PDA

View Full Version : Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle/CLAMP?

orca_sora
03-04-2009, 09:56 PM
I'm thinking I'm finally going to try to make it to Metro for the first time this year and see what it's all about. My Sakura cosplay from Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle is in serious need of love and I figure this will be a good opportunity to show it off. I'm curious to see if anyone else is cosplaying from the series, or any other CLAMP title at Metro?

JellybeanQueen
03-05-2009, 12:31 AM
Assuming I go more than one day to Metrocon (I'd like to, it just depends on what funds I have >.>), I'll definitely be bringing my Fai. I have way too much fun wearing that to not bring it to as many conventions as I can.

If I have Human Chess Fai done by then, I'll might bring that too.

Kitsune
03-05-2009, 08:08 AM
Saturday evening (thus far, but plans always seem to change on us...), there's going to be: Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle: Musical Memories. I'm not sure I'm allowed to say what character I'll be going as yet (so minor it's not even funny, though XD), but we've got a fair sized cast and it should be fun.

orca_sora
03-05-2009, 12:01 PM
jellybeanqueen, yay for Fai! My best friend's character is Fai, but I'm not sure if she's going to complete the traveling clothes version of him in time. We've done the Oto versions before, and last year I completed Sakura's Clow/traveling clothes but sadly I had little time to wear her and she got little attention.

Kitsune, I read about that! I definitely plan to see it ^_^

PluieEnfant
03-05-2009, 02:34 PM
I'm not planning on doing Tsubasa for this Metrocon (unless I find the time to make Syaoran's outfit), but I'm planning on going in Sakura's Yue battle outfit from Cardcaptors. Might as well use my wig again. :]

orca_sora
03-06-2009, 01:07 PM
PluieEnfant, I had also planned on doing a CSS costume this year but finances have forced me to push it back until next year. I want to do the "pink flower" outfit with the shorts and long coat. It would be cool if you could finish Syaoran in time, though! A friend of mine does Syaoran, but I highly doubt she plans to go to Metro.

PluieEnfant
03-06-2009, 01:43 PM
That outfit is really cute. :] I kind of wish I could do ALL her outfits, but that'll take years. Money money.
My friend suddenly wants to do Tsubasa and now I'm waiting to see what she'll pick as our outfits. I guess I am going as Syaoran, if we can finally decide on something. We've been looking through the artbooks and scans for months now. XD

Foos
03-06-2009, 06:03 PM
I'll be re-wearing a buttload of old outfits at Metrocon, and probably dragging out Ashura-ou since my Yukito is going. We never got a chance to wear the costumes at Megacon because it was raining and we didn't wanna risk messing 'em up.

orca_sora
03-06-2009, 09:05 PM
That outfit is really cute. :] I kind of wish I could do ALL her outfits, but that'll take years. Money money.
My friend suddenly wants to do Tsubasa and now I'm waiting to see what she'll pick as our outfits. I guess I am going as Syaoran, if we can finally decide on something. We've been looking through the artbooks and scans for months now. XD

I really wish I could do all her outfits, too. Not only does it take money, but skill--and I need to get more of both XDDD That'd be awesome if you manage Syaoran. Poor boy needs more love!

I'll be re-wearing a buttload of old outfits at Metrocon, and probably dragging out Ashura-ou since my Yukito is going. We never got a chance to wear the costumes at Megacon because it was raining and we didn't wanna risk messing 'em up.

Dude, that'd be awesome to see!

JellybeanQueen
03-06-2009, 10:20 PM
Dooo eeet. The Tsubasa turn out at Megacon was kind of sad.

I'll probably have Fai on Sunday, since I probably won't be able to make Friday, and I'm in the middle of planning a hopefully large Code Geass group for Saturday (I think). And I'm HOPING to have the staff and blue undercoat finished by then. Depending on how much time I have, it may just be the staff...

PluieEnfant
03-18-2009, 02:27 PM
Okay so...my plans have changed. -__-;; I am going to be Syaoran for Metrocon, but it's one of those pretty artbook things that no one will recognize. At least I have a Sakura, maybe somebody will notice. :] I'll also be making an original boy-Mokona and if all goes well at Jacon, then I'll bring him to Metrocon. :]

Foos
03-18-2009, 02:56 PM
Dooo eeet. The Tsubasa turn out at Megacon was kind of sad.

Blame the rain on Saturday that kept our CLAMP group from happening D:

JellybeanQueen
03-18-2009, 06:40 PM
Blame the rain on Saturday that kept our CLAMP group from happening D:
lol, that's Florida for you. My roommate and I were thanking our lucky stars she wasn't wearing her Edea costume that day.

