PDA

View Full Version : Yu-Gi-Oh Cosplay

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

Catpaw
07-28-2003, 09:34 PM
How many ppl have cosplayed as YGO characters/cards? Just recently my sis and my friend Jackie were characters from Ai-Kon.
(Visit my gallery for pics) I also saw a Mai (Battle City), Tea (Spirit Shirt) and 2 Setos there... Anyone else?

CapsuleCorp
07-28-2003, 09:41 PM
I put together a pretty simple Goth Yugi, detailed to the episodes where Yami gets dragged for a day on the town with Tea. It's nice for those times when I want to be in a costume but not burdened with multiple layers or uncomfortable shoes or tight belts or corsets or anything. I just didn't bother doing the hair.

There's a few monsters I've been eyeing for costuming possibilities. I'd like to do the Celtic Guardian if I could find the time and money to do a kick-butt job on the armor.

Oingo
07-29-2003, 02:12 PM
At Otakon I plan to cosplay as Garoozis from Joeys Deck. It'll be pretty tall so I will be easy to spot.

kdthompson
07-29-2003, 02:18 PM
Animazement 2003, I was Pegasus. I was going to be him again at MetroCon, but I couldn't find my millieum eye. *has to make a new one*

I've got plans for Malik since I got leather pants not too long ago, and there are several monster I'd like to cosplay as like the Dark Magician, the Celtic Gardian, Harpie Brother, etc.

Oh, and if anyone wants instructions on how to make a duelist glove or a simplified version of the Duelist Disk v.2, do PM me...I know how and it's fairly simple.

Or, if everyone wants to know, I'll post detailed instructions here.

Edit: Oh! and I forgot to mention my plans for Pharaoh Yugi from the manga as well...

Eyeless Puppet
07-31-2003, 11:00 AM
OMG! Did anyone happen to see that yugi at JACON2003!? He was in the costume contest! HIS HAIR WAS AWSOME!!

kdthompson
07-31-2003, 11:10 AM
I think I've seen the pictures floating around; they were really nice.

Edit: Oh...and I forgot to mention that there was a battle city kaiba at MetroCon. His costume was kinda simplified but you could tell it was him.

Chun Li
07-31-2003, 11:25 PM
Must Dark Migician cosplay. Or Dark Sage or Magician of Dark Chaos Baka Helmet WHY DOSE HE NEED IT IN EVERY FORM OF HIS COSTUME?! WHYYYYYY

kdthompson
08-01-2003, 12:04 AM
Chun Li- At animazement 03, there was a Magician of Dark Chaos there. and it was a great looking costume. However, when I took a closer look at it, it looked really easy to make. I'd check those pictures out if I were you.

And if they're aren't any there, I can post the pics here.

Catpaw
08-01-2003, 12:28 AM
I've seen Dark Magician, Celtic Guardian and Magician of Black Chaos...

Ihrie
08-01-2003, 12:52 AM
I did a Yu-gi-oh costume for a friend of mine. I did Bakura for his Yugi at Jacon this past May.

kdthompson
08-01-2003, 01:21 AM
*sighs dreamily, remembering pictures* Bakura.... (have you guess it? I love his costume!)

Geeze...now I wanna remake my Millieum eye...but I don't have a ping pong ball handy...*sighs*

waynekaa
08-01-2003, 01:30 AM
Lessee, I've made
all 7 Millenium Items
2 Kuribo
Toon Blue Eyes White Dragon
Black Magician
Seto Kaiba Battle City
I've got pictures of them in my gallery

And my friends have Yugi, Isis, Black Magician Girl x 2, and you can see those from my AGSMA Banner link, Anime Expo 2003 Report.

Mekou
08-01-2003, 01:32 AM
I must get Magician of Faith back underway. -.- I'm gonna be so dead by Anime norht X_X

- Magician of Faith
- Change of Heart
- Graceful Charity
- Flame Swordsman

COH and GC aren't really that hard but the WINGS omg X_X *dies* and Flame will be a challenge...

and all this for only ONE of the THREE groups that CAMioS plans to do next year...

