'll try and read up since I don't read manga really but like to. I wont start watching that series just yet since I'm still watching Naruto on YouTube.

SycoTik
10-13-2006, 01:29 PM
illegal BUMP!

Sad_Riku
10-15-2006, 02:09 PM
I'm going as Riku from KH2 and TenTen from Naruto to the phoenixanimefest

SycoTik
10-16-2006, 06:43 PM
Rock on \m/ :rockon:

Midoriko
10-16-2006, 06:49 PM
Hi...from Tucson...area...

SycoTik
10-16-2006, 09:41 PM
Hi...from Tucson...area...

Cool, how is it over there? I've never gone to Tucson is why I ask ^_^

Midoriko
10-18-2006, 06:36 PM
Right now the weather god can not seem to make up his mind if he will make it hot, cold, or windy...it always seems to be like this during fall...

SycoTik
10-18-2006, 10:59 PM
Right now the weather god can not seem to make up his mind if he will make it hot, cold, or windy...it always seems to be like this during fall...

So I noticed in this area too. Cept for today which got considerably warm in the afternoon.

Midoriko
10-20-2006, 11:14 AM
So where are you located?

SycoTik
10-20-2006, 04:24 PM
So where are you located?

Surprise, Arizona ^_^

Midoriko
10-20-2006, 07:31 PM
which area, I mean? Like city or whatever.

SycoTik
10-20-2006, 11:27 PM
which area, I mean? Like city or whatever.

It's the city of Surprise. It's near Glendale in the Maricopa County.

SycoTik
10-23-2006, 10:50 PM
::whistles::

bump :D

Midoriko
10-24-2006, 03:00 PM
It's the city of Surprise. It's near Glendale in the Maricopa County.

Well, I actually LIVE in a city called Arivaca it is just south of Tucson. I visit Tucson alot because my mother and little sister live there, but yes, Arivaca is a small lilttle town. It dosen't even have a school. I have to travel north past two other towns (Amado and Green Valley) to get to the city of Sahuarita where I go to school...just noth of Sahuarita is Tucson. Well, I've never herd of a place called Suprise before. Is is a small place or something?

SycoTik
10-24-2006, 10:33 PM
Well, I actually LIVE in a city called Arivaca it is just south of Tucson. I visit Tucson alot because my mother and little sister live there, but yes, Arivaca is a small lilttle town. It dosen't even have a school. I have to travel north past two other towns (Amado and Green Valley) to get to the city of Sahuarita where I go to school...just noth of Sahuarita is Tucson. Well, I've never herd of a place called Suprise before. Is is a small place or something?

WOW, never heard of those places other than Tucson. Seems you have alot of traveling to do there. Surprise is a growing city so I wouldn't call it small. You familar with Sun City, Peoria, Glendale and Avodale? They neighbor it pretty closely. I go to school online so I dont have to worry bout driving back and forth for that but I do have to worry to drive to do alot of other things that tend to physically and mentally drain me at times. Ah well.

SycoTik
10-26-2006, 07:52 PM
O_o!

Midoriko
10-31-2006, 09:58 AM
WOW, never heard of those places other than Tucson. Seems you have alot of traveling to do there. Surprise is a growing city so I wouldn't call it small. You familar with Sun City, Peoria, Glendale and Avodale? They neighbor it pretty closely. I go to school online so I dont have to worry bout driving back and forth for that but I do have to worry to drive to do alot of other things that tend to physically and mentally drain me at times. Ah well.

Well, actually, I am only familiar with Glendale...I wish I went to school online...lucky

SycoTik
11-01-2006, 03:27 PM
Well, actually, I am only familiar with Glendale...I wish I went to school online...lucky

Well Surprise is right next door to Glendale ^_^

And anyone can go to school online, it's fairly easy to apply and stuff.

Khiorii
11-03-2006, 12:47 AM
hi :wave: im from Lakeside, AZ (currently living in Cali for the time being..but im an Arizonan!), which is . . . erm....in the north eastern side of AZ. I totally didnt know that there were alot of anime fans in AZ until i went to a con with a friend, and my sister at Anizona in 2005 :) Im soo looking forward going back and attending cons there.

Midoriko
11-03-2006, 05:19 PM
hi :wave: im from Lakeside, AZ (currently living in Cali for the time being..but im an Arizonan!), which is . . . erm....in the north eastern side of AZ. I totally didnt know that there were alot of anime fans in AZ until i went to a con with a friend, and my sister at Anizona in 2005 :) Im soo looking forward going back and attending cons there.

Oh! Cool! If my friends were here we would all start chanting "one of us! one of us! one of us!" Yes, well, there are ALOT! There alll just in hidding...heh heh...

SycoTik
11-04-2006, 01:09 AM

Well the next one is in December, the Phoenix Anime Festival. It shall be my first cons I attend. I'm either going as Itachi Uchiha or (since I've recently watch the series of Fruits Basket) Shigure Sohma, he is one of my favorite characters on the show.

Midoriko
11-08-2006, 05:19 PM
Well the next one is in December, the Phoenix Anime Festival. It shall be my first cons I attend. I'm either going as Itachi Uchiha or (since I've recently watch the series of Fruits Basket) Shigure Sohma, he is one of my favorite characters on the show.
Oh! You should totally go as Shigure! He's one of my faves too :3

SycoTik
11-08-2006, 10:04 PM
Oh! You should totally go as Shigure! He's one of my faves too :3

I'm gonna post a more recent pic of me in my non-cosplay gallary. Tell me how much work on myself I need please. ^_^

Anna_Daae
11-17-2006, 02:26 PM
I am in Peoria. I take my brother to school in Surprise! It takes like 20-30 minutes. I might just go to Anizona.

SycoTik
11-19-2006, 08:07 PM
I might not be able to go to Anizona afterall since my work conflicts with it completely. Plus I have schoolwork I need to focus on while I'm off work so basically I will be dead tired and wont be able to make it for even Sunday. That sucks cuz I really wanted to go but I need to make money first. :(

SycoTik
11-19-2006, 08:08 PM
I am in Peoria. I take my brother to school in Surprise! It takes like 20-30 minutes. I might just go to Anizona.

Take pictures and stuff. Have fun. ^_^

Hieta Reah
12-10-2006, 01:47 AM
There arn't alot of cosplayers in Arizona, so if you cosplay in Arizona...shout... or something in that context...

Grey Finch
12-10-2006, 09:49 PM
I've been noticing an increase in AZ cosplayers recently (myself included). 8D You going to any Arizona cons in '07?

