PDA

View Full Version : Hour of enlightenment.

Alexia Ikyu
07-27-2003, 08:14 PM
I am so nervous at the moment. I just threw my first solely completed costume part in the washer all finished. My mother usually stole my projects and finished them when I wasn't looking, she is a sewing fanatic. :rolleyes: Just nervous that the skirt for my Fuko Kuzuha costume will fall apart in the wash. I stitched everything nice and tight... but it's my first costume and god I'm worried. :(

I've work really hard on this skirt. Learned a whole lot about what to do and what not to do. Also figured out how to easily do button holes... also learned my machine randomly decides to hate my guts. :mad:

All should be well, I hope! :D

khamryn
07-27-2003, 10:29 PM
>.>

Word of advice: Unless the fabric is dry-clean only, I suggest washing everything before you sew with it to make sure that it doesn't shrink of anything. (You might already do that, but its a good thing to do IMHO ^_^)

Usually a costume won't fall apart in the wash.. think about your clothes. ^_^ They were all made on machines/hand-sewn as well and they hold up fine... I don't think you need to worry n.n

Michela
07-30-2003, 03:44 PM
For future reference, if you're worried about costumes coming apart in the wash, the gentle cycle is a miracle (I make my costumes by hand, so they're extra fragile... I'm confident with the gentle cycle of my washing machine, and as paranoid as I am, that's a good thing. ^_^) If you're extremely nervous about washing, you can always hand-wash your costume.