PDA

View Full Version : Maka's Scythe~

Janeru-Chan
02-09-2009, 10:12 AM
Anybody got any ideas of how to make Maka Albarn's Scythe from Soul Eater.

I was thinking of using PVC pipe and Pink Insulation foam but i was wondering if anyone had any better ideas...

Miyabi-
02-09-2009, 10:46 AM
That actually sounds like the best idea to me! It'll be nice and light!

Feint
02-09-2009, 10:47 AM
that is what I would sugguest, you could also choose to use wood if you want but foam is easier to work with lol

Meitachi
02-09-2009, 11:38 AM
I dunno if you've seen it yet, but there's actually a scythe tutorial on cosplay.com. Here's the link:

http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=113812

I actually don't know what particular scythe you're trying to make, but you should be able to get a general sense of what you're building through this tutorial.

Janeru-Chan
02-09-2009, 03:15 PM
Thanks Alot! This is gonna help more!~

DireKitty
02-09-2009, 09:36 PM
I used pink insulation foam for mine and it's shaping up nicely.

natcat18
01-09-2011, 08:17 PM
I made mine by painting one of those cheepo scythes you can get at iParty.

heaven_firings
01-09-2011, 10:12 PM
Here's another tutorial you could use: http://mystiklsushi.deviantart.com/art/Soul-Eater-Scythe-Tutorial-130869931

I've been using/modifying it to make Spirit in weapon form.

Kanomi
01-09-2011, 11:15 PM
I was thinking of using PVC pipe and Pink Insulation foam but i was wondering if anyone had any better ideas...

I used craft foam instead since I like my scythe looking thin~ (Unless Pink Insulation is thinner than I thought? O.o)

All I did was cut the shape of the scythe with a slit at end to slide it into the pipe and then Duct tape! Paint it or cover it with coloured construction paper xD

For the eye part, I used that cardboard tube from those paper towels then paint / Construction paper the design on it.

crimsonfire54
03-06-2012, 05:37 PM
my friend made hers from wood and pvc pipe, and i'm gonna either use wood or pink foam for the blade because she said that hers was somewhat heavy, and for the tube part at the top just either use a bigger size of pvc pipe or hollow out a piece of foam into a tube, or hollow out a chunk of wood. I think i'm gonna use the pvc pipe just cuz than i don't have to sand and carve out the piece of wood, just the blade.

kracken29
03-30-2012, 09:48 PM
I used foamboard for my blade, and the pole was a long cardboard tube. It was very lightweight and easy to carry around, except when I paper mache'd the blade part the tip of it dried a bit curved to the side.. Insulation foam is actually so that would work, just be careful cutting the shape out.

Wood, for a scythe, would be a bit too heavy to carry around a con all day.. If I ever cosplayed Maka again I'd remake her scythe using the insulation foam..