PDA

View Full Version : Call Me Princess

Tenjou
07-27-2003, 05:56 PM
I finally picked up "Call Me Princess" last night at a bookstore. It's so cute! ^_^ I hope to find some more of Tomoko Taniguchi's work (like Aquarium, Princess Prince) soon.

Does anyone else like this cute shoujo manga? Or Tomoko Taniguchi's work in general?

makonurikoryoko
07-27-2003, 11:50 PM
I Adore her!!!!! ::worships her::
I better get to g to Shoujocon and meet her ;_; Ive been dyin too!!! Shes so awsome I love all of her stories! But I think I like Aquarium most cause its depressing good fun lol XD I love her stuff !! XD

Tenjou
07-28-2003, 10:23 AM
LOL you have to go to SC!! Then we can walk around with starry eyes worshipping her XD I wonder if they'll have an autograph session with her? That would be cool! I'm already thinking of making a Makoto costume if I have time ^^;;

I haven't seen Aquarium anywhere but I read the ad for it in the back of Call Me Princess. It sounds pretty interesting!

Luna Selene
07-28-2003, 06:15 PM
Tenjou...I just love how our tastes in manga just seem to line right up with each other >D

Tomoko Taniguchi is my favorite shoujo manga artist, hands down. I've read Call Me Princess, Princess Prince, and Aquarium, and I've loved them all, despite how different their plotlines are. I definetely reccommend picking up the other books! You'll be glad you did ~_^

makonurikoryoko
07-29-2003, 12:55 AM
I wish theyd publish mor eof her stuff!!! XD MORE MORE MORE! We should go aroun starry eyed... and they best be having an autograph session if I go! XD I'll run up to her and make her sign something if not! ^_^ hehe I was thinkin of doing a makoto dress too lol Which one did you wanna do so we dont match hehe :D

Tenjou
07-29-2003, 11:20 AM
Luna~ heehee! ^^ I know! that's awesome you like her too! ^^ my other favorites are Sailormoon, Utena, Shaolin Sisters, and Clover. too bad the books are sorta hard to come by but I heard that Central Park Manga will be re-releasing Call Me Princess and Aquarium soon.

(taken from rightstuf.com)
"CPM Manga Re-Releases!
CPM is giving their manga line a whole new look, with a smaller trim-size, and lower price points!

Starting things off will be the release of Tomoko Tamaguchi's Popcorn Romance. Then, following close after will be re-printings of four past titles: Call Me Princess, Nadesico vol. 1, Dark Angel vol. 1, and Aquarium! If you missed any of these the first time around, here's your chance to catch them on the rebound!"

yay! ^^

Mako~ Actually, in October they're releasing "Popcorn Romance".Rightstuf has it for $9.99 (http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827/catalogmgr/Et6EDaxN2cRUP87UAE/browse/item/60539/4/0/0) If they do have an autograph session, I hope she'll sign my copy of Call Me Princess. ^o^ that would make me SO happy. I attached a picture of what dress/outfit I'm making. It's the one on the cover of the graphic novel =D (I made the necklace yesterday - the full picture of it is in my gallery. :D)

makonurikoryoko
07-29-2003, 01:08 PM
ooo Awsome!!!
And thats a cute dress ^_^ I think I wantto do the one on the first Call me Princess issue cover, I dont have a pic of it-_- ;
but its got big flowers and its cute and it may be in th egraphic ovel, Im not sure cause i only have the individual issues

Tenjou
07-29-2003, 01:23 PM
I tried a search for you - the only picture I came up with is this puny one. I think this is the one you're talking about:

https://secure.centralparkmedia.com/dbimages/CMX_1616.gif

In the back of the graphic novel, they show all the covers of the individual comics. It's quite nifty ^_^ all in black and white format, though.

