PDA

View Full Version : Washu hair

Spiffy
07-25-2003, 05:36 PM
Um...hey there! I'm gonna be cosplaying as Washu in exactally two weeks, and I'm still completely stumped for hair. I can't use my own, because it's not really that long and I don't want to dye it. So...does anyone have any ideas? I'd really really REEEALLY appreciate it. ^__^

Sarcasm-hime
07-25-2003, 07:57 PM
I've seen some great Washu wigs done out of foam....I haven't worked with foam wigs before though, so can't offer any tips. I've also seen some great huge/spiky anime hair done by sewing triangular tubes out of fabric and stuffing them, then sewing them to a skullcap. ^_^

carly579
07-25-2003, 07:58 PM
Here's what you do:

1. Order this:
http://www.wilshirewigs.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=wigs&Product_Code=gt63&Category_Code=&Search=punky+by+giant&Search_Type=AND&Offset=0
in pink or hot pink (your preference)

2. when you get it, pull the top layers back and secure with clip (or black ball pony holder)

3. From the underside clip 4 same size pieces, then cut those in half (8)

4. Set 8 strands on wax paper and coat with fabric "stiffy" let dry.

5. secure 8 strands, 4 on each side of head, halfway back round the head trim them. These are like the crab legs on her head ^_^

Or I could do it for you for $50 (with overnight shipping) I'm placing a wig order tonight or tomorrow, but I'm not 100% sure it would get here in time. I would say most likey though... I love Tenchi Muyo. It's my favorite Series ever. I've cosplayed as all the main girls except washuu and Sasami. :D

p.s. are you going to Otakon by chance...

Spiffy
07-25-2003, 09:09 PM
Yeah, actually I am going to Otakon. ^__^

And thanks to both of you, very very much. You can't know how much I appreciate it! I have to ask my dad about some things (mainly concerning money and all that good stuff...it really stinks not being able to do anything without permission)

But...yeah. I'll update and stuff as soon as I get the chance. And again, thanks so much!

Allia
07-25-2003, 09:31 PM
Yay another Tenchi cosplayer. I will be going as Ryoko. There is a photo shoot at 11am on Friday. I won't be able to go but I hope you will. Can I take a pic with you? Good luck on your wig.

P.S. I just styled my first wig a few days ago. You can see it in my gallery. I did not have a foam head so I improvised.

Spiffy
07-25-2003, 09:42 PM
Okay, sure! Your wig looks great, by the way.

And...yeah. On Friday whenever I get there I'll be dressed normal and advertising free hugs (^__^;; ), but on Saturday and Sunday I'll be Washu-chan! WHOOGOME!

And for some reason my friend wants all to be aware that she's gonna be Ed from Cowboy Bebop. We'll also have Millie from Trigun with us. We're not exactally ones for doing stuff 'together'

Allia
07-25-2003, 09:50 PM
Thank you. Can't wait to see you there. Yeah on saturday I will be wearing my Merle costume in the morning but will change into Ryoko for the cosplay.com photo shoot. So maybe I can get a pic with you Sat. afternoon or Sun. morning?

Spiffy
07-25-2003, 10:33 PM
Okay, that works.