PDA

View Full Version : Costumes planned for Yaoicon 2003

Eurobeat King
07-27-2003, 12:32 PM
Hey everyone,

With all the planning that's going into Animagic, I thought I might liven this forum up a little by asking you all what costumes you have planned for Yaoicon 2003, which is 2 weeks after Animagic. Here's my list of costume list:

-Shinji Ikari (Evangelion)
-Trowa Barton (Gundam Wing)
-Trowa Barton (GW: Endless Waltz, Marimaya-uniform)
-Ryosuke Takahashi (Initial D) WITH the FC3S
-Tsuzuki (Yami no Matsuei)

Sorry, no Saitou this year (ArtWolf must be happy.. heehee) for the bishonen auction, although if my friend is going to go up there, I might return to the auction for a 2nd time.. :thumbsup: We'll see.. ;)

See you all there, yaoi-fans! :skidude:

Michi
07-27-2003, 12:40 PM
I have nothing new planned for YaoiCon, 'cause all of my costume ideas are boys! Heh. I'll be bringing my Hot Limit T.M.Revolution costume there, though, and possibly something else.

SohjiroX
07-27-2003, 09:15 PM
Muraki, and possibly Tatsume, time to go back and have fun again, man it was a blast last time, you even got to have fun with Kenshin Al.

almost forgot, Van as well for for my friend, I know she is going to have fun parading me around for a day or so, I think.

editing this: I'm retireing Muraki and Tatsume after an insadent so i wont be doing them unless begged really. And Van is a possiblility since i got a hair cut. But i'll be doing Kusanagi from KOF 2002 75% sure of that and if not i'll be bringing a hurt Tsuzuki definatly. but Kusanagi is my big choice.

Edited yet again for the final time: I am doing Tatsume still, my special Tsuzuki, and Kusanagi.....thats final, the Tsuzuki though will be for the ticket line only since i was asked to join a full group of yami no matsuei people.....lucky me really. Kusanagi will be later on though when my cuz and his girl are ready to cosplay.

Padme Skywalker
07-28-2003, 04:00 PM
Im gonna be plain & actually wear my fuku & maybe if I can go as a geisha...thatd be nice...we'll see.

Karisu-sama
07-28-2003, 10:18 PM
Dilandau, no duh...
And whatever else I manage to come up with... (Prob. bring my Uchikake again - I like that look)

Psychotic Jei
07-28-2003, 10:25 PM
:: count on fingers :: Tsuzuki.....Seto Kaiba....and Folken.

SohjiroX
07-29-2003, 04:51 AM
Cool a Tsuzuki.....heheh...sorry....well I finally finished injured Van and he really....loooks.....like he got the crapped kicked out of him.....but Muraki I have to think, if i do Van i'll be god for saken bloody, so I have to decide when and such, to bad there isn't gathering at this con for such things, but I know I will do Van for atleast some of the day if not all for Dilandau up there.

ElleHazard
07-31-2003, 05:40 AM
(*un-lurks*)

Well I AM one of those crazy GW groupies, so I'll definitely be Wufei (on the day of the GW panel, most likely). I'm also currently working on fan tour Mana... or the cape, bloomers, and crazy blue spikes protruding from blue pigtails as hair Mana. (The wig is being commissioned from Katie Bair, so it'll be great, I'm sure!)

I'm still deciding on whether I should do Rosiel or not... I've pretty much lost the motivation for him though. What I might do instead of Rosiel is dress myself and 3 of my friends up as Kenichi, Suoh, Ethan and Killian from an online manga called Your Wings Are Mine (http://www.aoihayashi.com/art/characters.html). Nice little love trian... er... pentagram there. Plus easy outfits, but I want to go all out with styled wigs and colored contacts if we do these...

And that is the story of my life (long message, 3 costumes >b Blah.)

Kaname
07-31-2003, 04:14 PM
Hopefully either Kikumaru from Prince of Tennis or Sasuke from Naruto.

