PDA

View Full Version : Progress thread! (motivate yourself here!)

Pages : [1] 2 3

Sh!bby
03-10-2009, 02:09 PM
Since we don't have a progress thread for this year, I figured I would go ahead and start one. So here it is. You can talk about what you're doing for your cosplays and post progress images here. Trust me, it's really good motivation, seeing what others are up to.

I'll start.

As I said in the Repo! thread, I'm doing Amber Sweet's Zydrate Anatomy outfit and the majority, if not all of, my boyfriend's GraveRobber.

Amber:
-Have: leather underbust corset (on order), black lace for shrug, black stretch pleather for the bustier under the corset.
-Found: Nylon straps and rigging for garterbelt contraption, boots (on sale for $42), wig.
-Need to find: black sequin fabric for hot pants (yes, it's SEQUINS D: The costume designer said so), how I'm going to make the bustier, bra and rhinestones to cover it, all the buckles, studs, etc for the underbust corset.

Graverobber:
-Have: base set of boots to alter and hope they look like the Demonia Reaper-30's he wears in the movie because there's no way in hell I'm shelling out $119 for those things
-Found: Wig, extensions for the wig, makeup, belt buckle, base for Zydrate gun and zydrate vials
-Need to find: Pale yellow dress shirt to destroy, find out what he wears under said shirt, blue scarf, vinyl for his tool kit shoulderbag, pants, base for glove, fabric for coat.

...Graverobber will be the death of me, I swear. I asked Terrance if he could list what colors went into his hair (I know blue and platinum blonde, and I think I see some red/pink and lavender) but I dunno if he'll get back to me on it.

Looks like I'm shoving Rin and Archer (Fate/Stay Night) back onto my To-Do list for another con.

kristyhimura
03-10-2009, 02:32 PM
Hi, this is going to be my friend Animazement that I am cosplaying as someone. I went back in 06, and I'm quite glad that they moved to a bigger Place.

~~~~~~~~~~~
Future Trunks - Dragon Ball Z

Have - Jacket, Wig, and Belt

Need - Logo, Undershirt, Pants, Shoes
~~~~~~~~~~~
Cagalli - Gundam SEED Destiny

Have - Jacket, Pants, Ring [From Athrun], Shoes, Wig

~~~~~~~~~~~

Regena
03-10-2009, 03:14 PM
hmmm....my progress goes as followed so far.

re-do thigh armour on ff12 costume, Make bunny ears for another costume?

Start on my Soul Eater costume,And possibly tenhjo tenge

And Finish my co-workers costume for AZ.

Im debating on if i have time to work on something else, if i manage to get all of these done but we will see.

MinaUchiha2
03-10-2009, 03:37 PM
Kari- Have fabrics for shirt and will start working on it soon.
C.C.- Done only missing her wig, which is on its way.
Supreme King- Armor is the only thing not done and working on it, need to get a wig and style it for him.
Bakura- Need the ring and wig, everything else done.
Maid Itachi- No where... have red fabric for the coulds.

Blitzkrieg1701
03-10-2009, 07:09 PM
I haven't even fully decided which costumes I'll bring, but so far it looks like the only work I'll need to do is fixing up older ones. The list so far is Matt from Digimon 02, Dr. Forrester from MST3k, and Ichabod from Far Out There (yeah, I'm cosplaying my own comic)

Matt: Just got a much needed new jacket today, but need to transplant the buttons from the old one to the new one.
Dr. F: I NEED a new doctor/lab coat, but that's more than I can afford right now. In the meantime, I need to repair the wig and get a new mustache.
Ichabod: I'm still figuring out what all needs to be done here, but I know I'll be sewing a new hat from scratch (which I already have the materials for, thankfully)

...and then there's whatever other costumes I get possessed to do at the last minute. (There's always at least one, it never fails)

wanderingdreamr
03-10-2009, 07:34 PM
Let's see, I'm working on my Iyrogi plushie for Kobato (so didn't spell that right) and I plan to take advantage of all of Jo Annes coupons and go fabric shopping soon.

SaintQ
03-10-2009, 07:38 PM
I think I'm giving up my Pavi cosplay because I decided I suck at it and I don't have time, plus Repo cosplays getting to be overdone and I rather not be laughed at. Plus I don't have the funds to make a decent mask and I don't feel like buying a wig.

So that leaves me with:
Chrona- Done pretty much. I wanna make a Ragnarok sword, but funds.

Sebastian Michaelis (3 (maybe 4) versions)
Normal!Sebastian- done! Need to replace my phantomhive pin (lost it bui) and get a black tie
Circus!Sebastian AKA Black- top hat, black ribbon, make little skull pendant
Rave!Sebastian (from the punk outfits)- get chains, locks, mod a jacket, and make the shirt
Whipped!Sebastian- ....uh....shred a shirt? DONE.

Aderyn
03-10-2009, 08:06 PM
Let's see....

Mai Valentine:

Have: Skirt, vest, corset, boots, wig, duel disk, earings
Need: cards and cardholder

Mikuru Asahina (SOSQuest version) *complete*

Have: top, skirt, shaw, boots, wig, wand

Lirin

Have: top, pants, boots, demon ears, wig, makeup
Need: Arm warmers and scarf

Miki

Have: top, hat, wig, shoes, drawing notebook w/ pen
Need: purse, pants

Satori Azuma (if I decide to do it) *complete*

Have: hakama, gi, bogu, shinai, wig, glasses

liivingdeadgirl
03-10-2009, 08:16 PM
HAHA. I'm still trying to figure out the costumes i'm going to do. Feldt definitely won't happen, and now Yuki MAY not happen, cause my friends are doing a Avatar group and a skit for the masq involving Silent Hill nurses...so I have to do those. *flails*

Sh!bby
03-10-2009, 10:53 PM
I think I'm giving up my Pavi cosplay because I decided I suck at it and I don't have time, plus Repo cosplays getting to be overdone and I rather not be laughed at. Plus I don't have the funds to make a decent mask and I don't feel like buying a wig.

I'm such a perfectionist when it comes to cosplay. x_x I'm doing my best to make Amber and Graverobber as accurate as I can just because the ones I've seen have looked a bit...rushed. I don't like that it's getting overdone so quickly, but I've loved the costumes from the beginning and there's no way in hell I'm letting the critics stop me now!

Also, got some very nice faux distressed leather for Graverobber's coat today. Unfortunately, I can't start work on the sewing until after I finish a non-cosplay sewing commission. FFFFFF-

LanceBardock
03-11-2009, 06:29 AM
eeto.....

Super Gekired (Jungle Master Red Ranger)
Ok this is actually for my son, but nothing can move forward til I do this at least. have to finish the last 3 stripes and connnect the whole thing

Gundam 00 Celestial Being Lockon Stratos and Allelujah Haptism:
I have the designs, and prices, soon as check comes in then i'll start

Black Star:

I have designs for a pattern....but other than that nothing

Kamina: pants done, wig I need to re-order cape and sunglasses aren't done

Worst_Nightmare
03-11-2009, 08:25 AM
Hmm... Progress....

Well, I've got all my reference pictures.. which is the biggest part for me. I'm usually too lazy to even look for them sometimes. I just go by what I remember. XP

Anyway~

KH Kid Sora - have shirt, need to work on pattern for shorts... -glares at procrastinating sister-
KH Kid Kairi - Sis' friend has the money.. just needs to give it to me so I can get her wig and then I need to work on everything else. I have the cloth choice chosen, but I need the money to get it..
KH Kid Riku - Let's see... I have... nothing. D: And this is my own cosplay. T3T Well, I'm going to be doing patterns soon. Can't this weekend seeing as I'm going to Momocon.

Tsukasa - Hmm.. I have patterns chosen to modify? Is that progress? Heh.. Then again, Tsukasa won't debut until September at AWA.

SaintQ
03-11-2009, 08:31 AM
Can we post skit progress?

Choreography for our skit is complete! I have yet to finish cutting the song and both I and my partner need to practice our asses off. And not drop the damn cane! But other than that. I think we be prepared

Rosettes_Clock
03-11-2009, 06:00 PM
Ahhh, spring break on the beach, working on costumes... doesn't get any better than this =)

Still tweaking Lightning's skirt - curved zippers for seams. Thaaanks, Nomura. Doing the hem now, and I'll get the waistband on later tonight.

Have: "base" boots and leather for modding them, fasteners for the coat, clay for the armor, most all of the fabric and leather that I need for the construction of the coat, black glove, and the black thing cinched about her waist there.

Found: An old pair of pants made out of blue leather that I can dismantle for her gloves.
Buckles. Lots and lots of buckles and fasteners.

Need: Another haircut, yellowish leather belt, the paler shade of leather for the front of her boots, and yellow LEDs.

As for my other costume, Needlewoman is going to be buried in the ground and soaked in water for a week as soon as I get back from break. Her pants and bandages need a bit of wear and tear on them. Then it's out into the sun for some exposure for a few weeks, then into the washing machine for their date with the wire brush.

Found a gorgeous wig for her, though - took forever to find a long black wig without bangs that doesn't have a retarded hairline.

Sh!bby
03-11-2009, 06:25 PM
Pulled out Kalina Ann today. Assessed the damage on the handle left over from Otakon and AUSA combined...not too bad, wish Bucky (mai Dante) still had some resin to fix it. As-is, I may be able to get it repaired with some hot glue and black paint, though it won't be as strong.

Also, got the shipping confirmation for my leather corset. KEKEKEKEKEKEKE <3

At the moment, working on my dread falls for my rave outfit. I've been dabbling in fake hair for long enough, figured I might as well man up and try 'em. A bit on the lumpy side, but getting progressively better. Also, the blue and purple I got was not actually kanekalon and does not want to seal. I'm kind of ticked. Oh well, I guess I'll wrap some wire around those and add more metal throughout. They'll probably be worn with tons of other stuff on my head.

25 dreads down. 55 to go. FFFFFFFFF-

Here's what they look like so far: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v45/destinite/dreads1.jpg
Excuse the total lack of makeup and bikini top. It's 80 degrees here in Wilmington, I've been passed out in the sun most of the day....and after all that I'm still pale.

kristyhimura
03-11-2009, 06:30 PM
Here's what they look like so far: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v45/destinite/dreads1.jpg
Excuse the total lack of makeup and bikini top. It's 80 degrees here in Wilmington, I've been passed out in the sun most of the day....and after all that I'm still pale.

Wow they look pretty good ^^.

Sh!bby
03-11-2009, 06:39 PM
Wow they look pretty good ^^.

Thanks. :] I've got a photoshoot with a local photographer tomorrow, I was hoping to have enough done to wear...but I'm not sure if that will happen.

kristyhimura
03-11-2009, 06:42 PM
Well i wish you lock and i wish i could make myself a Rave Party Suit bu i can't so i'm just going to throw some clothes together...Got any Ideas what to wear? This will be my frist Rave ^^.

Sh!bby
03-11-2009, 06:45 PM
Kristy, just wear anything bright and shiny :] Take a look at other convention photos around Friday or Saturday night (Refractor Productions has a LOT and they're sorted by day and in chronological order) or search for rave photos on photobucket, google, or in the cosplay.com galleries.

Bright, shiny, fuzzy, vinyl, you name it. I'm a big fan of tutus, fluffies, fake hair, and vinyl myself. Not to mention the crazy makeup.

kristyhimura
03-11-2009, 07:02 PM
okay thanks ^^

MinaUchiha2
03-11-2009, 07:15 PM
Droped Karin but I won't be adding something to replace her, I've already just rotated when I'm wearing some things to fill the spot right back up.

Rosettes_Clock
03-11-2009, 07:28 PM

Wow, the dreads look awesome. I've no skill in the fake hair department, so it's not something I'd even attempt at this point. Always been curious, but not curious enough to learn about it, I guess =) They look good, though. I wish you luck in completing the rest of them.

And I feel you on the pale bit. Spent the entire day on the beach today, and I've got nothin'. Suppose it's a good thing I like being pale...

Sh!bby
03-11-2009, 07:57 PM
Wow, the dreads look awesome. I've no skill in the fake hair department, so it's not something I'd even attempt at this point. Always been curious, but not curious enough to learn about it, I guess =) They look good, though. I wish you luck in completing the rest of them.

And I feel you on the pale bit. Spent the entire day on the beach today, and I've got nothin'. Suppose it's a good thing I like being pale...

Thanks, Liz. http://www.hairextensionsforum.com/ has been an invaluable resource...the Aussies and Brits on there do crazy things with jumbo braid. Hair is my career, and I'm trying to pin down an area that not many have mastered, because the money lies in doing what nobody else can accomplish.

I've been alabaster-pale the past three summers, I'm throwing skintone accuracy for Amber and Lady to the wind and tanning it up this summer. I'll be able to fake it with makeup at AZ, but by Otakon I might as well just live with it.

Enzera87
03-12-2009, 03:46 PM

:dorkface:
They look amazing!!!! XDD

Beside it's about time Wilmington gets some warm weather. . . Haha! Can't you hear the fire truck sirens?!

Enzera87
03-12-2009, 04:00 PM
Sora - Kingdom Hearts II
Remake the shirt. Shorten the jacket length. Style wig. Make shoes and Keyblade. Shorts are the only thing complete. /sigh

Vegeta - DragonBall Z / Vegeta Saga
Tail is finish all I have to do is make the bottom armor. . . Everything else is done.

Cait Sith - Final Fantasy VII
Reattach the fur to stomach. I'm just to lazy to do something so simple everything else is done.

