PDA

View Full Version : Animazement Musical Guest

double00beaver
02-12-2009, 07:56 AM
Anyone else totally psyched to see that Animazement just announced their first musical guest? Not only that but it's cosplay band, Imitations PoPs Uchuu Sentai NOIZ!

I absolutely love these guys and I'm sort of in a state of disbelief over it because I never thought a band like this would be on the East Coast, much less North Carolina and our home convention!

ChickenDoughnut
02-12-2009, 09:51 AM
X3 I know!!!! I really hope to meet them and get a picture with them, Specially AngelTaka :3 (Cause Autographs are laa~me :P) Didn't they preform at some other convention in 06?

I am going to have drop everything and go to this concert, They better play 'Chromosome Six' that's my all time favorite song by them! ^^

Kyasaren
02-12-2009, 03:24 PM
I had never heard of them before, although they seemed familiar...
I watched the video on the AZ site, and I love it. I'm really excited about this! I disliked the forum when the first few people didn't care for them. I think it's awesome AZ is having a concert!! They seem really, really good.

I can't find them on youtube, though. :( which makes me sad.

ChickenDoughnut
02-12-2009, 09:08 PM
I had never heard of them before, although they seemed familiar...
I watched the video on the AZ site, and I love it. I'm really excited about this! I disliked the forum when the first few people didn't care for them. I think it's awesome AZ is having a concert!! They seem really, really good.

I can't find them on youtube, though. :( which makes me sad.

:-( I know, But hey can't make everyone like them just because. Even tho they should cause there music is super! On a side note is this AZ first big concert? (I've only been to two AZ and am just wondering ^^)

Youtube did a fail moment for ya aww! anyway You could try 'Imitation PoPs' < Old name and something might pop up, Oh and just cause this PV is the sweetness :P Sentimental Dropkick (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdCezsIhb-w&feature=related)

TenkanTamago
02-13-2009, 06:49 AM
Yep, this is the first concert for AZ. This is proving to be a big year. :3

I'm still on the fence about the band. I'd never heard of them before and I wasn't too into that video they posted, but eh. I've got a few months to check them out before the con.

Kyasaren
02-13-2009, 01:08 PM
:-( I know, But hey can't make everyone like them just because. Even tho they should cause there music is super! On a side note is this AZ first big concert? (I've only been to two AZ and am just wondering ^^)

Youtube did a fail moment for ya aww! anyway You could try 'Imitation PoPs' < Old name and something might pop up, Oh and just cause this PV is the sweetness :P Sentimental Dropkick (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdCezsIhb-w&feature=related)

That PV was -really- cute!! Haha, Angel Taka is hilarious!! xD

lehst
02-14-2009, 08:14 AM
wow cool! there's gonna be a band? thank you for sharing this info with us! I haven't searched the website much, i must check it out n0wZ. >:3 this will be my first animazement and i'm getting more excited about it!

Enzera87
02-14-2009, 09:29 AM
Dude!

Animazement is just full of surprises this year. XDD

LanceBardock
02-15-2009, 08:38 AM
Ah, I remember when I actually had a shot to play at AZ...of course, my band moved beyond practicing for it and then i moved back home...but who knows, maybe i was lied to from the start. but this....this is much grander than any local otaku cover band, its an actual band! I'll definitely wil be checking these guys out til the con

Fallain
02-15-2009, 12:41 PM
I can't wait D: I can't believe we're actually getting a band!

It's no MSI or Miyavi but...

YEEEEEEEE! O_O <3

EDIT: um...I just thought of this, what does this mean for the j-pop rave? :( Are we still going to have it?

LanceBardock
02-16-2009, 05:41 PM
usually with other cons they have the concert then the rave after. I don't see this one being any different...i hope

ChickenDoughnut
02-17-2009, 07:10 AM
I can't wait D: I can't believe we're actually getting a band!

It's no MSI or Miyavi but...

YEEEEEEEE! O_O <3

EDIT: um...I just thought of this, what does this mean for the j-pop rave? :( Are we still going to have it?

XD MSI at a anime con haha that would be something, A strange good something. :3

deidara_un
02-17-2009, 11:25 AM
this is the first time i've ever heard of this band, but i hope they have some songs like Dir en Grey =D

Shadowoffire123
02-17-2009, 05:05 PM
From what I've heard, it's a lot of pop. Kinda like the opposite of Dir en Grey, lol. I'm not sure how I feel about those crazy costumes of theirs. O-o

deidara_un
02-18-2009, 08:38 AM
oh, man... pop... eh...oh

double00beaver
02-19-2009, 05:26 PM
^__^ V Please try not to be negative about the band, we're lucky to have one at all.

I don't know, I'm not really into NOIZ's new video with the guy eating, but I encourage everyone to check out their old PVs which are very funny and feature their old costumes.

Also, I think it's good that they were picked. Not only are they a positive band, but they're not widely known so this will maybe get them some more fans. Lastly, they're a cosplay band!

Dir en grey really isn't a....family friendly...band. -cough- So I'm glad NOIZ is more positive and pop-ish considering Animazement probably wanted a band that everyone could go see, kids, teens, and adults.

Lyn
02-19-2009, 06:40 PM
I am personally very excited for this con because NOIZ is coming now. I wasn't sure if I was going but now I HAVE to find a way as NOIZ is one of my favorite bands ever and they are hilarious and entertaining. Give them a chance guys as I'm sure you won't be disappointed. If you like Psycho le Cemu at all you'll prolly like NOIZ.