At least I learned that my big coat's really water proof...

orca_sora
03-18-2009, 09:34 PM
Okay so...my plans have changed. -__-;; I am going to be Syaoran for Metrocon, but it's one of those pretty artbook things that no one will recognize. At least I have a Sakura, maybe somebody will notice. :] I'll also be making an original boy-Mokona and if all goes well at Jacon, then I'll bring him to Metrocon. :]

Ooo, which one?

PluieEnfant
03-18-2009, 09:44 PM
This one. (http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a249/PluieEnfant/MinitokyoCLAMPGroupScans_323827.jpg) It might change though, depending on her since she's getting hers commissioned, so don't count on seeing a Trinity Blood-esque Syaoran. XD

orca_sora
03-18-2009, 09:46 PM
Oh wow, very nice! I love it -- really hope you can get it done!

YellowKiss
03-18-2009, 09:53 PM
i have a couple of fais that im planning on choosing between to bring. ;3

PluieEnfant
03-18-2009, 09:58 PM
The only real problem that I have with this outfit is the boots. I'm probably going to have to make boot covers since I'm sure I'll never find a cheap enough pair of white, thigh high boots that don't have platforms and/or 5" heels. -__-

It would be cool to see all four of them (Syaoran, Sakura, Kuro and Fai) in matching outfits from either their generic series look or from one of the artbooks. I've never seen that before at a convention.

JellybeanQueen
03-18-2009, 11:42 PM
It would be cool to see all four of them (Syaoran, Sakura, Kuro and Fai) in matching outfits from either their generic series look or from one of the artbooks. I've never seen that before at a convention.
Agreed. But that could just be because I want a Kurogane that will let me abuse him. In a very loving way of course. xD

And I love the outfits in that illustration. Great, now I'm getting ideas again...

PluieEnfant
03-18-2009, 11:55 PM
For Jacon, I'll be Mokona with a Fai and Kurogane. The Fai was originally going to be Sakura but I convinced her to be Fai so that we could team up and pick on our Kurogane. XD

*hides illustration* I know exactly how that feels...those crazy ideas. -__-

CaptinKong
03-19-2009, 09:09 AM
I'm going to Jacon as Kurogane so I'll have the costume for Metro to. I'll meet up with you guys if you all still need a Kurogane ;). Can't wait to get started on the costume. I might make another varient of his costume from one of the art books or something if I have the time/money just because those are cool. haha.

orca_sora
03-19-2009, 12:40 PM
My cosplay group originally did the costumes from the Country of Oto -- Fai was the only one who was widely recognized. I made the default Sakura costume last year and wore her to AFO, but for whatever reason she didn't get any attention at all. I entered her in the costume contest, though--the larger TRC group with the more elaborate costumes won best overall.

Kurogane left my group, and while Fai plans to eventually make his default outfit, I'm still solo this year. One member of my group is Yuko, though she's not coming for Metro. I usually end up borrowing a Syaoran XD

CaptinKong
03-19-2009, 05:18 PM
orca sora - so you still need a kurogane then huh? Are you going with the default outfits or another?

JellybeanQueen
03-19-2009, 05:54 PM
Kurogane left my group, and while Fai plans to eventually make his default outfit, I'm still solo this year. One member of my group is Yuko, though she's not coming for Metro. I usually end up borrowing a Syaoran XD
Well, if you need a default Fai that's what I'm bringing (and I don't have a group *sadness*). It might be with the eyepatch and longer hair, though I haven't really decided yet.

I'm also hoping to bring Watanuki now (swapping Duo for him xD), since I'm planning on getting his school uniform finished in the next couple of days...as soon as I get off my lazy butt and finish the vest for my young Walter Dornez costume. >.>

orca_sora
03-19-2009, 10:37 PM
orca sora - so you still need a kurogane then huh? Are you going with the default outfits or another?

Well, if you need a default Fai that's what I'm bringing (and I don't have a group *sadness*). It might be with the eyepatch and longer hair, though I haven't really decided yet.

At the moment, I'm the only one doing TRC, so I'd love to get together with other TRC cosplayers for photos! My costume is Sakura's default outfit (without the coins). My best friend, who will be coming with me and is normally Fai, doesn't plan on doing the default costume this year. She's probably going to be Gojyo from Saiyuki--it's tempting to wear Goku with her, but I worked so hard on Sakura and she really needs to be shown off.

