PDA

View Full Version : "Tales of" Animazement 2009

Terranell
02-09-2009, 06:51 PM
Hey everyone! A few friends and I will be bringing quite a handful of costumes from Namco's popular "Tales of" series to Animazement and I got to wondering if there would be any other cosplayers from the series this year. Now seemed as good a time as any to look into it!

Bold indicates confirmed costumes, italics are for costumes that are not yet confirmed. Give me the okay and I'll bold your name for a particular character! I'm listing games in order of release. GO TIME, KIDS. Recruit your buddies! Remember kids... doubles are a-okay, but REPLICAAAAAAAAAAAS! are even better. ^_-

Photoshoot will be held on SATURDAY at 3:00 PM! Meeting place is going to be in front of the convention center.

Tales of Phantasia
Arche - Terranell
Cless - Envel
Chester - Terranell's boyfriend

Tales of Destiny
Stahn - Terranell
Rutee - Envel
Leon - Terranell's boyfriend

Tales of Symphonia
Genis - Sekana Katayana
K00blerElf - Raine Sage
Blueoriontiger - Zelos Wilder
Sister_Grimm - Sheena Fujiyabashi
fluffydragon84 - Celsius
elfgirlmchan - Kratos Aurion
Miakaylia - Genis Sage
PriPri - Colette Brunel
demonkitty87 - Lloyd Irving
AnnaC93 - Presea

Tales of the Abyss
Arietta - KiwiNinamori
Anise - KiwiNinamori's sister
Anise - IchigoMusicStar
Tear - KiwiNinamori's other sister

Tales of Symphonia 2
Marta - CardcaptorKiki

KiwiNinamori
02-11-2009, 08:41 AM
I may be making my little sister Anis from Tales of the Abyss. And I might go as Arietta the wild.

KiwiNinamori
02-28-2009, 11:47 AM
My other sister has agreed to go as Tear Grants! yay

Terranell
03-01-2009, 06:08 PM
Good, good. =) The more, the merrier!

CardcaptorKiki
03-04-2009, 07:35 AM
I'll be running around as Marta Lualdi from ToS: KoR. I'm looking for an adorable Emil to absolutely swoon over (kidding. ;D But hanging out with an Emil would be fun. Personality can be either, I'm not picky lol) or any other ToS peeps.

We should all definitely try to have a photoshoot together. :] I adore the Tales Of series and to have us all in the same plae for a pic would be awesoooome!

Sekana Katayama
03-05-2009, 05:58 PM
Hello there! I have no good excuse for not having my Genis done by AZ, so I'll be around! ^_^

Terranell
03-05-2009, 09:08 PM
SWEET. There are officially enough people to start a list. >=D We'll talk about a gathering/photoshoot a little later... because now it must happen. I don't know what I'm going to be wearing yet... I really hope it's Destiny. >_> Just in case it blows up in my face again, Phantasia is my safety net.

CardcaptorKiki
03-09-2009, 07:05 PM
I'm definitely a confirmed Marta, btw. :]

KiwiNinamori
03-25-2009, 12:41 PM
you can bold my group, I'm almost done with my costume and my sisters^^

we should have a photoshoot

ShippoWaffle
03-25-2009, 04:53 PM
Are you all Going to Animazement in NC?

:D

I'm going but as Haruhi Suzumiya, Maybe we should all hang out and just take random photos.
xD

I'm going with my mom.
:3

It's actually my frist Convention ever

Envel
03-25-2009, 05:08 PM
SWEET. There are officially enough people to start a list. >=D We'll talk about a gathering/photoshoot a little later... because now it must happen. I don't know what I'm going to be wearing yet... I really hope it's Destiny. >_> Just in case it blows up in my face again, Phantasia is my safety net.

Damn you, Destiny is my safety net. Every time the weather gets warm enough for me to go outside for a Cless armor session it has to rain. *growls*

But Rutee is gonna be done. There will be no excuse otherwise.

KiwiNinamori
04-01-2009, 01:07 PM
want to have a meeting for the photoshoot on Saturday during the early afternoon (12-2 ish)? A few others I know said that would be good.

Fluffydragon84
04-11-2009, 04:01 PM
Yay! a Tales of Thread! I'm going to be Celsius :D. i have no progress pics yet, but my wig's on the way :D I'm coming with a fairly big group of friends for the kind of sort of scheduled photoshot saturday morning?

Blueoriontiger
04-11-2009, 04:06 PM
12-2 is when Cosplay chess is taking place most likely. Either before or after would work better.

As for our platoon, we're most of the Tales of Symphonia cast:

K00blerElf - Raine Sage
Me - Zelos Wilder
xsistergrimmx - Sheena Fujiyabashi
fluffydragon84 - Celsius
elfgirlmchan - Kratos Aurion
Miakaylia - Genis Sage
PriPri - Colette Brunel
demonkitty87 - Lloyd Irving

Terranell
04-11-2009, 06:17 PM
Holy wow, more cosplayers! <3 The only problem with Saturday is I MIGHT be competing with a non-Tales costume. Saturday does seem like a good day, but just in case there is interest, what does everyone think of Friday? (Either way I'm sure I can be flexible, I just want to see what the majority thinks!)

Stahn progress is happening. AZ is only about a month away!

Blueoriontiger
04-12-2009, 11:52 AM
It might be a possibility, but our entire group was planning on doing Zeldaness on Friday, then ToS Saturday. I know two people need to paint themselves for both, so it may be tricky to do two photoshoots for us on one day.

