PDA

View Full Version : Calling all Final Fantasy Cosplayers!!!

Enzera87
02-09-2009, 03:11 PM
Ok, I've been waiting to see if anyone would post a Final Fantasy thread here. Since there is one on the AZ forums, now's the time to have one here!!!

lol! ^^

ALL FINAL FANTASY PHOTO SHOOT SATURDAY AT 2PM!!!

Tho, we haven't decided on where, yet.

I will be bringing my Cait Sith costume along with me this year for Saturday then when 5pm rolls around I'm changing into Zack Fair.

Regena
02-09-2009, 04:07 PM
I will be bringing my fran once again ^_^, this time i will have A traitor's bow....and i will NOT miss the shoot, so help me jesus!

Zand
02-10-2009, 12:18 AM
i may have my tonberry done by az not shure yet

Enzera87
02-10-2009, 06:14 PM
I will be bringing my fran once again ^_^, this time i will have A traitor's bow....and i will NOT miss the shoot, so help me jesus!

Yay!
Your Fran was awesome last year and I can't wait to see it this year too!
We still haven't decided on where it is going to be just, yet.
I kinda hope it will be in the lobby.

i may have my tonberry done by az not shure yet

That would be awesome to see!
I saw one at Neko last year and she was so nice! ^^

Rhi
02-12-2009, 04:40 PM
I am going to be Cloud from Crisis Core (in first class uniform) with First Class Zack Fair and anAerith. :3

ChickenDoughnut
02-17-2009, 10:51 AM
:D First Class Zack arriving Saturday! (With First class Cloud and Aerith ^^)
Oh and if finished in time Swimsuit Zack Friday morning for a little bit XD

Enzera87
02-17-2009, 06:42 PM
Yay for the Zacks!!!
lol don't worry we love you too Cloud, just don't tell Aerith.
Bwhahaha!!!

Regena
02-17-2009, 09:08 PM
Yay!
Your Fran was awesome last year and I can't wait to see it this year too!
We still haven't decided on where it is going to be just, yet.
I kinda hope it will be in the lobby.

well it
Will be for sat. I should also have a JOTE with me as well this year XD!

`Difficile
02-22-2009, 09:47 PM
Prepare to see a Vaan, my revamped Thief Rikku, and my White Mage Rikku.
Though White Mage = me melting outside.

Enzera87
02-23-2009, 10:07 AM
Wow, a Vaan? I really can't wait to see it. His character is rare to see cosplaying.

`Difficile
02-24-2009, 12:03 PM
I am VERY excited about being him. I've been planning it in my mind for a year now.
Of course, planning in the mind = / = actual progress, lol. BUT! 3 months practically, I think I can do this. n_n
I look forward to hopefully frolicking with Regena's Fran. XD

ChickenDoughnut
02-24-2009, 06:31 PM
Yay for the Zacks!!!
lol don't worry we love you too Cloud, just don't tell Aerith.
Bwhahaha!!!

: D!! Hooray for Zacks indeed! We must have a squatting contest against all Clouds to fight for Aerith :3

Oh I just went and bought fake apples to paint purple for lamely-fun props : ) Dumbapples woot~

Enzera87
02-24-2009, 07:11 PM
: D!! Hooray for Zacks indeed! We must have a squatting contest against all Clouds to fight for Aerith :3

Oh I just went and bought fake apples to paint purple for lamely-fun props : ) Dumbapples woot~

We all know in the end Zack always win!!

XDD

I thought I was the only one that bought a fake apple (from walmart) to paint light purple as well!!! lmao!

Bur Loire
02-24-2009, 10:13 PM
well it
Will be for sat. I should also have a JOTE with me as well this year XD!

HECK YES YOU'LL HAVE A JOTE! <3

Yup, I'm checking in for Jote AND Al-Cid as it seems my personal maid is gonna be there as well (Havenaims). Lol <3

FFXII SHENANIGANS!? Y/Y!?

ChickenDoughnut
02-27-2009, 09:29 AM
We all know in the end Zack always win!!
XDD
I thought I was the only one that bought a fake apple (from walmart) to paint light purple as well!!! lmao!

XD Zack will always win that's for sure! Let's just all forget the *SPOILER*Ending*SPOILER* And pretend it never happened. :3

Haha!WIN Heck yes for dumbapples! They had a giant fake apple about the size of a soccer ball for like $30.oo I want to make a giant dumbapple so bad XD

Grrr. We still need a Sephiroth & Genesis :/

Enzera87
02-28-2009, 11:27 AM
XD Zack will always win that's for sure! Let's just all forget the *SPOILER*Ending*SPOILER* And pretend it never happened. :3

Haha!WIN Heck yes for dumbapples! They had a giant fake apple about the size of a soccer ball for like $30.oo I want to make a giant dumbapple so bad XD

Grrr. We still need a Sephiroth & Genesis :/

Bahahaha! ftw Zacks! XDD

O.O A giant fake apple!!! I soo want one! It would be epic to see it!

I know that there is going to be a Sephiroth, not sure about a Genesis it would be awesome!

`Difficile
02-28-2009, 11:38 AM
Okay, lol, I was talking to my ex last night who is hopefully coming to AZ with me (we're good buds), and he said, "I'm so excited, but I don't know who to be!" And I told him if he couldn't figure it out, he could dress up in my Thief Rikku costume and told him EVERYONE WOULD LOVE YOU. And he...is considering it. XDD So maybe you'll see a crossplay of Thief Rikku at AZ. If he can fit into my skirt and shoes.
....That's gonna be a problem.

amour bouton
02-28-2009, 10:26 PM
;D
I'll be at AZ with my thief Rikku!

I miiight have another costume done by then, but i'm not sure which yet.
/ponder~

Rosettes_Clock
03-01-2009, 12:37 AM
Lightning, checking in! Will also have a Vanille running around with me, beads clinking and furry butt-cape swinging.

I'm looking forward to seeing all of your costumes, but the Vaan one is kind of the most intriguing here - I've never seen a cosplay of him in person. I'm not a huge fan of the character, but I am ALWAYS a fan of new costumes. Way to go, Difficile =)

amour bouton
03-01-2009, 11:12 AM
;O
Lightniiing and Vanilleee~
<excitement>

i will photograph the two of you relentlessly.

