PDA

View Full Version : Ayumi Hamasaki goth dress

Mako-san
07-27-2003, 10:22 AM
I was watching Ayumi Hamaskai's video I thinks its "believe" I really could be wrong i can't remember the name of the video now. But she is being chases by people that look like her.

well anyway I love that goth outfit she wears and was wondering if anyone has cosplayed it? or will cosplay it?

tx

Cyber Wolf
07-27-2003, 10:25 AM
Ooo, the "Ourselves" vid! I love that video! XD I was thinking of cosplaying it but I just have to much on my plate right now ^^;

Are you gonna cosplay it?

Mako-san
07-27-2003, 02:27 PM
yep! I really want too!! I watch it at least once a day!!, I might make some modifications, like I really don't like what she got going on top of her head o_o heheh
but yeah i want too maybe for neko con or sometime next year!!
Thats right "Ourselves" hehehe I also like "Real me" the white outfit she wears to so cute!

Cyber Wolf
07-27-2003, 04:51 PM
Yeah! I love the "Real Me" outfit. That skirt is so fluffy and cool *_*

Limeyaku
07-31-2003, 12:58 AM
the white dance outfit is actually pants. XD oooh! does anyone have a pic or link to the video? *_* i wanna see.

meep!~ i took it upon myself to find what i was looking for. XD

http://www.eneabba.net/ayu/video/videoclips/34.Ourselves.htm theres a link to many mnay screencaps from the video. hope that helps even though theyre so small! i think i found my halloween costume though >D WOOOOooooooooo supergoth ayu! *0*

Delirium-Zer0
08-06-2003, 01:05 AM
I'd LOVE to do the goth ayu from the "ourselves" video, if not for the danged Christina Aguilera video where she's wearing a similar dress... ^^;; My advice, put LOTS of emphasis on ayu's face make up if you're gonna do that outfit. The differences between ayu and Christina's costumes needs to be made as clear as possible. Also, maybe bring someone along dressed as normal-ayu, or someone dressed as one of those crazy ayu fans in one of those masks. That'd make your costume easier to recognize.

manaxmana
08-09-2003, 10:48 AM
AH! That's so cool! Do you have a clear picture of that goth dress? I feel like cosplaying it~!!

Mako-san
08-11-2003, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by Limeyaku
the white dance outfit is actually pants. XD oooh! does anyone have a pic or link to the video? *_* i wanna see.

meep!~ i took it upon myself to find what i was looking for. XD

http://www.eneabba.net/ayu/video/videoclips/34.Ourselves.htm theres a link to many mnay screencaps from the video. hope that helps even though theyre so small! i think i found my halloween costume though >D WOOOOooooooooo supergoth ayu! *0*

oh wow Thanks Limeyaku! for the link it will help alot with the construction of this dress!! Many Many thanks!

Delirium-Zer0
08-12-2003, 03:22 AM
I took a bunch of screen caps from the video as well...they're bigger but kinda blurry. Not bad though, and they're sixty-some screenshots just of the parts where she's in that dress, so you can get a better look at the makeup, construction, and fingernails (trust me, the nails are essential for doing a good ayu cosplay, she's KNOWN for the things). If you want I can upload them for you.

manaxmana
08-12-2003, 08:13 AM
hey erm.. i'd not mind ne! I'd really love to cosplay that goth dress image ^-^ I have a couple of screencaps but they are close up shots of her face instead. I need to see how the dress's constructed so i can start >.<

Delirium-Zer0
08-13-2003, 02:46 AM
here ya go... http://www.spiffys.com/~delirium0/ourselvesdress

manaxmana
08-14-2003, 10:16 AM
thanks babe!!!!

Delirium-Zer0
08-16-2003, 11:00 PM
Anytime ^^ If anyone else needs help with any ayu cosplays let me know, i have good pictures of pretty much every major outfit she's ever done and if I don't have them I know where to get them.

manaxmana
08-17-2003, 12:35 AM
Great.. You're on my Ayumi-resource list now.. heh heh!