Zack Fair - Final Fantasy VII Crisis Core
Shirt, check. Pants, check. Shoes, check. Gloves, check. Belt, check. Have to make Buster sword, straps, and shoulder pads. Also have to finish styling the wig.

Cheshire Cat - Wonderland / Rave outfit. ;3
Arm warmers and leg warmers are complete and also the tail. Need to make cat ears and outfit.

Sh!bby
03-12-2009, 04:42 PM
Ordered my Amber contacts last night. They're not the Manson ones, because I'm too cheap to buy those. They're a super pale blue, which will work just fine. I actually like them better. :p

Photoshoot went well. I did end up wearing the dreads, but I layered them on top of a loose, wavy ponytail fall for added body. Wandering downtown in a red pvc corset and 6-inch metal covered platform boots with HUGE dread-hair gets you a lot of stares.

Some little boy looked at me all wide-eyed and said "MOMMY SHE'S A SUPERHERO!" XD

kristyhimura
03-12-2009, 04:48 PM
Ordered my Amber contacts last night. They're not the Manson ones, because I'm too cheap to buy those. They're a super pale blue, which will work just fine. I actually like them better. :p

Photoshoot went well. I did end up wearing the dreads, but I layered them on top of a loose, wavy ponytail fall for added body. Wandering downtown in a red pvc corset and 6-inch metal covered platform boots with HUGE dread-hair gets you a lot of stares.

Some little boy looked at me all wide-eyed and said "MOMMY SHE'S A SUPERHERO!" XD

OMG, i want to see pics ^^

Sh!bby
03-12-2009, 05:23 PM
OMG, i want to see pics ^^

I'm waiting on the photographer to finish postprocessing. He's rather new to the scene, but seems to know what he's doing. I'll post a link when I get them back. They'll be on my myspace, amongst other places. Putting a link to my myspace in my signature now, come to think of it...

kristyhimura
03-12-2009, 05:26 PM
Okay Koolness. I think if i can get a good camra and my costumes done i too will put some picks up on my Myspace and Cospaly.com.

Fallain
03-12-2009, 05:28 PM
awhes, I didn't get to see the shoot? XD oh well, can't wait to see the pics <3

and love the dreads. Awsome as usual

Sh!bby
03-12-2009, 08:12 PM
By the way, I just got back some of the pics from the shoot (fast, I know!). They're up on my myspace, located in my signature. It's public and all...Daniel Gray Photography is the album, for those who were interested.

Lovelychristina
03-12-2009, 08:40 PM
Pip's cosplay:
Wig *Checks off*
Outfit *Checks off*
Dog Tags *Checks off*
Combat Boots
Web belt

Undertakers Version 1:
Wigs *Checks off*
Outfit *Checks off*
Boots
New Beaded necklace

Ichiro:
Jacket *Checks off*
Pants
Shirt
Clip on for my glasses
Hat
Shoes

Usami:
Yellow Tie *Checks off*
Bear- Its a Different Color but its my favorite one! *Checks off*
Vest *Checks off*
Wig *Checks off*

Marluxia (Questionable If The Commissioner gets my Coat done):
Coat *Checks off*
Sycthe Paid *Checks off*
Boots
Wig.

Fallain
03-12-2009, 09:38 PM
By the way, I just got back some of the pics from the shoot (fast, I know!). They're up on my myspace, located in my signature. It's public and all...Daniel Gray Photography is the album, for those who were interested.

You amaze me miss lady D:

Bunneh-kins
03-12-2009, 11:21 PM
Hello guys! To liivingdeadgirl, it'll be sad if you are not doing your Yuki cosplay! =< I was looking forward to having a twin lol. Hm, however, unlike most cosplayers i think, i can only cosplay Yuki because I am poor and Yuki was my first choice. By Yuki, I do mean the turned Yuki from VK. I'm also currentlly working on her scythe with my father.

Yuki (Vampire Knight Guilty):
Have: Jacket, Undershirt, skirt, red tie (kinda confused how I am going to wear it, skirt (all of the ones above this message was purchased from Cosplay Garden on Ebay because while am okay at sowing, I wouldn't be able to do anything as extravagant as that jacket so I just thought this would be easier), Thigh-highs (i have two pair... i think they fit my legs a little tightly though, so i am looking for a pair that doesn't cling as tightly, help? :lost:), boots (took me forever!!! when i saw the anime, i thought the boots had belts but i was showed they didn't, they are jsut brown lace-up boots.... however they were so hard to find! I finally found a pair int he childreens section of my work, K-mart. They were the last pair there and fit my tiny feet perfectly, I bought them immediately!!! lol)

In the making: Artemis' scythe form (a lot harder than i thought it would be! But I think me and my father are doing pretty well on it. It's my first prop I ever made so... Feedback please? :bigtu: Pictures can be found in the links below)
http://bunneh-kins.deviantart.com/art/Yuki-Scythe-in-the-making-1-115579671
http://bunneh-kins.deviantart.com/art/Yuki-Scythe-in-the-making-2-115580128
http://bunneh-kins.deviantart.com/art/Yuki-Scythe-in-the-making-4-115580507

I've also always wanted to do a Vampire Princess Miyu cosplay... If I get the extra money, considering it'd be cheap to make the kimono, and obi, and all you would need is a ribbon on your foot... Only think expensive would be a very long brown wig... I have long hair but I also have NO IDEA how to do Miyu's hair but I guess that is something for the hair and wig forum, huh? =P

Regena
03-12-2009, 11:23 PM
Woot i made progress....today i sew'd a majority of Fuu's skirt. If i work on it some more tomorrow before work. Then i could also knock out the kimono top this weekend, if i have enough motivationXD

Fallain
03-12-2009, 11:25 PM
bunneh- your scythe looks amazing, what material did you use for the blade?

And are you doing Miyu's hair in the 1 bun thing? That wouldn't be too hard if you knew how to do buns

kristyhimura
03-12-2009, 11:29 PM

LOve themmmmmmm!!!!!!!!!!!

Bunneh-kins
03-12-2009, 11:38 PM
^-^ Thankies!!!! Anyway, it is made from insulation foam! I found the forum on here for a scythe tutorial and decided to give it a shot!

As for the hair, I know how to do buns... Did them alllll the time for color guard (Marching band not JROTC), but I dunno if i would divide my hair into two sections, pull the lower section into the side poney-tail, and then use the other half to do the bun or what... ~sighs~ And I'll probably have extensions in anyway for Yuki's hair because hers is just a lil longer than mine in her turned form.... So would i even need to slit it into two like that or... ? sorry if these questions sounds dumb. ^-^;;;

Sh!bby
03-13-2009, 12:05 AM
Bunneh: I'd suggest using your hair to do the bun and then using extensions for the ponytail. If your hair is long enough, you probably won't need to part it, just slick it all up into the bun. Also, if you can't get a satisfactory side bun, go to an ethnic hair store (where the black ladies buy weave, ask a chick with a weave if you don't know of one, seriously!) and buy a bun hairpiece, then put it over the bun you have. attach the ponytail extension to your real hair-bun, then place the hairpiece over it. Voila. They're usually less than $20. Most are like $10-12.

EDIT: http://www.highlandisland.com/media/hairaccessories/TR2101lg.jpg is what I'm talking about :] They come in lots of different styles and colors!

Bunneh-kins
03-13-2009, 12:12 AM
Thankies for the advice! I will try putting my hair into a side bun tomm. I probably wont need the hair piece though lol. Being in color guard we had to do sock buns in under 30 min and my hair is loooooong so it was uber hard.... O_O I just got a great idea... Attaching the fake hair to the sock that goes in the sock bun! >_> I feel so silleh now lol. Thankies you guys for helping me! I'll go check prices on material for the kimono and Obi tomm!

Sh!bby
03-13-2009, 12:19 AM
Bunneh: Yep! Attach the fake hair ponytail to the base of the bun-ponytail, then roll 'er up! Should work fantastically. What kind of fake hair do you have? is it drawstring, clip, or on an elastic? I think if you used just the loose silky hair (kanekalon or toyokalon usually) just how it comes out of the bag like this: http://www.ehair4u.com/img/DSC_4405.jpg it would sit under the bun really cleanly.

That's like $3 at an ethnic hair store and it's called a Yaki Pony. Reason I suggest that is because if you're using a clip or string fall, it may be too bulky.

Fallain
03-13-2009, 12:24 AM
Bunneh- wow, insulation foam? o_O Some people are genius I tell you...Either way, the details look great.

Looks like you've got the hair figured out ^^()

Bunneh-kins
03-13-2009, 08:53 AM
DestiniteLuna- Thankies desu! I do not have any fake hair yet.... ^-^;; But I shall buy some... I still need to find some good extentions for my yuki cosplay... Ah i guess i shoulda put that down on "don't have" for my progress.... Sorry... ^-^;;;

Side note: So basiclly i live on a mountain right now. I know this has nothing to do with this thread, however, I had a really good idea for pictures of me in my Yuki outfit because i do not know any professional photographers... It just snowed last night... I'm thinking taking some pics of me in my Yuki costume in the snow... o_o Good idea? >_>

Fallain: Again, thankies for the compliment!!!! You made me feel soooo much better about my scythe because i didn't know what others would think... Lol Daddy and i are going to start fiberglassing it today probably. Then daddy is going to take it home, and sand the bones in it.... Then i am going to try to get it back here, paint it and stuff, and take some pictures around this tiny town with it. ^-^ I wish I had other VK cosplayers I know to take pictures with..... =<

P.S. I will let you have a more extensive look at it at the convention if I happen to meet you! ^-^

kristyhimura
03-13-2009, 09:00 AM
Bunneh - Good luck with everything, i hope to see you at the con ^^;

btw where do you live at, my half bro also lives on a mountain, and in a small town.

Bunneh-kins
03-13-2009, 09:19 AM
Live? Live... Wellllll... Technically I live two places. Henry County Va, home of the Martinsville race track, is where I was born and raised and daddy still has my room waiting for me... However, where I am at right now is at my college in Wise va. This is around the west-most part on the tip of Va. Convince him to go as Zero so we can take pics? xD

Fallain
03-13-2009, 12:19 PM
Oh I am defently going to be hunting you down at the con to take a close up look at that epic scythe! Can't wait for more pictures <3

kristyhimura
03-13-2009, 12:46 PM
Hey anyone got a used Red and Black Wig i could bum for the Rave Party?? I'll give it back but i don't have much money left and i found myself wearing black and red for my rave cloths >>;

Fallain
03-13-2009, 01:06 PM
I've got a long black wavy wig that I could attach red extensions to? lol

Hey, the point is I tried to help at least :\

kristyhimura
03-13-2009, 01:14 PM
I've got a long black wavy wig that I could attach red extensions to? lol

Hey, the point is I tried to help at least :\

OMG that would be kool, got of a pic of it? I would pay you like 5 bucks to wear it if i have to. xD

Fallain
03-13-2009, 01:19 PM
lol You wouldn't have to pay me, I'm already loaning another one of my wigs out to someone else, it's no biggie (as long as you give it back anyways >_>)

I only have a pic of the wig, not the extensions. As soon as I dig up some batteries out of whichever box I packed them in I'll put them in and take some new pics for you.

heres the wig though. http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=12809937&albumID=2120624&imageID=49040165

kristyhimura
03-13-2009, 01:20 PM
lol You wouldn't have to pay me, I'm already loaning another one of my wigs out to someone else, it's no biggie (as long as you give it back anyways >_>)

I only have a pic of the wig, not the extensions. As soon as I dig up some batteries out of whichever box I packed them in I'll put them in and take some new pics for you.

heres the wig though. http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=12809937&albumID=2120624&imageID=49040165

Umm link says = This photo cannot be viewed because it has either been deleted or marked as private by the user.

Fallain
03-13-2009, 01:28 PM
doh >_< hang on and i'll upload it to photobucket

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v78/Murderdolly/P1010030.jpg

kristyhimura
03-13-2009, 01:35 PM
doh >_< hang on and i'll upload it to photobucket

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v78/Murderdolly/P1010030.jpg

WOW i like it, that would be cute with a bit of Red in it ^^

Fallain
03-13-2009, 01:40 PM
Thanks ^^ I adore the curls. I'll send you a pic of it with the extensions in as soon as I get it.

Good luck wearing it to the rave XD Wigs = death after 3 hours in there

kristyhimura
03-13-2009, 01:41 PM
Thanks but my hair is to short and right now i kindof wish i didn't cut it off cuz i'm going as trunks and i couldn't really find a wig but i got one...so my brown hair is abit scary lol.

Fallain
03-13-2009, 02:02 PM
ah O_O I know the feeling lol I'm so happy mine is finally growing back out D: I accidentally chopped it into a mullet...>_> I had a friend fix it for me though <3 But I miss the length it was no matter how hideous it was

Can't wait to see your Trunks cosplay. You need to get some pics up on your profile :)

kristyhimura
03-13-2009, 02:14 PM
My costume isn't done but when my Cagalli costume comes and i put it in with the wig and the ring i'll try to get pics of it and what not for everybody to look at and whatnot.

My trunks' wig should be coming in soon as well.

Fallain
03-13-2009, 02:17 PM
awesome ^^ I love looking at people's in-progress pictures.

Where did your order your wigs from? the place I usually get mine from is great and I love it but they take so dang long to get here...I'm trying to find somewhere quicker so I don't have a panic attack about them coming in on time

kristyhimura
03-13-2009, 02:20 PM
I got one from Ebay and another from Sally's Wigs or something like that..the ebay one is Trunks i do belive and the other one is my Cagalli one.

