PDA

View Full Version : Jrock/Jpop...again!

double00beaver
02-19-2009, 05:29 PM
Okay, so I totally thought I had already made this year's jrock/jpop cosplay thread buuuut...I guess not! ^__^;

Anyone bringing back the jrock/jpop love?

Once again, I have no idea who to cosplay. -shamed-

Kyasaren
02-19-2009, 07:20 PM
I have enough money for maybe two costumes, but I am just torn as who to go as. I really want to go as a jrocker, though! Just torn on which outfit. So I'm on the same boat as you XD

LadyEos
02-19-2009, 07:37 PM
Like I said in the AZ forum, I'll be bringing Kaya cosplay. White outfit from the Node of Scherzo collab, to be exact.
It's being made right now by someone I commissioned. I can't wait to see the finished result. :)

double00beaver
02-20-2009, 02:22 PM
I have....an idea for a cosplay. I sort of made a joke about it and then I got encouraged so if I can find the bottom half to the photo, I'll do it.
It's a secret for now though. -shifty eyes-

Shadowoffire123
02-20-2009, 06:03 PM
All I've got to do is finish my pants and hair situation and Reita is ready to go.

FFrikku
02-20-2009, 07:32 PM
bringing Yuuka Maeda from High-King (j-pop crazy)

minakocat
02-20-2009, 09:45 PM
^ with Rikku, i'm cosplaying Tanaka Reina from Hello! Project's High King :)

Shadowoffire123
02-21-2009, 12:05 PM
Is there going to be a photoshoot/gathering type thing?

double00beaver
02-21-2009, 06:44 PM
Every year we have one...and every year I always end up missing it some how. >__>;

But yes, we will have a photoshoot this year and I will attend!

...I sort of want to leak what my "maybe" costume is just because it's that awesome..it's jrock and jpop.

ChickenDoughnut
02-27-2009, 09:35 AM
minakocat & FFRikku~ You guys *cries* equal awesome for cosplaying Jpop!! ^^ you never see to much of it now a days :/ Tssssk! I didn't have time in my lineup this year to do it but next year for sure I want to bring Kira from KiraPika 'Hana wo Pu~n' PV :3

I think this year I might revive my Kirito 'Yuuyami Suicide' PV from ~ PIERROT for Saturday Night or something. Because I love his pants<3 :P

Oh and just curious you guys use your real hair for your Jpop/Jrock?

double00beaver
02-27-2009, 01:39 PM
I try to use my real hair as much as possible. I did for my Katsucon outfit.

-posts picture-

Credits to judy for awesome photo (http://flickr.com/photos/judithstephens/3305156272/in/set-72157614200948329/)

I'm the redhead. xD

Shadowoffire123
02-27-2009, 07:46 PM
I'm trying to grow out my hair so that I'll be able to use it. Bangs are currently approaching the end of my nose. =P

LadyEos
02-27-2009, 10:06 PM
I need to buy my wig for my Kaya cosplay as well as get the gloves. Other than that I'm set right now (will be getting the commissioned top/veil/skirt by May 1st). :)

I'm looking forward to debuting it at Animazement. :)

double00beaver
02-27-2009, 11:22 PM
I can't wait to see it. The Kaya I went to Katsucon with is trying to talk me into cosplaying little boy Kaya xD

Shara-chan
03-01-2009, 01:06 PM
I did my first Jpop attempt last year with FFrikku and minakocat as Suzuki Airi in Buono!'s Honto no Jibun. This year.....I'm not sure if I'll be doing any Jpop or Jrock...I'm in that kinda brain-dead spot, where I see an outfit, and I think "Hmmm....maybe....", about everything. XDXD

In Gyaruru's Boom Boom Meccha Maccho, Tokito Ami's outfit is cute, but idk~.

Haru_no_Yuki
03-01-2009, 01:38 PM
aahhh...visual kei jrockers ~_~
my life, my love of visual kei n_n
If me, I'll be going as Ruki or Uruha n_n
I have the Guren costume n_n

minakocat
03-01-2009, 04:35 PM
ChickenDoughnut:: oh yea definitely! i'm so excited about it. AND i freakin loved your Ayaya cosplay! soooo cute! I can't wait to see your Kira! :)

I used a wig for when i cosplayed Koharu, but i ended up just keeping my hair natural for the Elegies costume because we never really specified which girl we were dressing up as! lol, tho for Reina i'm actually already keeping my hair a bit darker and i'm gonna style it like hers :D

double00beaver
03-02-2009, 12:15 AM
In Gyaruru's Boom Boom Meccha Maccho, Tokito Ami's outfit is cute, but idk~.

Meccha maccho, meccha boom boom the battle! -parapara- I love that song.

Kyasaren
03-02-2009, 12:33 AM
Meccha maccho, meccha boom boom the battle! -parapara- I love that song.

It's an awesome-happy-fun-time song. I don't know their names, but the girl on the far left in the bright pink competed in Women of Ninja Warrior once.

double00beaver
03-02-2009, 12:08 PM
I didn't know about that. That's pretty cool.

Anyone going to the parapara panel this year? For some reason I have bad luck every year and something makes me miss it.