`Difficile
03-01-2009, 11:31 AM
/gasp!/ Hi amour! I look forward to seeing your thief Rikku! Gah, I envy your wig so much, x].
We will have to take some pics together!
And thank you, Rosettes Clock, Vaan's leg armor is almost done and it is looking pretty good so far. Lightning!! I can't wait to see.

amour bouton
03-01-2009, 11:39 AM
;O
why thankyou~
i feel honored lols
we willl!
pick me out of the sea of rikkus, dahling.

i'm pretty excited for vaan too.
if i were tan enough to even come remotely close to pulling it off,
i'd try to do fran.
fo' youu.
;3

`Difficile
03-01-2009, 11:45 AM
XD I'm so getting this fake tan lotion to start putting on once Spring Break rolls around, since Vaan is that desert-dweller. Y'know, when everyone is all OMG I MUST GET OUT IN SUN, I have a magical Johsnon&Johnson lotion that makes me GLOWWWW *_*
And y'know, you could always just wear darker pantyhose/makeup/PAINT LOL and be Fran. Jaina Solo (aka AMAZING FRAN) did, and she's really pale. XD That is, if you ever consider doing Franny-pants.
Okay, I'll find you! I'll be the Rikku with the muffin-top wig. XD

amour bouton
03-01-2009, 01:18 PM
rofls xD
you are so wiiise
tan complexion without cancer~

that's truue.
;O
i can still put her on my lissst!

lessee, lesseee. distinguishing factors...
drawing blanks.

i'll have innacurate boots, that's forsure.
>;o
stupid things.

Haru_no_Yuki
03-01-2009, 01:30 PM
aaaaaaaa.... >.<
You guys will be having so much fun >.<
I wanna go as Sephiroth because my hair are silver white now XD
but currently...I'm in Japan...

`Difficile
03-01-2009, 01:34 PM
Next year I'm planning on being Mjrn (lol, I only go to one con a year T__T), so you should do a Fraaaaanny pantsu!

D'aw, I like my boots. I think that's the only thing I really like. Besides my craft foam fake thong LOL XD
For the boots, I just cut some up n painted em. :D No prob, you can do it.
and @Haru - Dude, Japan cons = most likely better than AZ.

amour bouton
03-01-2009, 01:44 PM
;O
we shouuuld
they're so cute
double viera~

if only. mine are white-suede kinda? idk how paint will do on them, about to tryy

@haru; agreed. D: i'm sure you're having 1000x more fun in japan than we will at usa AZ.

Haru_no_Yuki
03-01-2009, 01:45 PM
well, yeah they're much better actually...but not all tho even for me,
a half-cut Japanese n_n
I wanna go to every single cons in the world >.<
Now I'm waiting for the big con in harajuku
currently making my costume for it XD
I was dead bored when staying in Malaysia last year..they dont have any cons...

`Difficile
03-01-2009, 01:57 PM
Wow Haru, that is a big goal to go to all the cons. XD It sounds like a lot of fun, actually (and a lot of $$$ O_O).

And amour, maybe you could try going to Wally-world or the nearby thrift store to find something more paintable. With blue, black and white acrylic paint, I did my Rikku boots from some I got at Walmart. You're bound to find something cheap and paintable there!
Or just kill some other boots you have XD

amour bouton
03-01-2009, 02:06 PM
;O
a diff cosplay for each con would be.. amazing.

perhaps!
i'll tryyy to do this with like... a watered down acrylic blue type solution?
and if that fails...
wallyworld or thrift tiiime
D:

Haru_no_Yuki
03-01-2009, 02:08 PM
oh, Amour,
mebbe u shud try to find a cheap shoe shop some where..
for me each kinda easy here coz' we have fake leather shop nearby XD
cosplayers heaven hm? n_n
And 'Difficile, it's really fun and nice XD
and really expensive...wished my dad are Paris Hilton's dad...
Kadaj or Sephiroth...hmm...
I can't decide...Yazoo too..pity coz' he's under-rated..

`Difficile
03-01-2009, 02:11 PM
What color are your boots?///Whoops, edit, they're white-ish XD
Mine were these awful knock-off Ugg-style boots, y'know? They were light brown. I didn't water the color down, but maybe because of the material of your boots, you may have to.
I'd mosey over to one of the Cosplay help forums and make a thread. People are really helpful! (more than I am XD)

`Difficile
03-01-2009, 02:12 PM
Lol Haru, if only EVERYONE'S dad was Paris Hilton's dad. XD Then we could all cosplay and go around the world, haha.

Haru_no_Yuki
03-01-2009, 02:16 PM
maaaaahahahahaha XD
Difficile, dat will be veeeery interesting XD
ppl of the world might even begin to think dat copslayers are taking over the world! XD
maaaaahahahahaha..
ehem...it's 4.17am now here...
mebbe dats y i'm a bit hyper..too many coffee...

`Difficile
03-01-2009, 02:19 PM
Duuuuude, go to sleep. XD
No more coffee.

Rhi
03-01-2009, 05:06 PM
Lightning, checking in! Will also have a Vanille running around with me, beads clinking and furry butt-cape swinging.

I'm looking forward to seeing all of your costumes, but the Vaan one is kind of the most intriguing here - I've never seen a cosplay of him in person. I'm not a huge fan of the character, but I am ALWAYS a fan of new costumes. Way to go, Difficile =)

OMG *foams at the mouth* be prepared to get glomped by a Cloud, both of you! Well, alright... maybe just a hug. I'm not one of those crazy psycho fangirls, I promise. But I might squee a little bit...

Zack (ChickenDoughnut)- I R Be starting on my potion belt tonite! 8D I've got soo many glass bottles collected to hand out to people it's gonna be amazing~~

`Difficile
03-01-2009, 05:25 PM
Haha, you're gonna hand out mock potions?
._. i hope you don't get in trouble.

Regena
03-01-2009, 05:36 PM
HECK YES YOU'LL HAVE A JOTE! <3

Yup, I'm checking in for Jote AND Al-Cid as it seems my personal maid is gonna be there as well (Havenaims). Lol <3

FFXII SHENANIGANS!? Y/Y!?

*tackles*

i will say it again we viera are FIERCE creatures. Yeah how it was at Katsu for the two of us, yeah.....it was like that at AZ last year for me. So be prepared to stand somewhere like statues XD....or well maybe it wont be like that so much cus where in a bigger place....who knows *shrugs shoulders*.

Difficile- i have faith that you can get, you vaan done in 3 months, and it will be awesome. and we can folick together like you said.......if i dont break a nail or a claw, lol.

`Difficile
03-01-2009, 06:01 PM
M-mannnnn I wanna do a XII skit. xD

Bur Loire
03-02-2009, 06:26 PM
Next year I'm planning on being Mjrn (lol, I only go to one con a year T__T), so you should do a Fraaaaanny pantsu!

D'aw, I like my boots. I think that's the only thing I really like. Besides my craft foam fake thong LOL XD
For the boots, I just cut some up n painted em. :D No prob, you can do it.
and @Haru - Dude, Japan cons = most likely better than AZ.

OH MY FREAKING GOD.
WHEN YOU DO MJRN LET ME KNOW. I must have sister pictures with youuuu *o*

Regena
03-02-2009, 06:31 PM
OH MY FREAKING GOD.
WHEN YOU DO MJRN LET ME KNOW. I must have sister pictures with youuuu *o*

lol,*chant*....ONE OF US, ONE OF US!!JOIN US, Do it and do it now, lol

Spookloops
03-02-2009, 06:40 PM
If I can figure out a safe way to transport the robe, I might bring my Final Fantasy Tactics Oracle I just finished <3

`Difficile
03-02-2009, 07:26 PM
Lolll Bur and Regena, I shall become one of youuuu~
And yes Bur, a whiiiile from nao we should have a viera trek through the woods and take pics. Hurrhurrr.