-edit- oh yeah, I found this site a little while ago. it's so cool! it has scans and summaries of most of Tomoko's works! ^_^ the only problem with it is that it hasn't been updated in awhile, but it still rox. =D here it is: http://www.kyoshinsha.net/callme/

rei_hino
07-29-2003, 02:21 PM
I read Call me Princess and Aquarium. . .she left her e-mail. I e-mailed her but there was some sort of mistake@_@

Luna Selene
07-29-2003, 08:00 PM
Hee. I read Sailor Moon and Utena, but sort of bypassed Clover and Shaolin Sisters. In terms of Shoujo, my big series besides ones listed are Peach Girl, Paradise Kiss, Marmalade Boy, and Kare Kano.

Still, the sheer identical likes of not-as-well-known manga amuses me. Everyone should have good taste like Tenjou. >D and everyone else that's amused by Planet Ladder and Tomoko Taniguchi's works...^-^ all...20 of us, maybe. >D

makonurikoryoko
07-29-2003, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by rei_hino
I read Call me Princess and Aquarium. . .she left her e-mail. I e-mailed her but there was some sort of mistake@_@

Yes Ive tried to email her as well but I always got an error ;_; We will have to ask her about this at Shoujocon.
And yes thats the dress I wa sthinking of ^-^
http://www.geocities.com/tokyo/club/8804/p-cover1.jpg - found a pic
its cute, but I think Im gonna go look through all her manga to make sure theres nothing else I wanna do lol

Tenjou
07-30-2003, 09:33 AM
Rei~ Really? =( thanks for telling this. I was going to email her, but oh well.

Luna~ Shaolin Sisters is a sequel/alternate reality for the series Juline. ^o^ maybe you've heard of that before. I think Juline is more popular than SS. I like Peach Girl, but the only stuff I have of it is the old issues of SMILE when it was in there. I picked up a few of the graphic novels the other day and it was like traveling through time XD but I'd like to buy some of those when I get a chance to. and isn't there another Peach Girl series out now? something like "Change of Heart"? =^^= thank you for the compliment. I was thinking of buying these other lesser-known titles - Forbidden Dance, Shutterbox, Baby Birth, Zodiac Pi, Shirahime-Syo, Man of Many Faces, and Demon Diary. :D

Mako~ We should! Maybe she has a panel or something where fans can ask her questions? the SC page doesn't list any events with her in it yet, though --; maybe while we're getting autographs she won't mind if fans ask her a question or two. maybe she had to change the address because she was getting lots of mail? who knows. ^^;

heehee! that dress is so cute! (looks a lot better in that big picture, I can see it a lot better) XD you could be blonde-haired Mako and I could be green/blue-haired Mako! hmmm.. her school uniform is pretty cute =D

jen_kat
07-30-2003, 09:44 PM
I love her works... I haven't heard of "Popcorn Romance"..I'll look into it.

Yup yup, well "Change of Heart" isn't really another Peach Girl series, it's just the continuation of Peach Girl, but they kinda did it like a different arc, like what they did with the Card Captor Sakura graphic novels.

Those lesser known titles are usually good. I'm gonna look into them when they come out. (Demon Diary is good... ^-^)

cactusmomma
07-31-2003, 12:03 AM
PRINCESSPRINCESSPRINCESSPRINCESSPRINCESSPRINCESSPR INCESSPRINCESSPRINCESSPRINCESSPRINCESSPRINCESSPRIN CESSPRINCESSPRINCESSPRINCESSPRINCESSPRINCESSPRINCE SSPRINCESSPRINCESSPRINCESSPRINCESSPRINCESSPRINCESS PRINCESSPRINCESSPRINCESSPRINCESSPRINCESSPRINCESSPR INCESSPRINC-...wrong anime :P cookie to who can name the groveling!

Chibi Bunni
08-05-2003, 07:06 PM
I haven't read Call Me Princess yet...I guess it's because it sounds a lot like Marmalade Boy. The thing that sucked about Marmalade Boy was the back...it always gave away the whole volume...x.x

Jubie-Chan
08-08-2003, 11:24 PM
oh ya, i read almost all her manga (it seems discontinued...) its all good and she's coming to the BAAF for autograph signing... ^-^ so i'll get it i guess