Delirium-Zer0
08-18-2003, 06:40 PM
LOL no problem ^_~

LiL QoH
08-20-2003, 01:39 PM
oooooo :B would anyone have a link to where I could download the video?

Delirium-Zer0
08-20-2003, 03:45 PM
This is all i can find... my friend nick uploaded it to a Yahoo! Breifcase. Usually i hate those but the Australian servers (where he uploaded it) are for some reason much faster o_O

Yahoo! Breifcase: requires HJSplit (search for it on google, it's a TINY program and very easy to find)

it's a 512x384, 68 MB Mpeg file when put together.
User IDs:
ourselves_512_384_1
ourselves_512_384_2
ourselves_512_384_3
ourselves_512_384_4
password for all: 123456

It should still be there in its entirety... if it's not, feel free to find me on AIM and ask me for the video so I can send it to you. Of if you'd prefer a smaller, quicker-to-download file, i can do that too. :P

Mako-san
08-23-2003, 12:37 PM
hay i was wondering what kind of fabric would be the best choice for this outfit?

Delirium-Zer0
08-23-2003, 11:50 PM
it's hard to tell...it looks like some is pleather and some is feathers or really long faux fur and i think the skirt is chiffon over scrunched-up black fabric (after watching it in the display at Kinokuniya)... dunno what fabric it is exactly but it's not heavy. i think that she's wearing fishnet tights too, but i can't see it too well. I would go for pleather since that'd be the right effect and in any other costume that'd be warm, but this particular costume really does give you enough air since the top is kinda loose and it's just a short skirt & boots on your legs.

Yuna
08-24-2003, 04:42 AM
I accually plan to do this costume sometime next year too! =D I've been totally reasearching it too, and my cost estimates for the boas alone (she has like three FULL boas on that thing) is $220 XD;; That's counting out the knee length vinyl boots she has on, crepe-mesh looking fabric for the base and about 5 yards of heavy-weight Chiffon for the cape... very expensive costume ^^;;; I hope I do it justice though! =D

*waves @ Delirium-Zer0* It's Nessa for the Ayu board ^-^;

Mako-san
08-24-2003, 12:51 PM
wow! hmm i better start finding fabrics while stuff is on sale now!! hmm not to mention the wig which will have to be a custom wig. and her nails wow! I wonder if i take a picture to a nail shop can they recreate it!

Delirium-Zer0
08-26-2003, 01:38 AM
*waves* Hi hi nessa!! I figured i'd find you here. :P

Yet another reason why i don't think i'll EVER be cosplaying this. But i'd like to do her Real Me silver outfit sometime. :P~

Yuna
08-29-2003, 06:06 AM
OMG... same here Zer0... in fact I'd prolly do "Real Me" before "Ourselves"... I had planned to make it for this passed A-Kon, but I couldn't find the perfect fabric... which they had in Yardage town last time I went. We'll have to take pics at a con or something *o* That would rock so hard!! XD~

Delirium-Zer0
08-31-2003, 01:09 AM
Oh totally!! XD

A Big ayu group cosplay would be REALLY fun, maybe at expo one year. Hmmm... that's an idea to toss around. :)

Yuna
08-31-2003, 06:13 AM
OMG... I'll prolly have my first Ayu costume for Ani-Magic!! I'm so excited XD~ It's so the easy...

manaxmana
08-31-2003, 08:27 AM
and i think the skirt is chiffon over scrunched-up black fabric (after watching it in the display at Kinokuniya)... dunno what fabric it is exactly but it's not heavy.

Uh-oh... I made my skirt out of pleated pleather. >.< I skipped the yards and yards of endless chiffon that was hung behind her in one of the scene.

>.< My photos are not up yet.. garrghghg....~!

