PDA

View Full Version : Comic book shoot?

miyavilover666
02-02-2009, 07:26 PM
Hey guys. i was really wanting to do an all around comic book shoot.
I will be doing Death from Neil Gaimen's Sandman.
I might have a Barbie with me (for Neil Gaimen's Sandman a Game of you)
I would love to meet up with any other comic book cosplayers!
Marvel, DC, Vertigo anything!

We could discuss a time and place, i have never been to Megacon so i don't know where the best places to have shoots are, i am guessing some where outside?

Mary Marvel
02-02-2009, 08:40 PM
The convention centre has lots of steps and stairs and balconies around the place, but I'm like you, I'm originally from Australia so I have no idea where things are lol

You'd have a Mary Marvel and The Spirit with my husband and I, but we may be caught up in the dealers' room looking at all the stuff we can't afford haha

miyavilover666
02-02-2009, 08:42 PM
lol go us XD
Awesome! well i am sure we could work some thing out ^W^

Kitsune
02-02-2009, 08:47 PM
Yeah, the stairs make some pretty awesome photos. :3

What day would this be for? I'm still hammering out my costume schedule, but I'll definitely have Gambit with me for at least Friday, and I might have Tyleet (not that many people will have any idea who I am...) on Sunday, or perhaps Gambit or... other characters, I'm not sure yet. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like I'll have Dream, and Daniel's still up in the air.

Anohmolee
02-02-2009, 09:33 PM
I'll be there as Delirium. I don't know which day yet, but I guess it'll depend on if we get a shoot together.

Mary Marvel
02-03-2009, 09:16 AM
My husand and I were just hoping to see a group of heroes and jump in the shot! haha

Lady Skywalker
02-04-2009, 09:20 PM
I'll Pepper Potts! I would prefer saturday because most people are in costume then and that's when I'm wearing her blue dress.

miyavilover666
02-05-2009, 08:37 AM
I was planning to do Death on Friday.
So a shoot friday would be cool, Saturday i will be in Jenova so it would be impossible for me to get changed, (i have a blue tint to my skin for a day after i do that costume T_T)

Anohmolee
02-05-2009, 11:23 AM
I was planning to do Death on Friday.
So a shoot friday would be cool, Saturday i will be in Jenova so it would be impossible for me to get changed, (i have a blue tint to my skin for a day after i do that costume T_T)
Friday would be good for me, then I could do Dr. Girlfriend on Saturday and Integra on Sunday.

miyavilover666
02-06-2009, 01:45 PM
Awesome, so you guys want to meet at a set of stairs or something?
and would you rather be later at night or during the day?

Anohmolee
02-06-2009, 04:49 PM
Any time is good with me. I can't remember what the Hall looks like, so we'd probably have to look at a layout of the floor or something. I think there may be on the website.

Mary Marvel
02-06-2009, 08:28 PM
We don't usually stay til night b/c we have to get up early for the next day lol

Kitsune
02-06-2009, 09:03 PM
Friday sounds good to me, too - I'll have Gambit that day~

Anytime works for me, but I personally like shots in the day better than most night shots, and it's probably easier to wrangle people in during the afternoon or so than the evening.

Mary Marvel
02-06-2009, 09:47 PM
Lighting is gonna be better too during the day.

miyavilover666
02-06-2009, 11:39 PM
Well, i also think comic that it should take place at night.
I am sorry to anyone that can't make it but i think it would be the best.
We can all round each other up during the day when we see each other decide where to meet then figure out a spot.
does that sound good?
unless someone else that has been there could tell us where to meet?

Anohmolee
02-07-2009, 10:24 AM
Lighting is a good point. I'm not sure how long the people I'm going with are going to hang around and wait for me after dark anyways, and I'd rather not walk back to my hotel alone. I'm confused. Are we doing it in the day or night? XD Or, at sunset?

miyavilover666
02-07-2009, 01:08 PM
We it gets dark around 6pm. so maybe we can meet at like 5 right before dark so at about sunset.
we can find each other through out the day and think where we want to meet.
does that sound good?

Mary Marvel
02-07-2009, 02:36 PM
We spend most of our time in the dealers' room, but we may be hanging around outside it for a while for photos both Friday and Saturday.

miyavilover666
02-07-2009, 02:44 PM
Well, i am sure everyone goes to the dealers room at some point, and i am there a lot too so i am sure we will see eachother.
we should post pics of ourselves so we know who to look for.