Anna_Daae
12-10-2006, 11:10 PM
I am from Arizona 2. Yay ^^

Hieta Reah
12-17-2006, 10:49 AM
Finally... A cosplayer from Arizona...*sighs* Well hello I live in Peoria, Arizona and I love to cosplay. I finally found a cosplayer from Arizona! (Not including Grey Filch) Anyway if you need any help on anything I am a semi-seamstress so any sewing needs just ask! By the way are you going to Anizona 07? Also I don't think I saw you at the PAF06... Who were you there? I was Haku by the way.

kh2_obsession
06-03-2007, 07:15 PM
I live in arizona. Live in Gilbert, bout a mile from mesa.

pepsi addict
06-04-2007, 07:43 PM
I am new to cosplaying, but i live in phoenix!

+---Erin---+
06-05-2007, 06:35 PM
What what, AZ.. i live in AZ!! how can i help ya? ;)

Emi Amai
06-05-2007, 10:12 PM
I live in AZ , Glendale but my English is so bad jeje
my e-mail :
kairi_yagami@hotmail.com

ApolloNoUta
06-06-2007, 09:41 AM
I live in Yuma, but could be moving to Phoenix. Here's my e-mail address if you want to contact me.
teggy16@yahoo.com

[Rubedo]
06-07-2007, 11:43 PM
Well I am not in AZ yet but I'm moving there at the end of this summer to start college in Tempe. =]

Marcy2307@hotmail.com

kirei_bura
06-11-2007, 01:31 PM
I live in AZ too! I am located in Phoenix, I have always wanted to Cosplay Sailor Venus and (possibly Serenity)...
Um, but I don't know the first thing about sewing. If any of you guys want to get in contact, please give me message.

Keva
06-17-2007, 09:55 PM
I live in AZ :) Anybody go to ASU? We really need a costuming/cosplay club... group there or something....

Tsukichan-san
06-26-2007, 09:56 PM
I live in gilbert AZ so I'm here too! I am new to Cosplay though.

Thessaly
07-23-2007, 05:39 PM
From glendale, here~ :3

Draconargentum
07-23-2007, 05:50 PM
Glendale, AZ reporting in! ^_^ Feel free to drop me a line: draconargentum@hotmail.com

Kitsoru
07-23-2007, 07:39 PM
I live in AZ :) Anybody go to ASU? We really need a costuming/cosplay club... group there or something....

My brother goes to ASU!! ^_^ I'm out there a few weeks a year only, unfortunately (I live in MA), but my mom is moving out there full time at the end of the month so I'll probably get to go out there more often soon- she currently was only there about half the year but I'm helping her pack up right now. Her new house is in north Scottsdale. It'd be cool to get to meet cosplayers out there, too!

Velvet Rabbit
07-25-2007, 04:08 AM
I'm Mesa/Borderline Gilbert.
:]

Hyuuga Duo
08-01-2007, 01:47 AM
I'm from CA, but I'm looking for Cosplayers in Arizona, specifically Flagstaff. I'm going to college there. ^_^ OR if anyone from Arizona is going to a little convention called AniMagic, here in Lancaster, CA, I'd love to hitch a ride w/ you! lol PM me if so, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

either way, I wish to make cosplay friends as soon as I get to Flagstaff! I'm very excited, and I look forward to escaping this hell that is CA!

Hyuuga Duo
08-01-2007, 02:07 AM
Where in AZ? I'm going to college in Flagstaff in 20 days! *excited* and I'm looking for cosplay friends ASAP. I usually dont' befriend ppl easily, unless they be cosplay people ^_^ So i'm looking for any cosplayers in Flagstaff! Or near by Flagstaff, i guess.

Sailor Phoenix
08-01-2007, 02:37 AM
Hey everybody! ^^ I see so many of these AZ threads a lot lately. Please follow this link to find out more about websites that you can find Cosplayers all over Arizona. Thanks!

http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=118187

Sailor Phoenix
08-01-2007, 02:38 AM
Hey everybody! ^^ I see so many of these AZ threads a lot lately. Please follow this link to find out more about websites that you can find Cosplayers all over Arizona. Thanks!

Sailor Phoenix
08-01-2007, 02:43 AM

Hyuuga Duo
08-01-2007, 02:47 AM
I've found a ton as well, so I'm out to post on all of them! muahaha... no j/k, i was wondering why people didn't search for a thread requesting that before starting a new one (like i did... i was tempted to simply create my own but had sense enough to search for an existing one first and found several).

thanks for the link! I'll go there!

thoshy
08-01-2007, 11:25 PM
I'm in AZ XD. I'm in Globe/Miami! E-mail is thoshy_zeplin@hotmail.com if you want to contact me ^^

thoshy
08-01-2007, 11:27 PM
I'm in Globe/Miami XD

C. Pacman James
08-02-2007, 04:56 AM
I live in Mesa, however I want to start cosplaying. Do you think you can help me?

Sailor Phoenix
08-02-2007, 07:41 AM
Hi there! ^-^ I know many of you out there are just beginners looking for help. I would go to these websites and come to the next animefest at the Atomic Comics PV location coming up soon on Aug 18th. There will be panels on cosplay. ^-^

http://hobbyistsparadise.com/forum/index.php

http://www.azcosplay.net/forum/

http://anizona.org/forums/

wyldbratling
10-27-2007, 06:05 PM
I would love to meet some others in the Phoenix area that cosplay. We could get together to watch anime, talk about our interests and work on projects, as a group or individually as a group.

SooYeonYi
10-27-2007, 06:14 PM
I live in Arizona!!! Yay an AZ cosplayer!!!! yes, I'm a freak -.-

wyldbratling
10-27-2007, 06:58 PM
Hehe... good to meet another Arizonian

thoshy
10-28-2007, 03:55 PM
I live in az. In a small town called globe miami XD PM me if you guys ever wanna talk.

wyldbratling
10-28-2007, 03:57 PM
I drove through globe twice int he last three months, one while we were relocating and another on the way to a spay day in Safford. Interesting place. Will anyone else be at Anizona?

Azmodan
10-28-2007, 04:36 PM
heck yes!.. iam fairly new to cosplay , but heck of intrested!.. nice to kno theres others from AZ here... anyone ever heard of avondale?.. lol.. PM or post here.. ill add this to favorites to check up on it...^_^

wyldbratling
10-28-2007, 04:42 PM
I'm in Peoria! Near Phoenix. Nice to meet you Azmodan!