Mako-san
09-01-2003, 10:33 AM
oh lets us know when you get it up I would love to see it!

manaxmana
09-03-2003, 03:54 AM
it's up! (kinda) >.<;; I think I've thrashed Ayumi's image badly!

LadyGackt
09-03-2003, 11:27 AM
it's up! (kinda) >.<;; I think I've thrashed Ayumi's image badly!

OMG thats awesome XD i envy you

Delirium-Zer0
09-07-2003, 09:54 PM
WOW that turned out really really good!! ^_____^ Now i'm all glad I could help n stuff. :) (and thanks for the credit XD) I think it looks very cool. Nice job!! ^__^

manaxmana
09-08-2003, 05:41 AM
Thank you delirium 0~ I didnt do the hat thingy on her hair cus it looks like a pile of hair and stuffs from afar xD And my nails arent long enough. >.< I might re do it in future :P

Mako-san
12-08-2003, 04:59 PM
Hiya folks reviving this thread!!

But I was wondering to those that made this outfit, what kind of sleeves does she have, I've watched the video a million times and looked at the pics but the only thing I can figure out is that is sorta a kimono sleeve. But tight at the upper arm part then bells out like a kimono? Is this right? I'm making the outfit right now and this part is confusing me.
Also does she wear a vinyl Obi? or is it more like a waist cincher?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
Thankies

manaxmana
12-09-2003, 11:22 AM
I'm not very sure about the sleeves. I did mine like a long kimono sleeve and trimmed the hem with lots of fur.

And I wore a pvc obi belt. It aint right. I suppose it's a waist clincher with some button details.

Hope that helps! Good luck, hun. I'd wanna see photos!

Mako-san
12-11-2003, 11:13 AM
Thank you sooo much!! Of course I'll post pics!! Just got my boots yesterday @_@ boy will my feet hurt! But for the love of cosplay I will survive!! heheheh

demoneyeskyo
12-14-2003, 04:35 PM
do o zo ro yo shi ku

SongstressRikku
12-20-2003, 03:52 PM
Has anyone ever cosplayed as Ayumi? I'd love to see that. ^-^

Mako-san
12-21-2003, 09:10 AM
yeah i think lots of people has cosplayed as her, from the ourselves video to the surreal video, if you do a search for Ayumi Hamasaki cosplay I'm sure you will get results from either here or at Cosplay Lab.com or ACP. etc.

UnwantedKikyo
12-23-2003, 08:47 PM
*sighs* Im making it cause drake told me too...hehe I might have it done for katsu. but shesh!! yea I have no clue if its an obi or what...lucky me I already had boots like hers ^_^ and the sleeves im making them kimono like too..tight at the top and get looser as they go and bigger...hehe but I really needed those pics thanx!!!

LunarYoma
12-25-2003, 02:54 PM
seen parts of that video. couldnt even remember the name of it. Anyway, if ya gonna be making that dress, make it as distinict as possible & try to avoid it looking like the dress christina argulara had in her video. both dresses look very similiar.
as for the makeup, try to copy it as exactly as possible.

angelcosmos
12-27-2003, 03:28 PM
Wow, I haven't been paying too much attention with jpop in over year after Hikki (Utada Hikaru) is taking a "break" and studying at a university in NY. =(

Ayumi looks different now compared to her past cm. Her eyes looks a bit tiring, I guess being in the spotlight must be really stressful on single/album sales and etc.

http://k-tai.impress.co.jp/cda/article/news_toppage/4376.html <-- promo @ cellphone

http://panasonic.jp/dc/index.html <-- Ayu looks like an anime character, too much airbrushing *argh* but the camera is nice. hee hee

Would I be able to find the latest cm of Ayumi from Kazaa? Lately, I haven't been using it because of all the suing going on because of the music biz. ^_^:

Also, how the heck do you screencap music videos? o_0; You can't just hit "printscreen" on the keyboard because that doesn't work, ne? Is it a program or something? If anyone knows, can you please help me? *x*