I drove past the Parc 55 hotel last Tuesday- it looks really nice! Great area too- not only is it right around the corner from my school, but it's a short walk to shopping heaven. ^_~

I've never been to a Yaoi con before though...I'd feel kinda weird riding the BART in-costume. ^^;

Apsara
07-31-2003, 09:23 PM
I'm going as Kurikara (Ryu-oh) from Yami no Matsuei. If I can finish it on time, then I'll have Calantz Jerivinan of Magna Carta. If not, Kurikara will do just fine...although I wonder how I'm going to lug the sword through airport security. >.< Nightmare...

Apsara

Psychotic Jei
08-01-2003, 01:46 AM
omfg. Kurikara. How awesome. and omfg Your Wings are Mine.

Michi
08-01-2003, 01:54 AM
o_O Wow my post here said "all of my costume ideas are boys" and I meant to say AREN'T! Oh well. ^_^;

KelBebop
08-01-2003, 02:00 AM
Not 100% sure what all I will wear, since I don't know how many days I'll be there! I'm hoping to have version 2 of Gatti (Dragonslayer from Escaflowne) finished in time, and there may be a small contingent (an elf, a hobbit, a dwarf) from One Ring Circus.

Or I might just be a complete lazy bum and just wear a costume that requires absolutely no work, like Vash the Stampede. :)

All good things,
Kel

Apsara
08-01-2003, 02:43 AM
Originally posted by Psychotic Jei
omfg. Kurikara. How awesome. and omfg Your Wings are Mine.

^_^ I doubt there's going to be any Kojirou cosplayers, but a gal from another board asked if she could harrass me when she's in her Hisoka cosplay. o.O;; I said sure...

Apsara

chai_fiend
08-01-2003, 10:07 AM
this is really OT, but anyone wanna take me w/ them when you go. i am light weight, small, and can easily fit in small spaces...just punch in air holes.

KimikoChan
08-01-2003, 05:05 PM
Hmm, well my costumes 'n stuff are all female-related, so I'll probalby just wear my regular costumes, although one day, I am thinking about being Omi from Weiss Kreuz, so that will work out then ^^

Nadeshiko
08-03-2003, 04:41 PM
I might be able to go if I'm not due back in SoCal that weekend (monthly visit to folks).

As far as cosplay? I really don't know yet...I could cosplay as a straight female character in a an anime that's full of yaoi potentials?

Teteiyusu
08-03-2003, 10:49 PM
Hello!

I'm planning on being Juste Belmont from Castlevania and mabe young Cloud Strife of soldier, I hope I have time to make him.
So much to do, so little time...

vile1
08-05-2003, 04:48 AM
I have my next costume planned out PERFECTLY!

I'm gonna go as a raped schoolgirl. XD

Seeing as I'm a guy, it should be pretty acceptable at Yaoi-Con. Just hope i dont gross some people out muwaahahahaha!

Eurobeat King
08-16-2003, 03:37 PM
I said it last year and I'll say it again:

Someone should cosplay as the characters from "Boku No Sexual Harrassment", like the two main characters. (forgot their names) The costumes are basically just business suits, but the props they carry around would be a bottle of vodka, tequila, etc. and the infamous stalk of corn (corn on the cob!) :devil: heehee "Corn! Corn! Corn!" Just something to think about, since BNS has become a cult-favorite at yaoicon since 2001, so why not have people cosplay from the anime? ;)

elfinder
08-17-2003, 11:26 AM
Well I am probably going! *must find job*......so yeah this is what I'm probably bringing.

Tatsumi from Yami no Matsuei
Yuki from Fruits Basket
Shuichi schoolgirl from Gravitation
Allen from Escaflowne

SohjiroX
08-18-2003, 03:48 AM
Tatsumi of course, but for one quick hour, a fan girl Tsuzuki I'm doing and possibly a quick Muraki. al from yami no matsuei

ACXchan
08-19-2003, 03:30 AM
The infamous corn made its appearance (sort of ^ ^; ) during Yaoi Con 2002's LARP frighteningly XD I think people are too shy to cosplay BNH, tripod and all LOL. I'm going to YCon '03 as...

