PDA

View Full Version : Cartoon Cartoon Cosplay (A Classic Cartoon Network Group)

Un-Kun
03-03-2009, 05:44 PM
Okay, so call me crazy but I’ve finally developed enough of a backbone to pitch this crazy idea I’ve had for a while to some of my close friends, and after their surprising support and enthusiasm, I’ve decided to open this group cosplay idea to the masses ‘cause I’m definitely gonna need some help for this doozie.

It’s a classic Cartoon Network Cartoon Cartoon cosplay, open to primarily the main characters (and possibly main villains) of the Big 5 Cartoon Network classic lineup, which include Powerpuff Girls, Dexter’s Lab, Johnny Bravo, Courage the Cowardly Dog, and Ed, Edd n Eddy.

Yes, I know I’m crazy.

I’m open to anyone willing to join, so just throw your idea out there. I’m really trying to avoid any of the new shows but certain shows might be up for consideration, ex. Grim and Evil (or the latter Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy) and Foster’s were both suggested by friends.

Primarily though I’m hoping to fill these star characters first:

Powerpuff Girls

-Blossom: Position Currently Filled

-Bubbles: Open

-Buttercup: Possibly Filled

-Professor Utonium: Open

Dexter’s Laboratory

-Dexter: Possibly Filled

-DeeDee: Possibly Filled

-Mandark: Open

Johnny Bravo

-Johnny Bravo: Open

-Suzy: Open

Courage the Cowardly Dog

-Eustace: Open

-Muriel: Open

Ed, Edd, n Eddy

-Ed: Position Currently Filled

-Edd: Position Currently Filled

-Eddy: Possibly Filled

(Master List Updated on June 12th)

Challenge Cosplays (a.k.a. things that would be amazing but more difficult than the above)

- Weasel from I Am Weasel

- Cow and Chicken from Cow and Chicken (Never really liked the show but they should have an opportunity to represent, right?)

- An actual Courage?

- Mojo Jojo (FTW!)

Random note: A Space Ghost would be freakin' awesome if anyone could manage, or a classic Tom from the original Toonami (which finally joined the CN graveyard last fall)

It’s a daunting task, but I think it would be amazing if we could get even half of the group together. Also, due to the highly stylized nature of the cartoons, I’m not holding to accuracy on appearance as much as attitude (I really want a group of Eds to be scheming and scamming all day) , although I hope certain things remain consistent such as height relations, but I’m not being picky.

So, anyone up for a group?

psycho-buNNieS
03-03-2009, 06:07 PM
Kekeke. I was kind of hoping The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack would be up on that list. <///3

I plan on cosplaying him sometime soon. XD (Not really for a con, but because I <333 him....AND I CAN IMMITATE HIS LAUGH ALMOST PERFECTLY.) And I'm in the process of writing a Kingdom Hearts meets "Stormalong Harbor" world with Flapjack in it. ;3

I'd totally do a Foster's cosplay, too though!

Un-Kun
03-03-2009, 06:15 PM
That's cool. The more the merrier!

I'm really hoping I can have the Eds though, because I've never seen them done before (As apposed to The Powerpuffs and Dexter's Lab, which although I love them, I have seen before) and a con is one of the most appropriate (not to mention potentially successful) places to try to scam- I mean get peoples money from them. What better place for the Eds ^_^ What with all those Free Pocky and Hugs signs. I can just see them trying to get something out of it.

psycho-buNNieS
03-03-2009, 06:20 PM
Hehe, I totally agree. XD

Sadly, I never really watched Ed, Edd, n Eddy. :P
I mean, what I HAVE watched it GREAT. XD
But I never have the chance to watch it. But Flapjack is almost ALWAYS on right when I get home from school and get ready to go to theater practice, so. XD

Un-Kun
03-03-2009, 06:27 PM
Yeah, that's why I'm doing all the old shows, 'cause they're being forgotten. They were my childhood. I loved those shows. I still love those shows. And I seriously think that the love for these shows needs to be shared, 'cause I know I'm not the only one out there who gets terribly nostalgic over these things (despite the fact that I'm not old enough to feel nostalgia)...

Un-Kun
03-06-2009, 08:03 PM
Ok so I was talking with some of my friends and it looks like Ed, Edd, n Eddy is almost definite. If we can't fill some of the crucial roles (we don't have anyone in our group that could be the other powerpuffs) than they're just going to switch to the neighborhood kids and we'll just make this an EEnE thing...