Regena
03-02-2009, 07:35 PM
Lolll Bur and Regena, I shall become one of youuuu~
And yes Bur, a whiiiile from nao we should have a viera trek through the woods and take pics. Hurrhurrr.

YUS!!!

blueskysunday
03-14-2009, 01:00 AM
Will also have a Vanille running around with me, beads clinking and furry butt-cape swinging.

That would be me! :D

;O
<excitement>

Yay! I'm glad someone's excited!

OMG *foams at the mouth* be prepared to get glomped by a Cloud, both of you! Well, alright... maybe just a hug. I'm not one of those crazy psycho fangirls, I promise. But I might squee a little bit...

Haha, just as long as you're careful not to damage anything. : ) So much money is going into this damn costume.

Rosettes_Clock
03-14-2009, 01:06 AM
;O
<excitement>

Totally up for this =) This is the way I feel every time I think about the costume - a good thing, I suppose, because it's going to take a very, very long time to finish.

Lightning!! I can't wait to see.

Me neither. XD It's coming along, though! It's awesome to know that people are excited about it. Good to hear that Vaan is coming along well! Will be super sweet to see it.

As my costume is going to be made out of leather, zippers, buckles, and upholstery thread, I am TOTALLY cool with hugs - no danger of damage done, I don't suppose =) Which version of Cloud are you going to be bringing?

double00beaver
03-14-2009, 11:00 AM
I'm debating on a costume but I thought I'd get an opinion since a few years back these were more common than Naruto cosplayers and probably just as disliked. x__x

X-2 Thief Rikku. Think it's safe to bring this one out without being swamped with over twenty look a likes? xD

Rhi
03-14-2009, 12:07 PM
@ Rosettes_Clock: I'm gonna be Cloud from Crisis Core but from the 2nd half of the game; where he's wearing a 1st Class uniform. ^^;

Omg dudes its halfway through March... Animazement is drawing nearer...

*Marzipan*
03-15-2009, 10:12 AM
I'm debating on a costume but I thought I'd get an opinion since a few years back these were more common than Naruto cosplayers and probably just as disliked. x__x

X-2 Thief Rikku. Think it's safe to bring this one out without being swamped with over twenty look a likes? xD

There seems to be a large handful checking in this year. Not quite on the 20 scale but I'd say close to 7 or 8. And that's just on the forums.

`Difficile
03-15-2009, 11:13 AM
really? I've only seen 3 others on the forums. o_o

Aqua's Rhapsody
03-17-2009, 09:23 AM
Man, I might have Yuna done, but I certainly won't be there by 2 on Saturday :[

ChickenDoughnut
03-17-2009, 09:48 AM
Rhi~ Well heck yes! Still gonna fill some of them with glowstick liquid? XD

Aww so as awesome XII cosplayers are, Any more FFX!? Hopefully a Tidus or Lulu coming this year!

`Difficile
03-17-2009, 11:39 AM
Man, I might have Yuna done, but I certainly won't be there by 2 on Saturday :[

BOOOOO why not...?

Aqua's Rhapsody
03-18-2009, 12:37 AM
BOOOOO why not...?

My friend isn't able to get time off of work at her bank, so we won't be there until like 4 Saturday. Not to mention I'm gonna have to take the time to do my make-up and all that good stuff, so yeah :(

`Difficile
03-18-2009, 12:39 AM
x[ Well, I'll keep an eye out for ya afterwards, then.

Rosettes_Clock
03-18-2009, 02:12 AM
Sad news, guys =( I might not be able to make it to the photoshoot as Lightning. If cosplay chess is going on at the same time that it did last year (noon-ish on Saturday, I think?) and if I get into it, I'll be wearing an entirely different, make-up intensive costume on Saturday morning, and I won't have time to change out of Needlewoman, shower up, and make myself up for Lightning by 2pm ><

@ Rhi: Awww, awesome! I confess, Crisis Core Cloud is the only incarnation of his character that I really actually liked. (Though AC Cloud is close to having a personality again...) This is exciting :D

`Difficile
03-18-2009, 05:40 PM
X_X Another disappointment! URGH. Ah well. You're still going as Lightning, right? I'll definitely look for you, too. Drat, I wish you could make it, but that's understandable.

*Marzipan*
03-18-2009, 08:17 PM
really? I've only seen 3 others on the forums. o_o

On this forum or both? AZ forums have had a lot checking in that I've seen.

Rosettes_Clock
03-18-2009, 11:03 PM
X_X Another disappointment! URGH. Ah well. You're still going as Lightning, right? I'll definitely look for you, too. Drat, I wish you could make it, but that's understandable.

Oh yeah, definitely still going as Lightning =) Just might not be at the official photoshoot, is all... but I'll catch up with all of you to take pictures of your FF cosplays, either before or after the shoot. There's just no way I'll be able to get all of the makeup off of my body and get my hair dried and done for Lightning between the end of cosplay chess and the beginning of the FF photoshoot.

This is, of course, all dependent upon assumptions. That being that a) cosplay chess is at the same time as last year and b) that I get accepted into it. So we'll see =)

Seyyed
03-22-2009, 11:03 PM
I'm going in a group this year :

I'll be going as Summoner Yuna
I've got a friend going as Lulu, another who might be Wakka, and then a third who is going as Thief Rikku, and a fourth will be a Moogle :)

nicomi
03-23-2009, 12:37 AM
Rhi~ Well heck yes! Still gonna fill some of them with glowstick liquid? XD

Aww so as awesome XII cosplayers are, Any more FFX!? Hopefully a Tidus or Lulu coming this year!

I'm coming as Lulu!!

godmi
03-23-2009, 10:13 PM
Difficile: I know you from dA! I'm your fangirl, madhatterzwei. xD I would say admirer, but fangirl makes me sound a little more creeper-in-your-window, and I totally like that vibe.

Aaaand I'm coming as Penelo from FFTA2. With badass staff. :]

`Difficile
04-04-2009, 07:46 AM
OH MY GOD MADHATTER AKLSDJASIFJSKLCALKDJSALKDUK!
.....:D :D :D :D :D :D

You're being PENELO OMG. Even though it's from Tactics, omg, we must photoshoot with Penelo Vaany-ness. ....AHHHHH /MANLY SQUEAL/

Rhi
04-04-2009, 05:25 PM
oh yeah~ I'm gonna be Vaan from Xii as well.. if all goes well in making it... XD

Sekana Katayama
04-06-2009, 12:54 PM
Allrighty, I've been persuaded to bring mah Kadaj. ^_^ So I will be there for the shoot!

