PDA

View Full Version : Calling All Sailor Moon Cosplayers 2009!

Lilly-chan
02-14-2009, 07:17 PM
Well after searching here in AZ's forum I didn't see a thread for Sailor Moon Cosplayers, so I'm going to start one (now if there is one already please let me know)!

My name is Lilly-chan and this is my first time coming to AZ, but not first time going to conventions. Most moonies know me as the creator of "Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon: Live Action Fanlisting (http://drama.tsukiyama-sama.net/pgsm)", "Tsuki Mubi: A Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon Music Video Gallery (http://tsukimubi.tsukiyama-sama.net)", " Club's Founder/Pres. for deviantART's PGSM Fan Club (http://liveactionsailormoon.deviantart.com), Naoko Takeuchi Fan Club (http://takeuchi-senshi.deviantart.com) and SeraMyu Fan Club (http://seramyu.deviantart.com) .

I will be cosplaying as Dark Mercury from PGSM for the 3rd time. (I've debut her at Otakon 2008 and Matsuricon 2008) If you like to view pictures of my costume I have a little gallery set up here on cosplay and on my BSSMLA Online Gallery as well.
Lilly's cosplay.com's Dark Mercury Photoshoot 2008 (http://www.cosplay.com/gallery/125245/)
Lilly's Dark Mercury Photoshoot 2008 (http://drama.tsukiyama-sama.net/pgsm/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=13)

Also I'm planning to run 2 Sailor Moon related panels at AZ (waiting for an approval, as soon as I get an approval I'll let you all know)-
Sailor Moon Universe Fan Panel
*Note- This is a new panel/debuting at AZ for 2009! After 5 years and 8 runs of PGSM fan panel its time to open the panel up.*

Come and join us as we share our love for Sailor Moon as a series that began as a manga and expanded into an anime, musical and finally a live action series similar to those that inspired the creator! Relive or experience for the first time some of the memorable scenes from the anime, the musicals and the live action through the videos we will provide and learn the romance dance. The panel will also feature a power point presentation, special guests, fandom part (Otaku Senshi, Cosplay etc) of Sailor Moon, a Speed Questions Quiz and Re-Act Pose Contest with prizes and for coming we will have door prizes! There will also be time for a question/answer period at the end of the panel. If you don't attend in the name of the moon you will be punished! All Ages

*This panel features a power point presentation and footage from the anime, musicals and live action drama! Prizes are donation art from artists around the world that are frame or matted or printed in protect sleeves with bios about the artists on the back of the pieces. If there are any special guests at any convention then there will be a section for that special guest to speak.

Naoko Takeuchi Fan Panel
*Note- This panel is in its 4th year in a row and 6th run!
Previous Conventions- Anime Punch 2006, Matsuricon 2006|2007|2008, Otakon 2008

Takeuchi Naoko or Takeuchi-sensei, what most fans call her, is best known for Bishoujo Senshi Sailormoon. But what over works has Naoko come up with? Come join us for an overview and discussion about her other works and how they compare to Bishoujo Senshi Sailormoon success. Also any latest news about Takeuchi-sensei as well. There will be time for a question/answer period at the end of the panel. All Ages.

*This panel features a power point presentation! If there are any special guests at any convention then there will be a section for that special guest to speak.

Anyone else going as an Sailor Moon character (manga, anime, seramyu- musicals, pgsm- live action or otaku senshi)? Also any thoughts on a photoshoot(s)? The last photoshoots that I've been at were Otakon 2007-2008 and they were alot of fun!