Azmodan
10-28-2007, 04:57 PM
i kno where is peoria is ^_^... more or less..hehe...lol.. yea i live about 20-30 min away from phx...so wat kinda cosplay are u intrested in?

wyldbratling
10-28-2007, 04:58 PM
Oh... I love costumes all of them. I wish I had the figure for some of the skimpy ones but I don't. I'm going to try and do BT from .hack for Anizona.

Azmodan
10-28-2007, 05:06 PM
cool... do u kno of any events coming our way?... i like ninja, or warrior types as well... like u i wish i had better figure to be some of these other characters, but iam getting there... slowly ^_^.. lol

wyldbratling
10-28-2007, 05:45 PM
There is the comic in january in Phoenix, and then Anizona in March. There is also the Rensasnce fair in Apachi Junction, not anime but plenty of cool costumes.

SooYeonYi
10-28-2007, 11:44 PM
I live in Gilbert D: Too far from cons.

wyldbratling
10-29-2007, 12:14 PM
I live in Gilbert D: Too far from cons.

Never to far from Cons! I am sure you could find someone to come up with and or room with if you asked around on the forums. Or beg your parents if your to young to go alone.

wyldbratling
10-29-2007, 04:15 PM
If there are others in the area who are interested I would be happy to host a monthly get together to work on projects or just to watch anime and hang out. As I said before I live in Peoria, I am an adult, and I have a house we can do this at. We may also be able to get space from a neutral location, the South West costume guild meets at bookmanís once a month for a chat and stitch. I have no problem with people under 18 as long as your parents give you writen permisions.

flgamble
10-31-2007, 07:23 AM
This is just the thread I was looking for, this pretty much made my day. I'll be up for anything, just send me a PM or IM stating when you guys would like to get together. ^.^

wyldbratling
10-31-2007, 08:33 AM
This is just the thread I was looking for, this pretty much made my day. I'll be up for anything, just send me a PM or IM stating when you guys would like to get together. ^.^

Well I just moved into my house so things are still a bit unorganized. But how about we shoot for something in early December? Reach out to anyone else you know it the area and see if they would be interested. I think if its going to be more then 5 or 6 people we might want to see about someplace like Bookmans. I'll check out the price to rent the back room.

Well I just found out that Bookmans is free! You just have to schedual way in advance. So if anyone else in the greater Phoenix area wants to get together for anime and a stitch session let me know. PM me preferably.

Ron R
10-31-2007, 05:43 PM
Id like to participate with you all but kinda far. What age group are you all, Im new to this and i am prob a bit older But I think its cool

wyldbratling
10-31-2007, 07:59 PM
Id like to participate with you all but kinda far. What age group are you all, I'm new to this and i am prob a bit older But I think its cool

I have no idea how old the others are but I'm in my late late... really late twenty's. I'm open to any age participating as long as your parents are OK.

Caelendil
11-01-2007, 10:20 AM
Hey! I'm from Arizona, Glendale to be specific. I plan on going to Anizona in 2008, I'm going as Axel from Kingdom hearts. I'm still working on my costume, only in the 2nd mockup stage at the moment. I'd be down for possibly meeting up sometime. I'm 24, and relatively new to cosplay ><

wyldbratling
11-01-2007, 01:18 PM
Hey! I'm from Arizona, Glendale to be specific. I plan on going to Anizona in 2008, I'm going as Axel from Kingdom hearts. I'm still working on my costume, only in the 2nd mockup stage at the moment. I'd be down for possibly meeting up sometime. I'm 24, and relatively new to cosplay ><

Welcome Caelendil! I'm pretty new myself. Glendale is right around the corner from me.

wyldbratling
11-01-2007, 01:24 PM
What is your strength/Weakness?

I am good at altering patterns, sewing and fitting, pretty much anything to do with fabrics.

I have no real experience with wigs or props though.

Caelendil
11-01-2007, 07:29 PM
Being relatively new to cosplay, I'm not exactly sure what my strengths and weaknesses are. I have yet to try styling my wig for Axel. I seem to be relatively decent when it comes to pattern modifications. I modified a woman's coat to make it into an Organization XIII coat. I have a very nice sewing machine (goes through anything with standard needles with ease), and I've become pretty adept at using it.

Feawen
11-01-2007, 10:38 PM
Sounds like fun, there arn't many cosplay get togethers locally, so it would be a great addition!

Feawen
11-01-2007, 10:51 PM
If anyone needs prop, wig, armor, or makeup help I'm the person to talk to.

avitjacobson
11-06-2007, 04:10 PM
I'm not far from peoria or avondale; so that's pretty killer for me. I'm also an adult, but a full-time student, so i couldn't host meetings, but I would be interested in trying to attend them from time to time. Actually, on that note, at ASUWest, there is a club with weekly meetings. If you enjoy hanging and watching anime ina group, there's that.

wyldbratling
11-06-2007, 04:25 PM
I'm not far from peoria or avondale; so that's pretty killer for me. I'm also an adult, but a full-time student, so i couldn't host meetings, but I would be interested in trying to attend them from time to time. Actually, on that note, at ASUWest, there is a club with weekly meetings. If you enjoy hanging and watching anime ina group, there's that.

I guese technicaly I am still a college student - Atending UoPO. LOL When is the next meeting and is it a fairly mature group?

wyldbratling
11-06-2007, 05:35 PM
If anyone is interested I am offering to host a Stitch and Share at my home in Peoria on the 1st of December (Saturday) from 11 am to 3 pm. PM me if you plan to come for my address and directions. I am going to limit it to 5 people for now.

You can bring a project at any stage and we can share tips, suggestions and I don't mind teaching people basic sewing and pattern alterations. Anyone who wants to work on props is welcome as well as just sewing.

What I will provide -
Tables to work on (I have 2)
Space to work in

What you will need -
References
Sewing materials, notions and the like.
Any other tools you will need (glue gun, scissors ect.)
Your own sewing machine if you have one.
Your own food and drinks.

What you might want to bring if you can -
Folding chairs
Folding table
Anime to play in the background. :)

If youíre under 18 Iíll need something in writing from your legal guardian that itís ok for you to be at my home. Your legal guardian type person is welcome to hang out as well.

FYI Ė I have catsÖ if your allergic, bring allergies meds!