Shadowoffire123
03-03-2009, 04:49 PM
What's the parapara panel? Is that that dance?

FFrikku
03-03-2009, 06:18 PM
minakocat & FFRikku~ You guys *cries* equal awesome for cosplaying Jpop!! ^^ you never see to much of it now a days :/ Tssssk! I didn't have time in my lineup this year to do it but next year for sure I want to bring Kira from KiraPika 'Hana wo Pu~n' PV :3

I think this year I might revive my Kirito 'Yuuyami Suicide' PV from ~ PIERROT for Saturday Night or something. Because I love his pants<3 :P

Oh and just curious you guys use your real hair for your Jpop/Jrock?

(OT: i regret not realizing who you were at the FYE meetup back in December, i would have glomped you harder and probably kidnapped you and taken you home xD)

j-pop is my LIFE along with K-pop now poking its head in :)
im really not a fan of koharu herself bun i love her chance! dress and want to make one someday.

shara: Gyaruru's Boom Boom Meccha Maccho YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!! i love that parapara, we gotta do that one together sometime xDDD

double00beaver
03-04-2009, 02:29 PM
What's the parapara panel? Is that that dance?

Parapara is a type of dance, yes. It's moving side to side and using elaborate hand movements to jpop/jtechno...anything you can. xD

xlynx
03-05-2009, 01:09 PM
mmmmmmm para para xD

ChickenDoughnut
03-06-2009, 08:32 PM
Minakocat~ :3 THANKYOU! That dress was so fruity and like sitting on a giant marshmallow XD it was awesome.
Haha, That works! I just always saw Jpop & Jrock etc. people use there real hair which is crazy cause some--errr MOST of them have insane hairstyles. O.O

FFrikku~ XD no kidnapping please!
J-pop is amazing but it's really hard to choose between it and J-rock O.O
Eh K-pop really?! ♥ Super Junior ♥ is wonderfully great, but TVXQ/DBSK are really good to!
aww Chance Kusumi! Please do it, that would be soo cute! :3

Oh geez ParaPara, :p It's so amusing to watch but now I can't look at people doing it without laughing thinking of a 'Poitrine' PV XD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPKrFef_rHM&feature=related

Just guessing I bet some of you guys know like 50 different Parapara dances...Now how the heck do you not mix them all up!?Ņ Seriously I tried learning the Mickey Mouse March one (XD) and then Night of Fire and kept messing up hehe.

double00beaver
03-07-2009, 01:42 PM
It just comes naturally after awhile. Once the music starts, you just know. Sort of like the Macarena or the Electric Slide, you just know how to do it.xD

Kingfisher Girl
03-08-2009, 07:30 AM
This is going to be our first Animazement, and my friend (kitayama) and I are going to try our best to cosplay W from here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrbRYlIH95o&fmt=18) (2:03). No promises, though. ( ̄▽ ̄;;)

But either way, allow me to humbly jump on the parapara wagon! :toothy: Iím gonna hit that panel like a bullet train~

Shara-chan
03-08-2009, 12:05 PM
shara: Gyaruru's Boom Boom Meccha Maccho YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!! i love that parapara, we gotta do that one together sometime xDDD

Yeah!!! That was my first parapara I learned, I think. ^-^ But that'll be fun! Along with the Buono! dances, of course. XDXD

DarkmetalJ
03-08-2009, 06:30 PM
I will be competing in the kareoke tournament while i am there. So i will be showing up as Diabolos Gackt. Doubt i will put my hair in rows though.

xlynx
03-08-2009, 09:49 PM
I'm still tring to master the Boom Boom Meccha Maccho para para
I can do a good amount of it lol

mabey i'll practice more of it before con and then master it lol

double00beaver
03-09-2009, 12:04 PM
I will be competing in the kareoke tournament while i am there. So i will be showing up as Diabolos Gackt. Doubt i will put my hair in rows though.

Oh wow, I'd really like to get photos of your outfit.

-laughs- At this point, I might as well ditch my jrock cosplay plans and just take photos of everyone.

DarkmetalJ
03-09-2009, 01:04 PM
Oh wow, I'd really like to get photos of your outfit.

-laughs- At this point, I might as well ditch my jrock cosplay plans and just take photos of everyone.

Thank you I'd appreciate that greatly. Def make sure you get some shots of me singing. I won AUSA's Tournament a year or so back. I'm gonna be doing something special for AZ ^_^

FFrikku
03-09-2009, 07:21 PM
This is going to be our first Animazement, and my friend (kitayama) and I are going to try our best to cosplay W from here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrbRYlIH95o&fmt=18) (2:03). No promises, though. ( ̄▽ ̄;;)

But either way, allow me to humbly jump on the parapara wagon! :toothy: Iím gonna hit that panel like a bullet train~
yay more H!P cosplayers!! ikve been trying to find a friend to do W dances with xD

LadyEos
03-09-2009, 08:05 PM
My Kaya cosplay is almost done now. The wig was just shipped to my house today and now I just need to procure white opera gloves and a necklace that would work. @_@ Finished top/skirt/veil will be done by May 1st. x3

I can't wait to debut it at Animazement. >w<