PDA

View Full Version : Any 80's characters

misatokibason
03-10-2009, 02:38 PM
MAYOR CHANGES HAVE BEEN MADE PLEASE LOOK THEM OVER AND MAKE SURE IT WOKRS AND YOU LIKE THEM!!!!!

Hey there, I am wondering if there will be any old and forgotten animes out there that are being cosplayed. Like Voltron, Thundercats, Strawberry ShortCake, Sailor Moon, Gundam Wing, or Dragonball or anything that is called an old anime. I am having a photo gathering outside the convention center. (see link photo for details) I just want to know if there are anymore out there, we have a few and it would be great to have more!!!

And yeah my son was the Sora with the Moogle Mom and my baby Kiba from Animazement....that is us. If any of you guys are interested in the photo gathering just let me or my second commander know that way we can add you and let you know the details of the meeting!!

Here is a picture of the convention center and I think having a photo group shot in the front will be great because then there is room and there is great poses that we can do

http://www.animazement.org/

First in Command- Uploading Thread is misatokibason
Second in Command- If First in Command cant is kristyhimura
Third in Command- Helper Command Fallain

Time and Place:
Friday at 8pm (it is to help with the school students and workers) (look at link)
Saturday at 3pm in front of convention (look at link)

Memebers:
Thundercats
Misatokibason
Dorian-Misatokibason's son

Gundam Wing
Fallain- Duo Maxwell

Dragon Ball
kristyhimura- trunks (Friday)
*there will be a group coming (hopefully)

Lupin
Blitzkrieg1701- Lupin III

Outlaw Star
Gene- people not on cosplay.com *you go guys*
AdelaideVixen- Melfina

Voltron
Keith-Timothy McKann

Inuyasha
Ulqorimiforever- Inuyasha character

Gundam Seed Destiny
kristyhimura- Cagalli (Saturday)

Casshern
Dokudel- Casshern (Saturday)

Air Gear
Fallin- Simca

Misc.
Tigress - Mystery

kristyhimura
03-10-2009, 02:46 PM
Would DBZ consender 80's ??

Blitzkrieg1701
03-10-2009, 08:01 PM
I'm actually thinking of doing Lupin III, which I guess totally overshoots the '80s and lands in the '70s...

kristyhimura
03-10-2009, 08:54 PM
I'm actually thinking of doing Lupin III, which I guess totally overshoots the '80s and lands in the '70s...

Lupin the 3rd is the best ^^ even if it is 70s:toothy:

misatokibason
03-11-2009, 01:19 PM
Yes dragonball z or gt I will say it is a older anime. and if you guys want to we can have a photo group shoot on friday and saturday in front of the convention center where there is a lot of room and great places to have poses.

misatokibason
03-11-2009, 02:01 PM
Lupin the 3rd will be old anime so yes...and that will be great

kristyhimura
03-11-2009, 02:37 PM
Yes dragonball z or gt I will say it is a older anime. and if you guys want to we can have a photo group shoot on friday and saturday in front of the convention center where there is a lot of room and great places to have poses.

Friday we DB/Z/GT people are having a Photo Shoot in the afternoon. And in the morning we are having a Big KaMeHaMeHa Wave.

So Any Time between them on Friday would be great ^^ and i'll infrom the other DB/Z/GT people as well if you like.

misatokibason
03-12-2009, 01:24 PM
I was thinking about 6pm in front of the convention center where there are steps and water. that will be cool to have pics with.

kristyhimura
03-12-2009, 02:02 PM
Sure around 6 is fine with me on friday ^^ i'm only going to be in my DBZ Outfit .. if i get it done >>; on Thrusday and Friday unless you want to put it to another day then i'll put the costume on and color my eyebrows xD...I'm going as Cagalli for the rest of the days xD

misatokibason
03-12-2009, 02:24 PM
Okay...I am thinking on having it at 6pm on friday and 4pm on saturday....if it changes then I will let everyone know.

kristyhimura
03-12-2009, 02:29 PM
Okay ^^, I'll be Trunks at the Friday one and if i see you around i'm going to be cagalli >>;

misatokibason
03-12-2009, 03:14 PM
oh when was that anime...because you can go to the saturday on as cagalli if it is an older anime like before 2004

kristyhimura
03-12-2009, 03:39 PM
Cagalli is from Gundam SEED Destiny >>; and i don't think it was before 2004 >>;