CardcaptorKiki
04-14-2009, 03:17 PM
I'll be wearing Marta Friday because I'm doing Cosplay Chess and a skit in CCS Sakura. Ummm, I could go for Saturday morning for a photoshoot though. :]

KiwiNinamori
04-17-2009, 08:48 AM
I'm with a D. Grayman group on Fiday, and TOA on Saturday

SlightlyDim
04-18-2009, 07:36 PM
I'll be attending as Jade From Tales of the Abyss

I'm pretty sure people are either aiming for before or after the cosplay chess on Saturday. (I'd like to watch the cosplay chess too) There is a thread on the animazement forums for Tales of as well and I think that's what they wanted to do, I'm pretty sure they wanted to meet up at the front of the convention center but eh. As long as we figure when and where the week before the con.

CardcaptorKiki
04-19-2009, 10:14 AM
I'm actually IN Cosplay Chess (as a non-Tales chara), so if we have a shoot beforehand— it’d have to be so that it’ll give me- and others in CC- enough time to change and make the meet-up time (otherwise, I can't make it). ;;;

But if it's after Cosplay Chess, I can easily run and change (prolly take me thirty minutes or so), and have more time to run around in Marta for a while before having to change again for the masquerade. |D;;

So... is about half an hour after Cosplay Chess okay with everyone?

KiwiNinamori
04-19-2009, 06:20 PM
how about 3pm?

Blueoriontiger
05-02-2009, 09:22 PM
3PM sounds good with me. Posted it in the thread here, and on the AZ forums.

Terranell
05-03-2009, 12:13 AM
I'll go ahead and update the first page. =) Looking forward to seeing you all there. If anyone gets an idea for a meeting place, please post some thoughts as I have NO idea what the area is like! (I've never been to AZ before and if I remember correctly this is a new venue this year.)

Blueoriontiger
05-03-2009, 12:08 PM
Oh, character updates for you;

AnnaC93 - Presea
IchigoMusicStar - Anise

x)

CardcaptorKiki
05-03-2009, 09:11 PM
3PM sounds awesome! Can't wait to take pics with you guys. >A<

Grimmory
05-05-2009, 10:04 AM
I'm the Sheena in tiger's group, just wanted to let you know that that id is my deviantArt id

SlightlyDim
05-06-2009, 09:49 PM
I'm thinking the front of the convention center? That's what the word was on the animazement forum.

Terranell
05-06-2009, 11:52 PM
Sounds good to me. Since I kind of forgot to do it last time I posted, I've updated the first post. I am SO happy the turnout is so large! I didn't think this thread would even get off the first page but now we look like we've got a decent sized group. <3

Of course the con is less than a month away and I'm still not quite sure which costumes are gonna make it to the shoot... though I have to say my armor is coming along quite nicely. It's pretty much touch-ups from here. I'm REALLY leaning towards Destiny.

Blueoriontiger
05-07-2009, 12:52 AM
You forgot to add the Presea and the Anise. D:

Arrangements sound fine as me. *Goes into character* Now now, where are my hunnies? XD

Terranell
05-07-2009, 04:52 PM
Aw crap I thought I was forgetting something important. >___>;; Sorry about that!

KooblerElf
05-07-2009, 09:38 PM
Hazaa! :3 My Raine coat (ha. bad pun) is officially complete.
Looks like we're going to have a good sized photoshoot. I'm looking forward to it.

Sekana Katayama
05-10-2009, 11:21 PM
Just a heads-up, I'm not gonna have Genis done in time. I'll hopefully be around to take pics though, can't wait! ^_^

KooblerElf
05-11-2009, 01:31 PM
ummm... IchigoMusicStar is not KiwiNinamori's sister. IchigoMusicStar is my roommate. Blueoriontiger and myself are helping make her costume.
In that case I suppose there will be two Anises. (oh snap replicas ^^)

Terranell
05-11-2009, 08:37 PM
OH SNAP Stahn's done. All I have to do is attach the shoulders to the chest. <3

Just a heads-up, I'm not gonna have Genis done in time. I'll hopefully be around to take pics though, can't wait! ^_^

That's too bad, I hope you can get it done for another con! Genis is so cute. XD He needs more cosplayers.

ummm... IchigoMusicStar is not KiwiNinamori's sister. IchigoMusicStar is my roommate. Blueoriontiger and myself are helping make her costume.
In that case I suppose there will be two Anises. (oh snap replicas ^^)

Sorry, I didn't mean for that post to look like she was. I replaced the comma with the word "and" to eliminate that confusion. XP

SlightlyDim
05-13-2009, 11:03 PM
Hazza! My Tales of the Abyss costume is almost complete! I can definitely say that going as the wonderful necromancer Jade :toothy:

CardcaptorKiki
05-14-2009, 06:14 AM
Working on my Marta spinner today! \o/ Just gotta add some more layers of paint and it's DONE. <3

KiwiNinamori
05-16-2009, 02:38 PM
Hazza! My Tales of the Abyss costume is almost complete! I can definitely say that going as the wonderful necromancer Jade :toothy:

Yes! Jade!<3 poor Jade will be surrounded by allot of TOA girls.

My arietta costume is done, and my littler sister's Anise. And I'm half way through my older sister's Tear (cool chick version) costume

I can't wait!