Rhi
04-06-2009, 01:20 PM
*glomps Sekana*

*___* AWESUM

Nightflame
04-09-2009, 02:11 PM
I am going to be cosplaying as Vincent.

`Difficile
04-15-2009, 09:11 PM
Bumping Thread
Lol

Bur Loire
04-16-2009, 09:31 AM
LOL so as of right now....I've kinda....reallly taken apart Jote. Because I just now realized my costume sucks asss XD

So I think I'll just be bringing Al-Cid from FFXII, plus I'll be wearing Jote at probably Otakon and definately AWA.

BUT STILLL YAY EPIC FFXII GROUPS~!

Bella Luna
04-16-2009, 10:10 AM
Meee! *raises hand*

I'm going as Yuna and my friend is going as Yuffie on Saturday.

`Difficile
04-16-2009, 01:47 PM
Dude Bur, when are you wearing Al-Cid? I call playing with him when I'm Vaan, lol.

Bur Loire
04-16-2009, 01:54 PM
I'm planning on wearing Him eitehr Friday or Saturday morning. I need to check with my group and see when/if they are wearing theirs. I know our Reks wants to wear him in the craftsmanship contest Sunday (which is incredibly dumb that they have it on Sunday). But I totally want Vaan + Reks photos omggggg

and LOL to playing with Al-Cid tiem XD

`Difficile
04-16-2009, 01:59 PM
D'aw! I dont fly into NC until like frickin 3PM on friday WTF, DAMN SCHOOL. DAMN LATE PLANES.
;A; I do want to frollick with Al-Cid, Reks, and definitely Vossler. But I only plan on wearing Vaan Saturday. Mahhhh.

Bur Loire
04-17-2009, 07:41 AM
I'm probably gonna do FFXII on Saturday anyway, so that works~ :D

`Difficile
04-17-2009, 08:44 AM
Gooood.
;D
I def wanna wear Vaan for the craftsmanship contest, but I dunno if muh lady lumps could take an extra day of binding.

A19Riku
04-17-2009, 02:04 PM
Ah ah I'll be the Reks Bur mentioned :) idk if I am bringing any other FF yet I really need to sort out my schedual. but yaaaa I am probably gonna do reks on sun for the contest but I will prob wear him on sat too

`Difficile
04-17-2009, 03:54 PM
DOOD You're doing Reks? AHHHH that's gonna be amazing. I have so many people to take pics with omg *0* lol.

A19Riku
04-17-2009, 11:00 PM
LOL ya I wanted to do him last year but sadly didn't have the time so now im sooo determined to have him by AZ its redic XD ahhh man its gonna be so awsome though with all the XII cosplayers and any FF cosplayers in general LOL you an never have too many

Rhi
04-18-2009, 12:47 PM
Oh yeah I forgot to mention... ^-^ I've got a Reks and Basch coming w/ me. ^_^

Foxberry
04-19-2009, 07:10 AM
Ah, I'm cosplaying Reno from CrisisCore/BeforeCrisis, my sister's probably going to play either Elena or Cissnei. And I'm hopping to drag another friend along if she can make it (going to try to talk her into it and play a turk for that matter lol )

Bur Loire
04-19-2009, 10:51 AM
Oh yeah I forgot to mention... ^-^ I've got a Reks and Basch coming w/ me. ^_^

OMFG SRSLY!?

I think we just need an FFXII gathering alone XDDD <33333

A19Riku
04-19-2009, 11:04 AM
OMFG SRSLY!?

I think we just need an FFXII gathering alone XDDD <33333

SRSLY I am sooo seconding this motion

Rhi
04-19-2009, 11:25 AM
^_^ I third it.

`Difficile
04-19-2009, 01:44 PM
I think we should have an epic skit.
<_>

Rhi
04-20-2009, 02:38 AM
LOL. I love that 'eyeball splitting' smiley. XD

djkidna
04-20-2009, 08:47 AM
My girlfriend and I are doing a custom Black Mage and White Mage. If she can get the costumes done in time, and I can get the weapons done in time. And it also depends on whether the Black Mage outfit she makes fits me, since she's in Virginia and I'm here in Raleigh.

Lord Bison
04-20-2009, 11:38 PM
This is totally not related to cosplay what so ever, but I just finished playing the FF13 demo and... I'm SOLD!!! Overall it's a nice package but the character design is a bit off; besides Lightning the rest of the announced cast so far is on the wack side as far as design goes. Square Enix really needs to get rid of Tetsuya Nomura, that J-Pop trendy look really gotta go, for the sake of FF get somebody else. I'm sure everyone is gonna jump on it when it's release, anyway it's gonna fun to to see all of you at AZ in a brand new and massive venue, good night.

Zand
04-21-2009, 12:07 PM
Hi every one just an update.
I will be there as a tonberry so all of you will have some one to fight.

Rosettes_Clock
04-21-2009, 12:28 PM
This is totally not related to cosplay what so ever, but I just finished playing the FF13 demo and... I'm SOLD!!! Overall it's a nice package but the character design is a bit off; besides Lightning the rest of the announced cast so far is on the wack side as far as design goes. Square Enix really needs to get rid of Tetsuya Nomura, that J-Pop trendy look really gotta go, for the sake of FF get somebody else. I'm sure everyone is gonna jump on it when it's release, anyway it's gonna fun to to see all of you at AZ in a brand new and massive venue, good night.

Your logic is a little off here. Lightning is the only design you like, everyone else looks whack, but you say they should get rid of Nomura...? To this point, Lightning is the only one we KNOW that he designed. Snow and Team Nora were designed by somebody else. So um....

Anyway, OT. Making some progress on my Lightning costume, though it's slow progress. I've decided to finish up my other costume (which is closer to completion, but not Final Fantasy related) before doing too much more on Lightning. Not sure if I'll finish her in time, but by gods, I'm trying.

Lord Bison
04-21-2009, 05:28 PM
Lightning has the "tough-cool" factor to it yet remains FF-ish compare to the rest of the cast (... or so far). Nomura is cool, he did a good job with chara design of FFVII, which also one of the best games ever made and the franchise continues to date. However I come from the older-gen of FF franchise where chara designed by Yoshitaka Amano (god forbid if he's not doing anymore future FFs), coming from that... to me the series has gone more "pop" than "fantasy" in general. I'm just sharing my opinion that's all, no intention of any debate. Besides that, hope everything goes well with your costume and have tons of fun at AZ.

`Difficile
04-21-2009, 08:10 PM
This reminds me of the convo around Basch....

When Yoshitaka Amano wants to add detail--
he layers watercolours to create an infinite amount of texture and vibrancy.
When Akihiko Yoshida wants to add detail--
he uses geometric and organic designs embedded in subtle colour shifts that are both elegance and depth.

When Tetsuya Nomura wants to add detail--
HE DRINKS PAINT AND DECIDES TO GIVE THEM MORE BELTS.