Enzera87
03-12-2009, 04:38 PM
Okay...I am thinking on having it at 6pm on friday and 4pm on saturday....if it changes then I will let everyone know.

lol, Well I guess you will be having some DBZ there. We are thinking about having our shoot later in the day on Friday. One cool outfit I want to really see is some one cosplay Jem! ^^

kristyhimura
03-12-2009, 05:01 PM
lol, Well I guess you will be having some DBZ there. We are thinking about having our shoot later in the day on Friday. One cool outfit I want to really see is some one cosplay Jem! ^^

Jem?

misatokibason
03-13-2009, 04:31 PM
jem was a great show and I was thinking about that but I would like to have a group of people to do that with

kristyhimura
03-13-2009, 04:36 PM
*nods*

Come from DBZ be videl [not in Saiyaman 2 outfit] and your son could come as Goten, or someone [xD] or just ignore me it all works XD

misatokibason
03-13-2009, 04:48 PM
*nods*

Come from DBZ be videl [not in Saiyaman 2 outfit] and your son could come as Goten, or someone [xD] or just ignore me it all works XD

oh no no, sorry at work and he will be thundercats and I dont have money for any other costumes?? *cries* SO SOORRRYYY I love you still

Fallain
03-13-2009, 05:00 PM
I'd say that I'd show up in my Duo Maxwell but my cosplay schedule is already over-booked D: sorry :(

lol I want to see some Thundercats <3

kristyhimura
03-13-2009, 05:28 PM
I'd say that I'd show up in my Duo Maxwell but my cosplay schedule is already over-booked D: sorry :(

lol I want to see some Thundercats <3

Aww I wouldn't mind watching him running aorund as one of the Thundercats, which one is he going as?

*ninjas in Fallain's room and stales her Duo Maxwell Cosplay, then Ninjas back out* Mwahahahahaaa

Fallain
03-13-2009, 05:47 PM
lol you'll need a wig for it. The last time I wore that thing was yeeeeeeeeeears ago and I had the natural long hair XD

*sniffle* I miss my long hair....:(

I'm planning on bringing it back out eventually someday with deathscythe's neon green scythe so show me how you made yours when we get to AZ, k? ^_-

kristyhimura
03-13-2009, 06:36 PM
lol you'll need a wig for it. The last time I wore that thing was yeeeeeeeeeears ago and I had the natural long hair XD

*sniffle* I miss my long hair....:(

I'm planning on bringing it back out eventually someday with deathscythe's neon green scythe so show me how you made yours when we get to AZ, k? ^_-

lol sure i would fail as a ninja irl xD

Fallain
03-13-2009, 07:29 PM
we all would...but in interwebs world anything is possible O_O

and apparently in interwebs world everyone is an awsome ninja

EDIT: ok ok ok, because I've been thinking about it non-stop and it's started to poke me in the back of my mind like a heroin addict...

Which day might you be doing this group in case someone were to bring along a Duo cosplay...? >____>

*horrendously gullible when it comes to cosplay* D:

misatokibason
03-14-2009, 11:08 AM
awww itis okay, if you know anyone then let them know about this and you will see us do dont worry about that

kristyhimura
03-14-2009, 11:46 AM
we all would...but in interwebs world anything is possible O_O

and apparently in interwebs world everyone is an awsome ninja

EDIT: ok ok ok, because I've been thinking about it non-stop and it's started to poke me in the back of my mind like a heroin addict...

Which day might you be doing this group in case someone were to bring along a Duo cosplay...? >____>

*horrendously gullible when it comes to cosplay* D:

Don't you need a wig for Duo's Cosplay?