Mary Marvel
02-07-2009, 05:28 PM
Well, you'll be looking for Mary Marvel and The Spirit, and that's me from last year's MegaCon in my avatar :)

Prota-Girl
02-07-2009, 06:31 PM
WHat day what day is all I am asking!!!? Batman Beyond will be on Friday and Sunday! :D Possibly on Saturday is Candle Jack doesn't work out! :DDDD I AM EXCITED.

Kitsune
02-07-2009, 08:52 PM
It's looking like Friday, ne? Prota-Girl, I demand a DC v Marvel shot with my Gambit and your Batman Beyond, please. <3

http://www.cosplay.com/photo/1449356/ <--- This will be me on Friday~ I'll probably be around the Dealer's Room a lot Friday, or wherever my friends drag me too. XD People will have an easier chance of spotting me than I'll have of spotting them, probably, since my contacts make it hard to focus.

Lady Skywalker
02-07-2009, 09:00 PM
Friday works for me too. I will still be Pepper Potts!

Anohmolee
02-07-2009, 11:32 PM
So like, Friday around 5 p.m.? That sounds perfect to me, everything would be winding down. Myspace! (http://www.myspace.com/idoclaw) << My picture on this site isn't so great. These are better. XD

Oh, Kitsune, I've been meaning to as you if you go to B.A.R.F. every year. You look familiar.

Prota-Girl
02-07-2009, 11:33 PM
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!

OH HAPPY DAY!!!! I plan to get there on Friday early. So what time and where a the center exactly? O.O YAY!!!! Cards vs Ba-a-rangs! :D

Kitsune
02-08-2009, 12:18 AM
Yeah, we do need to work out a where, still. XD I'm not that familiar with where the con is taking place this year, I can only remember the stairs from last year.

Anohmolee - I certainly do. x3 My mum and dad used to work there, and I'm a Renni-kid through and through. I'm atrocious at placing faces, though (I blame the large cast of Metro that I work with XD), so I feel bad for not being able to return the familiar sense without more information.

Prota-Girl - Yay~ :3 Hopefully we work out a location soon - if not, it seems like everyone will be in the Dealer's Room at... some point. Word of mouth, whoo. XD

Anohmolee
02-08-2009, 07:30 PM
I remember there were some vending machines right outside the doors at the bottom of the stairs, and then up the stairs was the giant foyer area. We could always meet right up there.

Kitsune- I knew you looked familiar. You probably wouldn't recognize me unless I was in my entire pirate costume, but it's changed a lot over the years. But maybe we'll see eachother this year. ^-^

Mary Marvel
02-08-2009, 08:58 PM
Will most people be getting to the convention on Friday early? We could get our tickets (for those of us who have prebought) and then meet outside or near the outside area of stairs. We can get it done early?

Prota-Girl
02-08-2009, 09:22 PM
I am going to try to get there early. Perhaps 12:00? Cause That would be perfect for me. :D I should arrive to the con at 10:00 or 11:00. :DDDDDDDD

miyavilover666
02-08-2009, 09:36 PM
i will also be there early (that i know of) on friday.

Mary Marvel
02-08-2009, 09:39 PM
We're gonna be there heaps early b/c last year we were in major traffic delays b/c everyone was driving there lol

Kitsune
02-08-2009, 09:39 PM
If things go as they've gone the last two years, then I'll be there early, too. Way too early. XD Probably 8 or 9 or so; I can't remember when ticket pick-up begins. <_< But I'll be there. With a lot of cards. If I haven't hooked up with any friends, I'll probably be sitting in the "waiting for the showroom to open" line playing Solitaire, but I tend to latch to the first person who I recognize/recognizes me. XD So here's hoping. I'd love to play cards with anyone who wants, though I only know a handful myself.

Anohmolee - Hah, that'd be awesome! I've never run into anyone from the forums at a Festival. Here's hoping~

Mary Marvel
02-09-2009, 08:46 AM
When I woke up, I realised I don't quite know how these things work... who's taking photos? lol

Anohmolee
02-09-2009, 09:48 AM
We're two hours south, so I'm going to try to leave at like 7 a.m. I hope our hotel lets us check in early. XD

Kitsune- It'd be excellent. We should have a pretty good sized group going this year. I'm excited. ^-^

Prota-Girl
02-09-2009, 07:16 PM
Well, I'm bringing my camera.... and I an take pics and stuff. xD And if others want to take pics, they can use my camera as well or their own. LOL Never really been to a true photoshoot. So this is exciting. So it's still a maybe for the time, Huh?