LOLLLLLL

Bur Loire
04-26-2009, 06:57 PM
LOL that's hilarous XD

Yeah I spent a good bit of today touching up Al-Cid.
I am so excited about wearing him again. And doing the makeup work for my "hairy manly chest" XD

`Difficile
04-26-2009, 09:05 PM
I need a means of contacting you somehow during con tiem so we can frollick and take pics.

Rhi
04-26-2009, 10:37 PM
ditto ^__^

Bur Loire
04-27-2009, 07:45 PM
I need a means of contacting you somehow during con tiem so we can frollick and take pics.

LOL!

My biggest problem while being in Al-Cid is.....hand movement @_@
So I usually don't carry my phone with me in FFXII costumes. Its like impossible hahahhaha!

We can plan a meet up place, and of course on Saturday I'm postive we'll find each other since we'll have big shiny everything XD

Do you know about what time you are gonna get to the con in Vaan on Saturday?

`Difficile
04-27-2009, 07:56 PM
LOL!

My biggest problem while being in Al-Cid is.....hand movement @_@
So I usually don't carry my phone with me in FFXII costumes. Its like impossible hahahhaha!

We can plan a meet up place, and of course on Saturday I'm postive we'll find each other since we'll have big shiny everything XD

Do you know about what time you are gonna get to the con in Vaan on Saturday?

O that's rite, you have retarded elbows in Al-Cid xDD
Mahh I don't know the con center well but we could like...meet out front...somewhere. Depends on how long you're wearing Al-Cid. I think I'm going to wear Vaan around 11am or noon, and hopefully survive until evening. But I can put him on earlier if I must n_n

Quesiton, lol - do you usually have a camera lackey following you around? if not, I bet I can drag one of my two manslaves with me and say TAKE PICS NAO

they do like it when i bring out the whip and tell them what to do.
though the effect might be different seeing as my boobs will be taped down xDDDD

A19Riku
04-27-2009, 11:09 PM
doing the makeup work for my "hairy manly chest" XD

XDDDDD just remember tree chan they are all straight with the one random curly one XDDDDDDDDD *dies*

but yaa I vote for FFXII meet up like after noonish bc yaaaaaa that gives everyone time to wear other stuffs in the morning before we kill ourselves in 12 costumes XD

PS : treechan we are doing angel sanctuary sat. morning right ?

A19Riku
04-27-2009, 11:17 PM
ahhh woops sry bout that

`Difficile
04-28-2009, 07:34 AM
oh yeah, and I want to take pics with you too!! 'Cause you'll be in Reks, right? We must take brotherly picturrrrrres!

ChickenDoughnut
04-28-2009, 07:59 AM
I'm going in a group this year :

I'll be going as Summoner Yuna
I've got a friend going as Lulu, another who might be Wakka, and then a third who is going as Thief Rikku, and a fourth will be a Moogle :)
I'm coming as Lulu!!

*____* I hope to see you guys at the shoot! (Is a big FFX tard :P) Nicomi you going to have a moogle with you?!

Hi every one just an update.
I will be there as a tonberry so all of you will have some one to fight.

*Massive Cry* You pained me thousands of time fighting Tonberrys you know that right? XD *Mumbles* Stupid..Karma..Lame..Attacks. Annn~yway, I'm actually really excited to see how you make it tho. ^^

Geez this photoshoot is turning out to be bloody huge! O.O

`Difficile
04-28-2009, 11:46 AM
IT'S SO EXCITING BUT
BUT
BUT
where is it LOL

Rhi
04-28-2009, 05:01 PM
Lol isnt there going to be a spot at the con for ppls w/ shoots to meet up and then figure out a place to do the shoot? (if that makes any sense at all)

ARRRRGH I dunno who to be for the shoot! Cloud or Vaan??? D:

A19Riku
04-28-2009, 08:52 PM
`Difficile : ahaha Yes I will be Reks brothers pics FTW :D

Rhi : come to the 12 side comeeeee we have ........... manly Al-Cid chest hairs XDDDDDDDDDDD but yaaaa be Vaan XD im sure there are going to be like a billion clouds and ahahahaha I need more little brothers XDDDDDD

oh bur your little brother obsession has rubbed off on me XD

negativedreamer
04-30-2009, 01:57 PM
hey all!

I got some good news and some bad news... I guess the bad first.

There is zero chance of my FFIX Steiner costume going to AZ. I recently drove across the state with it again with other people in the car and i could barely do it. The helmet, elbow pads, and sword just take up way too much space. It does not fit into any bag I own and if i bought one that it could work with the airline would be charging me an arm and a leg. Bur Loire please forgive me!!! :(

The Good news is my FF X Auron is coming along REALLY well and it will travel MUCH better than Steiner despite having a 6 foot sword. I would love to get some shots with any FFX cosplayers willing to.

`Difficile
05-01-2009, 01:56 PM
NOOOO no Steiner??? But you're so amazing! Wow, I didn't know you were coming omg o_o I can't wait to see your Auron though. Your cosplays are so incredible!

negativedreamer
05-01-2009, 02:42 PM
NOOOO no Steiner??? But you're so amazing! Wow, I didn't know you were coming omg o_o I can't wait to see your Auron though. Your cosplays are so incredible!

thank you! i am not THAT amazing, just someone who puts the time in.

and trust me, its KILLING me that I can not bring it. part of the reason i wanted to go to animazement was for the epic FFIX cosplayers up there. I am 90% likely on going to AWA, and I am driving there so i will take it there for those who are going.

Bur Loire
05-01-2009, 09:12 PM
hey all!

I got some good news and some bad news... I guess the bad first.

There is zero chance of my FFIX Steiner costume going to AZ. I recently drove across the state with it again with other people in the car and i could barely do it. The helmet, elbow pads, and sword just take up way too much space. It does not fit into any bag I own and if i bought one that it could work with the airline would be charging me an arm and a leg. Bur Loire please forgive me!!! :(

The Good news is my FF X Auron is coming along REALLY well and it will travel MUCH better than Steiner despite having a 6 foot sword. I would love to get some shots with any FFX cosplayers willing to.

LOL I LUV YOU ANYWAY!!!! <333

I actually can't bring Kuja right now either. He's in a terible state of HAS-BEEN-MOLESTED-BY-FANBOYS and needs some MAJOR repairs.

And I don't have the time to fix him atm, so next chance we get FFIX TIEM! *O*

and I really wish I had Seymour for AZ CAUSE I DOES WANT PICS WITH YOUR AURON. *O*

to Vaan>>>I have no idea about the con center either, especially because it is rather new and beyond my knowlodge of downtown Raleigh. I'm sure there is a good lobby type place we can just generally meet up at though LOL

To A19Riku>>>I have no idea when I'm wearing anything LOL. I know Lulu is gonna be a BITCH to get into though. @_@ And hot. In more than one way LOL.