~Lilly-chan
PS: Before Sailor Moon Universe Fan Panel I ran the Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon (PGSM) Fan Panel by after 5 years and 8 runs at different convention I felt it was time to retire it. So as of its 8th run at Otakon 2008 I've retired it!
Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon (PGSM) Fan Panel history:
Previous Conventions- Ohayocon 2005, Anime Punch 2006, Matsuricon 2006|2007|2008, Otakon 2007|2008
Video Footage:
Otakon 2007- http://www.genvid.com/News/Otakon-2007-PGSM-Panel-Videos.html
Otakon 2008- http://www.genvid.com/News/Sailor-Moon-Panels-at-Otakon-2008.html , http://powet.tv/2008/08/17/sailor-moon-panels-at-otakon-2008/
More information about this panel and other go here- http://drama.tsukiyama-sama.net/pgsm/pgsm_fan_panel.htm

Terumi
03-01-2009, 05:40 PM
Anyone else going as an Sailor Moon character (manga, anime, seramyu- musicals, pgsm- live action or otaku senshi)? Also any thoughts on a photoshoot(s)? The last photoshoots that I've been at were Otakon 2007-2008 and they were alot of fun!

I've been wanting to finish my Kakyuu (Her Sailor Form! <3 ) for months. I'd be interested! I've played with the idea of Sailor Saturn, but I really need to focus this motivation and finish what I've started with Kakyuu. Though I'd like to look for some Sailor StarLights to hang out/take photos with.
D: now to get off my bum and figure stuff out @_@;

Lilly-chan
03-25-2009, 09:23 PM
Just wanted to let all Sailor Moon cosplayers that both of my panels were approved for Animazement 2009!!! Yea!

So be on the look out for these panels in the program booklet!
Sailor Moon Universe Fan Panel
*Note- This is a new panel/debuting at AZ for 2009! After 5 years and 8 runs of PGSM fan panel its time to open the panel up.*

Come and join us as we share our love for Sailor Moon as a series that began as a manga and expanded into an anime, musical and finally a live action series similar to those that inspired the creator! Relive or experience for the first time some of the memorable scenes from the anime, the musicals and the live action through the videos we will provide and learn the romance dance. The panel will also feature a power point presentation, special guests, fandom part (Otaku Senshi, Cosplay etc) of Sailor Moon, a Speed Questions Quiz and Re-Act Pose Contest with prizes and for coming we will have door prizes! There will also be time for a question/answer period at the end of the panel. If you don't attend in the name of the moon you will be punished! All Ages

*This panel features a power point presentation and footage from the anime, musicals and live action drama! Prizes are donation art from artists around the world that are frame or matted or printed in protect sleeves with bios about the artists on the back of the pieces. If there are any special guests at any convention then there will be a section for that special guest to speak.

Naoko Takeuchi Fan Panel
*Note- This panel is in its 4th year in a row and 6th run!
Previous Conventions- Anime Punch 2006, Matsuricon 2006|2007|2008, Otakon 2008

Takeuchi Naoko or Takeuchi-sensei, what most fans call her, is best known for Bishoujo Senshi Sailormoon. But what over works has Naoko come up with? Come join us for an overview and discussion about her other works and how they compare to Bishoujo Senshi Sailormoon success. Also any latest news about Takeuchi-sensei as well. There will be time for a question/answer period at the end of the panel. All Ages.

*This panel features a power point presentation! If there are any special guests at any convention then there will be a section for that special guest to speak.

Also besides the Sailor Moon related fan panels there is Keiko Han aka Luna's Voice from the Anime and Live Action and Yasuo Yamaguchi the Producer of the animation of Sailor Moon as guests this year! (I'm still holding out for more guests and maybe even more SM related guests as well!)

~Lilly-chan

misatokibason
04-14-2009, 11:28 PM
well me and my son are going as Eternal Sailor Venus and he is my Artemis. i am resizing the eternal because of losing weight. so we are going

Syrenrei
05-02-2009, 01:35 PM
I'll be there as Sailor Pluto. No pictures yet, the wig needs styling and the tiara needs some finishing touches. >.< Everything else is done, though, so it's a definite! I am even bringing a staff, although it's my first prop and far from perfect. I plan on wearing it Saturday, although if there is a desire and enough of us for a shoot, I can wear it on Sunday for photos.