Fallain
03-13-2009, 02:26 PM
ah ok, I usually get mine from Zhenna on ebay but I'm going to go look that sally's one up. Thanks!

kristyhimura
03-13-2009, 02:36 PM
Welcome

Let me get you a full link and you should be able to see what they have ^^

kristyhimura
03-13-2009, 02:39 PM
wait i bought them both from ebay xD

Fallain
03-13-2009, 02:49 PM
lol thats ok. Thanks anyway, it's the thought that counts XD

kristyhimura
03-13-2009, 02:55 PM
Yeah If i get one piece at a time i'll take pic of them all and put them on my site thingy.

Btw - Thanks a bunch, I'm going to bring you a Box of Pocky, do you want Chocolate or Strawberry?

Fallain
03-13-2009, 03:57 PM
lol you don't have to bring me anything D: I just like helping

MinaUchiha2
03-13-2009, 06:24 PM
I got my wig for C.C.!
I have a picture I took of me with it on, but for some reason in the picture it kinda got a bluish tint, its actully a jade/emrald green! I'mma wear it Tuesday. Heres a pic:
http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q110/DarkFairyGirl1415/ccwig001.jpg

Yuki Hikari
03-13-2009, 08:06 PM
I have started my costume at all! :'D
But I have bought the wig already, unlike last year when I ordered it a few weeks before.
And I've bought some fabric.
I should get started... sometime soon... hopefully..

Bunneh-kins
03-13-2009, 09:00 PM
MAN! I hate Kmart! If it wasn't for needing money for the ocn i so would not evebn be working there!!! >_> ~rubs her feet whimpering~

Anyway, hi yuki!!! who are you thinking of going as?

Kristy... ~whimpers and gives Shuichiesc shiny and watery puppy dog eyes.~ I-I want a box of stwabewwy pockeh.... ~whimpers~ Pwease? ~looks all cute and innocent.~

So basically, earlier i went to take pictures in my costume........ Yea... it isn't finished... `sighs~ The jacket needs to be a bit longer and taken in at the waist... it's like the people who made it did not account for the fact i am larger in certain areas than others... le sigh... and i gave them my measurements too... I would show pics but i am toooooooo emberassed... they make me look like I weigh 250... and while yes, i am a chubbeh, I am not that big... No offense to people who are i still <3 you anyway! But still... I felt horrible... I almost cried... :bigcry:

As for the Rave... i dunno what i am going to wear... I might buy like a purple skirt, wear my black boots, a black shiny shirt, and put purple clip-ins in my hair. ^-^ lol.

<3<3<3<3

kristyhimura
03-13-2009, 09:14 PM
*smiles* @ Bunneh, Sure you get strawberry pocky too, now that's 5 boxes i have to bring of strawberry pocky..xD

o01101011
03-13-2009, 09:35 PM
Finally got my sleeves almost done, even though I had to hand gather.

Hopefully I can get more done tomorrow, like the cross detailing.

Bunneh-kins
03-13-2009, 10:30 PM
ZOMG! Kristy, really?! Oh iw ould love you forever!!!! I LOVE pocky!!! Especially Strawberry... ~droooools..~

~stares off for a few drooling thinking of strawberry pocky....~

~blinks and whipes the drool laughing nervously.~ ah! o01, I'd like to see piccy's! I think it'd be coolies.

kristyhimura
03-13-2009, 10:38 PM
ZOMG! Kristy, really?! Oh iw ould love you forever!!!! I LOVE pocky!!! Especially Strawberry... ~droooools..~

~stares off for a few drooling thinking of strawberry pocky....~

~blinks and whipes the drool laughing nervously.~ ah! o01, I'd like to see piccy's! I think it'd be coolies.

Just as long as you finish all of your cosplay costumes

Sh!bby
03-13-2009, 11:36 PM
Got the black v-neck undershirt and a faded-mustard-yellow linen oversized women's blazer for Graverobber...the black undershirt is nice and soft, Bucky'll love it, and the blazer is ugly as sin but is the right fabric for my purposes and the neckline and sleeves work, so I just need to remove pockets, sew the front together, and take it in a bit. Thank youuuu, Goodwill.

Also got a leather bustier (also Goodwill!) for $3. It'll work for Amber's leather bustier that goes UNDER the corset (SO MUCH LEATHER). Just need to hack up an old, ugly leather skirt i have and make shoulder straps. Then hunt down some black sequin fabric and a shineybra. Probably going to hunt around Goodwill for 80's sequined ugly and hack it up to make hot pants.

I kind of want to slap the costume designer for giving Amber sequin hotpants. I mean really...? REALLY?!

SaintQ
03-13-2009, 11:46 PM
I thought almost all of the clothes Zydrate Anatomy Amber wears (excepting the lace shrug) were Paris's own clothes?

Anyhow.
Uh.
I haven't done anything except do a couple of funtimes cosplay shoots. In a graveyard. Then the cops showed up.

Fallain
03-14-2009, 12:03 AM
omg pocky explosion o_O

I'm going to the wig store tomorrow to see if I can find a decent wig in town for Ken, James and possibly Duo before I order any online and i'll let you guys know if I find anything good o_O

Fallain
03-14-2009, 12:10 AM
Got the black v-neck undershirt and a faded-mustard-yellow linen oversized women's blazer for Graverobber...the black undershirt is nice and soft, Bucky'll love it, and the blazer is ugly as sin but is the right fabric for my purposes and the neckline and sleeves work, so I just need to remove pockets, sew the front together, and take it in a bit. Thank youuuu, Goodwill.

Also got a leather bustier (also Goodwill!) for $3. It'll work for Amber's leather bustier that goes UNDER the corset (SO MUCH LEATHER). Just need to hack up an old, ugly leather skirt i have and make shoulder straps. Then hunt down some black sequin fabric and a shineybra. Probably going to hunt around Goodwill for 80's sequined ugly and hack it up to make hot pants.

I kind of want to slap the costume designer for giving Amber sequin hotpants. I mean really...? REALLY?!

god will for the uber win <3 I'm hoping to be going by there tomorrow too

Sh!bby
03-14-2009, 12:44 AM
SaintQ: yeah, a good deal were hers. I just checked the costume breakdown and they weren't something Paris already had, they were by Leg Avenue. And I just bought them for $30 after shipping, lololololol.

Because I don't want to sew sequins. I'm sick of difficult fabrics for the moment.

double00beaver
03-14-2009, 08:05 AM
I feel like I fail utterly hard. I haven't even decided on my cosplays for this year and I have nothing done and I'm usually done by January. x__x

Bunneh-kins
03-14-2009, 11:49 AM
~pets deh beaver~ it be okeh just get it done by May ~nods~

http://cgi.ebay.com/MuLtI-CoLoR-Funky-CLUB-RAVE-GOTH-Wig-Wigs-SKIN-TOP-WIG_W0QQitemZ350177203164QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_CSA _MWA_Wigs_Extensions?hash=item350177203164&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1728|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A13 18|301%3A0|293%3A18|294%3A50

That link is to a wig i found... I think it was Kristy who was looking for it? It's natural color brown i think mixed with red. I thought of you when i saw it because i was looking for my raver outfit for the con.

Anyway, Yes I am finding my raver stuff. I am kinda shy about it, so i will post pics on my final decisions on here to see if you guys like them I dun wanna go in the party looking uber stupid. xD

kristyhimura
03-14-2009, 12:18 PM
it looks kool but i like your black wig a bit better >> Red and Brown really don't go as great as Black and Red.

Thanks ^^

Edit -

I like this one abit

http://http://www.makebelievecostume.com/detail/RB-51334.html

Fallain
03-14-2009, 02:58 PM
Well, the wig hunt was a fail. I found one that I may be able to transform into the Digimon Emperor but i'll have to order James and Duo offline next week.

I got the basics for James. He's going to be ALOT easier than I thought. I still need to go to the fabric store to get some red and white fabric sometime though.

And I finally got the shoes and socks for Shana so all that's left for her is the red contacts. w00t!

o01101011
03-14-2009, 03:11 PM
I'm not happy with my dresses sleeves....this isn't good. I could redo them with another "poof" top design, but then I might not have enough satin for the layers for the skirt. Or I could keep the lamb leg sleeve...but the poofs just seem so big on my manequin. CURSE YOU UNDEFINED DESIGNS! Air gear is not known for its consistency in detail ;n;

double00beaver
03-14-2009, 04:11 PM
I picked two cosplays! Now...I just have to get them done.

I'm making some progress. -shifty eyes-

kristyhimura
03-14-2009, 05:04 PM
I picked two cosplays! Now...I just have to get them done.

I'm making some progress. -shifty eyes-

What have you decided?

Sh!bby
03-14-2009, 05:39 PM
Was cleaning out under the sink at my parents' house and guess what I found?

Six plastic vials left over from some floral arrangement.

ZYDRATE VIALS.

I'm thinking of filling them with bright blue dishwashing liquid and sealing them with hot glue. They won't glow, but they'll be blue and translucent.

Also ordered Graverobber's Danzig belt buckle last night.

double00beaver
03-14-2009, 07:23 PM
What have you decided?

Roxas is a definite because I'm hosting a Kingdom Hearts panel.
My second costume, hopefully, is going to be X-2 Thief Rikku.

kristyhimura
03-14-2009, 07:37 PM
Roxas is a definite because I'm hosting a Kingdom Hearts panel.
My second costume, hopefully, is going to be X-2 Thief Rikku.

did you get that idea off of Animazement's forums? [btw i'm Kristyhimura there too]

Fallain
03-14-2009, 08:49 PM
Was cleaning out under the sink at my parents' house and guess what I found?

Six plastic vials left over from some floral arrangement.

ZYDRATE VIALS.

I'm thinking of filling them with bright blue dishwashing liquid and sealing them with hot glue. They won't glow, but they'll be blue and translucent.

Also ordered Graverobber's Danzig belt buckle last night.

I'd suggest putting a blue glow stick in them but that'd only show up at night :( That's pretty damn cool though. I'm gonna come steal one and run around like a zydrate addict XD

o01: Ack, i'm no good at sewing so I dunno how I could help :( Sorry. Good luck though

Bunneh-kins
03-14-2009, 09:07 PM
Lol coolies. Anyway.... Wouldn't blue koolaid work just as well? then you could actually drink them, AND THEY'LL TASTE GOOD!!! xD

Fallain
03-14-2009, 09:08 PM
but then everyone would be drinking them and what would she cosplay with? lol Neat idea though, it'd make some great pictures for Amber

Bunneh-kins
03-14-2009, 09:21 PM
lol well then fill soem up with the blue drain cleaner and some others with koolaid for pics o_o lol

FFrikku
03-14-2009, 09:23 PM
my turn!
(i feel like this is more de-motivating xDDD)
Thief Rikku:
materials and pattern for skirt and arm things- bought
top-ready
wig-ordered, arriving soon hopefully
need to: make boots, earrings, weapons, scarf, belt, pockets

yuuka maeda (skit):
all ready, just need to polish up moves

ran:
all i have is the pink hairspray ;_;

reborn/chrome (still deciding):
if reborn- need to fix my wig, get a blue tie, sharpie in the pinstripes on my fedora, make a paci, make Leon and a fake gun
if chrome- must buy wig, materials for jacket and skirt, make eyepatch

yep. still a ways to go

Fallain
03-14-2009, 09:32 PM
lol well then fill soem up with the blue drain cleaner and some others with koolaid for pics o_o lol
O_O but what if someone accidentally drinks he drain cleaner?! OMG!

ffriku: wow, your doing theif rikku? thats my fav version :bigtu:

o01101011
03-14-2009, 09:34 PM
my turn!
(i feel like this is more de-motivating xDDD)
Thief Rikku:
materials and pattern for skirt and arm things- bought
top-ready
wig-ordered, arriving soon hopefully
need to: make boots, earrings, weapons, scarf, belt, pockets

yuuka maeda (skit):
all ready, just need to polish up moves

ran:
all i have is the pink hairspray ;_;

reborn/chrome (still deciding):
if reborn- need to fix my wig, get a blue tie, sharpie in the pinstripes on my fedora, make a paci, make Leon and a fake gun
if chrome- must buy wig, materials for jacket and skirt, make eyepatch

yep. still a ways to go

O___O;;;;; pink hair spray? whhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhy??????????????????

kristyhimura
03-14-2009, 09:40 PM

She's doing someone with Pink Hair?

FFrikku
03-14-2009, 09:49 PM
because ran has pink hair and i cant afford a 3rd wig. i bought some pink haircolor in a can last halloween.

Bunneh-kins
03-14-2009, 09:57 PM
Glue on the caps that has the drain cleaner inside ~nods~

btw pink hairspray sounds cool just make you get it all in your hair lol.
Edit: also, pink hairspray tends to rub off on your costume if you ahve longish hair.

o01101011
03-14-2009, 10:19 PM
Colored hairspray looks terrible with any hair style except short spiked ones imho.

...Or captain planet, and that even took 2 cans

Sh!bby
03-14-2009, 11:24 PM

Nah, homicide isn't on my agenda (for that weekend, anyway). But the reason I'm probably using dish soap is so it doesn't evaporate and steam up the space in the vial, or get all gunky. KoolAid would likely stain the vial, and drain cleaner is a very strong alkaline and probably isn't a good idea to keep anywhere on your person.

Oh, and you don't DRINK Zydrate! It's 'injected', kind of. Or whatever the hell the Zydate gun is supposed to be doing...