AND WE LOVE LITTTTTLE BROTHERS HOHOHOOHOHOHOOHOHHO >D

negativedreamer
05-01-2009, 09:18 PM
LOL I LUV YOU ANYWAY!!!! <333

I actually can't bring Kuja right now either. He's in a terible state of HAS-BEEN-MOLESTED-BY-FANBOYS and needs some MAJOR repairs.

And I don't have the time to fix him atm, so next chance we get FFIX TIEM! *O*

and I really wish I had Seymour for AZ CAUSE I DOES WANT PICS WITH YOUR AURON. *O*

to Vaan>>>I have no idea about the con center either, especially because it is rather new and beyond my knowlodge of downtown Raleigh. I'm sure there is a good lobby type place we can just generally meet up at though LOL

To A19Riku>>>I have no idea when I'm wearing anything LOL. I know Lulu is gonna be a BITCH to get into though. @_@ And hot. In more than one way LOL.

AND WE LOVE LITTTTTLE BROTHERS HOHOHOOHOHOHOOHOHHO >D

you got molested by fanboys and i couldnt take part?!!? not fair ;)

we will rawk the con anyways. see ya then!!!

A19Riku
05-01-2009, 10:12 PM
Bur : ohh ok ya idk then all I know is that once reks goes on he isn't commin off XDDD im not looking forward to taking that tape binding off.

negativedreamer : Ah dude your Auron going to be so awsome i can't wait to see it. sad that stiner can't make it to AZ but im basically have the same deal as bur in that parts of zidane got trashed when I last wore him lolol though its my fault bc I raped my costume hard core trying to climb a tree XDDDD oh well. but man we should all have an epic IX shoot at AWA bc by then everyone can do repairs and stuff and we have a beatrix that would be going to AWA too.

negativedreamer
05-02-2009, 07:27 AM
negativedreamer : Ah dude your Auron going to be so awsome i can't wait to see it. sad that stiner can't make it to AZ but im basically have the same deal as bur in that parts of zidane got trashed when I last wore him lolol though its my fault bc I raped my costume hard core trying to climb a tree XDDDD oh well. but man we should all have an epic IX shoot at AWA bc by then everyone can do repairs and stuff and we have a beatrix that would be going to AWA too.

Ok cool, AWA it is then!!!

gothicadam
05-05-2009, 01:01 PM
Im going to be Rude Fom Final Fantasy 7

nicomi
05-05-2009, 02:50 PM
@ ChickenDoughnut:I'm in Seyyeds group and sadly our Moogle won't be coming TT__TT, but I am working on one to carry around I know its not the same but thats the price you pay when you have friends still in high school whose parents won't let them skip for a Con...

djkidna
05-05-2009, 04:45 PM
My Black Mage staff is done. Now to work on White Mage hammer.

Syrenrei
05-05-2009, 05:41 PM
I am working on a Celes; we'll see if I actually get her done. It's not completely faithful to Amano or the rendering they did for the PS release of the game (it's cream instead of gold fabric and the boots are all white and a little frilly instead of with gold patches). Still, I hope to be there =)

Foxberry
05-06-2009, 12:39 AM
Im going to be Rude Fom Final Fantasy 7

Oh~! I'll have to keep a lookout for you then. ^^ I'm going as BeforeCrisis/CrisisCore version of Reno.

blueskysunday
05-06-2009, 12:53 AM
Oh man. AZ is so soon. It's crunch time. Time for beading, hemming, and dying! Just trying not to start panicking...

Has there been a location set for the photoshoot yet?

Xltima
05-06-2009, 09:53 AM
Oh man. AZ is so soon. It's crunch time. Time for beading, hemming, and dying! Just trying not to start panicking...

Has there been a location set for the photoshoot yet?Meeting at the front entrance of RCC or by the big bronze statue right out front at 2pm, then playin' it by ear from durr~ as recently announced on AZ forum.

`Difficile
05-06-2009, 11:10 AM
agh finally i know where it is! thanks xltima!

misatokibason
05-06-2009, 08:11 PM
got a question for you all. the KH Rinoa costume is that from Kingdom Hearts or Final Fantasy. Because a few of my friends are agruing about that....:waaaah:

Xltima
05-07-2009, 11:40 AM
got a question for you all. the KH Rinoa costume is that from Kingdom Hearts or Final Fantasy. Because a few of my friends are agruing about that....:waaaah:Rinoa was not in kingdom hearts at all. there are some fanarts supposely called "kingdom hearts" version though.. maybe it's wishful thinking that she'll appear in KH3 or something

misatokibason
05-07-2009, 04:05 PM
i know it was a contest idea from squaresoft 6 years ago and well i am just wondering

djkidna
05-07-2009, 09:02 PM
Woo, White Mage hammer almost complete! Just gotta paint a ball red and glue it on, and glue on some red sequins, and I am done!

`Difficile
05-14-2009, 09:23 AM
Oh my gosh, just one more week left.
....I need to finish those itty details on Vaan.

Syrenrei
05-14-2009, 10:56 AM
I feel you. I am pulling together Celes by the skin of my teeth >.< I am going on a cruise the week before Animazement- I leave tomorrow- so it's REALLY crunch time. I am doing all the machine sewing tonight and tomorrow before I leave that is left to do and taking the rest in my bags to do (beading and hand-sewing).

I'll be there though, gosh darn it!

gothicadam
05-14-2009, 01:45 PM
Did you figure out a time yet for the final fantasy photoshoot?

djkidna
05-14-2009, 04:13 PM
Did you figure out a time yet for the final fantasy photoshoot?

There's been a time. For a long time. There's a photoshoot thread that's stickied that lists all the times.

Spookloops
05-15-2009, 02:13 PM
Whoooooo, crunchy time! I'm trying to wrap up my other AZ costume, but if I can get Tactics Oracle on a plane without smashing the paint, I'm bringing it! I promise, you can't miss the GIANT fur hat and psychadelic colours :-D

gothicadam
05-16-2009, 09:29 AM
I wanna see a final fantasy Tactics Ramza

Eiriol
05-16-2009, 09:39 AM
Gonna have a Sick tonberry outfit for the cosplay this year, cant wait to slowly creep up and stab all of you >:D

gothicadam
05-16-2009, 09:50 AM
*runs away* AHHHHHH:XD

djkidna
05-17-2009, 06:06 PM
Gonna have a Sick tonberry outfit for the cosplay this year, cant wait to slowly creep up and stab all of you >:D

Ahhh! Firaga! Shit! Thundaga! Shit! Blizzara! Shit! Uh, uh, uh, HADOKEN!
SHIT! x_x

Eiriol
05-17-2009, 07:47 PM
*moves forward a bit* hahahaha only 2 turns till i get there hahahaha *sharpens knife*

amour bouton
05-17-2009, 08:12 PM
ack.
my rikku's basically done.
but i'm considering not even being her anymore.
;n;
because... because there's going to be so manyyy.
and because my wig is such a jeerrk to get on.

imagine pulling a cap over your head that only covered your dome. and then pushing darrrk brown hair up into the wig, bobby pinning blindly, and then tying a blue headband around to the back to cover up the dark brown in the back.

angsssttt.

i also reaaally wanted to go as her friday so that i could just arrive as her. and put the stupid wig on here. 'cause our hotel room is crowded and i don't wanna struggle with it.