Feawen
11-06-2007, 11:15 PM
If anyone is interested I am offering to host a Stitch and Share at my home in Peoria on the 1st of December (Saturday) from 11 am to 3 pm. PM me if you plan to come for my address and directions. I am going to limit it to 5 people for now.

You can bring a project at any stage and we can share tips, suggestions and I don't mind teaching people basic sewing and pattern alterations. Anyone who wants to work on props is welcome as well as just sewing.

What I will provide -
Tables to work on (I have 2)
Space to work in

What you will need -
References
Sewing materials, notions and the like.
Any other tools you will need (glue gun, scissors ect.)
Your own sewing machine if you have one.
Your own food and drinks.

What you might want to bring if you can -
Folding chairs
Folding table
Anime to play in the background. :)

If youíre under 18 Iíll need something in writing from your legal guardian that itís ok for you to be at my home. Your legal guardian type person is welcome to hang out as well.

FYI Ė I have catsÖ if your allergic, bring allergies meds!

I'd love to come, btu I have apiano recital that day darn it. Oh well, be sure to tell me if you host another one

Sailor Phoenix
11-07-2007, 03:45 AM
Okay, I'm going to bite on this and for everybody that doesn't know about this website. Please go visit and join. Okay! ^-^ http://hobbyistsparadise.com/index.html This site shows everything that is going on in AZ that has something for everyone. Cosplay, Local cons, Gatherings, etc. Check it out! :)

wyldbratling
11-07-2007, 11:37 AM
I'd love to come, btu I have apiano recital that day darn it. Oh well, be sure to tell me if you host another one

I could also do it the 8th or even the 15th if that is a better day for people same time, same place ect. I figured the closer it gets to the holiday though the more people will be caught up in family stuffs.

EDIT: Looks like I'm officialy changing the date to the 15th. Sorry if thats inconvenient to anyone, I promice to run at least one more in January.

wyldbratling
11-28-2007, 03:27 PM
Anyone who was planning to come to the Stitch N Share on december 15th at my house please email me wyldbratling at gmail.com or PM me so that I can send you directions and get an idea of how many people will be there.

TokuTenshi
12-19-2007, 01:22 PM
*sigh*
I live down in Sahuarita, its halfway between Tucson and Nogales.

wyldbratling
12-19-2007, 01:50 PM
*sigh*
I live down in Sahuarita, its halfway between Tucson and Nogales.

I know where Tucson is but no idea about Nogales.... I could probably do a longer one if it would be more economic time wise for you with such a long drive.

Aiyaleya
12-30-2007, 11:21 PM
Is anybody gonna be around near the end of January cosplaying D.Gray-man, or really anything?

Agnikurina
12-31-2007, 11:08 AM
Going to PCC, I believe it is around the end of January.

Probably will do Gintama Shinsengumi, Hei (Darker than Black) and, probably, Grave from Gungrave. Being the last out the most uncertain one.

Annik
01-12-2008, 10:48 PM
Is Going to PCC too! I can't decied what to go as yet. We have a huge(around ten) group of kids from my school going! I'm so excited!!!!!!!

Annik
01-12-2008, 10:51 PM
hi how do you get pics up?Also go to cosplaymeet up(I think thats what its called) and you can find people near you who wanna cosplay

SooYeonYi
01-19-2008, 11:18 AM
I'll be going to PCC too ^^

About the D.gray-man cosplay, I won't able to cosplay at the end of Jan. But maybbe at Saboten con in spring =D

Goggle Scarf
01-21-2008, 09:03 AM
Only 5 days till PCC? Where has the time gone? I am also going to PCC as Raito Yagami from Death Note with my boyfriend as L. We'll be the two with handcuffs. ^^

For Saboten I'm going as either Demyx from Kingdom Hearts 2, or Reno from Final Fantasy 7: Advent Children.

Goggle Scarf
01-21-2008, 09:15 AM
*waves at wyldbratling* Hello~ I'm a cosplayer from the Glendale area~ Are you going to PCC 08 this weekend? ^^

wyldbratling
01-21-2008, 10:44 AM
*waves at wyldbratling* Hello~ I'm a cosplayer from the Glendale area~ Are you going to PCC 08 this weekend? ^^

Probably just on Saturday though. Nice to meet another cosplayer whos local to me. What kind of cosplay do you do?

Goggle Scarf
01-21-2008, 10:55 AM
Mostly crossplay. I'm going to PCC as Raito Yagami from Death Note, with my boyfriend handcuffed to me as L. How about you?

wyldbratling
01-21-2008, 12:27 PM
Mostly crossplay. I'm going to PCC as Raito Yagami from Death Note, with my boyfriend handcuffed to me as L. How about you?

No cosplay for this one, I havent had time to finish anything and all my old stuff doesnt fit anymore. Sounds cute though for your concept. I am just getting into death note.

Goggle Scarf
01-21-2008, 10:17 PM
Cool~ The handcuffs come into the series about book......4 or 5 I believe.

Annik
02-18-2008, 10:54 AM
hey go to Aftercon.com and a lot of people in Arizona are on there! They have a bunch of people you can meet there like on here except closer to home

Goggle Scarf
02-18-2008, 02:59 PM
I live in Glendale~ As for my cosplays.....*looks as signature* That's it...x3

Annik
02-22-2008, 09:35 PM
I live in the Mesa/chandler area and will most likey be going to matsuri

Ulquiorra_Kun
05-07-2008, 08:50 PM
uuuuuum I am In AZ but not in Tuscon Area, I want to Cosplay!! reaaaall badly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! maybeh a little Help??

NyuNyu
05-07-2008, 08:55 PM
Hello Arizona cosplayers and cosplay hopefuls!! AZ has a new cosplay club - SunaCosu! As the leader of club, I hope you'll all join and attend the upcoming events. Our first meeting was this past Saturday but I hope to organize an event every month. =)

The website:
http://www.sunacosu.com

Please join the forums to discuss cosplay, get help, and suggest ideas for events.

http://www.sunacosu.com/forum

Thanks!

Kirakukami
05-30-2008, 01:43 PM
I know we only have 1 big con in AZ, but are there any of you guys out there?

Krista-ism
05-30-2008, 06:06 PM
Muhahaha
maybe... what's in it for me?
Lol Yeah why?

Mina
06-07-2008, 09:16 AM
Um, I'll be moving to Arizona near the end of the summer, if that counts for anything. ^ ^;

And at least AZ has ONE major con. Missouri has like... ASTL and that's it.

raijin_crosby
06-08-2008, 04:06 PM
I'm in Arizona but the major cosplay event in arizona has already passed and that was Saboten-Con. Of course there are more event's going on Like Anime Tucon in July and KikiCon in november but I think saboten-con was the biggest one in Arizona. I won't be going to Anime TuCon though, it is too far from me and the Anime Expo which I am going to in LA is much more worth it.

