PDA

View Full Version : Panels/Programming Ideas

AuroraCeleste
03-09-2009, 06:45 PM
I know the programming people are always looking for ideas of panels people would like to spend, so I thought we could start a wish list. What would you like to see? What would you go to? What do you think has been done and not want to see?

I'll start:

I really want a fang workshop. One of the con chairs said that if enough people were interested we could make tooth molds and do fangs in a workshop in a couple of hours. I hesitate to cast body parts myself, and I've never gotten around to teeth, so I'd love to see this.

trixyloupwolf
03-09-2009, 07:35 PM
fantaisy make up panel ^^
would be so cool

how to do boots ( for those with too big calf =_= i hate boots becose none never fit me exeopt rarest one ^^;; not real boots of course but like fake boots ^^;)

i would love to go hunting for a neet craft store that have fabntaisie make up ook too ^^

or a horror museum would be neet too ^^
well the king that you get scare in going in ^^ hehe i saw they were a lot in the us wen to waltz disney once ^^ and always wanted to go visit one ^^;; silly me ^^;; i guesss

yeah fang would be neet too ^^^(if not same time as other cool thing ^^)

painting fabric panel would be a nice one too ^^;;maybe learn some new tips and tricks ^^

but well as long at it have make up panel ot workshop specially
i woul be more then pretty please with just that ^^;;

hug! trixy

The Hag
03-09-2009, 10:34 PM
1. Historical underwear - corsets, petticoats, hoop skirts, bustles
2. Pretty much anything to do with prop building
3. EL wire - I saw that there was one last year. I'm hoping for a repeat

Crazy Flower
03-09-2009, 11:08 PM
Someone was at Dragon*Con last year where the hour long fang panel went for 2 1/2. I would love to do that again.

I would also love to see/take part in a face casting and/or prosthetic panel. Fake weapon making and vacuumforming would be awesome as well.

Millinery and other insane coifs would be an amazing panel as well. Also the body double workshop would be great too. (Not duct tape, but some other type that I forgot) Jewelry and embroidery would be a great addition.

Yep, I'm excited.

Gravely
03-10-2009, 01:31 AM
Hi Gang,
all good ideas so far, and I know that a few of them are on the list.
so keep em coming.
our programming head is not on cosplay.com

feel free to send her ideas

Sharon Landrum <saffronrose@verizon.net>

and I will forward stuff to her as well.

If you've already registered, then you should have gotten the programming survey . feel free to fill that out and send it to Sharon as well.'
AND just as important, if you see something listed here that YOU know how to do, please let Sharon know that as well.
we are getting so many new people this year, it's tough for us to know who would be a good teacher.

and Trixy, sad to say, there's aren't any haunted attractions anywhere near the con that are open all year round, just in October.

so you'll still just have to join us here at Castle Blood in the fall. you too Aurora.

The Hag
03-10-2009, 06:54 AM
If you've already registered, then you should have gotten the programming survey

Now that you mention it - I registered back in June via PayPal but haven't received anything, not even a confirmation email. I'd like to make sure that I'm on the books somewhere. Who should I contact? Thanks in advance for the info. Sorry to temporarily hi-jack the thread. ^_^;

So back on topic - Agreeing with CF on vacuum forming. I'd also love to go to a panel on mask making.

we are getting so many new people this year, it's tough for us to know who would be a good teacher.

I run sewing panels at the anime cons that I go to but I'm not sure that there's much that I could teach the folks at Costume Con. XD Plus I don't want to miss anything!

Gravely
03-10-2009, 12:15 PM
can't check untill I know who you really are ;-)

gravelymac@yahoo.com