*would take one of your Cosplays off of your hands >>;*

Fallain
03-14-2009, 01:04 PM
lol yea. I found a PERFECT 5'1" ft wig on Zhenna on ebay that I want for him. It's cheap for that length even if it's darker brown that I originally wanted. ^^() My budget it alittle more allowing than I thought, time is the only issue now D:

oh geez, i'm gonna have to bring a chest with a giant lock on it so you don't steal my cosplays XD

Fallain
03-17-2009, 02:26 AM
oh dear, I was watching Gundam Wing today and it was actually made 1995...5 years too late to be an 80's anime...:( Do you guys still want me to come find you as Duo?

misatokibason
03-17-2009, 11:53 AM
OH hell yeah, it is an old and forgotten anime for the most part so of course. That will be great!!!

misatokibason
03-17-2009, 11:55 AM
the meeting schedule is in the front of the thread on the first page. I will be adding you to the memeber list so everyone knows

kristyhimura
03-17-2009, 12:08 PM
Okay i'll check the first post ^^

Edit -

On Friday i'll Be my Trunks, and so far i think Fallain is going to be Simca from Air Gear.

And, on Saturday I'm Running around as Cagalli from Gundam SEED Destiny, And Fallain is going to be running around as Duo on Saturday as well.

misatokibason
03-17-2009, 12:22 PM
oh okay that works...if I have too many people not able to show up...I can change it...but I think it will be fine...i hope.

kristyhimura
03-17-2009, 12:25 PM
okay..and most likely me and Fallain would be near eachother cuz she has my cellphone number >>; crazy chicka ^^ got to love her. I know i have a Photo Shoot Friday for my DB/Z/GT group so when ever i get done with them i'll run over to the front and get some pics done..but i don't know when we are having it just yet so it mite be after your shoot xD

On saturday i think us gundamwing people are getting together in the afteroon or something lol..I'm not sure either there is to many of us xD

Fallain
03-17-2009, 01:24 PM
Yea, i'm already trying to split my Friday with my Air Gear and Digimon group ^^() Sorry.

I'll defently try to pop in Saturday though, thanks!

I just need to write this all down so I don't forget now >_>

Edit: oh, I saw your post in the Gundam thread. The guy doing Heero isn't actually on here, I was just passing along the message that he's cosplaying him. We're actually going to get the cosplay started today.

Would Outlaw Star count? Because him and his gf are also going as Gene and Melfina. I know she would count for 80's video games if you'd let it, she's working on a Morrigan.

misatokibason
03-17-2009, 02:39 PM
oh girl that will be great if you can get them to do the thread or photo gathering with us. just let me know so I can add onto the thread

Fallain
03-17-2009, 03:06 PM
haha well i'm sharing a room with them so i probably won't have a problem convincing them, especially since they'll already be dressed up anyways. >_> and because i'm...persuasive? o_O

misatokibason
03-17-2009, 03:10 PM
that will be great. the times and place is on the first post and i added them too and you and your friend as trunks

kristyhimura
03-17-2009, 05:19 PM
Yea, i'm already trying to split my Friday with my Air Gear and Digimon group ^^() Sorry.

I'll defently try to pop in Saturday though, thanks!

I just need to write this all down so I don't forget now >_>

Edit: oh, I saw your post in the Gundam thread. The guy doing Heero isn't actually on here, I was just passing along the message that he's cosplaying him. We're actually going to get the cosplay started today.

Would Outlaw Star count? Because him and his gf are also going as Gene and Melfina. I know she would count for 80's video games if you'd let it, she's working on a Morrigan.

Hey i mite glomp you if you walk by me in your Digimon Outfit xD

Fallain
03-18-2009, 04:29 AM
Kirsty, i'm just gonna assume that you'll probably glomp me in anything and expect it. But if I finish the digimon emperor please try to avoid damaging the shoulder armor. This is my first experiment with them and i'm not sure how well their going to hold up ^^()

I talked to them today. They'll be there wither it's Outlaw Star or Morrigan...you'll have one of them haha. We actually went and worked on her Melfina cosplay today while we were working on her bf's Heero Yuy

kristyhimura
03-18-2009, 09:45 AM
yay i'm stuck on my boots trying to see which way to make them lol

misatokibason
03-18-2009, 12:13 PM
oh my this is looking so great and a Heero...I hope the girlfriend wont mind me just to glomp him and hug him...I have not seen one at any conventions I have been too....and that my friends are a lot!!! LOLOLOLOL but I have the times up there and everything and everyone updates, see if we can find more out there....

