PDA

View Full Version : Transformers and Giant Mecha Cosplay

Rift Williams
07-26-2003, 06:04 AM
I'm currently working on putting togeather a Starscream osplay, based on his Armada appearnce, complete with Skymooon Shield and Starsabre. But I'm having trouble keeping the arm and leg armor on. It keeps falling off and down. Any help would be appreciated.

Garuda_Aiacos
07-26-2003, 09:20 AM
U could look up how some Stormtroppers keep their armors on for some possible tips. ;)

Omega Dragon
07-27-2003, 01:55 AM
velcro, velcro, velcro, sew it to your clothes and the armor won't move too much.

Garuda_Aiacos
07-27-2003, 11:42 AM
Hmm, industrial strength velcro may help for light parts but some parts u will need to use a system of suspenders, straps, press studs/snaps, screws etc.

RandomFerret
12-04-2003, 06:07 PM
For my upcoming G1 Ironhide, I cannibalized a pair of goalie pads for the basic shape of the shin and the elastic velcro. If you're lucky enough to live somewhere civilized enough for this wonderful sport, you'll probably find a pair for a couple bucks at a thrift store.

Dancin_Fool
12-05-2003, 08:37 AM
What did you build your costume out of? I've built 3 transformers costumes, my latest one lI built out of papermache and styrofoam, the shoulder were attached to the Upperchest piece via dowels so it gave them rotation, the upper arms were made out of a soft foam which I spray painted, the elbows I used a bendable type of piping. The midsection I used the softfoam again which was attached to the pelvis area which slid on like a pair of pants, I've found that elastic is the best way to go for holding the different parts on.

Ragresen
12-05-2003, 09:34 AM
Troopers like myself use an assortment of things. I have went as far as to pad out the inside of my thigh armor some and then suspend it with velcro attached to an elsatic. My admon armor is actually held up by suspendors that hide under the chest armor. We have also used snaps in some instances and rivist on certain pieces. But Industrial strength Velcor and Snaps is the best system out there.

RandomFerret
12-05-2003, 03:32 PM
What did you build your costume out of? I've built 3 transformers costumes, my latest one lI built out of papermache and styrofoam, the shoulder were attached to the Upperchest piece via dowels so it gave them rotation, the upper arms were made out of a soft foam which I spray painted, the elbows I used a bendable type of piping. The midsection I used the softfoam again which was attached to the pelvis area which slid on like a pair of pants, I've found that elastic is the best way to go for holding the different parts on.

Corrugated plastic signboard for me. Lighter than cardboard and almost as easy to shape, and much more durable. I may have been the first one to think of using this stuff.

Dancin_Fool
12-10-2003, 12:43 AM
Yeah that stuff works great, I use it for details on top of the styrofoam, like the decepticon symbol and then papermache it all.