Terazuma from Yami no Matsuei, I'm trying to get my hands on a nightstick, muahahaha...
Ma-kun from Gravitation

I'm not sure what my third costume will be, I might just end up rotating five costumes or something crazy like that but I do have Schuldig from Weiss Kreuz in mind ^ ^

Michi
08-19-2003, 04:54 AM
Okay so, T.M.R costume didn't work out... For YaoiCon I have no idea what I'll wear. XD;; Oh well. There's some time..

cactusmomma
08-19-2003, 04:38 PM
as stated in another thread, i'll either wear the king cos (ala 2k or aof -pretending to be a guy baybee~-) or hisoka from hxh

Reno_kun
08-20-2003, 04:25 PM
if i can go i will do robert garcia..

ayonoi
08-22-2003, 10:17 PM
Hmmm, I can't remember if I cosplayed last year...oh yeah, I did Ryutaro from Plastic Tree since I did J-rock videos. I am doing it again this year soooo...maybe I will do a mana-ish cosplay and then if i finish in time, I am doing one of the Shikigamis from YnM soo Al, you are my Tsuzuki! Mwhahahahahahahah!

You know, the BNS cosplaying is almost tempting (you know I have not had corn on the cob since the first Y-Con!) Claudine knows what I mean, that was the BEST showing!

Alma

Uriel_Sama
08-23-2003, 04:24 PM
Uriel from Angel Sanctuary, that nice leather Hades outfit... first on the list, though I'll be working most of the time, I think, at a booth...

I MIGHT, if I can get the visor figured out, try for Touda from YnM.

Zania
08-23-2003, 09:09 PM
Being the Gundam Wing fangirl that I am, I must cosplay as one... again. My goal is to eventually do all of Trowa's costumes. This year I'm going as Preventer Trowa. I'll probably bring my clown costume along, though, just for fun ///_^

PikminLink
08-24-2003, 01:53 AM
um....is there like some kind of limit thing on what you can wear??....like ...can you wear anything?..or..? ....im thinking of wearing link if i go...but not sure....um....

oh yeah..is yaoi con..a day time thing...or is it night....because why is it..that only 18 years or older can go..*thats what i heard* ...>_> <_< ..

ACXchan
08-24-2003, 09:00 PM
It's 18 and over because alot of the material and showings at YCon are sexually explicit. BNS is not something you want to show to 13 year olds because if parents find out YCon could get into serious trouble ^ ^;; Their site has information on the age restriction deal.

Uriel_sama, are you going to get some chains too XD?

katchoo
08-24-2003, 09:48 PM
I'm bringing a shuichi from gravitation and hopefully my hayato from duel jewel will be done by then. This will be my first yaoi con so I can't wait to go! Anyone know if hotel is still available?

Michi
08-25-2003, 08:08 PM
WAHAHA I have a costume now~ Yabuki Shingo from The King of Fighters. I'll have a Kyo and possibly a Kusanagi (from 2002) with me as well. :D!

ElleHazard
08-26-2003, 08:25 PM
Zania: !!! ^^ Okay, so you probably don't know me too well (despite our mutual friending on LJ), but I'm very happy to see you here. I was actually kinda sad that you and your sister were at cosplaylab and not here, so I'm elated you've joined! I really look forward to seeing your Trowa(s).

As it turns out more plans are forming as an extra friend is added to my party (I'm actually going inbetween rooms of a group of online friends and a group of local friends. This would be an add-on to my local group).
To put it simply my guy friend going to the con with the local group boyfriended another guy friend of mine who's had more con experience but didn't think he'd actually go to Yaoi-con before this. (um, Add-On -- Tora -- was at the last AX, see (http://images.cosplay.com/photo.php?photo=5785&exhibition=28)? Obviously I'm ecstatic about bringing him).

Since I'm helping them with details on their costumes, I'll also list them here:
Tidus and Wakka - FFX (*cough* Conveniently forgetting the het-stuff)
Ethan and Killian - Your Wings Are Mine (Maybe. I originally planned the whole YWAM group before Tora jumped in. I ordered a suit so whether it fits the originally intended girl or Tora will decide who takes that costume.)
Yuki and Shuuichi - Gravitation (We're still seeing about this too.)