SAVE ME!! *cries* ;_;

kdthompson
08-01-2003, 01:34 AM
It's alright Mekou-chan...wings, I think, are a challange for anyone...

I'm going to have the same problem when I go to work on Harpie Brother.

*cries at the though of waynekaa's props and costumes* SO...good!

hichan
08-01-2003, 01:40 AM
weeee! *points to banner* XD

only dark magician girl so far!!! but! i will have more! XD

hichan
08-01-2003, 01:49 AM
hmmm my banner not working! check my gallery <_< LOL *nerd*

Icetigris
08-01-2003, 04:22 AM
I'm planning a Black Magician Girl costume for possibly next Otakon. My friend is going as the Magician of Faith for this Otakon.

Catpaw
08-01-2003, 08:48 AM
Hichan, Wayne ur guys costumes r awesome! *Glomps Dark Magician Wayne* hehe...

Fake_Mike
08-01-2003, 02:43 PM
I one day dream of cosplaying the ultimate duel monster, any guesses? The super cool, super amazing Harpie's Brother, also known as Bird Man. He is the coolest ^_^

Catpaw
08-01-2003, 02:46 PM
I planning to do him... (Lots of costumes on my list...)

Fake_Mike
08-01-2003, 02:58 PM
what would be cool is to see a girl cosplaying the card version of a Harpie lady or even the first monster that Mia plays when she faces Marik (some the dark witch, can't remember the name)
or someone cosplaying a Kariboh.

kdthompson
08-01-2003, 10:39 PM
I have that card...*searches her deck*

It's the Dark Witch! That's awesome that Catpaw, Fake_Mike, and myself all plan to be Harpie Brother! It'd be awesome if we could all manage to meet in that costume sometime...

Heck...one big bad Yugioh group would be nifty in general!

Fake_Mike
08-01-2003, 10:41 PM
that's not the card. it called dunsand the dark witch or something. and that would be kool to meet up.

Wavemaster Elk
08-02-2003, 04:56 AM
I hope to cosplay as Magician of Black Chaos at AX 2004. Where did you see the pictures? I wanna see them :)

Elk

Catpaw
08-02-2003, 11:49 AM
I just searched the gallery... Wayne - No prob! W^V.V^W
Yea, bad-ass group...

TsukiGuujin
08-02-2003, 12:27 PM
I haven't actually done any YGO costumes yet, but here's what I'm planning:

My fiance and I are probably going to do Seto and Mokuba costumes (cuz I'm so frickin' short!).
I'm also doing a Bakura costume, as well as a Top Secret YGO costume. ^^

I've got a ghetto Malik costume, but no wig. X_x;

BTW, the card y'all are talking about is Dunames Dark Witch. (I love it, btw)

~~Tsuki Guujin~~

Dagger
08-02-2003, 03:05 PM
I might go as Pegasus sometime. I was joking when I said it, but now my friends keep on telling me I should go as him and sing "face up, face down" at karaokee. LMAO

Fake_Mike
08-02-2003, 03:20 PM
yah thats the one Dunames Dark Witch. It would be really cool to se someone cosplay her.

kdthompson
08-03-2003, 05:18 PM
*shrugs* So sue me...I don't follow the show as well as I'd like...

I designed my harpie's brother costume last night...and I was wondering...

Does anyone have the slightest guess what his feet look like or have any suggestions...if memory serves *hasn't really gotten to watch the show since the whole Duelist Kingdom thing*, he doesn't appear in the show and the Harpie Lady and her Sisters have bird feet

I'm debating at the moment weather to do that or just wear shoes.