Mary Marvel
02-09-2009, 08:59 PM
Earlier the better I think.... perhaps around 11am I'd say.

Anohmolee
02-09-2009, 10:51 PM
I don't think I could do that early, mostly because I don't know when my hotel is going to let us check in.

Kitsune
02-10-2009, 07:33 AM
Yeah, it's never easy to tell when a hotel might let you check in early or not. I'm still not sure if we're getting a hotel, but I know I won't be checking in 'til late, because one of my friends will be booking it if we do get it, and that group won't be coming in 'til late Friday.

I'd say we should try for sometime in the afternoon. Maybe 4 or so? I tried looking at the map of the convention center, but couldn't pick out a good photo spot from the floor plans. Couldn't pick out much of anything from the floor plans, actually. <_<; Maybe we could meet at, say, just outside the dealer's room (last year there was a bit of space outside the dealer's room) or near the ticket booth or something at a specified time, like 4 or 5 or what-have-you?

I'll also have my camera. We can probably just take turns taking photos, and maybe one of us can grab and out-of-costume friend to take a photo of all of us? Crossovers of doom, yay. =D

Dark_Acolyte
02-10-2009, 12:02 PM
Heck, I think I might show up for this photoshoot, since it's my first time cosplaying a comic book character.

Juego
02-12-2009, 12:09 PM
I'll be Rorschach on Friday.

Kitsune
02-15-2009, 10:57 PM
The more the merrier! I hope we can all get planned in time, though. XD

I hope to see a lot of good Watchmen cosplays at the con. I dunno how many will be able to top your Rorschach though, Juego. XD You've done an amazing job on the costume.

Prota-Girl
02-15-2009, 11:32 PM
I like the idea of 4:00 P.M It fits perfectly. and I love you, Juego. Total crossovers everyone!! XD I am so tempted to make a quick Toad cosplay to mess around with Gambit. xP But maybe next year. xD I R EXCITED.

Mary Marvel
02-16-2009, 08:22 AM
I guess it's 4pm then. We should collect outside the dealer's room and then walk to an area for photos?

miyavilover666
02-16-2009, 09:10 AM
Yep 4pm!
Outside the dealer's room!
Sounds good to everyone, it sounds good to me!
So i will see you all there!!! <3

Prota-Girl
02-16-2009, 03:09 PM
Yes I love it! *marks it* SHWEET! xD

The outer dealers room is awesome. And others will possibly want out pics too, so weee!! XD

Mary Marvel
02-16-2009, 03:27 PM
Yeh, I guess people seeing us there will cause clickage of cameras ~shrug~

Anohmolee
02-16-2009, 03:46 PM
I noticed his Rorschach too. I was like, "HOLY CRAP THAT'S AMAZING!" His Warden is looking amazing, too. My friend wants me to kidnap him......Anyway, Four p.m. it is then! It'll be the best crossover ever. I'm so excited! I'm gonna go make mac n' cheese and do more test runs.

--Yay! Tests turned out good. I'm soooooooo freaking excited.

Juego
02-16-2009, 11:08 PM
I guess it's 4pm then. We should collect outside the dealer's room and then walk to an area for photos?

4pm, it is!

And y'all are too kind. Sugar cubes for everyone!

Dragonmun
02-17-2009, 02:24 AM
Sugar cubes for everyone!

Oh hell yeah! I'll be wired on Sunday! Whoo!

Mary Marvel
02-17-2009, 08:46 AM
We might find that people will just start clicking when they see us there and we may not move anywhere else? lol

Kitsune
02-17-2009, 09:03 AM
Yay, a plan~ :3 Everyone be sure to scout for good comic book backgrounds during the day, and hopefully we can escape to a good place to avoid crowding up the entrance to the dealer's room. I've changed back to being Molly Grue for a bit on Friday, but I'll be sure to be in Gambit by 2 or 3.