;_;
but i want pictures wif you guysss.

Eiriol
05-17-2009, 08:16 PM
You think there's a lot of rikku's? count the narutos xD
I will take a picture wif you, Ima be a tonberry :D

amour bouton
05-17-2009, 08:41 PM
;o <3!
would you still be a tonberry friday?!

Eiriol
05-17-2009, 08:49 PM
Sadly, I can't get to the con till saturday, but i hang with ya then as long as ya want ^-^

amour bouton
05-17-2009, 09:38 PM
awwh.
depressiionn.
i musst fight you and cuddle you in pictures with rikkkuuu.
the other two just wouldn't make sense.
;_;

Eiriol
05-17-2009, 09:46 PM
You not gonna be there saturday n Sunday?

amour bouton
05-17-2009, 11:29 PM
oh, i will.
just that one day i'll be rikku, then link, then a silent hill nurse.
the three most common!
>_>

but i might also do haruhi suzumiya.
who knowwws.

Eiriol
05-18-2009, 06:17 AM
Sounds like you have a situation xP

`Difficile
05-18-2009, 08:42 AM
wahhhh amour, you must go as rikku! Who cares if there will be a lot? People will still love you. I'm going as Rikku on Friday.
I just realized its this Friday.
Ffffffff------
uck

Terumi
05-18-2009, 09:10 AM
Well, I will have my Selphie with me. Saturday I'll be in Steampunk most of the day, but since a friend is coming as Irvine, maybe we could show up for a little while.
It's a costume I wore for all of about 15 minutes at Anime USA a couple years ago, so maybe I should actually wear it for once :x!
I do look forward to seeing all of your costumes! <3 Mwahaha

amour bouton
05-18-2009, 03:27 PM
D;
oh diffyyy.
you are convincing.
i'm glad you're so "wahhhh~" over my indecision
;D

how ever will i finddd youu ;A;

negativedreamer
05-18-2009, 03:51 PM
Well, I will have my Selphie with me. Saturday I'll be in Steampunk most of the day, but since a friend is coming as Irvine, maybe we could show up for a little while.
It's a costume I wore for all of about 15 minutes at Anime USA a couple years ago, so maybe I should actually wear it for once :x!
I do look forward to seeing all of your costumes! <3 Mwahaha

wow, you are going to AZ?!! sweet. i really like your work!

`Difficile
05-18-2009, 06:29 PM
<3 Glad I inspired you.
Now inspire me to finish Vaan, holycrap.

Eiriol
05-18-2009, 06:32 PM
Ummmm *thinks of ways to inspire* I got it! if you finish it I wont stab you as much as the others :D

`Difficile
05-18-2009, 09:17 PM
o_o;;; O-okay.... Inspired....

Eiriol
05-18-2009, 09:22 PM
Aren't i good at motivation ^-^

amour bouton
05-18-2009, 09:39 PM
but... but now that means more stabs for meee.

edit: actually...
you won't know who i was to stab me.
>;3

darn friday/saturday conflicts.

Terumi
05-18-2009, 10:24 PM
wow, you are going to AZ?!! sweet. i really like your work!

Haha, are you kidding? Thank you <3 I am most definitely a fan of your own works! :3 (Especially Steiner! So sad it won't be traveling to AZ with you, but I understand how some costumes are a pain to transport.)

But yeah, AZ is my "home con" - It would be a shame for me to miss it.

Can't wait to see your Auron~! ><!

Spookloops
05-18-2009, 11:28 PM
Yay, Packed! I don't have to wear the giant fur hat thru the airport, thank god!! Hopefully the robe will get there okay, I laid a towel over the big painted part and rolled the robe like a burrito, so hopefully the design won't smash and crack o.o;

Terumi
05-19-2009, 12:51 AM
Yay, Packed! I don't have to wear the giant fur hat thru the airport, thank god!! Hopefully the robe will get there okay, I laid a towel over the big painted part and rolled the robe like a burrito, so hopefully the design won't smash and crack o.o;

+27 million points for burrito packing xD

Blitzkrieg1701
05-19-2009, 01:02 AM
Hey, I'm Terumi's Irvine :D Looking forward to seeing you all!

gothicadam
05-19-2009, 09:18 AM
alright we got Irvine coming this is gonna be good

Spookloops
05-19-2009, 10:05 AM
+27 million points for burrito packing xD

Mmmmm..... burritos.....

blueskysunday
05-21-2009, 10:53 AM
Vanille is almost completely finished! (well, as finished as it will be for this con/before the game actually comes out...) Just a few little details and I'll be ready to go. See you all at the photoshoot! :D

negativedreamer
05-21-2009, 11:35 AM
i have just to finish the hem on the bottom of the kimono and auron is complete!!!

Terumi
05-21-2009, 11:49 AM
Oh great xD I just pulled my apartment to pieces looking for Selphie, and I have a feeling it was misplaced when I moved. -_-; How depressing (even drove 2 hours back to look for it!)
Unless it suddenly appears, I'll try to be there to take pictures of everyone, anyway ><!

And one hem left? Go go!

`Difficile
05-22-2009, 09:22 AM
getting through airport security with Vaan was interesting.

negativedreamer
05-22-2009, 10:04 AM
getting through airport security with Vaan was interesting.

ugh.. i got a suitcase FULL with 2 suits of armor, a 6 foot sword and a 4 foot sword... I hope i dont have too much trouble!

Syrenrei
05-23-2009, 09:50 PM
Loved all your costmes! I found a Lenna from V and saw a Terra from VI, as well as many from VIII; I was sad the shoot was comprised of shots of VII, X, and XII only. I felt sort of awkward for changing out of Pluto into Celes. =(

Sk0T86
05-24-2009, 09:09 PM
sorry about that DX We were tying to get all the groups separately but the groups were a little uneven lol. Mostly VII, X and XII

Eiriol
05-24-2009, 09:10 PM
Luckily I was a tonberry which is in most final fantasies xP

djkidna
05-24-2009, 09:11 PM
I missed out on the shoot because my girlfriend was still working on our costumes and we didn't get there till about 3:30 or 4. We were Black Mage, White Mage, and a Thief.

Eiriol
05-24-2009, 09:15 PM
Would have been nice to have you there, would have been better if the stupid narutards didn't intrude on our shoot and take it over

Foxberry
05-25-2009, 02:51 AM
Would have been nice to have you there, would have been better if the stupid narutards didn't intrude on our shoot and take it over

AH! *E-Glomps since she'd never glomp a person IRL* ^__^ I was wondering what your ID was. Haha *Reno that hung with you and Rude all day Saturday* X3 If it isn't obvious.