Lilly-chan
05-02-2009, 07:02 PM
Very Cool! After finding out my panel times for both of my panels. I've decided I'll be cosplaying my Dark Mercury on Saturday. ^_^

Here are my panel times|days for both- "Naoko Takeuchi Fan Panel" and "Sailor Moon Universe Fan Panel".
Friday May 22, 2009- Naoko Takeuchi Fan Panel at 6:45pm - 7:45pm
Saturday May 23, 2009- Sailor Moon Universe Fan Panel at 2:00pm - 3:00pm

Location for both panels are TBA. Waiting for AZ to post the schedule up on their website. Once I find out the location I'll try to post them here. If for some reason I do not post the Location for both panels between now and AZ please look in the program booklet it should be posted there. I do know that my Sailor Moon Universe Fan Panel is right before Yasuo Yamaguchi (the Producer of the animation of Sailor Moon) 's panel on Saturday in the same room. ^_^ Keiko Han's panel is on Friday morning (but I do not know the time or location) The reason why I know their panel information is when I was talking to the Head Panels Staff about my panels he'd told me about their.

I'm right now seeing if I can get both of them as guests on my Sailor Moon Universe Fan Panel. I don't know if I can, but I do know that I'll see both of them at the Pre-con (Thursday) and I can ask them again there. ^_^ It would be cool to have an guest directly related to the series on my panel. I'll try to keep you all update.

As for any photoshoots. Since there weren't that many replies... I'm only guess if you all want to get together like on Saturday either in the morning (11:00am-ish) right before the "Sailor Moon Universe Fan Panel" (Which is at 2:00pm - 3:00pm) or after the panel I'm cool. Like me know if Saturday is cool. lilly.peacecraft@gmail.com or AIM- lilly peacecraft (please say that your from AZ's Cosplay's posting when you leave a message at AIM ^_^)

~Lilly-chan

misatokibason
05-06-2009, 05:44 PM
hey there you can count on Eternal Venus and Artemis to be there!!!!

misatokibason
05-10-2009, 12:16 PM
Hey Lily did you want to meet outside around 11am on saturday?? I think that will work for me and my son. just let me know

Syrenrei
05-10-2009, 12:49 PM
I'll be there at 11 if you want to do that as well. =) Even if there aren't many of us, it'd be nice to have more than one senshi in a picture I think!

misatokibason
05-10-2009, 01:04 PM
okay that will be great. so where do you want to meet???

Syrenrei
05-10-2009, 07:35 PM
Around 11:15, rather than 11 even, would be better for me. I'd like to go to the guest panel or the Costume Contest 101 and they run 10:15-11:15 looking at the schedule. I'm not sure where we could take pictures; I have passed by the convention center a lot, but never been inside. >.<

misatokibason
05-11-2009, 06:34 PM
well I was goign to be in the costume contest for my son and I so we can do it around after it??? I will be in a different costume for it so if that is okay with you

Syrenrei
05-11-2009, 08:12 PM
I am not sure what you said here. The Cosplay is at 7pm, and Costume Contest 101 is from 10:15 until 11:15, so 11:15 should theoretically people should be free >.> Since there are so few of us, we can also just find each other

Lilly-chan
05-11-2009, 08:59 PM
Hi Everyone,

Sorry I was away for the weekend and I've been working on re-stocking my artwork and working on panel stuff. As for meeting up around 11:15-ish am that would be question. Just notice that Animazement posted their schedule up online on their website!

Here is the 2 related Sailor Moon Guests Panels-
Yasu Yamaguchi Guest Panel #1 Panel
Digital Technology and Animation
Time|Day- Saturday 9:00am - 10am
Location- Track 1 401B

Keiko Han's Guest Panel
Time|Day- Saturday 10:15am- 11:15am
Location- Track 1 401B

Yasu Yamaguchi Guest Panel #2 Panel
TAF 2010
Time|Day- Saturday 3:15pm-4:15pm
Location- Track 4 302B

My Panels-
Naoko Takeuchi Fan Panel
Time|Day- Friday Night 6:45pm - 7:45pm
Location- Track 5 302C