Dark Sarenity
03-14-2009, 10:46 PM
yay all my fav old cartoons. i grew up watching those very ones, if i wasn't already involved with three other group efforts i'd ask to join but alas i'm commited alredy :(

Foos
03-18-2009, 01:01 PM
This idea fucking rocks. I will fangirl so hard if I see it in person.

MasKasFu
03-20-2009, 04:42 PM
Ok, so I might be able to pull off a Johny, but I have one qusetion, how the hell are these shows already "classic" they are barely old, hell, all these shows still run. Scooby Doo, old, Astro Boy, old, Gatchaman, classic, Dexter's lab, NOT OLD. I mean, I have no problem with doing one of the costumes, but calling these shows classic just erks me a little. Oh well, I guess that makes me old.

Ventrilo Host
07-14-2009, 09:56 AM
Cosplay is a Japanese invention allowing them to become their favorite characters.....its more like acting since their are no game mechanics applied as there are in LARP'ing.

I'm not 100% sure but Diana is actually a 15 year old anorexic white boy who just darkened his skin with tanning oil.

I ran a booth at the Sac Anime show last year and saw a guy dressed like some woman from a fantasy anime and his skirt caught on a railing and lifted up to show that he had on a thong with the little strappy things that connect to the pantyhose. I had nightmares for a week!!!!:schitzo:

CrashingTokyo
02-07-2010, 02:09 AM
YES! I love this Idea. I've been wanting to do this for a long time. I've been cosplaying as Edd for quite a while and have thus far gotten pretty decent reviews. However, since the position is filled, I can try to do Dexter. (I actually wanted to do this costume anyway) However, even if I can't, I'll still hang with you guys as Double D to show my support. I also might be able to supply an Ed and Eddy, but I can't promise anything quite yet.

mezil
02-07-2010, 12:36 PM
This Idea is too cool for words. Some of my friends and I thought about doing that for A-kon, but only got up to EEnE.
So, I actually have an Eddy cosplay.
xD

Prota-Girl
02-07-2010, 12:55 PM
Awww man! I was hoping it could be all cartoons as the next cartoon related thing I have in store is Vladimir Plasmius from Danny Phantom...Nick cartoon. LOL But I cannot wait to see this. I got a feeling it will be completely epic! I can't wait to see this!

Un-Kun
02-07-2010, 10:13 PM
D: Dude.

Seriously.

You have got to stop reading my mind.

It's freakin' me out!

I am seriously in the process of a Danny Phantom cosplay.

What. Are. The. Odds! O-o

(But Vlad would seriously be awesome...kinda creepy though. But pretty cool. Nice choice ^_^)

Also to all the other people interested, I hadn't been watching this thread for a while, but if anyone's seriously interested, I'll get on it after Mega is over. ^_^

Prota-Girl
02-08-2010, 04:14 PM
HOLY FRIP!!!!
WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO BE GOOD DANIEL???? *dances* I planned to premier Vlad for Dragon*Con.....But I can rush for it after Megacon and try to be him for Metro.... my mom would kill me, but right noow, I don't give a crap. We could enter the costume contest together and has a dance off! 8D

And if not Metrocon.... How about AFO if I can get there? xD At this moment, I only know I am going to mega and possibly Metro...O_O So...yeah xD Uncertainty on the waaaay xD

But if you're gonna be Danny, we need to get like...power things made and stuff. I have an idea for hold my pink-ish/Purple ecto energy blasts, using like a drifty net-like material... but yeah, I'll stop geeking out now....O_O

P.S- If you have any ideas that may be able to help me out, that'd be great. xd

Un-Kun
02-08-2010, 07:18 PM
XD Geek away! (God knows I am...) But I haven't really put that much thought into it aside from the wig (which I'm starting EARLY, cause sewing wigs suck. A lot...and I might as well. I have to sew a wig for my other super secret, not anime cosplay for Megacon. Stupid cartoons and their WTF hair)

Would it be silly if I told you my motivation for this cosplay came from Universal Studios and their Amity Park? XD Seriously. I was trying to do sneak cosplays everytime I went with my friends, and while doing Stan from South Park, I thought of this, and was like :D. See, it's okay, you should know by now, I out dork you any day. :P

There's no rush, so don't kill yourself (haha, ghost, kill yourse- you know what, I'm just gonna stop this now). I have a lot of other stuff I was planning, so whenever you have it ready, I'll pull mine together. Now that I'm in the area (or more so) for most of the year, I can probably go to a lot more cons. Just keep in touch, and we'll figure it out.

