PDA

View Full Version : Gijinka/Original Cosplay

yournext
03-06-2009, 02:56 PM
I'm a huge fan of cosplay but I've always enjoyed making my own characters and designing my own outfits the most (actually that's all I want to do) Is that wrong? I think that's why I don't cosplay much because I feel other people would look down on it...

:/

CiralFox
03-06-2009, 03:01 PM
That's not wrong at all! Everyone loves to make their own clothes, and no one would ever look down on you. I am making my own outfit for a Pokemon cosplay, and of course I'm not going to make it as a "furry" costume (way too much money and time into those costumes). So, making my own outfit that corresponds to the character is another way of cosplaying.

Remember, there is no wrong way to cosplay. Design your clothes and have fun!

Volnixshin
03-06-2009, 04:28 PM
I primarily do original cosplays and so far I've gotten nothing but good things. Go for it, its fun ^^.

adumei
03-06-2009, 04:59 PM
Haha, I just made a thread about this too. Gijinka isn't wrong, but it's a lot harder for people to recognize you, right? As with originals, go all out. A long as you make them gorgeous and stunning, no one is allowed to look down on it.

Haru_no_Yuki
03-06-2009, 05:13 PM
un un ! n_n
originals are as good as normal cosplays n_n
they even makes you becoming more creative n_n

zomgmissy
03-06-2009, 10:16 PM
I've designed a male version of myself that I plan on cosplaying as soon as I can get it finished. 83 I don't care if I get recognized or not for it, I just wanna have fun with my friends~!

Originals and gijinkas allow for a bit more creativity than character cosplays. No one will look down on you for creating your own ideas.

yournext
03-07-2009, 03:17 PM
oh good! I want to do a meowth or maybe a vulpix gijinka.

CreepyUncleLee
03-26-2009, 02:24 AM
I love original gijinka, sometimes having to tell ppl which pokemon you are is needed since theres so many.
But i'm actually working on a mafia inspired blastoise based off the first gijinka concept of him where he's crying and on the chunky side.

Mine is a blue fedora hat with blue ears, a yellow vest for the belly shell,some blue dickie shorts and a short sleeved or rolled up long sleeved blue button down, some white slip onshoe with lines to look like the feet with an authentic looking tortoise shell with the guns comming outta the shell, but i'm planning on having water guns/bubble shooting guns but have those guns on the shell just in case the con staff decides i shouldnt have the water guns for w/e reason

i'm a rambler so yeah....

Yamia Ishtar
03-29-2009, 12:08 PM
Gijinka is awesome(im working on a NiGHTS gijinka right now) and so is original cosplay. Both allow you to expand your cosplay horizons and go nuts on your costume. :3