Fallain
03-18-2009, 02:32 PM
lol his gf might find it funny after the initial shock but he's not a particularly touchy person so you might wanna ask him first ^^() haha, just like Heero

misatokibason
03-18-2009, 03:10 PM
hahahaha i know just like heero that is so funny. I will ask him dont worry I do that all that time anyways:angel:

Fallain
03-18-2009, 04:27 PM
lol ok, I don't know if you've ever read Dramacon but I didn't want any incidents like in the 2nd one XD

I think i'm most excited about this group haha i've had Duo on the mind 24/7. It's slightly damaging for my other cosplays but i'm glad I decided to bring him back <3

I want to try and make a Gundam Wing Caipirinha but that would waaaay take away from my cos-progress O_O

misatokibason
03-18-2009, 04:32 PM
oh wow, that will be great and I am so excited. I just want the conventions to be here but you know I dont know what I will do if I cant go to any??? *tear* :waaaah::waaaah:

kristyhimura
03-18-2009, 04:38 PM
I know the felling, Anyone got any ideas how to get started on your boots..I kindof don't want my mum to help cuz she pisses me off to eazy and i need abit of help...she takes over and i can't do anything but watch. >>; she's ebil.

I also have to style my Cagalli Wig without my mum knowing.

Fallain
03-18-2009, 04:49 PM
@Kristy: haha, at least Cagalli's an easy wig to style. I've never made boots before though o_O

@Misato: why would you not be able to go?

misatokibason
03-19-2009, 03:48 PM
@Kristy: haha, at least Cagalli's an easy wig to style. I've never made boots before though o_O

@Misato: why would you not be able to go?

Well I am in a class for Medical Biller and decoder and my class ends after animazement and depending on where I have my job (when I get out of the class) I might only be able to go for like half the con....WHICH SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but I will have to see when it gets closer

kristyhimura
03-19-2009, 03:57 PM
Okay Fallain still love ya and i added you on my myspace

btw
Dragon Ball - 1986
Dragon Ball Z - 1989
DragonBall GT -1996
Gundam Wing - 1995
Gundam Seed - 2002
Destiny - 2004

misatokibason
03-24-2009, 02:31 PM
*jumps up and down* COOL!!!! hurrary and the more the marrier is what I always say so if you know anymore than that is cool. I will be looking at the convention too for people too!!! hahaha:crylaugh:

misatokibason
03-24-2009, 02:31 PM
*jumps up and down* COOL!!!! hurrary and the more the marrier is what I always say so if you know anymore than that is cool. I will be looking at the convention too for people too!!! hahaha:crylaugh:

Timothy McKann
04-01-2009, 08:01 PM
I will be cosplaying as Commander Keith from Voltron in his uniform. And I will help you if you need volunteer's.

kristyhimura
04-01-2009, 08:27 PM
YAY

Help is needed and so is more pplz x)

misatokibason
04-01-2009, 09:36 PM
yes HURRARY

umm Kristy do you mean being like the second in command with the photo gathering??? Just in case i cant log on that much....:waaaah:

kristyhimura
04-01-2009, 09:49 PM
Sure chicka ^^ i'll be your 2nd in commands ^^

misatokibason
04-01-2009, 10:11 PM
I hope the people for outlaw are still going...i have updated the thread and everything is working great!!!

kristyhimura
04-13-2009, 11:26 AM
Hey guy could we have the Saturday Photo thingy around 3 cuz at 4 myself and Fallain have another picture group to meet up.

I'm the 2nd Command person but i would like to hear what you guys think ^^. So don't be shy i'm always around and add me on stuff ^^.

misatokibason
04-15-2009, 12:12 AM
kk Everyone I Changed The First Post!!! Please Read

kristyhimura
04-15-2009, 12:59 AM
Please don't forget to message one of us, if you guys have any qustions. I'm always on so message on here and i'll most likely answer you before anyone else xD

misatokibason
04-15-2009, 01:03 AM
hahahaha that is why i have you has my second in command~ *high five*

Fallain
04-15-2009, 01:33 AM
(Melfina is on here, she's AdelaideVixen)

kristyhimura
04-15-2009, 08:27 AM
Ooo Fallain is 3rd in commands, maybe?? *High Five back, while laughing*

@fallain do you think the times work abit better for our Photo shoots Saturday xD cuz we have a 4 o'clock Gundam and then 60-2004 at 3 would make us abit more eazier side. hehe.

btw i made a thread on AZ.org's forums.