(Btw, I never said I was Danny persay, but I guess I'm just transparent like that. Oh god. Another ghost pun...)

Great, now you have me thinking of ways to make glowing ecto-goo. This might get...interesting.

(P.S. I totally have my Fenton thermos almost completed too. I don't know why that was the first thing I made, I really don't....)

Prota-Girl
02-09-2010, 02:17 PM
SEE???? GENIUS!!!! And i plan to start construction on Vlad after Megacon.... I finished my mental blue prints last night...or this morning at 7:00 A.M O_O And ...Are you being Daniel? The girl Danni Phantom? HAHA And you finished the thermos!?! OH MY GOD!!! I love you right now!! xD Oh darn, I am so geeking right now. O_O

...AND I GET IT.. Cause being a ghost..and killing yourself cause you're already dead... HAH!!! xD I Should bring a plate of cheese. O_O (Random) Oh and Transparent?? OMG!!! You are making me so giddy right now! xD

And I will agree with your...WTF hair for Cartoons.... I know Vlad's is gonna kill me. O_O

Un-Kun
02-09-2010, 03:03 PM
XD Were such dorks!!

Isn't it awesome!

(Vlad's hair has nothing on Dib from IZ. I'm dying right now. D: )

We must discuss more! (Maybe I'll message you later, cause I always feel bad taking up forum space...even my own forum space....w/e)

Prota-Girl
02-09-2010, 08:56 PM
Ah agreed. PM Times.

At the same time, I may think on Professor Or something like that. xD It'd be fun to be in this group all together.

(( And are you sure about Vlad's hair? I don't even know where to start. O_O At least you're working on it. o_O )) XD

SunakoChan
02-10-2010, 05:05 PM
I will so be DeeDee :D and if my sis goes then she'll be Buttercup :)

Victoria Wings
02-25-2010, 09:14 PM
I have a friend who would do something from this in a heart beat if she were going to Metro. Too bad she isn't, I wish you luck. I'd love to see some of these come together. Especially Dexter, Courage and Ed Edd n Eddy. :)

Un-Kun
06-04-2010, 02:23 PM
Seeing as Metrocon is drawing closer and I haven't gotten any new plans, I was wondering if anyone was still interested in doing this, since it seems like a real possibility now...

I'm desprately looking for an Eddy at the moment.

So anyone still interested in joining?

Oreha
06-04-2010, 03:55 PM
Lawls. I remember when I was 8 I dressed up as blossom, my little sister dressed up as bubbles, and my mom dressed up as buttercup for halloween XD . I even dyed my hair red. *It wasnt permanent dye, but it was a ligitimate hair dye. It was one of those nice-n-easy level 1 dyes in the hairdye aisle, that washes off within a few weeks. But still, that just shows how hardcore into my cosplay i was before i even knew what cosplay was >w< haha.*

Cheebes
06-05-2010, 10:43 PM
This Sounds Amazing.

mezil
06-10-2010, 12:00 PM
I have my Eddy completed and wore it at A-kon. It was really fun cosplaying him, so I'm definitely going to bring him to Metro. xD

Un-Kun, if you're still looking for an Eddy, I'd be more then happy to fill the spot. I also may have an Ed with me. Pretty sure I can convince my friend into it... =]

JFBount
06-11-2010, 02:07 AM
Wow ... WOOOOOOWWWW... Is this thread really happening ? lol

I'm sorry i've been kinda keeping my Saturday cosplay a secret and very few know about this. I actually got messaged about this thread and I'm in utter amazement that what I've been planning will actually have a group to be apart of... I can't WAIT for Metro now!!!!!

Prota-Girl
06-11-2010, 12:44 PM
...Now that I think on it... could Candle Jack count? O.O *quickly taken away*

Un-Kun
06-12-2010, 07:24 PM
mezil: Seriously!? That would be amazing! I have been searching high and low for an Eddy, but to no avail. So I can put you down on the list then? (I'm going to try to confirm with all the others on the forum and update the first post soon)

And I hope this works out! Now that everyone's getting into it and all. Which is ironic (you know, in that not-really-"ironic" kind of way), just as my friends at home are losing interest, this forum is gaining attention. Looks like I'll have to kick them back into shape...