SaintQ
03-14-2009, 11:42 PM
The Z-gun injects the zydrate into the bloodstream. It also sends a small electrical charge along with it, because according to the zydrate.com website, zydrate needs an electrical current to help turbo-charge the effects of it. Or something. i haven't looked at it in a while.

Becoming increasingly discouraged by my facial shape. need to practice contouring.

o01101011
03-15-2009, 12:00 AM
Nah, homicide isn't on my agenda (for that weekend, anyway). But the reason I'm probably using dish soap is so it doesn't evaporate and steam up the space in the vial, or get all gunky. KoolAid would likely stain the vial, and drain cleaner is a very strong alkaline and probably isn't a good idea to keep anywhere on your person.

Oh, and you don't DRINK Zydrate! It's 'injected', kind of. Or whatever the hell the Zydate gun is supposed to be doing...

You might want to use mouth wash instead, since it is far less likely to bubble up if it does get shaken or dry out slowly over time.

FFrikku
03-15-2009, 12:01 AM
Colored hairspray looks terrible with any hair style except short spiked ones imho.

...Or captain planet, and that even took 2 cans

um...thanks...
i'll...go try to find a cheap wig?
my friends have used colored hairspray in the past and it's worked fine. i mean, if color hairspray is taboo, i'll just scrap that one. cause i cant afford another wig or to dye my hair pink

Sh!bby
03-15-2009, 12:04 AM
You might want to use mouth wash instead, since it is far less likely to bubble up if it does get shaken or dry out slowly over time.

I think I'll try a few different things a few weeks ahead of time and see what works best, but I do have some blue mouthwash, so I'll give it a shot!

kristyhimura
03-15-2009, 12:43 AM
um...thanks...
i'll...go try to find a cheap wig?
my friends have used colored hairspray in the past and it's worked fine. i mean, if color hairspray is taboo, i'll just scrap that one. cause i cant afford another wig or to dye my hair pink

you could have just asked around and see if someone has a Pink wig that the wouldn't mind you using [like Fallian is doing for me]

DestiniteLuna - Why not get something that would glow in the dark, or under some black lights, like Blue HighLiner Ink? >>'

Sh!bby
03-15-2009, 01:05 AM
Kristy: Because I wouldn't be under any blacklights XD And the only thing I can think of that would glow in the dark would be glowstick juice. I suppose I could bring my hot glue gun, a few glowsticks, and whatever fluid works best (mouthwash or dishsoap) and mix the glowstick fluid in with it in the hotel room the day of. That way it would glow.

I'll look into it~

SaintQ
03-15-2009, 01:14 AM
Considered looking into LED lights that you can put in the vial? That would give it a glowing appearance...possibly.

Sh!bby
03-15-2009, 01:36 AM
Yeah, I considered LED's, but I'm not sure how I would rig them up. I'm gonna have to do more research on how they work and how I can integrate them into my gun.

EDIT: Just talked to my boyfriend (my Graverobber <3) and he knows how to rig up LED circuits. I should have known. He's bloody brilliant.

Fallain
03-15-2009, 02:12 AM
Ack, I ment to spend today experimenting with this wig for the Digimon Kaizer and starting James' shirt but I got that horrible kind of dizzy feeling that makes you nausias and just slept for about 5 hours >_<

Wow Luna, your going to have the gun too? Leave it to you to get so extravagant and detailed about this cosplay lol And leave it to your boyfriend to be a freakin genius. Isn't he going to some college where you have to be a brain scientist to graduate anyways? XD

double00beaver
03-15-2009, 02:16 AM
did you get that idea off of Animazement's forums? [btw i'm Kristyhimura there too]

-blink- What idea?

I got some progress done. I found a do it yourself guide to one of my costumes!

Sh!bby
03-15-2009, 02:28 AM
Fallain/NICCI LOL: Baby, you can call me by my real name! And yeah, I'm a detail whore, for serious. Bucky's a Nuclear Engineering major at NC State with a minor in Japanese.

Fallain
03-15-2009, 02:36 AM
lol well I didn't know if you were one of those people that was like "OMG MY REAL IDENTITY IS SUPA SECRET" XD Steeeeeeeeephanie <3 What're you doing awake at 3:30am anyways?

Yea..nuclear engineering, brain surgery...same difference. Genius XD But anyways, that's probably why your cosplays are always so freaking awsome.

Hey anyone who's seen Digimon 02, any ideas on how I would make the shoulder armor for the Digimon emperor's cape and attach it to the cape so that it still closes in the front? I was thinking about sewing the cape first and going ahead and making the collar for it and closure and then making the shoulders out of craft foam but then I was thinking maybe the closure should be craft foam too? But then i'm not sure how to attach it..super glue? and if it would hold

Sh!bby
03-15-2009, 02:46 AM
Nicci, post a reference and I may be able to help you. But yes, foamies would probablky work. And you'd have to experiment. you may not be able to use foamies if the fabric you're attaching is too heavy.

Hot glue works well to attach foamies to each other.

EDIT: Just ordered boots for Amber. HOOKER BOOTS YAY.

MinaUchiha2
03-15-2009, 08:42 AM
You could use snaps. Um for the armor you could use vynal, or cardboard.

kristyhimura
03-15-2009, 08:50 AM
Oh okay ^^..i thought there mite be come blacklights at the rave >>; my bad lol

Bunneh-kins
03-15-2009, 09:32 AM
~pokes zeh Luna~ mew... I want to be uber detialish too but... but... it isnt working out save for on my scythe.... Oh and yea NC state is uber hard to get into lol... I wish my college had Japanese...

kristyhimura
03-15-2009, 10:08 AM
~pokes zeh Luna~ mew... I want to be uber detialish too but... but... it isnt working out save for on my scythe.... Oh and yea NC state is uber hard to get into lol... I wish my college had Japanese...

There is one that i know of that has Japanese as another language and that's the one in Jacksonville its the Community College <<;

If i do go to college or if i ever go..i mite have to go to that one cuz of the CSI type classes..the one near my house don't have everything.

Sh!bby
03-15-2009, 10:41 AM
Bunneh - I was accepted to the NCSU honor program, but didn't want to do engineering or agriculture, so I went to UNCW for two years and took Japanese. They offer a minor. I left to go to cosmetology school because I wasn't feelin' it. I tried psychology, sociology, and business as majors and never really liked any of them all that much. Fantastic grades, no passion. Eh. BUT NOW I'VE GOT BOTH, LULZ.

Kristy - Yeah, there are usually blacklights at the rave, but I don't think we'll be doing Repo! at the rave because I purchased a ton of white and silver pvc vinyl from JoAnn after Halloween in order to make rave outfits. :3

kristyhimura
03-15-2009, 11:43 AM
lol I got ya, alright then.. now to bother Fallian with hugs and stuff cuz she's awsome ^^ .. OH i post up a few pics of the stuff i have found and need to work on..on my myspace

I have my profile to open so everybody can look at it, just check out my pics i just added today..they are in the folders under the name of what they are.

My myspace (http://www.myspace.com/kristyhimura)

Sh!bby
03-15-2009, 12:59 PM
Kristy, where in NC do you live? Going by your Myspace, I'm guessing somewhere on the coast. Fallain and I are in Wilmington.

Now, for an updated rundown of things I have/ordered/have to do:

Amber Sweet:
-Have: Leather bustier, extra leather to alter said bustier, black nail polish, thigh high black stockings
-Ordered: Leg Avenue Black sequin hotpants (eew), Patent leather Pleaser Seduce-3050 thigh high boots, ice blue contact lenses, black leather underbust corset.
-Need: Black wig, Bettie Page style (already found it, need to order with my next paycheck), nylon webbing for the garter harness, dramatic fake eyelashes, assorted buckles, studs, grommets, etc.
-Need to do: Alter corset and bustier, make garter harness, style wig, figure out makeup

...I feel so close to done on this one <3 It makes me incredibly happy.

Graverobber:
-Have: Faux distressed leather for overcoat, base boots, black v-neck tshirt that exposes lots of MANRY chest, faded dull mustard-yellow button down that needs alteration, but will work, Zydrate vials, glue gun to turn into a Zydrate gun (too cheap to buy a paint gun)
-On order: Danzig belt buckle.
-Need: gloves (motorcycle gloves), long, thin blue scarf (or fabric, lolol), pants to alter, dark reddish-brown (or whatever color, I can dye it) faux sheepskin for the coat collar, metal plates and buckles to make "Reaper-30" style boots out of the ones we have, wig (found it lol), blue, red, and platinum loose extensions, very pale face-makeup, stuff to alter the Zydrate gun, leather or vinyl for vial harness and MANPURSELOL.
-Need to do: possibly dye fake leather a little darker/splotchier, make coat (easy! I'm a coat MASTAH at this point.), alter shirt (again, easy lol), alter pants (MOAR EASY), make manpurse and thigh harness harness (euuugh), make boot-harness, add extensions to wig and style, work on makeup, figure out Zydrate mixture. Oh, and weather ALL of the clothing to make it look like he's a scruffy, sexy street rat who digs up dead people and shoves needles up their noses.

Bucky says he'll make the Zydrate gun <3 One less thing for me to fight with.

Also...when I show people references for these costumes, since the Zydrate Anatomy vids on youtube have been deleted due to copyright, I've been sending them THIS LINK. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgcr8t-BUGM)

Deleted sex scene. LOLOLOLOL. ;_;

I'll take pics when all of my stuff comes in. This week will be a constant stream of packages and me being all whiney because I have to finish my commission before I start on my own stuff.

kristyhimura
03-15-2009, 01:12 PM
I live in Sea Level, which is on the really cost line, after you go pass Morehead City and Beaufort, on 70 east.

Omg i want to see you in that Zydrate Anatomy outfit x)

MUST TAKE PICS OF YOU....btw i found a camra YAY and it works YAY. That's what i used for my new pics on my myspace profile.

One camra - free, my grandma gave it to my son.

Recharageable battlers - Free, had them for my x box controllers

Member Card - Free, had it from my old Motorola Slvr cellphone

Haveing it for AZ 09 - Priceless ^^

Sh!bby
03-15-2009, 01:17 PM
Yes, please take lots of pics, Kristy! Of everyone...I have literally dozens of friends who attend (most of whom I dragged to the con myself in previous years) and I never bring a camera, so I never get pics. :< I've got a few photoshoots lined up with good photographers, and the photographer who did my recent photoshoot in the dreads, corset, and boots may be attending because he's apparently a huge nerd.

But there's really no fun in hunting when all the photos of you are on two or three sites and all lumped together!

My photoshoots are going to involve a ridiculous amount of fanservice. After watching the movie (particularly the Zydrate Anatomy scene), I kept thinking "Amber and Graverobber HAD to have hooked up at some point". Then I saw the deleted scene. Guess I was right.

And of course my Lady and Dante are always fanservicey. They're my DMC OTP after all. Not much makes me angrier fandom-wise than Dante all up on Trish. FFFFFFFFFFFFF-

kristyhimura
03-15-2009, 01:28 PM
Umm i away thought that Dante and Trish were more like Bro/Sis plus Dante says that she looks a lot like his human mother and that's why he hangs with her...

BTW Trish is my nickname and yes it is spelled like hers..and the a chick from WWE Raw too >>; i just don't have the blond hair lol.

Btw i don't know if i told you or not but i made an AMV a while back for my brother who was and still is a big Dante Fan, and i sent it in AZ and they told me that they accepted it. ^^

Sh!bby
03-15-2009, 01:32 PM
Oh cool! Yeah...I know that Dante and Trish aren't supposed to be a 'thing', though sometimes their relationship gets a little on the weird side, but the fandom likes to put them together and it annoys me to no end.

Can't wait to see your AMV!

kristyhimura
03-15-2009, 01:44 PM
Thanks ^^..i do have it on Youtube i mite want to make sure no one watches it maybe o.O be like you have to put in a code or something to watch it..I didn't get to put in the AMV that it was for my bro but He knows and so do I. ^^

Fallain
03-15-2009, 02:19 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v78/Murderdolly/kaizer08-1.jpg

Theres a pic of his outfit (I'm I RETARDED for attempting this or WHAT?! The wig alone is making me go OMFG-AH)

I think i've got it figured out except for the cape though. I don't actually know how to sew...^^() I toke a class in high school but me and patterns just never got along so I just kind of get an idea in my head of how to do something and then try it out and tweak around with it. The cape itself seems easy, it's just attaching the collar and then the shoulders and clasp.

I like that velco idea though! It gives me a 2nd idea to just make the SHIRT with the collar on it, and then make the cape velco to the back so I can take the cape off easy if I want to. But then theres those damn shoulders again...

I heard something about fan service? XD Duo Maxwell here...what good cosplay of Duo would it be if there wasn't some fan service? lol

I can't wait to see your Lady cosplay in person >_<

and your sexy Amber of course

kristyhimura
03-15-2009, 02:46 PM
The shoulders will be abit of a problem just make a little bit of a shell that lets the Frabit Flow over the cap. thats what it looks like to me then hotglue the frabit under the ends of the Shell and your shoulder would be done..if you want to get someone you know or you can sew the Shoulders to your shirt ^^ add some veilcorw under the shoulder and have your cap Velcowed xD

TheRareHunterH
03-15-2009, 06:11 PM

I know you were talking about trying the liquid in glowsticks, but you'll probably be a lot better off if you research and find a glow-in-the-dark application that you can paint on, similar to glaze on a canvas except... it glows in the dark! I'm afraid that glowstick liquid would be too diluted if you mixed it with another, like mouthwash or dishsoap. Not to mention that you'd have to put in enough glowstick liquid, and it's very likely that the dishsoap detergent or whatever would lose its blue color. Just paint the interior of the vial and then put in the desired liquid. Also, in this way, you don't have to keep throwing out liquid and pouring in new throughout the weekend. Just charge up the vial in direct light and then you're good to go!