DisposblAssassn
06-08-2008, 04:28 PM
Wait, we have one big con? That's news to me. j/k

What was the attendance on Saboten anyways? Less than 2000 right? I guess that counts.

Despite being forced to do all our fabric shopping at JoAnn's there's a few of us out there. One of my friends is trying to build the AZ cosplay community a little more with an all-ages cosplay club for idea and skill sharing (not a competition group). Check out http://www.sunacosu.com (http://www.sunacosu.com/) We have hands on meetings, group work shops and a decent knowledge-base amongst the membership so far.

MemorizeThis
06-09-2008, 12:46 AM
*shifty eyes* I live in AZ...Phoenix to be precise. >_> But I haven't cosplayed yet. I only JUST today convinced my mother to let me after years of begging. I know. Amazing. XD Well I'm REALLY excited about it. LOL. Psh~So anyway. I am working on an Axel cosplay right now. :D Woo!

Angrias
06-09-2008, 04:51 AM
Yes, I live in AZ ;_; cosplay-a-holic, but mostly making them for other people.

raijin_crosby
06-09-2008, 09:39 PM
Wait, we have one big con? That's news to me. j/k

What was the attendance on Saboten anyways? Less than 2000 right? I guess that counts.

Despite being forced to do all our fabric shopping at JoAnn's there's a few of us out there. One of my friends is trying to build the AZ cosplay community a little more with an all-ages cosplay club for idea and skill sharing (not a competition group). Check out http://www.sunacosu.com (http://www.sunacosu.com/) We have hands on meetings, group work shops and a decent knowledge-base amongst the membership so far.

Lol, yeah, there wasn't a coleseums worth of people at saboten-con but there were enough people for me to have a 4 part video on youtube. My 1st convention was less than 100 people, but it was a good starter. I won't be able to join your cosplay club though :( I have too much on my plate already. I am in 3 different organizations and I do a lot of video work, so I am already pretty restless. I will check out your site after the anime expo is over. I have a ton of things to coordinate before that. If you want you can check out my videos on youtube my site is www.youtube.com/cosplayersalbum

*shifty eyes* I live in AZ...Phoenix to be precise. >_> But I haven't cosplayed yet. I only JUST today convinced my mother to let me after years of begging. I know. Amazing. XD Well I'm REALLY excited about it. LOL. Psh~So anyway. I am working on an Axel cosplay right now. :D Woo!

Good luck, you will enjoy it. I only was planning on cosplaying for one event but I have been at 2 already and going to another one this weekend, but that is the Phoenix GameCon. More about games than cosplay but atleast there is a cosplay masquerade. There are more conventions going on in arizona this year, that are not posted if you want to know more, you should also check out http://www.arizonahp.org/

Yes, I live in AZ ;_; cosplay-a-holic, but mostly making them for other people.

Cool Angrias, I will keep you in mind.

DisposblAssassn
06-11-2008, 02:48 AM
Hey, Raijin, I recognize you from Saboten! That's fine, I just thought I'd put it out there because the events are pretty much open to anyone so I'd keep checking back to see if there's going to be demos of stuff you might want to learn about. You never know when you might need some hands-on help.

raijin_crosby
06-13-2008, 10:24 PM
Hey, Raijin, I recognize you from Saboten! That's fine, I just thought I'd put it out there because the events are pretty much open to anyone so I'd keep checking back to see if there's going to be demos of stuff you might want to learn about. You never know when you might need some hands-on help.

I just found out recently I will need the help so I will mark it down in my calender for the june gathering.

DisposblAssassn
06-14-2008, 02:25 PM
That's great. I let them know on the forums. We'll see you there!

raijin_crosby
06-15-2008, 11:48 PM

Ok, sounds good.

MemorizeThis
06-17-2008, 09:54 PM
Hi there. ^_^ Just wondering if there were any cosplayers in the area...I've been home schooled almost all my life, but I am going to be going to Mountain View or Chapparel (sp?) High next semester. ^_^ Haha, so just wondering. It would be cool if anyone was going to those schools....

Kirakukami
06-23-2008, 12:03 AM
Hey Raijin I saw you at Saboten con!

Trench Kamen
06-25-2008, 02:49 PM
Despite being forced to do all our fabric shopping at JoAnn's there's a few of us out there.

Have you tried SAS on the corner of Apache and McClintock? They have a lot of great fabric stuff there on the cheap.

In response to looking for Arizona cosplayers: yo. :rockon: I missed Saboten for Fanime, though.

NyuNyu
06-27-2008, 09:48 PM
Have you tried SAS on the corner of Apache and McClintock? They have a lot of great fabric stuff there on the cheap.

Yeah he's familiar with SAS - that one is down the street from me! ^^ It just stinks that all the Hancock fabrics except Tucson have closed now. =( There really aren't a lot of variety or options in Arizona for fabric.

DisposblAssassn
06-28-2008, 02:19 AM
I just got back from Dallas, and even they have a small fabric district. its about a dozen warehouses right next to each other carrying everything from outlet upholstery fabric (where velvet floral prints go to die...) to places with most stuff you could want, just not a lot of the high end stuff. Phoenix confuses me. Its a huge metropolitan area but so lacking in cultural aspects of even smaller areas.

Feawen
06-28-2008, 02:49 AM
Yeah he's familiar with SAS - that one is down the street from me! ^^ It just stinks that all the Hancock fabrics except Tucson have closed now. =( There really aren't a lot of variety or options in Arizona for fabric.

wait, all of them died, when?? The hancock on university in mesa was fine just before saboten, don't tell me it has died while I was on vacation!!!! NOOOOOO!! I'm gonna go over tomarrow and see if its still there. I knew I should have gone before I left.

Anyway, back on topic
there are actually plenty of cosplayers in arizona (alot of us seem to have no web presence though). We have plenty of cosplay events around, PCC, Saboten, Phoenix Con Games, Anizona (or not), anime tucon, matsuri festival, and other random things pop up all the time.
We are slowly losing events though, like PAF and mabey Anizona, and there is probably little hope for a return of the Otaku University Conference.