Anohmolee
02-17-2009, 12:58 PM
If I'm correct, I know there's a lot of stairs outside, and there's a larger foyer area. And last year, the entrance to the dealer's room was crowded enough without people outside for shoots. Plus, I don't think security would like that very much.

Prota-Girl
02-17-2009, 01:08 PM
Oh If it's cool out I'd love to get some good outside shots of us!! :D I've always wanted a good outside pic of me as Batsy on a shelf or something. O_O The stairs would be nice too! xD

Juego
02-17-2009, 02:18 PM
If I'm correct, I know there's a lot of stairs outside, and there's a larger foyer area. And last year, the entrance to the dealer's room was crowded enough without people outside for shoots. Plus, I don't think security would like that very much.

Keep in mind we're in the other building this year. I haven't been there in ages, though, so I can't say what the space is like.

Anohmolee
02-17-2009, 09:50 PM
Keep in mind we're in the other building this year. I haven't been there in ages, though, so I can't say what the space is like.

Crap, I forgot about that. But regardless, there's usually a large foyer area, so we could move there once we meet up to get out of the way. XD

miyavilover666
02-21-2009, 03:41 PM
we could always hit up multiple places if we want.
We will move like a comic book reunion from hell XDDD
it will be great.

Prota-Girl
02-21-2009, 07:05 PM
Yeah the traveling Comic peoples Phtoshoot!!! :D *is excited* few more days peoples!!

AnaAesthetic
02-23-2009, 04:36 PM
I will certainly try to make it ^_^ I'll have Jean Grey on Saturday, looks like Ms. Marvel (Moonstone) on Friday... and who knows what else I decide to pull from my closet :)

Mary Marvel
02-23-2009, 06:34 PM
We may be able to pull more people when we're walking around too, so the crowd may get even bigger!

It's come around so fast, how exciting.

Lady Skywalker
02-23-2009, 09:22 PM
So 4pm Friday? Perfect! I'll be Sally Jupiter that day, so I'll definately stop by!

Anohmolee
02-23-2009, 11:35 PM
So excited! Delirium is all done. I wanted to wear a necklace. Today, when I went out looking for a stuffed fish today, I found a whale-print tie instead. I also found a clock-face pin, I ended up writing "Tempus Frangit" on it.

Mary Marvel
02-24-2009, 10:36 AM
So it's gonna be fairly warm over the weekend... let's hope there's a slight breeze or something if we end up outside lol

Kitsune
02-26-2009, 06:55 AM
I will be crossing everything possible in hopes of getting a nice breeze outside. Stupid quilted jacket. XD And breezes make for cool comic book shots.

Mary Marvel
02-26-2009, 09:19 AM
My husband will be dressed from head to toe plus a leather mask... and he gets warm on a cold day! Eeep!

Hyper_Phantom
02-26-2009, 09:59 AM
I'd like to join! I'll be there as a raver version of the Joker, and possibly Death. =)

Prota-Girl
02-26-2009, 11:57 AM
Wootness!!!

Anohmolee
02-26-2009, 12:06 PM
Tomorrow's the big day! I'm so excited! We're going to get to our hotel around 9 in the morning, so I'm probably going to end up changing in their lobby bathroom.

Anohmolee
03-01-2009, 07:00 PM
If anyone has pictures from this, I'd greatly appreciate if you could send them to me. ^-^ My camera is horrible.

Mary Marvel
03-01-2009, 08:02 PM
http://www.flickr.com/photos/megared/sets/72157614526830532/

miyavilover666
03-01-2009, 11:18 PM
I will have my pics up as soon as i can!

Juego
03-02-2009, 06:04 PM
I've got some pics here (http://flickr.com/photos/thekruger/sets/72157614645777261/detail/).

Kitsune
03-02-2009, 07:00 PM
Mary Marvel and Juego, you got some great photos! With credit, could I use one or two? :3

I had a great time everyone! Thanks for being so awesome~

Anohmolee
03-02-2009, 07:15 PM
Mary Marvel and Juego, you got some great photos! With credit, could I use one or two? :3

I had a great time everyone! Thanks for being so awesome~ Indeed! May I use them for my albums, and such? ^-^

I wish I had a time machine, so I could go back and do the whole thing again.

Mary Marvel
03-02-2009, 07:25 PM
Sure, use away :)

Juego
03-03-2009, 01:54 PM

I had a great time everyone! Thanks for being so awesome~

Of course, use how you please!