I just got some by crayola, but none of my Google searches showed me my product. My label specifically reads "Crayola Interior Latex Glow-in-the-Dark F/X Finish".

I hope this helps!

Fallain
03-15-2009, 07:41 PM
The shoulders will be abit of a problem just make a little bit of a shell that lets the Frabit Flow over the cap. thats what it looks like to me then hotglue the frabit under the ends of the Shell and your shoulder would be done..if you want to get someone you know or you can sew the Shoulders to your shirt ^^ add some veilcorw under the shoulder and have your cap Velcowed xD
Hot glue = cosplay magic
I was thinking something similar to that but something about it just doesn't seem to fit when I try to go through the steps in my head.
Eh, maybe it just something I need to work through D:

kristyhimura
03-15-2009, 07:53 PM
Hot glue = cosplay magic
I was thinking something similar to that but something about it just doesn't seem to fit when I try to go through the steps in my head.
Eh, maybe it just something I need to work through D:

Yep i guess so, Have to find a way around stuff and make it more like the 'real' thing as you can get it..Maybe you could make the shoulders kindof have wires holding them together and have them come out of under the shirt or the back of it or something...kindof like Sayia armor?

Fallain
03-15-2009, 08:21 PM
haha i'm not going to try anything with wires. They scare me. D: When I was little my older brothers used to hold me down and poke me with sharp ones so just thinking about having them near me makes me nervous :(

Saiyan armor is a good reference though, I could probably look up how some people did theirs and work off of that. Thanks!

kristyhimura
03-15-2009, 08:29 PM
Your welcome ^^

Sh!bby
03-15-2009, 09:56 PM
I know you were talking about trying the liquid in glowsticks, but you'll probably be a lot better off if you research and find a glow-in-the-dark application that you can paint on, similar to glaze on a canvas except... it glows in the dark! I'm afraid that glowstick liquid would be too diluted if you mixed it with another, like mouthwash or dishsoap. Not to mention that you'd have to put in enough glowstick liquid, and it's very likely that the dishsoap detergent or whatever would lose its blue color. Just paint the interior of the vial and then put in the desired liquid. Also, in this way, you don't have to keep throwing out liquid and pouring in new throughout the weekend. Just charge up the vial in direct light and then you're good to go!

I just got some by crayola, but none of my Google searches showed me my product. My label specifically reads "Crayola Interior Latex Glow-in-the-Dark F/X Finish".

I hope this helps!

Helps a little, but now we're rigging up an LED to the gun so it'll glow there...I'm not too worried about the extra vials glowing. The Crayola glow paint is generally milky-looking, I've used it before. I've got two months, I might as well come up with a new technique, eh? I'll find something that works. I always do.

Fallain
03-16-2009, 12:07 AM
I wish I had the confidence in my cosplay ability like you do.

I want to see this gun of yours that your going to be using too D:

kristyhimura
03-16-2009, 08:38 AM
I wish I had the confidence in my cosplay ability like you do.

I want to see this gun of yours that your going to be using too D:

Me too, lol

`Difficile
03-16-2009, 10:17 AM
For Vaan, I have the leg armor abouuuuut....75% done. The base coat of silver has been added, then I have to do another quick one, then add some 3D-paint, some weathering effects, and shablam, they'll be done. The back part, the weird wire-y looking stuff, was hard but I go it done. And it looks cool. >D
The sash is done. I don't have the leather that goes around it. I also need to buy some cheap blue stones (I forget the original name....I want to say blue agate, but that's not it...It's turqoise) to put on several pieces of the costume.
Unfortunately that is all I have done so far. I will be ordering the wig and styling it soon. Bahhh.

Edit:
XD I forgot, I'm also working on his finger greaves. I have one hand almost done, as in shaped and able to stay on my fingers. The other greaves are cut out, but I don't have them shaped or anything yet. I have progress pics, but <_> I don't wish to show them yet.

SaintQ
03-16-2009, 10:27 AM
I have a feeling I'm going to be buried in schoolwork all through April, but I'll be trying to take some time out of my weekends to complete projects. This weekend's project:
Secure a black tie, grey tshirt, and fabric paint.

kristyhimura
03-16-2009, 10:33 AM
For Vaan, I have the leg armor abouuuuut....75% done. The base coat of silver has been added, then I have to do another quick one, then add some 3D-paint, some weathering effects, and shablam, they'll be done. The back part, the weird wire-y looking stuff, was hard but I go it done. And it looks cool. >D
The sash is done. I don't have the leather that goes around it. I also need to buy some cheap blue stones (I forget the original name....I want to say blue agate, but that's not it...It's turqoise) to put on several pieces of the costume.
Unfortunately that is all I have done so far. I will be ordering the wig and styling it soon. Bahhh.

Edit:
XD I forgot, I'm also working on his finger greaves. I have one hand almost done, as in shaped and able to stay on my fingers. The other greaves are cut out, but I don't have them shaped or anything yet. I have progress pics, but <_> I don't wish to show them yet.

When you get everything ready i want to see you progress pics ^^

`Difficile
03-16-2009, 10:51 AM
n_n Okay!

Fallain
03-16-2009, 01:04 PM
ack everyone is getting so much further than me >< Looks like I actually need to sit down and do some serious work today

minakocat
03-16-2009, 02:27 PM
Fallain: yea i know what you mean. 66 days and counting.......... i better get on it. that's less than 10 days per costume for me... tho some are kind of simple. lol

so far i have done nothing but fabric! someone hit me over the head with a reality stick? *thx*

Bunneh-kins
03-16-2009, 02:39 PM
ZOMG!!! Minako, you're cosplaying Umi? Which outfit? which? Which? Dun tell me just the schoolgirl. Please say it is the full knight's outfit!!! or or or her princess one from the manga pics!!!! Zomg... Umi is soooo beautiful and graceful..... Ah I could never cosplay her because I am too short a loud mouth and ditzy... Only one of the knights i could cosplay would be Hikaru and that just isn't happening lol Besides, I'd feel like i'd never get the costumes right because those girls are like sticks! What size do they wear i wonder? -4?! lol.....

Gomen nesai... I'm bableing...

Fallain
03-16-2009, 03:14 PM
haha Bunneh sounds like she'd be a perfect Hikaru XD *runs away and hides* D:

*hits Minako with the reality stick* Now you've got to hit me...>< I went to work on my Duo cosplay and ended up just sitting there reading gundam wing manga. GAH

either way I'M excited about your Shana from Legend of Dragoon cosplay. I loved that game when I was little...it was the first long RPG I ever finished

kristyhimura
03-16-2009, 03:21 PM
>> DUO go and make your Costume baka *runs after Fallian with the Magical Reality Stick*

Fallain
03-16-2009, 03:36 PM
GEEZ FINE FINE! *runs away* D:

*locks self in room with cosplay* :( I promise i'll have something done by the time I come back ><

kristyhimura
03-16-2009, 04:06 PM
GEEZ FINE FINE! *runs away* D:

*locks self in room with cosplay* :( I promise i'll have something done by the time I come back ><

YaY i win, all but the wig and the contacts [wish she could find some Golden Yellow/Brown for her Cagalli..for cheap]

Bunneh-kins
03-16-2009, 04:13 PM
NANI?! Me be Hikaru?! But but she is so immature and and and... ~whimpers~ Yea... I guess I am the perfect Hikaru... But I'd end up being like a fat Hikaru lol.

~chases Fallain around for calling her Hikaru.~

Go do your cosplay baka! =P Especially if you are doing Duo.. ~dreamy eyes~ Duo was the sexiest from Gundam Wing..... Hiro was second of course but duo... Gha, sorry if you have a gf but i am gunna have to glomp you at the con because I <3 duo so much! lol I'll probably be glomping a lot of people...

I should get a sign that says "Free Yuki glomps to all!!!" lol.

I've made more progress-desu!!!

I am getting together with my friend who is a taylor on Friday to try and salvage that Yuki jacket that i think is uber messed up. Also, I am going to try to convince her to help me make the Miyu costume. ^-^

So we shall see hwo everything goes on Friday.

o01101011
03-16-2009, 04:22 PM
HAH

My brain finally realized, oh crap, two months. My sewing machine still isn't fixed but i'm doing other stuff by hand. Embroidering crosses anyone? oh yes, yes I am. Not the neatest job but its getting done.

Two more crosses per sleeve, then the ones detailing the skirt when I get the skirts finished.

Then I need to fit the bodice when I'm bound......BAH....just BAH

Bunneh-kins
03-16-2009, 04:41 PM
~pets the binary code personage~ It'll be fine! ^-^

`Difficile
03-16-2009, 05:41 PM
Went thrift shopping today and found some alter-able shoes for Vaan. That's a slight relief, as I didn't really know how to approach making them.

o01101011
03-16-2009, 06:10 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v233/Smee1031/glass042.jpg

Hell yes >3<!

Sorry im just proud of myself......^^;;

On to the hemming, further detailing, and larger crosses....weeeeee

Sh!bby
03-16-2009, 06:13 PM
Well done, Binary! I lose patience with embroidery, myself. It's not that it's a super-hard thing to do....just HOLYCRAP tedious. >.<

Also, my sequin hotpants have shipped. Yaaa~y.

Fallain
03-16-2009, 06:20 PM
@Bunneh: FWAH! My cosplays are making everyone think i'm a guy! Come on! I'm also doing Simca and flame haze Shana...I was Kanu last year! *flail* *totally a girl* *runs away* Hikaru! XD lol

Feel free to glomp though, i'm tough. ^^ I've already had a few people tell me their going to glomp me so i'll be on guard once i'm Duo.

As for Duo's cosplay, I'm hand sewing the white part of the sleeves right now. Because I have a short attention span and I feel the need to multi-task so I don't get bored >_> I'm ordering a 5ft wig to braid next week and then purple contacts too. I can't wait for my contacts <3 Duo's eyes are part of what I adore about him

I haven't worked on my Emperor wig..I've poked it with some sissors a bit but besides that..meh. I'm not entirely concerned though, I found the perfect wig for him anyways if I can't do this. I cut and painted his shoulder armor out of craft foam and made one of his wrist cuffs. I'm waiting to see if the velcro and hot glue get along before I paint it and add details to either though

@o01101: WOW your one of those detail amazing people! That looks awesome! <3 Thanks for showing it :)

!*Jessi-Chan*!
03-16-2009, 07:06 PM
Jessi's Animazement List of D00M

Complete
Yoko Ritona - TTGL (I need a rifle, however...)
Vampire Knight uniform
Esther Blanchett - Trinity Blood
Eruka Frog - Soul Eater

Need to Start
Marie - Soul Eater (starting skirt this week. Already have shirt. Need wig)
Sheva (tribal) - Resident Evil 5 (need more ref pics)
Yoko Ritona (space ver.) - TTGL (yeah just need to start this)

Fiance stuff
*he's lazy, but also busy...need to start everything of his*
Kamina - TTGL
Free - Soul Eater
Stein - Soul Eater

Need rave outfit
I want new lolita clothes but its not a priority for this con since I have something loli I can wear

Bunneh-kins
03-16-2009, 07:42 PM
AH! BINARY!!! That is superly amazeinglly awesomeness!!!!!! Ah! I wish I could sow like that.... But... then my fingers tend to bleed.... :bigcry:

Ne? Fallain... You're not a girl are ya? Huh? No way... Def a guy... ~nods to this and sticks her tounge out.~ AND I AM NOT HIKARU!!!!! ~raises fist up playfully.~

MeW? Jessi? Vampire Knight outfit? MEW!!!! I AM GOING TO HAVE ANOTHER VK PERSON THERE WITH ME!!! ALRIGHT!!!! Which chara which chara?! ^-^

Sh!bby
03-16-2009, 07:43 PM
Bunneh, Nicci is definitely a chick. :]

Bunneh-kins
03-16-2009, 07:56 PM
~elbows luna lightly and playfully, with a sly grin~ how would you know? ne? ne? ne? xD

Sh!bby
03-16-2009, 08:02 PM
~elbows luna lightly and playfully, with a sly grin~ how would you know? ne? ne? ne? xD

We're very close. Physically. :D (http://c4.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/61/l_9e929a6b990b403d939764a851efc9eb.jpg)

Bunneh-kins
03-16-2009, 08:31 PM
:eek:WHA?!?!?!?!?!?!?! S-So it's [U]that[U] kind of relationship?!

. . .

~feels stupid considering she has a girlfriend as well.~

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

I hate being a ditz sometimes.... >_>

Sh!bby
03-16-2009, 08:44 PM
:eek:WHA?!?!?!?!?!?!?! S-So it's [U]that[U] kind of relationship?!

. . .

~feels stupid considering she has a girlfriend as well.~

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

I hate being a ditz sometimes.... >_>

Haha, no, she's not my girlfriend. We both have boyfriends. But we are friends and BOOBSMASH is involved sometimes.