Only big problem with cosplaying in arizona is finding materials, Christophe had a running joke at Saboten about how he was going to print out a list of places to buy cosplay materials to pass out at his panel, but he coulden't find any in our stupid state.

rant over.

Eidolon Bird
06-28-2008, 06:39 AM
Another Arizona cosplayer here - I'm in north-western Peoria, practically out in Sun City. Boy, do I ever feel the pain of having nowhere but JoAnn to shop at! D= I do occasionally take the trip out to the SAS at 19th and Peoria and have dropped by the Hobby Lobby at I-10 and the 101 once or twice, but seeing as how both are 40+ mile round-trips and given the cost of gas, I don't go very often.

As for me, I'm a bit older (28) and usually focus my time and money on books and video games and one or two BIG cons (Dragon*Con is, by far, my favorite con) instead of anime and manga and lots of smaller anime cons. What few anime and manga series I am familiar with tend to be at least a decade old, and I tend to get blank looks when talking to the younger fans. I don't do near as much sewing as I would like as my job eats up most of my time. Not knowing other people who cosplay makes it difficult to get motivated even when I DO have time.

However, the SunaCosu group looks really interesting! I can't make it to the June meeting (today... have to work. stupid work!), but maybe I can clear my schedule for the July or August get-togethers. It would be nice to meet other people and get back into the swing of costuming. =D

OwlDepot
06-29-2008, 02:18 AM
Posting in an Arizona thread. I'm amused with all the SunaCosu pimping going on in here. I hope to see you people August 2nd at the meeting!

raijin_crosby
06-29-2008, 11:41 AM
Hey Raijin I saw you at Saboten con!

Lol, I'm wondering who you are now. Perhaps you were on my video on youtube? :chatah:

Nevermind....I checked out your profile. I don't remember passing by you though....

raijin_crosby
06-29-2008, 11:48 AM

Man I missed the gathering because I tried to get into the forums at the last minute and they were closed. I will have to try for next time I guess...

Hmm....I'm glad I read this.

wonders how in the world nyunyu is able to reply to all these millions of forums she is on.... :chatah:

I also wonder if there are any pictures on the web of the Final Fantasy gathering at saboten-con

Days until Anime Expo....

NyuNyu
07-03-2008, 01:36 AM
Feawen - Yes, I am sorry to inform you that the Mesa Hancocks is closing! =( Get your bargains while you still can! Well...if 40-50% off is a bargain to you lol. They should mark it down more; that's coupon price. Then I heard from a friend in Flag their's is closing too. Last time I talked to Kisa there were still a couple in Tucson.

That seems to be an ongoing problem, with conventions only being one year. Otaku University and Phoenix Animefest will likely never return. Anime TuCon looks iffy. SabotenCon will return, and Phoenix ComiCon is expanding every year! ^_^ Phoenix ConGames is adding more costume and anime programming as well as other conventions, especially as SunaCosu gets more involvement. =D

LOL @ Cristoph xD sad but true.

Caelendil
07-08-2008, 08:02 AM
Hey all, I'm from AZ. I was at Saboten-con this year, and for a first year con, I thought it went rather well. I went as Axel this year, and that seems to be my ongoing theme with costumes, is all Axel varieties. XD I'm currently in the Ahwatukee area, I was in Glendale before, but just moved a couple months ago.

Sailor Phoenix
07-09-2008, 06:36 AM
>.>........<.<.....Hi everybody! ^-^ *Runs off*

raijin_crosby
07-14-2008, 11:43 PM
Feawen - Yes, I am sorry to inform you that the Mesa Hancocks is closing! =( Get your bargains while you still can! Well...if 40-50% off is a bargain to you lol. They should mark it down more; that's coupon price. Then I heard from a friend in Flag their's is closing too. Last time I talked to Kisa there were still a couple in Tucson.

That seems to be an ongoing problem, with conventions only being one year. Otaku University and Phoenix Animefest will likely never return. Anime TuCon looks iffy. SabotenCon will return, and Phoenix ComiCon is expanding every year! ^_^ Phoenix ConGames is adding more costume and anime programming as well as other conventions, especially as SunaCosu gets more involvement. =D

LOL @ Cristoph xD sad but true.

My hopes are that you didn't take me to seriously my last message about you NyuNyu, I was only picking on you....a little.

On a more serious note, do you think Hancocks has finally shut things down in Mesa? Cause if not I am going to be running for the border friday afternoon to see what I can get.

Hey all, I'm from AZ. I was at Saboten-con this year, and for a first year con, I thought it went rather well. I went as Axel this year, and that seems to be my ongoing theme with costumes, is all Axel varieties. XD I'm currently in the Ahwatukee area, I was in Glendale before, but just moved a couple months ago.

I remember you, you were in my video....I think....
well I remember seeing you atleast.

Well Anime Expo has come and gone. I'm glad I went, I enjoyed it very much, heck I had to edit 192 which are in this album (http://s309.photobucket.com/albums/kk374/cosplayersalbum/Anime%20Expo%2008%20-%20Edited%20Pics/)

I also have some video stuff to edit as well. Much love people!

http://i309.photobucket.com/albums/kk374/cosplayersalbum/Anime%20Expo%2008%20-%20Edited%20Pics/IMAGE_204-1.jpg

Krista-ism
07-17-2008, 01:46 AM
If I'm correct Comicon is the next major shindig, right...?

Sailor Phoenix
07-17-2008, 06:16 AM
Yup. Phoenix Comicon is the next big con in AZ.

Krista-ism
07-17-2008, 11:43 AM
So that's the next con?
I heard of Coppercon but it doesn't look to interesting to me.
Plus I don't think Allen will be done by then. ~^.^~

Emmyla
07-17-2008, 11:50 AM
I'm pretty sure I'll be moving to AZ this coming winter. Not sure when or where, but it's comforting to know that there are still cosplay communities there >w<

Sailor Phoenix
07-17-2008, 09:16 PM
So that's the next con?
I heard of Coppercon but it doesn't look to interesting to me.
Plus I don't think Allen will be done by then. ~^.^~

Well there are others cons and such like coppercon. But if you are looking for anime and manga related. Phoenix comic con is the next big con for that.

geass
07-23-2008, 06:05 PM
are there any cosplayers in arizona?because i need help on my code geass costume

Sailor Phoenix
07-23-2008, 10:22 PM
You might want to ask in this thread instead. Okay. ^-^ http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=149095

Red Comet
07-23-2008, 10:55 PM
Oh, I didn't notice this message thread until now...