Timothy McKann
04-15-2009, 09:27 PM
I'll arrive on Friday,the day of the convetion. I'll have a red Helmet,and red and white outfit.

Ulqorimiforever
04-16-2009, 08:47 AM
would inuyasha consider old school? I mean it was aried 2002 but since the show ended there are not alot of cosplayer as thier used to be. Now i mostly see naruto, bleach, and final fantasy.

kristyhimura
04-16-2009, 09:09 PM
Sure Inu-Yasha is welcome!

Fallain
04-17-2009, 10:22 AM
lol this is no longer an 80's group, just a 'hey! i like that show!' group! XD

kristyhimura
04-17-2009, 07:54 PM
yeah i guess lol

misatokibason
04-18-2009, 12:36 AM
hahaha I think you are all right, but it dont matter its the forgotten animes then!! hahaha bye the way everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PLEASE READ THE FIRST POST AGAIN IT HAS BEEN CHANGED FOR THE LAST TIME.

I was waiting on work to reply for me on the days that I needed off for the convention and ITS GREAT...so the times on Friday and Saturday are set unless there is something that needs to be. Sorry about all the changing and whatnot!!! Its okay now, I will double check with everyone about May 10th through pm to make sure that they know about the times and whatnot. Also if you guys think its better to do a sat and sun (before of school and work) just let me or my 2nd commander or 3rd commander know. so far its friday at 8pm, Sat at 3pm :waaaah::crylaugh::skidude2:

Blitzkrieg1701
05-01-2009, 12:02 AM
*late* Those times look fine to me!

misatokibason
05-06-2009, 06:38 PM
Hello to ALL

I am just letting you all know that I am off from work all weekend starting early friday morning (getting to convention like early around 9am) I am just letting you all know to please make sure you let me know now if you cant do the gathering. If you have a costume change let me know. as of now the gathering is this!!!

Memebers:
Thundercats
Misatokibason
Dorian-Misatokibason's son

Gundam Wing
Fallain- Duo Maxwell

Dragon Ball
kristyhimura- trunks (Friday)
*there will be a group coming (hopefully)

Lupin
Blitzkrieg1701- Lupin III

Outlaw Star
Gene- people not on cosplay.com *you go guys*
AdelaideVixen- Melfina

Voltron
Keith-Timothy McKann

Gundam Seed Destiny
kristyhimura- Cagalli (Saturday)

Dokudel
05-06-2009, 08:58 PM
My character I will be wearing for Saturday also lands in the 70's. I will be wearing Casshern from Casshern. ^_^

misatokibason
05-06-2009, 09:12 PM
great thanks and we will see you are the front of the convention at 3pm on sat

Tigress
05-10-2009, 07:06 AM
Wow. How'd I miss this thread?

I think I can let the cat out of the bag a day early and throw on my Super Secret Cosplay for the 8 pm shoot. The 3 pm shoot is just an hour after Cosplay Chess, so I'll already have it on for that. And I'll have CANDY!

misatokibason
05-10-2009, 12:20 PM
oh my my son will love you and so you are going to be with me at animazement too for the old anime photo gatherings??? I see taht your with me at AMA...you going to do animazement too??? we will love the company

(photo of the costumes for this convention are up on my profile)

misatokibason
05-10-2009, 12:33 PM
hey i saw on your page that you have some naruto things. I have to get with you and your buddy orchy and take pics because i have a hinata and my son is kiba (dont know if you every seen him at the conventoins like animazement, ama and neko)

misatokibason
05-10-2009, 01:25 PM
everyone in this thread please check your message because I will be sending you something to make sure that way no one forgets (like me :waaaah:) or if you are not able to go...so just letting you all know and thank you. if you cant message me or dont heard from me when you do then you can talk to my second in command Kristy....

Tigress
05-11-2009, 03:17 AM
oh my my son will love you and so you are going to be with me at animazement too for the old anime photo gatherings??? I see taht your with me at AMA...you going to do animazement too??? we will love the company

(photo of the costumes for this convention are up on my profile)

hey i saw on your page that you have some naruto things. I have to get with you and your buddy orchy and take pics because i have a hinata and my son is kiba (dont know if you every seen him at the conventoins like animazement, ama and neko)

I always go to AZ! I made my '80s costume for this convention, but it's already proving popular enough that it may make the "tour". I decided on doing it on a whim for the challenge, but I severely underestimated its nostalgia value.