Kyasaren
02-19-2009, 07:24 PM
Dir en grey really isn't a....family friendly...band. -cough-

^ I LOL'd

LadyEos
02-19-2009, 07:39 PM
Like I said on the AZ forum - yes, it's a good thing that AZ has gotten a band. No, I won't be seeing them because they don't interest me. *shrug*

double00beaver
02-20-2009, 02:15 PM
I am personally very excited for this con because NOIZ is coming now. I wasn't sure if I was going but now I HAVE to find a way as NOIZ is one of my favorite bands ever and they are hilarious and entertaining. Give them a chance guys as I'm sure you won't be disappointed. If you like Psycho le Cemu at all you'll prolly like NOIZ.

Psycho le Cemu <3

;__; Why did they have to break up? (Even though they're doing a concert together this year to celebrate an anniversary!!)

Lyn
02-20-2009, 04:00 PM
Psycho le Cemu <3

;__; Why did they have to break up? (Even though they're doing a concert together this year to celebrate an anniversary!!)

I miss PLC ;_;

Though speaking of which...did you hear? They just announced that S@TT-ON and TAKEswiy are leaving NOIZ!! o_o Like their last concert together is March 22...which is BEFORE AZ. O_O So I don't know what that means...but I guess they won't be with the band when they come here. T_T

double00beaver
02-21-2009, 06:45 PM
Yeah, my friend sent me an IM about that, I'm really saddened by it but I'm sure the band already discussed it ahead of time probably before Animazement approached them so they must already have something figured out for when they perform here. I'd hate if they had to cancel though.

deidara_un
02-23-2009, 10:33 AM
well, at least there's (hopefully) gonna be a band!
maybe animazement could host mucc next year?

double00beaver
02-23-2009, 11:11 AM
MUCC would be pretty cool. Maybe after the convention they'll have a suggestions thread. I'd love for Animazement to have DJ SiSeN or The Candy Spooky Theater.

Kyasaren
02-23-2009, 01:21 PM
<3 Candy Spooky Theater. I am sad that Zull left though :(

deidara_un
02-24-2009, 11:01 AM
hmm.. never heard of candy spooky theater.... is it rock or what?

Kyasaren
02-24-2009, 02:47 PM
hmm.. never heard of candy spooky theater.... is it rock or what?

Imagine Tim Burton's "Nightmare Before Christmas" if they has a rock n roll band.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBWacbDY60o

double00beaver
02-24-2009, 05:07 PM
Yeah, I miss Zull...and Kiddy Skeleton....but their new guitarist looks pretty cool. Bones Jr or something like that.

-snuggles her Peggy plushie-

deidara_un
02-25-2009, 09:28 AM
Imagine Tim Burton's "Nightmare Before Christmas" if they has a rock n roll band.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBWacbDY60o

thats actually awesome ^^

ChickenDoughnut
02-27-2009, 09:37 AM
They should bring in Miyavi... O___O' Not to challenging eh? X3

deidara_un
02-27-2009, 09:46 AM
who's mayavi? .-.

double00beaver
02-27-2009, 01:14 PM
Miyavi would be very hard to get, not to mention the amount of people that would come to see him would totally swamp Animazement. It would be chaos. @__@;

And I'm surprised. Someone that knows Dir en grey doesn't know much about jrock..though, Dir en grey is hardly jrock anymore. xD

Miyavi is a major label artist that used to be a member of Due le Quartz and then he went solo. he just graduated from the PSC label.

Shara-chan
03-01-2009, 12:52 PM
I haven't been doing a good job browsing the AZ site, so I found out about this through here. I've only seen one video, the one someone posted up here earlier, and it was okay. I wasn't like "ZOMG!!!!!!!!!!211@#!@!$!!!!" about it, but I don't hate it. I think they're one of those bands that I'd put on my iPod, but they wouldn't be on my Top 25, ya know? But I'm excited about AZ having a concert. In general, that's just awesome. I think they're going all-out since they've got the new building, lol! Jkjk, but yeah. I'm not sure if I'll go to this one or not....although I probably will. Depends on my two friends that are coming, too.

~Random rant ended, lol!~

Legend of Mree
03-01-2009, 08:37 PM
I miss PLC ;_;

Though speaking of which...did you hear? They just announced that S@TT-ON and TAKEswiy are leaving NOIZ!! o_o Like their last concert together is March 22...which is BEFORE AZ. O_O So I don't know what that means...but I guess they won't be with the band when they come here. T_T

nononooo! DD:
those two are my favorites, especially TAKEswiy.
that makes me sooo sad
I hope they are with the band when they are at AZ, I really doooo. x33 <3

xlynx
03-02-2009, 09:37 AM
D8

ok now i can't wait 8D

deidara_un
03-02-2009, 11:01 AM
And I'm surprised. Someone that knows Dir en grey doesn't know much about jrock..though, Dir en grey is hardly jrock anymore. xD

Miyavi is a major label artist that used to be a member of Due le Quartz and then he went solo. he just graduated from the PSC label.

ok, someone really has to help me get into jrock... pleeeeeeaaaaasssseeee? =3

double00beaver
03-02-2009, 12:06 PM
http://www.jrockrevolution.com/

You can go there. Join the forum, there's tons of Dir en grey fans and jrock fans. We also have a little sub-section for anime and cosplay and convention meet ups.

deidara_un
03-03-2009, 09:28 AM
aww T^T the link wont work at school T^T
*sobs*

Kingfisher Girl
03-08-2009, 08:35 AM
No news on if TAKEswiy or S@TT-ON will be there, but NOIZ is definitely still playing; I asked on the forums, and the person who answered me said she would ask about the missing members at the staff meeting today, but “the band will still be playing at Animazement.” So here’s hoping!

double00beaver
03-08-2009, 12:13 PM
Either they'll come back for the concert or the band already has support members in mind. x__x