Yes, I'm a cosplayer that hails from Tucson, Arizona.

If any of you were at that small, first-time convention called AnimeTucon (July 12-13), you may have seen me. I was Lt. Col. Roy Mustang ("Full Metal Alchemist") on Saturday and Lt. Char Aznable ("Mobile Suit Gundam") on Sunday.

geass
07-24-2008, 08:17 PM
ok thanks

geass
07-24-2008, 08:20 PM
yeah i live in arizona too and i'm new at cosplaying.Plus i need help on my costume

NyuNyu
08-22-2008, 02:20 PM
I posted info for the next two SunaCosu events. I hope to see some new faces! ^_^

Steampunk Workshop Sept. 20 (http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=158469)
This is for everyone involved in the upcoming steampunk group to work on their costumes. This is an open group - so anyone can come and get ideas for their project! =D

Picnic/Photoshoot Sept. 27 (http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?p=2594461#post2594461)
This is an open photoshoot to get pics of your costumes and have fun! Photographers are still needed too!

wyldbratling
08-26-2008, 11:01 AM
I posted info for the next two SunaCosu events. I hope to see some new faces! ^_^

Steampunk Workshop Sept. 20 (http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=158469)
This is for everyone involved in the upcoming steampunk group to work on their costumes. This is an open group - so anyone can come and get ideas for their project! =D

Picnic/Photoshoot Sept. 27 (http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?p=2594461#post2594461)
This is an open photoshoot to get pics of your costumes and have fun! Photographers are still needed too!

More Upcoming Events for Sunacosu

Coppercon Meet & Greet September 30th 11 am

Stitch N Share - Open workshop - Location TBA - October 18th

Sunacosu Halloween Party - Costume required - Location TBA - November 1st

Steampunk Open Workshop - Location TBA - November 15th

Renaissance Faire Workshop - Location TBA - December 13th

Stitch N Share - Location TBA - December 20th

Sparky06
08-26-2008, 01:55 PM
Yay! Arizona thread! ^^ The few of us out there, hehe!

Atomic Comics Metro is having an animefest sept. 20th.
I should be working it.
Look for a Shiki ((The world ends with you))

I really liked Saboten Con =( It was better then the past Anizonas.

Sparky06
09-02-2008, 03:20 PM
So...did anyone go to Copper Con?

raijin_crosby
09-08-2008, 06:32 AM
A friend of mine went to CopperCon, I didn't go cause I wanted to spend my weekend getting some video editting and other stuff done. I still have a ways to go before I finish eveything.

It's uppose to be a secret but I am going to the samurai comics PJ thing sept. 13 which is this saturday. It's the samurai comics on 107th ave and indian school, or something like that.

I will definitely be at KikiCon though....because I have a music performance to do there. I plan to make my performance as awesome as I can.

NyuNyu
09-25-2008, 08:40 PM
I am so sad the date for KikiCon had to be pushed back again. =( Now I can't go, and we were going to run Iron Cosplay!

This weekend is SunaCosu's picnic/photoshoot. I updated the thread here (http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=158471) so check out the info! ^_^ Looks like about 20 people may be attending.

Lunette
09-27-2008, 01:40 PM
Hi I live in AZ and I am new to cosplayying x3

I want to dress up as Tohru Honda <3 :)

raijin_crosby
10-20-2008, 10:05 PM
It tis sad that KikiCon did get pushed back. It is better for me because I'm not quite prepared for my performance yet.
I should be well prepared by the new date and I will be posting a music video pretty soon of a song that I plan to perform at KikiCon.
I also am hearing that ToyBox will be performing and I will also be performing in clubs pretty soon, but I doubt that I will be leaving Cosplay behind, I love it too much.
Oh, and I will be hanging out with the Zelda team from saboten-con. We have all been planning a lot of video work together so I have a lot in the works.
I hope everyone that can come will come, Catcha later folks.
-Raijin

anime_lover260
10-25-2008, 10:35 PM
Yes Arizona! I live in Tucson...no one else does! Contact me here! Id love to get a cosplay group going in Tucson or even phoenix, and go to conventions. Tucson sucks....

NyuNyu
11-09-2008, 09:17 PM
Yes Arizona! I live in Tucson...no one else does! Contact me here! Id love to get a cosplay group going in Tucson or even phoenix, and go to conventions. Tucson sucks....

Hey I have some cosplayer friends in Tucson! You are not alone. And more small cons have been popping up in Tucson lately, actually. Even though SunaCosu is based out of Phoenix area, we hope to have some Tucson events actually. =3

Auzrill
11-11-2008, 04:24 PM
I live in Gilbert but I do go to cons in the mesa/phoenix area- I've been to Saboten con and PCC.

jj1027
11-17-2008, 09:57 PM
Hey I live in Az. I'm still new to cosplay, and I cant make it to a lot of events because I live in new river, conveniently located under some rock in northern arizona. I wish I knew some cosplayers out by anthem, but I dont. it kinda sucks.

Harra Arial
11-29-2008, 07:02 PM
Ah, I live in Scottsdale ((Central AZ, I believe...)) I've only lived here for a year and a half, however. *Still learning the area.*

HarraArial@yahoo.com

Send me an Instant Message if you want to get together or something, ja? I'm always open for meetings. <3 ((Ach... I must sound like some sort of creeping pedophile saying that.... I mean it more like a day to go out to lunch or something? I know not.))

Arkturus
12-03-2008, 12:29 PM
Hey good to see so many others into cosplay, I get back to Glendale later this month and like to start into cosplay, been to a few Atomic Comic events a few years back, but really like to get into it again, if anyone knows of any events going on let me know!

jj1027
12-05-2008, 09:41 PM
Ah, I live in Scottsdale ((Central AZ, I believe...)) I've only lived here for a year and a half, however. *Still learning the area.*

HarraArial@yahoo.com

Send me an Instant Message if you want to get together or something, ja? I'm always open for meetings. <3 ((Ach... I must sound like some sort of creeping pedophile saying that.... I mean it more like a day to go out to lunch or something? I know not.))