JFBount: Now your really making me wish I was short enough to do one of the girls. But I will do my damnedest to round them all up for you. Groups always make things more fun ^_^

mezil
06-12-2010, 08:55 PM
Yeah. I am for sure going to bring Eddy. =]
It was tons of fun at the last convention I was at, I'm sure it will be the same for Metro. xD

Un-Kun
06-12-2010, 09:42 PM
Yes! You, my friend, have earned yourself a Jawbreaker. :D

Okay, now I'm getting pretty excited...

Prota-Girl
06-12-2010, 11:48 PM
Now that I am thinking on it, I can quickly make a Marie Kanker of the Kanker sisters if there is gonna be a Double D in there some where. My room is not far from the Con, so I can come and hang with you guys for a few hours if you guys want... ^^: *will work on blowing big bubble gum bubbles if she can pull Marie off* xD

JFBount
06-15-2010, 04:05 PM
So I'm skimming through the thread and is there an actual SET day this is happening ? I know I'm going to be doing my thing on saturday and I only have enough courage to wear what i'm wearing for ONE day lol. I prolly just skipped too much and missed it but I was just wondering.

Un-Kun
06-15-2010, 11:27 PM
Actually it was never stated because no one ever said when they were available. Really it's up to you guys. I know Saturday night I'm doing the Goth Kids from South Park, and I have to do Dib for my Invader Zim group at some point during the con, but I'm really okay with any time.

Prota-Girl
06-16-2010, 11:48 AM
Same with Marie Kanker if there will be any Ed, Edd's or Eddy's! ^^

JFBount
06-18-2010, 08:15 PM
So out of curiousity how many people are there ACTUALLY doing PPG ? Like for sure because if there is no set date for this could I request THIS particular group for saturday ??

Prota-Girl
06-18-2010, 09:02 PM
...... I would like to, but I have no idea who of the PPG I could be. O_O

And If I could make it in time..

I like Medusa...but I am not too sure. ;_; I wanna be in this group for a little bit somewhere though. ;_; Anyone got ideas for little ol me? o.o

JFBount
06-18-2010, 09:25 PM
Prota if you could pull off Sedusa that would be epic ...Like you and I back at Megacon as Freakazoid and CandleJack. You could also try ms.Keane or Princess... maybe if you know the series well enough Femme Fatale! All are excellent choices!!

(Sedusa would be the best though!!)

Prota-Girl
06-18-2010, 10:29 PM
Femme Fetal would be awesome! cause I cannot make costumes so darn quickly. LOL Candle jack was a whine for me. lol

Ah, yes. Sedusa. I would love to be her, but...I don't know. ;_; maybe princes, but I so do not have the hair. (Unless I horrifically curl it)I'll try to think of something and maybe I can pull someone off. xDD I <3 PPG! And you are amazing JFB

Edit: I researched and I think I MAY be able to pull of Princess... but it's not too sure yet.. I'll think on it. But most likely no. ;_; I still want shots of you guys! <3

JFBount
06-21-2010, 08:51 PM
So do we have a for sure head count of whos doin what on what day ? If I want to enter the Hall Contest I HAVE to wear HIM both Friday (to enter) and Saturday. Anyone else know what they're doin for sure so we can get some shots together ?

Prota-Girl
06-21-2010, 08:56 PM
Well, sadly, It doesn't look like I'll be able to squeeze another costume in. If I knew earlier, JFBount I woulda tried Sedusa. xDDD Next time, eh? xD But yesh I'd like to know as well so I know when to get shots of y'all! xD

Un-Kun
06-21-2010, 10:42 PM
Okay. So I talked to some of my friends and it looks like were gonna have a decent Cartoon Network group going. Hopefully we can shoot for Saturday morning or Friday afternoon (those would probably be the easiest times to convince them). I'm going to try to make a massive "Cartoon Network" sign (the black and white logo) for us to all meet under somewhere on the first floor for some photoshoot awesome times. Does that sound good?

I'm still trying desperately to try to find the PPG for you. And I haven't heard from the Dexter or Dee Dee from here. The Eds are a go. And My friend is going to do Courage for me similar to the GIR we recently made. We hopefully will also have a Mandy and Grim, and a Samurai Jack. But we definately need the PPG. I'm almost at the point of volunteering to make the costumes...

Prota-Girl
06-21-2010, 11:03 PM
......I could try to be butter cup? I can reuse my old Spock wig? o.o I wanna be a little part of this, not sure how to truly fit in though. o-o

Un-Kun
06-22-2010, 08:36 AM
Do it. I'm seriously desprate at this point. I'd say do a PowerPuff Girl. Or Dee Dee. If you need anything, let me know. I'm serious about helping with the costumes. I need to see this done now...