Sailor Moon Universe Panel
Time|Day- Saturday Afternoon 2:00pm - 3:00pm
Location- Track 5 302C

So if anyone wants to do the photoshoot, I will be only able to come between 11:30am - 12:30pm or 3:30pm and after. I was thinking maybe an half hour or so (whatever works with everyone else's schedule) for the photoshoot. As for where to meet- that is a good question. This is my first time at Animazement and of course this is the first time for everyone at the Raleigh Convention Center. My guess is if there is a big opening place (for those that's been to Otakon there is a big area called the Fountains where every cosplayer goes.) where all the cosplayers are hanging out we can meet there... or look for me aka as Dark Mercury and we can go from there. ^_^

If is a ok for everyone I'll go ahead and make some flyer's that will have not only the photoshoot time but both of the panel times. ^_^ I'll be placing them on any tables that have adds etc. I did this for Otakon and it work. (at least for the panels- because I've packed the rooms ^_^ Cosplay was cool because it was listed on the official cosplay photoshoot for Otakon. )

~Lilly-chan

Syrenrei
05-13-2009, 02:01 PM
I can do either of those times; I am not sure what forums/events I am going to yet except for a few, so I'll work around whichever time you chose. =)

misatokibason
05-13-2009, 04:27 PM
I will be around and you cant miss us but if oyu want I always go to the voice of luna panel

Lilly-chan
05-13-2009, 07:23 PM
UPDATE- 5/16/09 Both Sailor Moon Related Guests cancel because of the ongoing swine flu scare! With the threat of being quarantined for 10 days upon their return to Japan, they just couldn't take the chance of affecting their work or their families.

Ok, everyone here is the time-

Sailor Moon Photoshoot
Time|Day- Saturday Late Morning, May 23, 2009 at 11:00am - 11:30am
Location- Lobby- Then move to a better location.
(I was looking online for some interior photos of the Raleigh Convention Center to get an idea of location for the photoshoot, but found no luck. Mostly the images are drawings or computer drawings. Darn you would think when the Convention Center open in September 08' that there will be photos. >.< )

Also those of Sailor Moon Fans I'm also running the-
My Panels-
Naoko Takeuchi Fan Panel
Time|Day- Friday Night 6:45pm - 7:45pm
Location- Track 5 302C

Sailor Moon Universe Panel
Time|Day- Saturday Afternoon 2:00pm - 3:00pm
Location- Track 5 302C
*Running a Trivia Contest and An Re-Attack Pose Contest with Prizes<--(Donated Frame Fan Artwork Around The World!!!!)*

I'm printing up flyer's tonight that will contain the Sailor Moon Photoshoot time|day|location along with my 2 panels information too and place them around (if there are an ad tables) for anyone to pick up. I'm doing this on Thursday night sometime during the pre-con.

thanks again,
~Lilly-chan

Syrenrei
05-27-2009, 12:23 PM
Because I'm not sure all of you that can/will read this can/will read the Animazement forum post, I really liked the photoshoot and meeting all of you. I was really shellshocked at all the picture taking and was nervous about my costume, so I am sincerely sorry I was so standoffish and quiet. I promise next year to be less terrified and more congenial.

Thanks for setting this up and I look forward to seeing you all next year as senshi or something else. =)

Lilly-chan
06-01-2009, 10:28 PM
Hi Fellow Moonies!

Just want to say that I had a blast at AZ this year! Here is my Full Report with photos- http://bssmla-fanlisting-news.blogspot.com/2009/05/animazement-2009-report.html

and those that happen to make it to both panels thanks so much! If not I have video footage online now-

Naoko Takeuchi Fan Panel-
http://en.sevenload.com/videos/hCzDRhW-Naoko-Takeuchi-Fan-Panel-Animazement-2009

Sailor Moon Universe Fan Panel-
http://en.sevenload.com/videos/YudZCoQ-Sailor-Moon-Universe-Fan-Panel-Animazement-2009

Enjoy!