Hey harra, whats up. Glad to see you got on like I told you. thats at least one cosplayer I know on this sight.:)

Kounya
12-19-2008, 02:17 AM
Hello, everyone. I used to live in Yuma (right next to the Mexican and Californian borders) but I moved up to Phoenix for college. :D I'm going to be attending Phoenix Comic Con and I'm excited. x_x"" I've never been to it before, has anyone else attended it? The only AZ con I've been to was Phoenix Anime Fest (that only had one run) in 2006. :'c

jj1027
12-20-2008, 10:53 PM
Hello, everyone. I used to live in Yuma (right next to the Mexican and Californian borders) but I moved up to Phoenix for college. :D I'm going to be attending Phoenix Comic Con and I'm excited. x_x"" I've never been to it before, has anyone else attended it? The only AZ con I've been to was Phoenix Anime Fest (that only had one run) in 2006. :'c

I have not yet been to pcc, but I'm going in january. I hope to see you there. Also, I see your cosplaying organization 13. My friend is organizing a group of the entire organization, but I am in epic fail mode in making their weapons

Kazukii
12-21-2008, 09:09 PM
Another cosplay-ish event coming on up after PCC is the Matsuri Fest! It's during the last weekend in Feb.
In downtown Phx, an asian fest with quite a few cosplayers that normally attend.

cutiehuggiebear
12-25-2008, 08:03 PM
Im in Arizona as well, in Higley! I am new to cosplay and this year, at Comicon, me and a few friends are going as Naruto Characters and then next convention as KH2 characters.Totally Funn!:geek:

sasukeuchihaa
01-08-2009, 01:47 AM
Hi, i'm new in arizona, i moved recently... i'm from chandler and i'm a sasuke uchiha roller and a cosplayer from two years ago, i want to stay ina copslya group or make one... i'm an aspirant for the ASU n_n' (good luck xD) and well here is my mail to contact me:

sasuke_.uchiha@msn.com

-------------------------------------------
Next convention:
Phoenix Comicon > Cosplay: Genin Sasuke Uchiha (my first convention in US n_n')

P.S. If somebody is going to that convention and is alone or ina group tell me please, i don't want to go alone he he thanks!!!!

Otaku-chi
01-13-2009, 03:24 PM
Hey I have some cosplayer friends in Tucson! You are not alone. And more small cons have been popping up in Tucson lately, actually. Even though SunaCosu is based out of Phoenix area, we hope to have some Tucson events actually. =3

I used to live in Tucson, but my dad worked up at the Foothills High School and he hated it. So we moved. XD I live in Safford now. Any cosplayers in Arizona going to Anizona in April? :3

Counting my friends who have only cosplayed once, there are only three cosplayers in Safford that I know of. T_T I thought I saw a Misa Misa cosplayer at a Halloween dance once, but she was just a hillbilly . . .

Red Comet
01-14-2009, 03:13 AM
Hmmm... AniZona... I'll probably just attend on Saturday. There are a few things that make me reluctant to stay for the whole event... It takes place on Easter weekend, and the hotel prices are fairly high.

As for Sabotencon (which will take place in October), there I plan to attend the whole convention.

Oh, yes, I'm one of the cosplayers who hails from Tucson. It seems like Phoenix is where a lot of the action is... though last year we had a nice little event called AnimeTucon. Hopefully it will return this year.

CC_Ayumi
01-25-2009, 04:48 PM
Heyy Im from AZ, I live in Phoenix! YAY Phoneix!! XD
Nice to see some Arizona cosplayers here haha!

jounink
02-02-2009, 04:04 PM
I live in Az and im new to the whole cosplay scene. I went to ComiCon with a friend (our 1st con) and we plan to attend and actually cosplay at AniZona this year. I plan to go as Fran and Yoruichi (a friend request) and my friend is doing the lolita thing

Red Pirate Eva
02-21-2009, 04:07 PM
Hey! I'm from Arizona! I was at Comicon on Sunday... my friend and I were Ran and Sonoko from Detective Conan (or schoolgirls to everyone else) Is anyone else in the phoenix area? I can't find any cosplay groups for the life of me...
e-mail me at vkelleher@qwest.net !!!!!

DeathByCosplay
03-03-2009, 08:36 PM
Anyone in Arizona? :3 I'll be going to Anizona as Axel...hope to meet some new people! Especially Organization XIII or KH cosplayers! (Trying to form a KH Cosplay Group)

Sad_Riku
03-04-2009, 11:58 PM
I live in AZ soon I will be moving to Phoenix! My emial is chika_chan@ymail.com

I plan to cosplay Zoey from Left 4 Dead or Lelouch from Code Geass sometime in the next couple of months..

Sad_Riku
03-05-2009, 12:00 AM
I can probably attend AniZona and if I do I will probably (if ya need it) be Aerith from KH2. Or I may be Xion AKA the 14th Organization member. I live in AZ...yayay!

DeathByCosplay
03-05-2009, 08:17 AM
Sweet! :D If you see a Marluxia, Axel, and Raven (Teen Titans) running around together, I'll be the Axel. Come say hi! We'd love to have an addition to the group. :3

tasu
03-06-2009, 01:16 PM
I'm in AZ. Yep.

hitodenashi
03-07-2009, 04:54 AM
im from arizona and would like to get into the cosplay scene

Ayana4418
03-07-2009, 12:58 PM
Hey there! This is gonna be my first convention, and I'm going as Larxene! ^-^ Yay! I'm so excited cause everyone here thinks I'm a freak for liking anime, and now I have people who understand me! Hope we'll get a good turnout! We at least need a Sora in the group....or Roxas. But anyway, I'll get to meet my traitor buddy, Marluxia! Axel...<_< I hate you. (not really)

Ayana4418
03-07-2009, 01:02 PM
I'm here. ^_^ Going to Anizona as Larxene.

DeathByCosplay
03-08-2009, 11:25 PM
I hate you too. =_=......xD
We'll be lookin for ya! :3

Btw, I told Marly about cha. He's excited to meet his traitor buddy as well. xD

anime-goth-girl
03-09-2009, 04:50 PM
I live in Scottsdale, AZ. I'm planning on going to AniZona as Nekozawa Umehito, Echizen Ryoma, and a surprise cosplay for my friend Cash. (If you want to know what it is, message me privately.)

----------------
Costumes:
Umehito Nekozawa (Ouran High School Host Club)- 95%
Isaribi (Naruto)- 100%
L (Death Note)- 100%
Urahara Kisuke (Bleach)- 100%
Aerith (FF7)- 100%
Light Yagami (Death Note)- 95%
Misa Amane (Death Note)- 100%
Rukia Kuchiki (Bleach)- 100%
Ryoma Echizen (Prince of Tennis)- 50%

~~~JOIN MY COSPLAY GROUP~~~
(Just message me to join)

-Sawyer
Creater of M.S.W. (Major Seizure Warning)