Prota-Girl
06-22-2010, 12:43 PM
...Danget. I wanna help so badly. I can make Marie Kanker with no sweat, but I have been looking for a green dress and am having such issues. I am not sure I can pull her off. ;_; I wanna help out so badly. My brother could wear Tres if he wanted to. And if you have it sometime on Friday, I most likely wont be able to make it then. O_O;;;; My crew tends to run late and the long drive is no help. ;_; I wish I could help, but you guys would be awesome without me non the less.

JFBount
06-22-2010, 09:12 PM
Yessssssssssssssssssssssss.... YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.... More Powerpuff <3

Un-Kun
06-27-2010, 05:16 PM
Okay. So at this point we have the Eds, a friend is doing Courage, a Him, a possible Buttercup, and I'm awaiting confirmation on the Dexter and Dee Dee.

I'm pulling in all my resources to get the holes filled as we speak. Hopefully someone in my cosplay community will be interested (especially since I'm volunteering to make the outfit and help with the wigs...)

CrashingTokyo
06-29-2010, 11:25 AM
YES! I love this Idea. I've been wanting to do this for a long time. I've been cosplaying as Edd for quite a while and have thus far gotten pretty decent reviews. However, since the position is filled, I can try to do Dexter. (I actually wanted to do this costume anyway) However, even if I can't, I'll still hang with you guys as Double D to show my support. I also might be able to supply an Ed and Eddy, but I can't promise anything quite yet.

Well the Dexter group got scrapped, But a few of my friends an I will (absolutely) Be doing Codename: Kids Next Door. It's probably newer than what you guys are looking for, but let me know if you still want us to get together for photos or something. We have Numbahs 1, 4, 5, and 274. Sorry~

CrashingTokyo
06-29-2010, 11:36 AM
Okay, I'll be doing Nazz, and Bringing a Sarah, Rolf and Maybe a Kevin.

CrashingTokyo
06-29-2010, 11:42 AM
Wow...okay, I will definately cosplay as Marie. I have the entire costume from the wig and cargo pants to the blue nail polish. Just tell me the schedule and I'm in.

Un-Kun
07-03-2010, 07:39 AM
Okay, well it's looking like it's going to be early Saturday morning. I'm looking for a Dexter and a Bubbles desprately at this point as I have a Blossom, Buttercup and Mandark. The Eds are filled, I have a Courage, and possibly a Mandy, Grim, and...Samurai Jack!

Hopefully this all works out...

Now I need to actually make the cosplay...Gah! This is so exciting!

JFBount
07-04-2010, 06:46 PM
This is going to be amazing lol

CrashingTokyo
07-05-2010, 06:55 PM
So for Saturday morning, would you rather have the Kids Next Door or Nazz, Sarah, and Rolf (and maybe a Kevin)?

Un-Kun
07-05-2010, 09:01 PM
KND, I think staying more 'main characters' would be best for this meet up. (Although I would absolutely LOVE to have and EEnE group at some point...)

JFBount
07-09-2010, 11:17 AM
So I just found out some rather unfortunate news which will probably have me out for metro ... At this point I can just go but not in anything new like Him =( (car insurance bills suck) Maybe next saturday on my birthday I can get some last minute luck and make this happen!

CrashingTokyo
07-11-2010, 03:14 PM
Hey, sorry. A friend of mine just begged me to help him with one of his groups, so I was wondering if it would be okay if we meet up in our EEnE outfits instead. (plus it would be kinda lame to just have random Nazz, Sarah, and Rolf wandering about) But the Kids next door will be around all day Friday, so.... ^ ^'

Un-Kun
07-11-2010, 07:28 PM
EEnE Actually works out better since that seems like what this is going to turn out to be (with everyone in my group bailing but my Ed and Eddy). Oh well. It'll still be awesome.

Will definately be investing in jawbreakers.

Yum. :D

Un-Kun
07-20-2010, 04:04 PM
Okay, so to anyone still interested, I'm trying to meet up near the food area at the lower level of the con (if for no other reason than to avoid confusion. There is only one of them aftre all...) on Saturday morning.

See everyone there ^_^

PM me for details or contact info if you want it (personally I hate playing the whole "wait and seek" game of con meet ups. Just give me a buzz when your ready, and I'll be there ^_^)