CaptinKong
03-20-2009, 08:42 AM
Alright I'll come a Kurogane.

orca_sora
03-22-2009, 12:49 PM
Awesome, Kurogane doesn't get enough love. I've never been to this con before, and as such, the convention center, so I'll keep an extra eye out.

CaptinKong
03-22-2009, 09:19 PM
Alright cool see you all there let me know if anything comes up.

Kitsune
04-02-2009, 08:56 AM
Yay, I got permission to not be a secret character any more! =D

For the Tsubasa Musical, I'm going to be Miyuki-chan from Miyuki-chan in Wonderland~ I'm stocking up on toast. :3 As it stands, I'm only going to have the costume on for less than an hour (the 40 minutes for the show - we have the Metro Ninja Festival right before and hopefully Whose Line right after), but I might pull it out for a bit later Saturday evening or for the first bit of Sunday.

orca_sora
04-14-2009, 07:41 PM
Cool, Kitsune! I'm only going to be there Saturday, but I'm not missing the musical for anything!

Frostmourne
04-27-2009, 10:46 AM
So as things have turned out differently since a few months ago - I'll be wearing Sakura's wedding dress from one of the clamp artworks. I'll have it on Saturday since I'll be competing in it. If anyone wants pictures together I don't think I'll be too hard to miss. Hopefully I'll run into some of you Clamp lovers!

orca_sora
04-27-2009, 02:04 PM
So as things have turned out differently since a few months ago - I'll be wearing Sakura's wedding dress from one of the clamp artworks. I'll have it on Saturday since I'll be competing in it. If anyone wants pictures together I don't think I'll be too hard to miss. Hopefully I'll run into some of you Clamp lovers!

Wow, that'll be awesome to see!

Frostmourne
05-04-2009, 07:31 AM
The dress is coming out fantastic thus far! I got a lot done in one day. Cutting out all this crystal organza is making me go blind though, lol. This entire week off and on Ill be doing a lot of painting to get all the details done before the panels are sewed into the dress.

Happy Sumo
05-27-2009, 09:13 AM
*waves* I'll be doing Kamui from X/1999.

orca_sora
05-28-2009, 04:49 PM
Is there still a Tsubasa event happening at Metro? I can't seem to find info on it on the website anymore :\

Igashi
06-11-2009, 10:45 PM
If I can get the entire thing done I will be doing Yuzuki from Chobits... thats IF I get it done.

Foos
06-12-2009, 06:39 PM
*waves* I'll be doing Kamui from X/1999.

D: X is my fave CLAMP series EVEEEEEEER! Kamui is one of the most angst-ridden ones too! Gah.

This will probably be like, one of the first cons I don't have *anything* CLAMP to wear, but I'm trying to do comfy stuff. Will totally be there to fangirl, though!

On a sidenote, I just spent last night raging over the last chapter of Tsubasa...which might be the final chapter for Sakura and Syaroan. >.<

LadyElle
06-12-2009, 07:03 PM
Unfortunately the event had to be cancelled since our group is also running around 4 (I think) other panels and most of the cast is involved in either Masq/Chess/Star Party. We will be bringing it back either for metrocon next year or to another place. I know the director really wants to bring it next year. The whole show was planned, scripted and casted but was cut due to time constraints. Sorry to those who were looking forward to the show. We really wanted to produce it but lacked the time to ensure that it was a great event. You can still see some of our interactive panels, produced by the Con Artists, which include The Ouran High School Mystery Panel, The Metro Ninja Festival and Whose Line Is It Anyway.

Korinchan
06-12-2009, 07:09 PM
It's looking like I'll be in two Tsubasa groups for this con! Both will be artbook versions of Sakura. ^^

TheSurfingDonut
06-13-2009, 03:24 AM
If there's still a CLAMP gathering I finally have my Kobato costume done.

JellybeanQueen
06-13-2009, 02:09 PM
So, it looks like I might not be bringing Fai after all. As much as I love cosplaying him, I think I need a break (especially after getting mobbed the way I did at Jacon >>). I'll probably wear it at AFO though.

orca_sora
06-14-2009, 06:12 PM
Aw, that's a shame :( I was looking forward to it. If I make it out next year, I hope to see it then. Otherwise, AFO would be a great place to hold it ;)

I've never been to Metro, and as such, the Tampa Convention Center, but it would be neat if a meet-up could be planned since there seems to be several folks aiming for a CLAMP cosplay. JellybeanQueen, aw, yes, Fai always seems to be mobbed the most.

scandia
06-16-2009, 01:27 PM
I will be Princess Emeraude from the Magic Knight Rayearth manga on Saturday. Not sure what hour I will be arriving- probably in the afternoon.