I'd love to pose with you and your son as well. I remember him running around outside in the cosplay line last year.

I don't know when BloodofGavroche plans on wearing his Orochi (and his roommate wearing Jiraiya), but we'll probably see you for piccies sometime during the con.

misatokibason
05-11-2009, 07:36 PM
that will be great. I know both of them because during otakon I was sexy no justu and your got a lot of pics with me, hehehe it was great and so I will see you all there and you cant mess us running about

misatokibason
05-13-2009, 12:53 AM
more the marrier for the old and forgotten anime!!!!!!!!!!

Wakusei
05-13-2009, 04:12 AM
Um....
I just read this entire thread and I got more and more confused.
Wow, man. Just wow.

misatokibason
05-13-2009, 05:19 PM
umm basically if you are cosplaying any old or forgotten anime like inuyasha, dragonball, sailor moon, thundercats, voltron, strawberry short cake, umm gundam wing, anything that is not Naruto, Bleach, Kingdom Hearts, Soul Eater. Basically anything that is from before 2006.

misatokibason
05-13-2009, 05:20 PM
Also the gatherings are at fri 8pm and sat at 3pm

Wakusei
05-14-2009, 04:09 AM
My brother wanted to know if Yukon Cornelius counts. Rankin Bass, the company that produced Thundercats, made all those Rudolph and Santa Claus specials. They were from the 80's or before.

misatokibason
05-14-2009, 10:28 PM
sure do...you want to join the photo??

kristyhimura
05-17-2009, 09:48 AM
Misatokibason - I have bad news, i mite not be able to make it unless my car gets fixed, i'm stucked in the Moutains at my grandmas unless we get a Rent a car or something, or it gets fixed and i'm still highly doubting i'll be able to go T_T. But if i do go i'll tell ya before hand.

misatokibason
05-17-2009, 04:32 PM
awww on no....that will be bad...*tear*

kristyhimura
05-18-2009, 07:57 AM
Our money isn't that much right now so we aren't going unless mum gets her Disabitly check lol...that should be in between Tuesday and Friday, so there is still a postibitly.

misatokibason
05-18-2009, 08:02 PM
awww but you know where the meeting is so Im not that worried...i will hope and see you there sweety

misatokibason
05-20-2009, 10:32 PM
Friday at 8pm in front of center is for old/forgotten anime
Saturday at 3pm in front of center is for old/forgotten anime

I will see you all there, I am heading down to NC tonight so I will see you all there!!! Hope to have lots and lots of pics

Blitzkrieg1701
05-20-2009, 11:05 PM
Well, I still can't make Friday, but I'll see ya'll Saturday!

misatokibason
05-21-2009, 03:21 PM
that is all cool!!! I am gone now so I will be see you all this weekend!!:crylaugh::crylaugh:

kristyhimura
05-21-2009, 07:05 PM
T_T i don't get to go *would run off to her room and cry her eyes out but fergot how to cry for a moment now cuz her brain is sooo messed up.*

Timothy McKann
05-21-2009, 08:29 PM
I'm already to go.I have everything I need,and of course my Commander Keith costume. I hope to see you all tomorrow.:)

Tigress
05-25-2009, 12:40 PM
Pictures of us are up in my Photobucket!

http://s30.photobucket.com/albums/c331/kdhiya/2009/Animazement/?start=all

Blitzkrieg1701
05-25-2009, 02:09 PM
YAY PITCHUR!

(by the way, those ones of Rainbow Bright and Orochimaru are SOOOOOooooo wrong)

Tigress
05-25-2009, 08:19 PM
YAY PITCHUR!

(by the way, those ones of Rainbow Bright and Orochimaru are SOOOOOooooo wrong)

I please to aim. This is what happens when Tigress doesn't get her sleepies.

Timothy McKann
05-25-2009, 08:21 PM
We also don't want to forget Commander Keith from Voltron,the Pilot of Black Lion.