Bunneh-kins
03-16-2009, 09:25 PM
Boobsmash? seriously? Lol squishy squishy lol. I have a gf but i also have a bf... and they are both fine with it.... o_o.... It's kinda weird i am still getting used to it... Le sigh. It is hard to seperate time equally with both of them.... Mew... I feel like I am two timing and when i tell them that they just laugh and say I'm cute... however, I am a lot younger then them... my bf is 29 and my gf... is... 32? So... Yea... lol. ^-^;;;

Sorry, i was babbling again about unnecessary stuffz lol. :bashful:

kristyhimura
03-16-2009, 09:37 PM
OMG o.O how old are you Bunneh? you should make them give you money and help you with your cosplay [then give me some money xD]

You are beening like the dude off of Big Love [i'm watching that for some odd reason] lol

I think i am going to have to do my Jacket by myself sents my mum isn't doing anything to help x.x'

!*Jessi-Chan*!
03-16-2009, 09:43 PM
MeW? Jessi? Vampire Knight outfit? MEW!!!! I AM GOING TO HAVE ANOTHER VK PERSON THERE WITH ME!!! ALRIGHT!!!! Which chara which chara?! ^-^

Well I have a Night Class uniform but I don't have money in my cosplay budget for a wig. So random VK student FTW!!!

Bunneh-kins
03-16-2009, 09:51 PM
Wow, Random VK student? Lol, photoshoot maybeh? Possibly? Definitely! xD I will drag you away form whatever you are doing (unless it is for an autograph) to have a photoshoot with me desu!!!!

!*Jessi-Chan*!
03-16-2009, 11:42 PM
Photoshoot, YES! Are there other VK cosplayers around?
Its my Pre-con and my Sunday costume. Just FYI haha

Fallain
03-16-2009, 11:51 PM
Haha, no, she's not my girlfriend. We both have boyfriends. But we are friends and BOOBSMASH is involved sometimes.

DAWH-OMFG why'd you show that picture o____O D: lol

Aw I see how it is...I'm only your gf when you need to scare off creepy guys hitting on you? XD Ah well.

But yea...defently a girl. LOOK like a guy most of the time, act like a guy sometimes, but sound like a 12 year old little girl ><

(Ps let's use this pic instead >_> I look better XD ish. Well I look like a GIRL at least http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v78/Murderdolly/l_a7eb95577894431db6e61fa858f33041.jpg )

And well, I got one of the sleeves for Duo hand sewn before realizing crap...my hand sewing looks like CRAP and taking it back apart. I'm going to have to suck it up and spend a day at my mum's house to use her sewing machine after all *sigh* And then I fell asleep on the couch and got nothing else done...

Tohma
03-17-2009, 12:22 AM
Do I have to think about all that I need to get done?

Fai (child - Tsubasa) - DONE
Mukuro (hitman reborn) - Wig styling and small details on coat
Yamamoto (Hitman Reborn) - Finish wig, add patch to coat
Syaoran (CCS Movie) - DONE
Ichigo (bleach) - Style new wig

Ferio (Rayearth) - Everything! AHHHHHH
Allen walker (D.Grayman) - Finish sewing coat. Style wig. Make boots. Make gloves. Make props. Make hand.

For others:
Grimmjow (Bleach) - Make mask, style wig
Ascot (Rayearth) - make hat, make shoes, make accessories
Dark (DN Angel) - Style wig
Clow Reed (CCS) - Make Cape

And that doesn't include finishing stuff for my artist alley table AND writing/choreographing/and recording our skit.

help...

Bunneh-kins
03-17-2009, 11:05 AM
Jessi, I officially <3 you I think i am going to be the only Yuki there (or at least the awakened Yuki) and i think there MIGHT be a zero.... Other than that, i have no clue... I posted a VK thread but hardly any replies... I feel so unloved.... ~cries~

Fallain... are you the one with the blaackpurpink hair? I love it! It's so cute! And yes, yes you are girl... PILLOWS!!! ~pokes the... erm... pillows.~ xD I so look forward to meeting you and Luna at the con! It is going to be so amazing!

As for Thoma.... No wonder you are not even close to being done! look at all the cosplays you have!!! and not to mention you will probablly have to get something for the Rave. Yes, I am still picking out some... But yea... I'm only doing one def, MAYBE two... I'll know for sure come Friday.

Mew... school is boring.... Signed up for my fall classes today, pondering my summer classes, loving the fact my psych stats prof keeps moving our test back, sitting and waiting for my comp science class......

And I'm thinking.....

I wihs everyday was a cosplay..... Where people would come to school with props and awesome clothes... I told my friends last night i will probably order a goth lolita dress and wear it to school. They asked why and i said because it is pretty. They looked at me weird. Why? Why am i weird because i love the clothes form cosplaying? Why? I mean, even once a month... People would have SO much fun!....

I know... I'm random huh? xD

kristyhimura
03-17-2009, 11:18 AM
bunneh-kins buy me a lolita Dress xD j/k if you do i want pics xD

Still need to go and buy the stuff for my shoes >>: ... My mum is beening a bitch today YAY for mums..

Got to find a good Logo or someone to make my logo [got to check out places near my house to see if they can.

Got to work on my Jacket so that it will look right.. I have to cut some leath off the bottom. [Plus i didn't like the jacket with what my grandma did to it, she add shells and glue them to it on one side and the other said has a decoraded thing x.x']

That's about it..besides trying to find away to strap down my boobs without killing me...Any Ideas?

Bunneh-kins
03-17-2009, 11:33 AM
More pillows? Mew mew? lol lol lol. As for pics in my goth lolita dress, sure, as soon as i find oen that i like enough to buy. It will have to awesome before i can buy it because those things are EXPENSIVE!!! oh and ah no i am not buying you a goth lolita dress simply because they are so heavy.

As for the boobies, i dunno? Corsett maybe? a mans of course? tighten it more in the top than in the middle?

In my computer Science class.... Blah.... I already know most of this shidizzle...... I hate this class.

kristyhimura
03-17-2009, 11:42 AM
lol Aww why not buy me on T_T j/k

Yes more pillows >>:

I fergot to add I still Need Pants x.x'

Fallain
03-17-2009, 12:33 PM
No :( the sexy one with black/pink hair is Luna. I'm the shorty XD

I just got off work so I haven't done anything cosplay yet(I'm wearing a Deathscythe hell shirt...does that count?) even though I was up until 5am ><

@Tohma: awhes, your doing Ferio? You'd better get started on that XD People will explode when they see him

Bunneh-kins
03-17-2009, 12:43 PM
I know i will be really excited about feiro!!! prepare for a glomp by the yuki with a very big scythe!!! xD

Fallain
03-17-2009, 01:07 PM
I'm defently going to be taking a good look at your scythe when I get there. Now that i've officially brought Duo out of the closet (the COSPLAY closet. Get yo minds outta the gutter) I really want to make Deathscythe's bright green scythe. I wish I could have held out until I got it done but oh well, Duo's one of my all time fav anime characters so I don't mind cosplaying him more than once.

Work is screwing me over worse than I thought though so there may be more delays on getting things. Unfortunately I'm going to have to be taking them out of my Simca cosplay since she's the least done and i have to get everything for her separate while i'm ordering everyone else in groups. I'd rather have one cosplay completely unfinished than 3 almost finished :( Plus i'm just having all around issues with everything to do with her *sigh* Lesson learned: do everything yourself even if it kills you

minakocat
03-17-2009, 01:07 PM
Bunneh-kins:: oooooh yea, i'm definitely doing one of the knight outfits... you'll just have to wait and see which one :D haha yea all the clamp girls are SOO small, but i think we'll be ok. i think you would make a cute Hikaru too!

Fallain:: *hits with the same reality stick!!!* hahaha... yea, at least i have tomorrow off! i can work on stuff then :) OH and I am so glad someone else is as excited bout my shana cosplay as i am!!! I've even got a Rose coming with me...... :D

oh and that's 65 days now... lol

Fallain
03-17-2009, 01:15 PM
@Mina...you..have a Rose too...? *dies* *just freakin dies*

I may have run into a small problem with my Duo cosplay...I went to go sew the white part of his collar onto a black shirt I have with a high stretchable collar. But then I realized...the collar stretches so it will fit over my head. The white fabric does not...if I sew this on it will either not fit over my head, or rip. D: So i'm at a standstill for this right now

TenkanTamago
03-17-2009, 03:26 PM
Could you snip it in half and add a snap, or some closure, on the back? So it can be open when you put it on then you just close it.

kristyhimura
03-17-2009, 04:23 PM
BTW i found my pants now to dye them also i have to start working on my boots if i ever do so xD >>; my kiddo is running after my cat around me.

I got my Tutoral and my metirals next is to grab my mum's hot gul gun and try to find away to work on my boots *Sweatdrops*

Tohma
03-17-2009, 05:04 PM
Ferio will get done..somehow XD I'm doing his prince robes from season 2 for AZ and saving his season 1 outfit probably until otakon. But really it won't be that bad. I do have the shoulder armor started and the jewels casted. I have the material for the cape. I just need to get moving a little faster x_x

if I get the season 1 outfit done I might wear that for a little while too. Just depends on time.

`Difficile
03-17-2009, 06:24 PM
Bought the fabrics for Vaan's pants and vest today. They're perfect. ;D

kristyhimura
03-17-2009, 06:25 PM
YaY!!

minakocat
03-17-2009, 10:06 PM
Fallain:: haha yea, she's hot too! lol.

Tohma:: awww yay! i'm glad your doing season 2... :D

Fallain
03-18-2009, 03:27 AM
Could you snip it in half and add a snap, or some closure, on the back? So it can be open when you put it on then you just close it.

That...would be brilliant...and now I feel retarded. haha thanks <3 Looks like i'll actually have to do some cosplay work again tomorrow

Sh!bby
03-18-2009, 11:49 PM
I got my Amber Sweet sequin bootyshorts in today. They're...wow. They fit kind of like bikini bottoms, but lower on the hip. I definitely have to wear pantyhose with 'em, which I counted on anyway.

They look nice on me but good god are they kind of slutty.

I was talking to another friend who's cosplaying ZA Amber to another convention and she bought the same shorts. We were both loling over them. Seriously. I don't even know if I want to post pictures because it's all DAT ASS DEM THIGHS, no face. D:

BlindCalliope
03-19-2009, 12:27 AM
*flails*

Goh (Pretear) - lolz Done. Just need to fix my leg belts, and fluff my wig. That can be done later.

Baiken (Guilty Gear) - Hurr hurr. Done.

Starlock Simon (Gurren Lagann) - Wig, goggles, pants, drill, check. Fabric for coat, almost check! Need to get more for the details, but I've got enough to work with for now. Ugh. Need to get stuff for the man corset, choker, and bracers. And belts. AND BOOTS. fffff. Starglasses are being made by a friend

Grell Sutcliff (Kuroshitsuji) - Wig, check and cut. Needs to be RESTYLED. >_< HALP ZIPPEH. Shoes, pants, glasses chain, ribbon tie, check. Glasses? Pfft. Naw. Dun have those. /endsarcasm Fabric for the coat and vest, check. Need to make those, make/modify a shirt... And get to work on my chainsaw. ;_;

Bunneh-kins
03-19-2009, 01:05 PM
Meh!!! Been a while since i posted!!!! lol gomen nesai mina-san!

Kristy, i just noticed that you asked how old i am, i am 19 about to turn 20 lol.

As for everyone who says i will make a good hiakru, i will ponder about cosplaying her next year, how's that? Mew mew! =3 Or if anyone has a spare Hikaru outfit and wig that might fit me i would be more than happy to barrow. lol.

Now, as for my Vampire Princess Miyu cosplay. I bought the fabric yesterday. It's perfect!!! I didn't want to get silk because it is obvious that her red and white kimono in the ovas isn't silk! I've seen a few pics of Vampire Princess Miyu cosplayers, and silk just isnt cutting it. I wish i could find someone who has a pair of yellow contacts i could barrow or a place where i could buy them for CHEAP! Because that would make the costume even more amazing!

Fallain
03-19-2009, 01:46 PM
I got my Amber Sweet sequin bootyshorts in today. They're...wow. They fit kind of like bikini bottoms, but lower on the hip. I definitely have to wear pantyhose with 'em, which I counted on anyway.

They look nice on me but good god are they kind of slutty.

I was talking to another friend who's cosplaying ZA Amber to another convention and she bought the same shorts. We were both loling over them. Seriously. I don't even know if I want to post pictures because it's all DAT ASS DEM THIGHS, no face. D:

haha you know I want to see now

kristyhimura
03-20-2009, 09:26 AM
Cagalli's ring came in today..it was like ahalf size to big so added some clear tape to the back and now it stays xD

darkmist300
03-20-2009, 09:35 AM
Progress on my AZ cosplay are as follows

Rotti Largo from Repo! The Genetic Opera - Still need to get the jacket, wig, and opera style shirt

Brad Wong from Dead or Alive 4 - I have the Wig but still need to get the pants, shoes, and shir

Principle Genome Tepplin and Lambo are completed

liivingdeadgirl
03-20-2009, 10:04 AM
Ah progress.....I needs it. >_<

So far the ONLY thing I've gotten done is:

Toph - Purchased all mats, bought wig (should be shipped today), cut everything, stitched together pants and they are TOO SMALL. I CAN squeeze into them, but they're too tight...and the fabric was expensive and I cut the size I thought I needed...so yeah, I'm just going to work really hard to loose a few lbs so they're not as tight. >_<
Still need to stitch the other parts together and order the contacts.

Zuko (For my husband) - Have all fabrics, cut and everything, have boots. Still need to stitch everything together, alter the boots, make the swords and holster, and order the wig.

Silent Hill nurse - 0% (fails)

Kamikirimusi (Remake of the giant bat) - Have most of the mats and some of the balsa wood cut, this should only take me a weekend though if I just sit down and DO it.

