PDA

View Full Version : Street Fighter Cammy Wig Help

Haruhi_Oosaki
02-26-2009, 02:05 AM
I'm going to cosplay Cammy from Street fighter. But one thing is missing, and thats the wig.
I need it to be in braided pigtails. I don't know if I should get a long wig and braid it or if I should get a short one and mess with extensions.

I'm a newb to wigs. Please help!

Kukkii-san
02-26-2009, 06:11 AM
You'll need to start with a thick, shoulder length wig and add a back part if you want it to look nice: http://www.pettingzoowigs.com/wigtutorial_parting.html

Even though Cammy's pigtails aren't that high, the undermesh will be visible in the back if you just part it without adding extensions.

Does she have hairties at the base of her pigtails as well? If that is the case, then you can just stub the wig right there and attach braided extensions to the stubs, then cover the joint with a hairtie. (Use loose silky straight kanekalon extensions / braiding hair and seal it with caulk at one end; make sure it's the same color number as the wig!!!)

If the pigtails are not tied at the base, I'd start with a longer base wig (but still as thick as possible), add a back part, then sew long wefts into the back of the wig so it's long and full enough to be braided like that.

Lady_Midnyte
02-26-2009, 03:05 PM
I did a make-shift part on my Cammy wig :crylaugh: but most of the wig was covered by her beret so you couldn't see the mesh (and what you did see blended in quite well with my wig cap). But I used the Enchament Wig from Amphigory.com (http://www.amphigory.com) for my wig. It's about 40 inches long which, to my surprise, made some very long braids.

Haruhi_Oosaki
03-01-2009, 06:20 PM
I think I will try the extension way. It doesn't sound to hard.
I dont think her pigtails are tied at the top. I'll have to check.

Kukkii-san
03-01-2009, 06:27 PM
Nope, they're not, I checked^^ I think a long wig (Enchantment or somewhat shorter) and a back part with loose extensions would be your best bet. Just don't cut the extensions in half when making the back part, but use them at full length. Then probably sew some additional wefts into the back of the wig if you feel like the braids need to be thicker or longer.