PDA

View Full Version : Has Anyone Ever Cosplayed Their Own Original Characters?

UchikoChan
03-07-2009, 02:21 PM
Hello all! :toothy:

Lately I've met a few people who I've become friends with because we liked the fact that we cosplay our own characters: ones we've made up for our own comics, just to look cool, even Miis or original Guitar Hero rockers.

I personally think that stuff like this is awesome because it's a challenge since the costume most likely isn't in stores (unless it's REALLY close to something), and you get a chance to express individuality ahd go beyond the borders.

I've been working on my manga FLIGHT for a while now and out of boredom one day I decided to cosplay the lead, Lam. That soon became an obsession and I've cosplayed 2 versions of him, lead girl Aishin, and protagonist Mier "Rosoku". I next plan to do my baddie, Kyrtin.

Does anybody else share this odd obsession? xDD

Lumasan
03-07-2009, 02:41 PM
Oh I do this all the time, I have several original character to which i cosplay numerously. I enjoy it more than cosplaying anime or manga characters, I feel more free with my attitude and personality and such. X3

AbbytehAWESOME
03-07-2009, 05:37 PM
Not yet, but I am planning on cosplaying the main character of my comic.

Really any excuse to introduce myself as Archimedes, though...xD

Beruchi no baka
03-07-2009, 06:40 PM
:D I'd really love to do this someday, with maybe some of my characters from stories I've written...

x3 It'd just be so cool.<3

kittenmomo
03-07-2009, 07:35 PM
I've done it quite a few times, and I'm planning one currently (crossplay). It's a lot of a fun to actually be one of your created characters.

Curucar
03-07-2009, 07:53 PM
Most of my OCs have complicated outfits (created by my friends) so I've only cosplayed one: Curucar (http://www.cosplay.com/gallery/109317/). The boots kill me to put on, but are SO worth it.

Kyozame
03-07-2009, 08:07 PM
heh heh....! ust had a funny idea! Imagine Tite Kubo cosplayed as Ichigo. I coud totally see that, cause ive seen a picture of him!
Do you think manga artists do or have ever cosplayed?
It must be like the biggest inside joke. Silently laughing to themselves...
But on topic, I haven't yet. I have tried to create manga, but mostly I just draw pictures of them over and over again killing people. Wish I could...( O.C. Cosplay, I mean)

NichiChan
03-07-2009, 08:11 PM
I have once, but I never got picturs of it. I still have the costume so hopfully I can get a friend to take picturs soon ^^

I also have two other's planed, one a Vocaloid OC and a crossplay.

Kitylin
03-07-2009, 08:45 PM
All my OCs have really simple outfits, but I still haven't cosplayed any of them. >_> Mostly because of lack of motovation.

Eikoseisui
03-07-2009, 09:12 PM
I haven't cosplayed any of my original characters yet, but I want to once I finally settle on what my OCs' outfits will look like. I keep changing them. XD

Sakura Efreet
03-07-2009, 09:23 PM
I actually decided Friday while I was at work that I'm going to do an OC cosplay. Eventually, that is. I am writing a book, and it's going to be one of my main character's outfits. :)

I am all for people being creative and doing OC cosplays. Have fun with it, I say! Life is too short!

Fashwiing
03-07-2009, 10:16 PM
I plan on tromping about at least one day of my next con as my Random Background Stargate Officer, which is to say in a bunch of Airsoft tactical gear/weapons and dark blue BDUs with Stargate SG-1 patches. My team designation is SG-17, though.

StarAssassin
03-07-2009, 10:47 PM
I have many OC characters I would love to cosplay! Just bringing your own creation to life would be such a special feeling for me, silly as it sounds lol

MajinCrystalia
03-08-2009, 12:22 PM
once I finish my novel/comic/game or get back around to writing it...I will definatley cosplay my character/alter-ego (my username)

Nooby Banana
03-08-2009, 01:36 PM
I have one OC in particular that I'd love to cosplay. I probably wouldn't wear him to cons because it's such a simple outift (hoodie and jeans), but I would still love to have it just to say I do.

Itachi/Lfanatic
03-08-2009, 02:59 PM
I'm actually doing an OC, but not from an anime/manga. I've taken some aspects from My Chemical Romance's 'Black Parade' costumes. I haven't come up with a name for my OC yet, so for now its just 'Black Parade girl'.

ShinobiXikyu
03-08-2009, 09:27 PM
I wouldn't do it at a con, but actually just yesterday I put on a cosplay of an Original Character from a Kingdom Hearts RP I do with friends. I was considering an official character but none of them were good enough in my view to take out and I didn't want to carry around so much stuff, compared to a simple outfit for the character...original plan for it was a photoshoot with a few of my other friends cosplaying mostly official characters to take fan photos of the scenes, but it got rained out X_X. I design loads of characters for fun (and RPs, of course), but except for the one yesterday they stay uncosplayed.

Volnixshin
03-08-2009, 10:56 PM
about 80 percent of my cosplays are orginal including the one in my avatar. I love doing original cosplays, it lets me have complete free reign with what I want to do.

Master Zero
03-08-2009, 11:02 PM
Of course! Its a lot of fun!

kuroi_shi
03-08-2009, 11:35 PM
... I've never done an original character... I don't have a problem with them, I just like going as existing characters.. It's fun when random people come up to me and scream "OMG I LOVE **Insert character name here**"
.. A friend of mine always goes as original characters though.