And btw "YOU SUCK NARUTARDS!" Lmao that was completely epic then everyone yelled at the ones that shouted it.

NegativeDreamer: AH! I know you now. You were the truly epic Auron, I got a photo of you, I was one of the several/few Reno-cosplayers. x.x;

Dokudel
05-25-2009, 03:38 AM
I was Relm from FF6 on Saturday and for a little bit on Sunday. P.s. totally loved the kid dressed as Tonberry. <3

Eiriol
05-25-2009, 08:47 AM
AH! *E-Glomps since she'd never glomp a person IRL* ^__^ I was wondering what your ID was. Haha *Reno that hung with you and Rude all day Saturday* X3 If it isn't obvious.

And btw "YOU SUCK NARUTARDS!" Lmao that was completely epic then everyone yelled at the ones that shouted it.

NegativeDreamer: AH! I know you now. You were the truly epic Auron, I got a photo of you, I was one of the several/few Reno-cosplayers. x.x;

Lol i liked hanging out on our FF balcony for like an hour shouting at random people

I looked at your avatar and saw the goggles then realized it was you xD

Foxberry
05-26-2009, 03:18 AM
So did I it was a lot of fun. Lmao I think my two favorites, well three was the Deadpool shout, the other Reno shout and the Edgeworth shout that I did and he looked up flicked his hair and walked off all in character like. XDD

As for the goggles lol they're not that hard to mistake it would seem. I was hoping to get something more accurate like motorcycle goggles but they were so expensive online I wasn't about to pay 50$+ for a set of goggles.

Bur Loire
05-26-2009, 08:09 AM
HELLS YES FFXII REPRESENT.

I don't think you guys really understand how EPIC a turn out for FFXII cosplay is. @_@
Seriously. That made my day. Of course, I did KNOW all the FFXII cosplayers but....STILL. XD

COMPLICATED COSTUMES FOR THE WIN.
I EXPECT TO SEE MORE NEXT YEAR. (try it! it's a challenge, for once!)

Eiriol
05-26-2009, 09:14 AM
So did I it was a lot of fun. Lmao I think my two favorites, well three was the Deadpool shout, the other Reno shout and the Edgeworth shout that I did and he looked up flicked his hair and walked off all in character like. XDD

As for the goggles lol they're not that hard to mistake it would seem. I was hoping to get something more accurate like motorcycle goggles but they were so expensive online I wasn't about to pay 50$+ for a set of goggles.

Lol that's a crappy price, I did enjoy stabbing deadpool though

Foxberry
05-26-2009, 09:19 AM
Lmao awww... But the Merc with a Mouth is so lovable x3

Eiriol
05-26-2009, 09:58 AM
Before or after you are shot/slashed/stabbed?

negativedreamer
05-26-2009, 10:08 AM
The NC cosplayers showed much more love to Final Fantasy characters than I am used to seeing in Florida (not that I am complaining!). I had at least 10 FFX Yuna's to take pics with, plus rikkus, Lulus, titus (2 of em!) made it extra sweet.

Eiriol
05-26-2009, 10:13 AM
The NC cosplayers showed much more love to Final Fantasy characters than I am used to seeing in Florida (not that I am complaining!). I had at least 10 FFX Yuna's to take pics with, plus rikkus, Lulus, titus (2 of em!) made it extra sweet.

I can see why dude, your costume was amazing
I was the tonberry ^^

Foxberry
05-26-2009, 10:41 AM
Before or after you are shot/slashed/stabbed?

X3 Depends really... But he's also quite a fan of the ladies so I doubt I'd be shot/slashed/stabbed. Hahahaha.

In any case I'm glad you had a good time NegativeDreamer ^^

`Difficile
05-26-2009, 10:43 AM
HELLS YES FFXII REPRESENT.

I don't think you guys really understand how EPIC a turn out for FFXII cosplay is. @_@
Seriously. That made my day. Of course, I did KNOW all the FFXII cosplayers but....STILL. XD

COMPLICATED COSTUMES FOR THE WIN.
I EXPECT TO SEE MORE NEXT YEAR. (try it! it's a challenge, for once!)

I had yet to understand the ultimate secret of FFXII costumes.
LRN2BRINGGLUE

Spookloops
05-26-2009, 12:49 PM
It was nice seeing everyone, and thanks for letting me join the shoot ( I was Oracle - Ivalice FOREVER! :-D )! Everyone was so nice -and that's why I come back to AZ every year, no mattter what!!

I ended up having to wear the giant fur hat of doom thru the airport!!

Enzera87
05-26-2009, 06:55 PM
I just want to say that everyone costume look great his year and I had lots of fun at the photoshoot. I really can't wait for next year to come! Definitely bringing back my Zack Fair costume! -nods-

Syrenrei
05-26-2009, 07:08 PM
I'll bring back Celes again if someone promises to let me in the shoot! D=

Foxberry
05-27-2009, 12:10 AM
I ended up having to wear the giant fur hat of doom thru the airport!!

I would have loved to see that. X3 What did TSA say about it?

Spookloops
05-27-2009, 07:27 AM
I would have loved to see that. X3 What did TSA say about it?

They weren't quite amused by it as we were, and they kept calling the plush Chocobo I bought a "Tweety Bird". The stares and comments around the airport were hilarious though!

Foxberry
05-28-2009, 02:46 AM
TSA= Never amused by anything. Always grumpy and worse than a normal police officer (who will sometimes actually smile at you o__o; )

Anyway lol I'm sure the smiles were great... While I'm not wearing a big furry hat I am wondering how I am going to transport my pointy Reno wig since I'm moving and doing so by airplane. O_o;

blueskysunday
05-28-2009, 02:49 AM
TSA= Never amused by anything. Always grumpy and worse than a normal police officer (who will sometimes actually smile at you o__o; )

Anyway lol I'm sure the smiles were great... While I'm not wearing a big furry hat I am wondering how I am going to transport my pointy Reno wig since I'm moving and doing so by airplane. O_o;

You could invest in some large hat boxes to put your wigs into. Along with a wig head and something to fill the extra space, I imagine it would be rather effective for safe wig transport.

Foxberry
05-28-2009, 03:07 AM
I can't right now... I can't fit anything in my carry on or my checked baggage... Everything is packed tighter than rice in a bento box.

Spookloops
05-28-2009, 08:09 AM
I can't right now... I can't fit anything in my carry on or my checked baggage... Everything is packed tighter than rice in a bento box.

I say just wear it! ^_^ Reno minus the props looks like a red spikey-haired guy in a suit after all - nothing toooooooo unusual! If you wore like a Hawaiian shirt or something, it'd be even better! :D

Eiriol
05-28-2009, 08:55 AM
That's actually not a bad Idea xD

Foxberry
05-29-2009, 07:50 AM
Lmao true i might not do the suit thing but just wearing the wig and a Hawaiian shirt, sureeee why not X3

gothicadam
05-30-2009, 11:58 AM
rofl wtf