PDA

View Full Version : Giant Robo Panel & Cosplay Gathering

Tetsugyu
07-25-2003, 07:03 PM
I wanted to start a thread on the Giant Robo Panel and Cosplay Gathering that will be held at Ani-Magic on Saturday (tentative). My cosplay group will be hosting the event and there is a slight chance the Creator and AM Japanese GOH, Yasuhiro Imagawa, might be in attendance.

A time of day hasn't been set yet, Live Programing Director Rob Miles hasn't gotten back with me yet on a time that would be most opertune to let Imagawa attend, if he so chooses to attend.

So far, we have alot of cosplayers planing on making the gathering and I hope some of them and some new people make a post here about attending. So, how about it?

SohjiroX
07-26-2003, 04:35 PM
I would join in on this, but....for a few reasons I cant, one of them is, i dont know who to go as, and the other is a few drama reasons, which it would be best to find out, by asking first if its ok to do so. meaning only if I am asked, till than I want to but cant.

K_Valentine
07-26-2003, 10:15 PM
Kenji will be 85% ready for AM. If damend halloween stores open a bit early, it'll be 100% ready.

Tetsugyu
07-27-2003, 12:40 AM
Awesome. See you there Tom.

Um...you can attend Chad, just know that some people there aren't on speaking terms with you.

Michi
07-27-2003, 07:48 AM
I'll go to your panel. ^_^; And if things work out I would like to cosplay Ginrei still... Just depends on my other costumes/money.

SohjiroX
07-27-2003, 07:44 PM
thanks jarod, I would go then since you said its ok, I'll do Diesoku...sorry cant spell his name at all.

Tetsugyu
07-27-2003, 10:38 PM
Daisaku. We'd be happy to see another Daisaku. See you then.

SohjiroX
07-27-2003, 10:44 PM
Got it, thanks.....sir

LupinSansei
07-30-2003, 03:50 AM
Im thinking of attending, about 90% sure but my costume is a suprise. :D

Tetsugyu
07-30-2003, 07:51 PM
Wow! That's a great suprise Rupan! I bet it's my Taisou-aniki eh? Well the guys will be stoked to hear about this! See you there!

PS: Nice addon to your signature.

LupinSansei
07-30-2003, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by Tetsugyu
Wow! That's a great suprise Rupan! I bet it's my Taisou-aniki eh? Well the guys will be stoked to hear about this! See you there!

PS: Nice addon to your signature.

Thats Funny I was planning to be Taisou first, since he is my favorite character but since I have other costumes in the works Im doing a more simpilar one, but if you came as tetsugyu wed make a good photo. O well maybe next time.

Tetsugyu
07-30-2003, 08:11 PM
Hmm. Let me see. Shogeki no Albert? You know we should talk. Maybe we could colaberate on something. That and the suspense is killin' me. lol

PS: Have you seen my site? Yep! I am the same Tetsugyu. lol

mochihead
08-07-2003, 06:17 AM
Tetsugyu: Could you use a Youshi? I'm going to have a change in plans and will almost definitely be going to AM now.

AIM me when you get home and lets talk.

Tetsugyu
08-07-2003, 09:28 PM
OF COURSE WE DO! >< OHHHH HELL YEAH!

mochihead
08-08-2003, 06:48 AM
Taisou will also be making an appearance. ^_^

Tets: Er, do you have his clothes, though? He doesn't want to show up naked.

Taisou
08-08-2003, 07:07 AM
Unless you want me to showup naked the no problem j/k
I don't wanna scare anyone THAT BAD! ><

mochihead
08-08-2003, 07:09 AM
Taisou al' naturale....

Wifey here can go for a double order of that. :)

Taisou
08-08-2003, 07:10 AM
Yeowza! Double order eh?
woohoo i'm loved ^^ LOL

mochihead
08-08-2003, 07:14 AM
well, is that a surprise? You think your Wifey wouldn't love a double order of you?

You know Wifey is a WHOLE LOTTA BLUE WOMAN!

Taisou
08-08-2003, 07:19 AM
Ooo honey shh shh shh! we can't let anyone know about our plans at AM! shhh shhh
Young eyes love young eyes ^^

mochihead
08-08-2003, 07:22 AM
Oh, yeah. AM is the FAMILY con. Maybe we should go to YAOI Con instead?

*leans forward to kiss Taisou*

ARGH! But there's a double order of you? Which one do I kiss???

Taisou
08-08-2003, 07:25 AM
Uhhhh ^^;; how about not!
No offense to the yaoi lovers and all but... tha's not my style.

::leans forward and kisses his youshi::

ok I tink we've spammed Jarods thread enough ne? LOL
Nah!

mochihead
08-08-2003, 03:19 PM
*thought just popped into head*

Hey, wait a minute. Your clothes were over with Tets.

And you said Yaoi is not your style, but...

O_O

Is there something you'd like to tell your wifey?

Taisou
08-08-2003, 03:21 PM
::smirks::
Taisous yes.
Morpheus hasn't come in from order yet.
Nice try honey.
And don't you get started on that Yaoi thing that you got started with that photo in my gallery ><

Tetsugyu
08-08-2003, 03:50 PM
Nate has his costume... -_-;;

Catboi Blues
08-15-2003, 10:39 PM
I'm in for it. Jarod, you already know my plan. Let's keep this one a secret, it'll be more fun this way. ^_^

Tetsugyu
08-16-2003, 12:12 AM
Sure thing dude. Problem is Nathan (Taisou), Mochihead, and Jim already know. I sent them our IM Convo over it because it was funny. No one else will know though. :D

Catboi Blues
08-18-2003, 11:49 AM
That's cool. No problem there. Its going to be a blast and almost no one will see it coming. :)

mochihead
09-18-2003, 06:05 PM
A little over two weeks to AM. Does ANYONE know when the GR panel & gathering is?

