PDA

View Full Version : Chairman's Trophy

AM Chair
09-29-2002, 11:00 AM
Hi All,
As we've been getting the pre-reg in, I've been noting that North Cali continues to whip the South's butt in this category. This year, I'm going to start an award, the Chairman's Trophy.

Each year, this trophy will rotate to the California region that has the most pre-reg at AM. It will be held by a cosplay group that represents that region. I have my thoughts on who should get this prestigious award, but yours may vary. Here's mine. Ideally I'd like you all to come to concensus without fighting over it. Maybe the region's groups could decide to rotate the winning the title each year.

Nor Cal: AGSMA, iPlay, USA Musume

So Cal: Phoenix Seed, Everplay, Sailor Jamboree

LA County and Basin: Kie & Lilli, Rourouni Otaku, AcmeBoyz (don't know who else)

Unless San Diego has strong showing, we'll consider them as part of the south

Constructive input is always welcome. Keep in mind I'm trying to interject a little fun into what is becoming a con for cosplayers. And that's a good thing! The award goes out at Opening Ceremonies, please decide who should get it by Oct 3rd.

Someone start a poll, please

Oh yeah, we just passed 200 pre-reg!

Revell

L to the 3rd
09-29-2002, 12:14 PM
orooo?? o_o;;

Yuna
09-29-2002, 01:03 PM
::jumps::

I'm from San Diego!! So is Aeris!! Oh oh!! You gotta include us too!!!

Dragoon Knight
09-29-2002, 01:12 PM
Acme Boyz is So Cal.......but I'm not part of that group anymore @_@

Adella
09-29-2002, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by AM Chair

Unless San Diego has strong showing, we'll consider them as part of the south

San Diego is providing you this message board to post this on.

And we're about as southern California as it gets. We ARE Southern California. By god Nessa can see MEXICO from her bedroom window. Is that not So Cal?

Dragoon Knight
09-29-2002, 01:58 PM
LOL.....

Yuna
09-29-2002, 03:08 PM
Thank you Aeris... and yes, TJ is viewable from my bedroom window. I sometimes worry when the trash cans out back are out of place in the morning...

AM Chair
09-29-2002, 04:36 PM
I guess what I mean is, is there a cosplay group that hails from that region? If that's the case I'd do P-seed and that lot out in Orange County as South Central

Adella
09-29-2002, 04:49 PM
not really. We don't like to group ourselves up. We're individuals. we're the... BUMBUMBUM... ADELLANESSAJUSTIN GROUP! A.N.J!!!!

AM Chair
09-29-2002, 05:03 PM
Oh, So Justin's with you too? Tell him I said hi! A word about Justin:

Before I met Justin, I was ready to kill any guy I saw in crossplay. Seeing him in Mai costume really turned my thoughts on crossplaying around.

For him, it's an ART, not "my girl friend put me up to it" kind of thing. He crossplayed so well, my kids took bets on if Mai was a girl or not. His work is excellent, and he keeps you guessing about the gender when he out there working.

Fat guys in Card Captor Sakura battle clothes aren't safe near me yet, but true male crossplayers like Justin have my respect. The work he does earns my highest compliment: uh......sexy!

Revell

Eurobeat King
09-29-2002, 05:13 PM
I thought AGSMA and iPlay are So.Cal also, since Wayne of AGSMA and Karrie of iPlay live down there. Lily & Kie live up here in No. Cal, but they go to school down there in So.Cal. And USAMusume is sorta divided, with half living up here and the other half from So.Cal? :confused:

Ah!MyCosplay (AMC) would be considered No.Cal since the trio lives up here, although Allie is going to school in SD, and meibi also Sakura Mochi (Jenny, Gina, Thea, etc.) live up here in No.Cal.

See you all in 5 days! :skidude2:

MarshalBanana
09-29-2002, 05:24 PM
woot woot!! Rurouni Otaku pride!! wahaha!!

Wandering Otaku
09-29-2002, 11:07 PM
*stands with his foot up on a pedistal before him, (hairy) chest up and forewards, fists clenched and on his waist, kimono and hakama flowing in the wind*

Dadadadaaaaaa! Rurouni Otaku, bringing the joy of the Otaku to the world!!!!!

"Hiten Mitsurugi Ryu.... Hairy Chest Attack!!!!"

Nadeshiko
09-29-2002, 11:21 PM
As the Cali rep of Illusions Cosplay, which region of Cali do I stand in? ^^;; I have a house in Long Beach and an apartment in Santa Rosa...^^;; double count? Which side should I be loyal too? ^^;;;

*fades into dileema*

Miaka No Baka
09-30-2002, 12:51 AM
kenshin gumi are norcal/central valley some reside in bay area and some reside in modesto, then theres the one who just goes to school in NY and the one who goes to school near palm springs i think... We'll all be at Ani-magic this year XD

Miaka no Baka

Kitty
09-30-2002, 10:53 AM
UH OOOH! A.N.J!? LOL heh!
Wouldnt cosplay.com be a group of its own cause we do have cosplayers signed up and they get to put all of their pics up too.

Dragoon Knight
09-30-2002, 11:34 AM
but that's more of an archive then a group ....and peeps on cosplay.com are spread out over the US...that'd be one BIG cosplay group....

Adella
09-30-2002, 10:39 PM
yeah dude we have like over a thousand members now. and the count is going up :D

AM Chair
10-01-2002, 08:46 AM
I'm getting crazy busy, between the con, evening school and the TSA job I'm going after, I'll never get this done. Let's work this for next year. It's also gotten a little complicated. :confused:

Michi
10-02-2002, 12:47 PM
o.o Yeah. Maybe a Chairman's Trophy idea should be set for next year when it can be announced further in advance. ^_^;
And not all of us cosplayers have groups. X_x
I'm part of a couple of unofficial duets and one group but we don't live in the same area. :P

Whee that post was useless.