I also want to make one more NEW costume, but can't decide what. =/

double00beaver
03-20-2009, 10:26 AM
I found a wig for my Kingdom Hearts costume, pre-styled.

Also found a scarf for Rikku that doesn't cost a fortune.

Slowly making progress. xD

AdelaideVixen
03-20-2009, 11:22 AM
Succubus Morrigan
Wig and costume have been commissioned and ordered together. I got my contact prescription approved for a brand that makes colored contacts, now I need to order them. I ordered boots this morning from Cosworx. Once I get the costume, I'm going to buy this awesome adhesive "bra" thing that is basically a big piece of plastic to keep my boobs in place!

Human Morrigan
All I need are the same contacts again and a white shirt that also will be used for Melfina.

Melfina
Ordered my wig this morning from Amphigory! Also found a tie this morning but I think it might need to be altered. I need to buy the shirt and any suggestions on how to do her straps or anklet would help. I'm not crafty at all, though I hope to learn more soon.

I'm also gonna try to lose 10 or more lbs by AZ. Anyone else getting healthy for cosplay? :]

darkmist300
03-20-2009, 11:25 AM
I'm also gonna try to lose 10 or more lbs by AZ. Anyone else getting healthy for cosplay? :]

Yeah I am. Im trying to lose a good amount of weight by the con.

Fallain
03-20-2009, 11:52 AM
@ Adelaide: Aw, I didn't know you already ordered your wig. Was it the one you were looking at while I was over there? o_O

I'm ordering my Duo and James wigs today. I'm excited ^^ I love wigs >_>

As for the healthy thing...i'm on it too D: I'm trying to just eat less in general. I'm like a freakin black hole for food lol that can't be good

AdelaideVixen
03-20-2009, 12:28 PM
Fallain- Yep! I can't get over how much it looks like her hair. I may need your assistance in cutting it if it's too long...

You should come to the gym with us. Our set times to go are Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at midnight. I have my DDR pad back so I've been playing that, too. I'm so proud of myself for how I've been eating. I turned down Taco Bell the other night!!

Fallain
03-20-2009, 12:43 PM
haha....*eating mini tacos atm* >_> But only 4! aahaha! MUCH less than I normally would ^^()

But I should. I don't work Sats anymore so maybe i'll ninja over there Fridays.

Sh!bby
03-20-2009, 12:55 PM
I'm trying to get into better shape by con...I'm already rail-thin (always have been), but I've been wanting to build muscle tone liek woah. My abs are almost visible...from some angles you can see a faint shadow....

Those of you looking to lose weight, if you drink soda, CUT IT OUT. You will seriously drop ten pounds in a month if you drink a significant amount. You wouldn't believe how fast all the calories and carbs add up. I'm trying to cut back on sugars just because I've been eating too much of it lately and my family is very prone to type-2 diabetes. So I've stopped drinking so much sugary stuff at work (I'm a Port City Java barista, at the main office cafe) and I've stopped using the bakery items for snacks, as delicious as they are.

Sitting in the cafe right now, actually. With an apricot tea with a tiny bit of simple syrup because it's nasty unsweetened.

I'm also wearing my Amber Sweet contacts today to get used to how they affect my vision (they're white on the inside so it looks like bright lights on the edges of my vision) and everyone either loves them or is incredibly freaked out by them. My fantastic gay coworker told me they looked like 'ghostly pools of seduction' or some such mess.

Trying to buy a wig from another girl in the Marketplace. She's a rather well known cosplayer in the Northwest, so I trust that she'll sell me a good product. If I can get it, it'll be $20 instead of $35 *crosses fingers*.

OOH MY LEATHER CORSET IS IN AND IT IS GORGEOUS. I keep rubbing my face on the leather. So niiiiiiii~ce....

Boots will be in between now and Monday. Once I get 'em, I'll take some progress pics. Still have alteration to do to the under-bustier, but that'll be fast, and so will corset alterations and making the shrug and garterbelt. I can make those all in a day.

Fufufufufu I'm so hyped up right now.

Fallain
03-20-2009, 12:58 PM
lol yea, as of last week I stopped drinking sodas again. Back to just water and juice. I was so much smaller when that was all I drank >_<

Sooooooo where are those Amber booty short pictures? I want to see the contacts too ^^

darkmist300
03-20-2009, 01:05 PM
Yeah I havent had soda in over 2 weeks now. Tiz crazy. I am also jogging now and lifting weights. Tough work but must be done

Sh!bby
03-20-2009, 01:15 PM
BAH. Here are pictures. First three aren't for the fainthearted, as it's pretty much just DAT ASS. D: Definitely wearing pantyhose to contain said behind and keep the sequins from being uncomfortable. The exposed part of the buttcheek is thankfully minimal and will be covered by my garter harness.

Hotpants
http://i672.photobucket.com/albums/vv81/tehshibby/DSC02266.jpg
http://i672.photobucket.com/albums/vv81/tehshibby/DSC02267.jpg
http://i672.photobucket.com/albums/vv81/tehshibby/DSC02271.jpg

Underbust corset
http://i672.photobucket.com/albums/vv81/tehshibby/DSC02277.jpg
http://i672.photobucket.com/albums/vv81/tehshibby/DSC02278.jpg

Contacts
http://i672.photobucket.com/albums/vv81/tehshibby/contactscafe.jpg

AdelaideVixen
03-20-2009, 01:18 PM
I only drink water and green tea rly unless I'm out. I'm cutting out the Starbucks, McDonald's, and Taco Bell(which I had all the time) and replacing it with delicious healthier things.

I am hyped up too I can't freakin wait!

Fallain
03-20-2009, 01:21 PM
oh WOW I love those contacts. Not as much as the bootay shorts though. <3

Your gonna need someone to cosplay her bodyguards too just so you don't get molested lol

AdelaideVixen
03-20-2009, 01:29 PM
Oh wow lots of ass! I can't wait to see it all put together. Gladly my butt will be tight covered. :]

darkmist300
03-20-2009, 01:34 PM
Amber is coming alone nicely cant wait to see it full finished. Side note how is Graverobber coming???

Sh!bby
03-20-2009, 01:37 PM
Adelaide: Thankfully, it actually covers about as much as my Jo bikini bottoms do, plus I'm going to be wearing Amber's harness-garter-skirt thing over it, so said bum will be rather covered. I had a heck of a time figuring out what she was wearing underneath (had to go to the costume designer's breakdown of the outfit), so it should not be any sort of nudity violation. I'm making sure of that.

I personally would be rather uncomfortable walking around in just the shorts...it was bad enough as Jo last year. I kept covering my bum.

And I've got plenty of people around me who would fend off any creeps, not that I ever really get them. I usually tell them to knock it off myself.

So I've got the boyfriend, a pregnant girl, a few other female friends, and a few dude friends, two of whom are my rather protective nonbiological brothers.

EDIT: Darkmist: Graverobber is coming along. I've got the fabric for the coat (need to find the faux fur, though) and the shirts, plus some boots to alter, and Zydrate vials. It won't take me too long to finish. If there's anything I'm running behind on, I'll nix some of the smaller details for now and perfect them by Otakon.

darkmist300
03-20-2009, 01:54 PM
Thats Great!!! Im really looking forward to the Repo group ^-^

Fallain
03-20-2009, 07:07 PM
haha, Luna, you already know i'll defend your sequined butt XD

I got compleatly screwed sideways to hell on my paycheck today so I might not even be able to order my wigs...i'm starting to get seriously depressed. I was getting really excited about ordering the wigs. *sigh* But my bills are due and they come first...we need to go grocery shopping too but...eh...I need to diet anyways XD Cosplay comes before food

o01101011
03-20-2009, 07:31 PM
I have to remake one of my lower sleeves. I misplaced the upper cross and because its embroidered I couldnt get all the stitches out without damaging the fabric...which I did when I tried. Damn satin pulls. If I end up not having enough fabric for the layered portion of the skirt and then the bow I may scream. Curse you gowns!...and yet its owning me.

Second sleeve is going well, upper cross done, lower cross done, just doing the boarder around the wrist and I can stitch the sucker up.

MinaUchiha2
03-20-2009, 07:43 PM
I thankfully was able to get Kari's shirt base cut out from my fabric. So it's part way to done.

Bunneh-kins
03-20-2009, 08:59 PM
Hi hi!!!!

Well, yes! i am trying to loose lots and lots and lots of weight desu! I have been running everywhere at work, using putting up strays like a power walk. If i dun go to work, i go to the gym. I havnt fully cut out sodas, but trying!!! Mmmm Ramune... Ahem. My big problem is Pocky... Can't resist... I eat a lot less though so hopefully it will show!!!

As for progress!

Yuki- Me and my taylor, my beloved Rose, got together today and fixed the jacket. We fitted it to me and zomg it looks better already! Then we took Yuki's skirt and took it up about an inch. Once we did that though, the pleats where screwed up so she is going to try to iron them back to normal. If that doesn't work then hand stitching for the win!

Miyu- Yes, I am officially doing it!......... I need to change my signature when i can. I got the perfect set of fabrics for her red and white costume. She will be cutting out the design this weekend and we are going to get together and sow it because during the making of this costume she is teaching em how to sow! That way i can POSSIBLY make my own costumes from now on if i get a sowing machine.... :lost: We took my measurements for the costume as well!

I guess my progress is coming along a lot better than some of you! I'm picking of course! =P I have faith that all of us cosplayers will get our cosplays done in time!!! Because we <3 cosplaying!!! ^-^

PS! my bf just showed me this!!! Foamy's rules for a convention!!!! They are so true lmfao.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MDynzLBXd0

Watch it. Learn it. Love it. Live by it at the con peoples!!!! xD

`Difficile
03-22-2009, 01:45 PM
All right, read all your posts. What a weird coincidence that I've been stressing about getting back in shape, too. I'm not playing Varsity Soccer anymore (actually my spring co-curricular is an independent study on cosplay, lol, so that's when I do Vaan instead of a sport XD), so that means lazy lazy lazy and food food food. Plus LOTS of soda. But yeah, I read everyone's posts and now I'm gonna cut back. I haven't had some good juice in forever T__T And some flavored water won't hurt.
Not sure if I can give myself Vaan abs though LOL

Fallain
03-22-2009, 01:47 PM
haha so this is now a weight loss thread too ^-^ Hey...that counts as progress too...

`Difficile
03-22-2009, 02:00 PM
hey yeah it does! xD

Tohma
03-22-2009, 06:24 PM
I probably should lose a little weight before AZ but i'm afraid that if I do people might think I am getting sick again ^^;; I got diagnozed with cancer shortly after AZ last year and had lost a lot of weight to a point where I was very underweight. Now I am probably a little heavier then I should be but that was because it was a battle with gaining my weight back so I was a healthy size again. I'm hoping at some point I can figure out what my ideal weight is and try and maintain it. Right now I think I could afford to lose maybe at most 10 pounds. Too bad Pepsi is like an addiction for me so dropping that is probably out of the question XD

I think I just need to exercise and try to get my strength back for now. That will help to get to a normal weight I believe.

As for progress:
-Ferio's armor is in progress. Tunic pieces and cape pieces are cut out. Shirt is in progress.
-9 out of 10 large jewels are cast for Ferio and Ascot
-Allen's jacket and eyepiece are 90% done
-Bought ink for printer so now can make Yamamoto's patch XD

Still a lot to do, but there is some steady progress.

Sh!bby
03-22-2009, 06:47 PM
Tohma! I knew you were sick but I didn't know it was cancer. D: I hope they got all of it.

For my progress: Been working on my noncosplay commission. UGH. SO SICK OF IT. Boots come in on Tuesday, according to my UPS tracking. Haven't gotten a reply from the girl selling the wig, and if she doesn't reply by this Friday, I'll just order it for like $15 more than she's selling for.

But first, to finish this freaking commission. NO MOAR VINYL PLZ.

o01101011
03-22-2009, 06:55 PM
*flail*

Fitting my top, so thats under way (the back need to be fitting, need my moms help on it.)

Theeeeeen the bad happened. I trimmed my sleeve width because I'm narrow limbed. Sleeve fits fine.........until my elbow, apparently I have odd proportions where the thickest part of my arm is my elbow. So my flexibility is limited, I may need to redo the entire sleeve........i'm already having to redo the other one for screwing up the embroidery. /headdesk

SaintQ
03-22-2009, 07:00 PM
Lined my skeleton shirt for punk!Sebas. Painting it after a good shower!

Realized I have to buy yet another vest ffff. Later I suppose.
Need to find a leather jacket at goodwill to mod, then zippers and chains and locks, oh my!

Also need tophat

Sh!bby
03-22-2009, 07:18 PM
Binary: I did the SAME THING the first time I made the sleeves for Bucky's Dante jacket. And then I did the same thing with the concept-art Dante coat I made for his Christmas gift. A-durrrrrr. I keep forgetting that even though he's not much bigger than me, he's got bigger arms than I do.

But I'm keeping this in mind for Graverobber. You live, you learn.

Just redo the sleeve, you'll fare better in the long run. Just find out how much bigger you need it. Maybe you can let out the seam or add a tiny gusset near the elbow?

Also, my waifu is mailing me some leatherette she has left over from her Yoko for all of my corset detailing needs <3 SHE WUVS MEEEEEEEE. T_T

LanceBardock
03-23-2009, 06:22 AM
Update Kamina: Cape made, just have to shred and paint it

Update Celestial Being: fabric bought for the jackets

`Difficile
03-23-2009, 11:45 AM
I made Vaan's shoes. It will take me 5 minutes to get each one on lol, because I have to do it so carefully.