Anyone? Anyone? Tets, oh GR-GOD? Knoweth thou anything?

Tetsugyu
09-18-2003, 11:44 PM
Thy Lord your GR God knoweth nothing-eth...

I don't know what the HELL is going on, because I've emailed them a load of times and they haven't told me anything. I don't know if there will even be one now...

BUT there will be a Cosplay Gathering. That's for damn sure. That will be Poolside on Saturday atleast...I don't know time yet until I know for sure the Panel has been cancled. I'm sorry everyone.

*hugs Yevtte*

AM Chair
09-19-2003, 12:28 PM
Thy Lord your GR God knoweth nothing-eth...

I don't know what the HELL is going on, because I've emailed them a load of times and they haven't told me anything. I don't know if there will even be one now...

Jarod,
I'm sure the Giant Robo Panel IS still on, and I'm sorry that Rob isn't getting with you as much as I hoped he would. He keeps a low profile that unnerves even us planning types. We did discuss it in this week's phone conversation, so I know it's on. Just keep bugging him via liveprogramming@ani-magic.org, he'll have to respond sooner or later
-Revell

Tetsugyu
09-20-2003, 03:26 AM
Thank you very much Revell, I appreciate it finally being brought up -_-;;;

I will try once again...but this is like the sixth time. I'm getting really put out. But I'm more at ease now that someone has told me something. lol

Speaking of that, The Award plaque has just been finished and I should finish the entire Golden Robo Award we want to give to Imagawa, soon. The Pipe and glasses have been purchased as well, and the certificate should be done by next week. In total that's about 100 dollars of funds that's been put into these two (or 3) projects.

My point, if Imagawa isn't able to make our Panel to recieve the award and Honoray Membership into the EOC, Will you give us official time at the end of one of his panels so that we can formaly give these gifts to him? Thank you.

PS: Is there a limit to autographs, or is that up to him?

LupinSansei
09-20-2003, 04:50 AM
Where do you go when you need some pepperoni??
SaMuRaI PiZzA CaTs!!!!!

Tetsugyu
09-20-2003, 04:52 AM
Stop Spamming or you'll end up getting banned.

LupinSansei
09-20-2003, 04:53 AM
hmm you seem not to like stuff like this....... okay................dont see the harm im doing to people...(looks both ways).. no, noone in the hospital yet.

Tetsugyu
09-20-2003, 05:02 AM
It's anoying. Don't post on a thread unless you plan to stay on topic, or semi-on topic. And Esp don't post on threads when you're bored. You've made your point.

LupinSansei
09-20-2003, 05:05 AM
Sensative subject Ic Well Ill stop being the random quote bandit......... for now..... but i will return (dramatic music) .. tets you should be like sum kinda Cosplay.com staff with all the policing. (no offence)

But B4 I take Leave Here Come the pizza cats and Lupin needs a chruch based on him and soda is good for the brain.

Tetsugyu
09-20-2003, 05:07 AM
LOL. I'm being athoritative eh? Hardly. You're just spaming on this thread for no reason, and in turn I'm wasting posts to get you to stop. So don't reply unless you have something to say about the Panel and the cosplay gathering, please.

LupinSansei
09-20-2003, 05:08 AM
Gothcha but to me spam is somthing you eat.

LupinSansei
09-20-2003, 05:12 AM
Yeah What tets said!! Is there a limit to the autographs!!

AM Chair
09-20-2003, 09:52 AM
Tets: First off, I see no problem with you presenting these awards and gifts to him after one of his two panels which will be set for Friday and Saturday. For maximum effect, it would seem the Saturday one would be the best. I think he might show for your homage to GR, but understand he's there to observe it, not take a place at the front table. But we'll see how he reacts to it.

As for the autograph line, there is a 2 item limit. If you wish to have another item signed, rejoin the line. If the line prooves exceptionally long, we will reduce the items to one, or leave it up to him. Mr. Imagawa reserves the right to refuse signing unlicensed merchandise, stop or extend his session at any time.

Tetsugyu
09-20-2003, 08:58 PM
Will you let me know as soon as you know? Because we would really like to present these items to him at the Panel. But if forced...will resort to doing so at the end of one of his Panels. But we want to exhaused our chances first. Thank you.

AM Chair
09-21-2003, 01:52 AM
Figure on doing it at his panel. That is the proper protocol we will insist on. Just pick which one you will attend, and at the end of the panel, we will give you time to present the awards.

Tetsugyu
09-21-2003, 01:55 AM
Lovely.

We'll present them at the Saturday Panel. What time will that be at?

AM Chair
09-21-2003, 04:20 AM
I'll have to wait to see what Rob comes up with

AM Chair
09-21-2003, 04:24 AM
Look folks, I need to stay off this this board with heavy con questions. It's taking up bandwith that could used for something else. If there are any programming questions, contact Rob Miles. If it's con life threatening or something, e-mail me at chairman@ani-magic.org