kristyhimura
03-23-2009, 12:08 PM
I've order my patch and its on the way. <<' I can't understand how to make the shoes cuz i'm partly stupid..

My mum pen my Jacket to find where she needs to cut and sew it..w00t. next is to make them and then dye my pants x)

BTW i got sick YAY for beenin sick

BlindCalliope
03-23-2009, 01:17 PM
Just ordered Simon's boots. *air fist!* Hopefully I can get them here in time to paint for Nashi Con. Starlock Simon is well underway. Going today to get fabric for the lining of the coat, and yellow accents.

Later this week, I'm going to get the material for my mancorset, bracers, and choker. I'll be set and rearing to go come spring break. And hopefully he'll be done by then!

Sh!bby
03-23-2009, 05:06 PM
Bought bra and LOLSPARKLES for Amber. Ordered fluff for Graverobber's coat last night. I'll have to tint it to get that burgundy-brown look, but whatever. At least it's shaggy.

My boots are supposed to come in tomorrow. Win win win win win!

Went to JoAnn to pick up the rhinestones and some thread today and there's this new lady...a rather old lady, probably in her 70's, who doesn't realize I'm a regular customer and is apparently oblivious to the fact that people under 30 actually sew. In any case, she was treating me like a common criminal just because I put back the Swarovski crystals in favor of cheaper rhinestones. "Didn't you just have the EXPENSIVE ones?!" "Yeah. I put them back. The cheaper ones work just as well." *cue nasty look from the old lady* I caught her over by the Swarovskis looking very closely and angrily at the display a minute later. FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF- old bag.

FFrikku
03-23-2009, 07:17 PM
haha! some progress finally
Rikku:my wig for Rikku got here today- I need to pin the braids up a little better because they fell out of the loop-style after I put it on for about 5 minutes xP but I really like it :D
Reborn: I have everything except a red shirt, shoes, and a tie. that shouldnt be too hard. I got the wig styled and stuff but I think I need a bigger fedora cause i get headaches while wearing the wig+hat and a mark on my forehead

Fallain
03-23-2009, 07:23 PM
Luna: That woman will probably feel like a dumbass when she sees you in there every freakin month. Plus some of the other employees are bound to clue her old ass in eventually... -_-

W00t for actually making progress today. I finished James' shirt even though I had to re-sew the R three times and a friend gave me the red fabric so...I didn't think to get red thread too >< My mum had a slightly darker shade that looks awful up close but far away you can't even tell so i'm just going to leave it alone for now. If I get the rest of my cosplays done with time still for AZ I might re-do it.

o01101011
03-23-2009, 07:26 PM
Finally some good progress!!

I got some help from an awesome Coscom member in how to do my layered skirt for Akitos wedding dress. Followed her method and got both layers cut out and pinned to the mannequin to see how it'd look. LOVE IT.

I have enough fabric left over to replace the one sleeve I damaged via embroidery, i'll have to find another solution for the tight one. Then I can use the scraps remaining for the butt bow/flower. If none of this works...I'll have to go buy another yard of fabric, I'll spend more on gas then fabric just going out to the store lol.

On Jokers end. No progress. I need to test out pattern ideas for the double breasted vest. Found my white shirt at least that I plan to alter. I may tackle the shirt tonight.

SaintQ
03-23-2009, 07:30 PM
I have to write a paper before cosplay can happen. Rrrrugh Poverty in america.

Sh!bby
03-23-2009, 07:49 PM
Just finished gluing 540 rhinestones to a freakin' BRA for Amber. Then I ran out of rhinestones. I need to pick up another pack...I've got to go a little further down on one cup and then do the rest of the other. This sucks. Ehhhhh.

kristyhimura
03-23-2009, 08:08 PM
wow rhinestones I want to see that now xD

Sh!bby
03-23-2009, 08:26 PM
I'll post the sparklebra as soon as I get finished with it. I'm only covering the top half because the bottom half is hidden under a bustier, anyway. I plan on sewing the edge of the bustier to the bra just to give everything more stability. Fashion tape is also in order...

EDITED TO AVOID DOUBLEPOST YAY.

Just got in my boots today. I'm surprisingly good at walking in 5inch stilettos. That is all... >.>

kristyhimura
03-25-2009, 11:32 AM
My Trunks Wig came in [Will Post Pics Later]

My C. Corp Logo was also Shipped out today [YaY!]

!*Jessi-Chan*!
03-25-2009, 03:11 PM
I added another costume.
O_O
I havent even started on my other costume for AZ yet. haha

`Difficile
03-25-2009, 03:41 PM
....o_o Bought the tape to bind my boobs for Vaan.
I'm scared. :D

Sekana Katayama
03-25-2009, 06:43 PM
My duel disk came in the mail, and I finished painting stripes on my Bakura shirt! Yay! Now I just need to...
1) Make the Millennium Ring
2) Get a hold of some black cargo pants
3) Make Marik's lavender belly-shirt-hoodie-thing (seriously, what IS it called?)
4) Make Marik's 'jewelry'
5) Make the Millennium Rod (already have the base + materials)

Whew. Yeah, can't wait. XD

Sh!bby
03-25-2009, 08:00 PM
Went to JoAnn with my mother today (my car's in the shop, I needed someone to pick me up from my classes and she had errands to run, too) and got enough rhinestones to finish SPARKLEBRA...just finished gluing them on, will glue more if needed after they dry and I get to do a test run.

JoAnn has all their notions 40% off so I raided. Got D-rings and nylon webbing for Amber's garter harness, plus the zipper. Going to Raleigh on Friday and will be dropping by Tandy Leather to snag the buckles for the corset and shoulder straps. Yeeees. May pick up some black lambskin while I'm there to alter my corsets, actually...

kristyhimura
03-25-2009, 08:26 PM
DestiniteLuna i want to see that more now XD crazy sparky bra of dooom and your costume I can't wait for AZ now.

MinaUchiha2
03-25-2009, 08:35 PM
Kari's shirt is almost done. Once thats done I'll be back to working on the Supreme King's armor, I really really need to work on it some. >.<

Bunneh-kins
03-26-2009, 09:01 AM
thoma: wow! I didn't know that, even though i dunno you lolz. try not to loose too much....

As for progress on weight: I haven't been eating hardly anything about one meal a day. I know, bad... I'm not doing it because i want to but because i am sooooo freaking busy!!!!!!!I wake up, get ready for school, realize i am late, rush out the door, run to school. If i am late, which usually i am not i just was today, i skip and read over the chapter or do how. i hate walking into a class late. Then, after class i do how while munching on some snacks. I have to keep my sugar up atleast. Then i meet up with my presentation group for cultural diversity. Then i go to work. Sometimes i work 12:30 to 6:30 other times 5:00 to 9 or 9:30.. either way after work, i read my text books and the chapter books i have to read and again do homework. Then me and my bf have gotten into the habit of watching an episode of Vampire Knight (he is a gamer so he hasn't seen it) and an episode of Sliders before bed. Sliders is an old show form the '90s.... so... >_> Yea, usually running around liek a chicken with my head chopped off. Despite that, and my pants being a little loose, i look no better in the bikini/ bathing suit i want.. Yes i am loosing weight for more than jsut the con lol. I try to find time to go to the gym, but i can't... so when i run strays a work, i power walk, i try to drink fuze over sodas, but if i am about to go into shock form lack of sugar i will drink a soda and eat some candy lol.

Luna: Yea, that old woman sounds really evil.

Btw, just to rant... sorry... I hate my boss... I was the only cashier yesterday afternoon.... the only one.... I hadn't eaten ANYTHING all day... that includes no candy to snack on to keep my sugar up. Around 2 i started feeling dizzy, as if i was going to pass out. I asked if i could take just a small break to get a drink and some candy or i would pass out. They told me to wait until 3:30 when another cashier was supposed to join me... Some how i made it to 3:30 but she didn't show! So i went back and asked again, they tossed me a few pieces of chocolate, and while it made me feel a little better, i still felt bad and i had to wait a whole other hour before my break so someone else could come in... GAH! If I didn't need money for the conventions, i would quit right now! >_<!!!! :bigcry:

Sh!bby
03-26-2009, 03:40 PM
Bunneh! Don't eat just one meal a day, it's murder on your metabolism. The best way to lose and maintain weight is to eat five or six small meals a day...so technically smaller meals and then little snacks in between. Keep it healthy, though. No fried junk or whatnot. Baked chicken is always good, and you can add marinara sauce or garlic or herbs/spices/seasoning mixes to it. As long as you cut out soda (this is actually a big thing, try it if you haven't and you'll notice the difference) and drink lowfat milk, water, juice, etc., plus any super greasy or fatty foods, you'll be good. A lot of people insist on cutting out carbohydrates (bread, pasta, etc). Don't, you need a few servings for energy! :3

Just keep track of what you consume and look at the nutrition facts on what you eat. Keep in mind what counts as a 'serving', as well. Fuze has several servings in a bottle and the calories tend to add up.

o01101011
03-26-2009, 06:10 PM
And for the love of anything don't substitute soda for vitamin water. Colorful, yes, tasty, yes. But its actually been put in a study and its about as bad as coke or pepsi, if not worse.

!*Jessi-Chan*!
03-26-2009, 06:39 PM
I'm going Animazement fabric shopping Saturday! I hope to get supplies for Sheva and Chrome.

Bunneh-kins
03-27-2009, 08:59 PM
thankies guys!!!! I shall remember that and try as hard as i can!!! ~muches on pocky~

Fallain
03-28-2009, 12:22 PM
Well, I might not be able to do my James or Duo cosplays. :(

Seriously fucking depressing.

But I'm getting screwed 4 ways to hell with my paychecks and can't find a 2nd job so I just can't afford to buy the wigs for them right now :( Which sucks considering their costumes are 75% finished already.

Sh!bby
03-28-2009, 03:48 PM
Bunneh: Your post is redundant. XD Pocky is straight up sugar, fat, empty carbs, etc. Not to mention really expensive (seriously, it adds up).

I've stopped spending money where I don't need it so that I'll have plenty by AZ and won't have to worry about expenses such as parking putting a significant dent in my budget.

Just got back from the leather store...got a few square feet of black calf leather (lamb was too expensive, the only cut they had was HUGE). 3.2 sqft for $18. Also got the metal studs and buckles I need. ^.^

kristyhimura
03-29-2009, 12:13 AM
Well, I might not be able to do my James or Duo cosplays. :(

Seriously fucking depressing.

But I'm getting screwed 4 ways to hell with my paychecks and can't find a 2nd job so I just can't afford to buy the wigs for them right now :( Which sucks considering their costumes are 75% finished already.

Nuuuuu I will bring a Sewing Machine for you to work on your Duo Costume if i have to. T_T

@bunnie - Eating stuff like that isn't good for you as you are trying to lose afew pounds. ^^ Remeber that.

I want to start to try to do that X90 Program i keep seeing maybe i'll start that after the AZ and i'll lose alot of weight and everything. ^^.

SaintQ
03-29-2009, 08:54 AM
I've cut out a lot of sugar lately to keep my weight off. I'm mostly concerned over my lower stomach. (It's pretty flat to begin with though, so hopefully nothing will happen in the next two months to ruin that.) I need to get on a regimen of doing crunches and whatevs every other night so I can have some tone to show off.
Since I had to get cocky and do an open shirt crossplay. FFFFF

kristyhimura
03-29-2009, 09:16 AM
well if i have to i would call you ever other day or text you to make you doing them.

My mum found out about my Cagalli Costume. She was abit upsat but didn't say anything more than what she did. I also showed her the wig xD.

MinaUchiha2
03-29-2009, 09:35 AM
Kari's shirt is done, well I just need to get a zipper for it. I got some cards for my Haou Judai cosplay yesterday, it was worried about the cards benig to much but I found packs for .99 each! Yay!

AdelaideVixen
03-29-2009, 12:57 PM
Morrigan's boots and Melfina's wig are coming in this week! They didn't have Mel's wig in stock in solid black so I'm going to end up dying it. I think I've decided to not order contacts. Since mine would be prescription I have to order a whole box, not just a pair. I still need to gather a few things for Mel, but other than that I'm just WAITING for everything. I've requested pictures from the people making the costumes, but they haven't taken any yet... I wish they'd hurry up since I sorta wanted to cosplay at Animania in Jacksonville April 19th. :[

kristyhimura
03-29-2009, 02:01 PM
AdelaideVixen i didn't know that there is an Animania in Jacksonville.

Tell me more please, I know one of my friends told me that they do Dress Up for one day in Jacksonville but he didnt remeber what day nor if there was anything going on for it.

If my Cagalli Costume comes in before April the 19th i mite drive up there and walk around. If i knew more about.

YaY x) Btw the shoes for Cagalli isn't like hers but it's high Heels and they are nice shoes My mum has some but the are open in the back that are a lot like hers so if i can't wear the shoes i have i mite steal hers.

No pics yet of my costumes i havent really done anything but order stuff. xD i'm lazy.

o01101011
03-29-2009, 03:05 PM
Zomg yessssss

Discovered my mom never returned the mini (evil) sewing machine we bought two years ago. So I chose to try using it. It makes a beautiful tiny stitch, though its evil to try and control (no peddal...its a push button single speed.)

Hemmed my wedding dress Agito. This means ZOMG progress! that didn't then need to be redone! <33333

Also on the Joker front, I finally started and I adore my bow! (there's a progress pic in my gallery). I also started the ruffling on my shirt. So yay for things getting well on their way!