Costume Update: I'm hoping to finish my Malik costume before the summer's out, or at least find a wig and possibly get the leatard to put the tatoos on. Plus, I hope to pick up some more pingpong balls so I can make my eye. It's kinda funny...It's just spray painted hot glue that's duct taped to my head. I'm also in the process of saving up to buy the wig I want from Katie Bair's Art Emporieum and Petting Zoo (http://www.katiebair.com/wig_maximillion.html).

Dagger - you should cosplay as Pegasus, it's loads of fun! I ran around AZ '03 with a wine glass and a untranslated Yu-Gi-Oh! manga. A fair warning though...I nearly over heated in it once, but the suit I had was kinda heavy after all.

Dagger
08-03-2003, 06:20 PM
Dar-Dar- Your Pegasus costume is awesome! You look just like him. How did you do the Millenium Eye though? I don't know how to make it and attach it to my face. >_<

kdthompson
08-03-2003, 07:42 PM
It was easy and fairly cheep too.

My buddy Mango (she dressed as Bakura from Battle city for AZ and wanted to have a seperate millenium eye when she discovered how to make it) took a ping pong ball and used a hot glue and drew out the basic shape of the eye. After it dries, peel it off then spray paint it gold.

You have a the Eye!

Now, sticking the golden eye to your face is just as easy. I first duct taped my eye shut using black duct tape. Then, I rolled up itty bitty pieces of duct tape and stuck them to the back of the hot glue eye. Attach to face. If you want, trip the extra tape from around the eye.

After it was made, I walked around Elizabeth's Pizza with just the eye on for a while and I got the funniest looks.

More of Pegasus!

http://www.risingsun.net/gallery/az2003/02/source/az2003-0093.shtml
http://www.risingsun.net/gallery/az2003/02/source/az2003-0094.shtml
http://www.risingsun.net/gallery/az2003/02/source/az2003-0095.shtml

That's my lil cousin with me...Her name is Squally2207 on cosplay.com. She's dressed in Tai's school uniform.

TsukiGuujin
08-03-2003, 07:59 PM
Dar-Dar, that Pegasquee costume rules. ^___^

~~Tsuki~~

kdthompson
08-03-2003, 08:20 PM
Thanks! I'm glad it turned out as well as it did, espeically since I had to sew all the bias tape and make other alterations to the suit by hand as well as the adding the Lace Trip to the shirt.

I just hate that in all the rising sun pics my hair had fallen infront of the Eye.

*goes to put on the costume and prance around the house in it*

Dagger
08-03-2003, 09:05 PM
*thinks* I'll have to try that with the eye. Thanks for the tip! ^_^ Awesome pics, btw!

CapsuleCorp
08-03-2003, 09:17 PM
man, duct-taping your eye shut? That's hardcore. :D

I looked at my cards - Harpie Lady does have claw feet and you can't see Harpie's Brother's feet, BUT...she also has clawed hands whereas he doesn't. So you might be able to get away with some brown soft shoes or something. Moccasins, maybe. Nice and comfy.

kdthompson
08-03-2003, 10:48 PM
Cool...*idea* Or I could use a rally baggy pair of pants that cover my feet...

*shrugs*

Oh...and the duct tape wasn't really that big a thing...I lost a couple of lashes but nothing major. and because I wore it for a long time, it didn't even hurt when I took it off.

Duck Tape brand is cool like that.

Psychotic Jei
08-04-2003, 04:17 AM
I was Seto at AX. *blink* And I have a new Seto costume planned for next year. Gonna take me up until AX to finish it. @_@; Plus...I have to make....Yami Yugi.....Otougi....Mokuba.....and the Blue Eyes White Dragon. Ugh. I have group pictures from AX in my gallery.

TsukiGuujin
08-04-2003, 02:29 PM
>>I just hate that in all the rising sun pics my hair had fallen infront of the Eye.

Me, too...
You should take a picture of just the eye on your face so I can see!!

>>I was Seto at AX. *blink* And I have a new Seto costume planned for next year. Gonna take me up until AX to finish it. @_@; Plus...I have to make....Yami Yugi.....Otougi....Mokuba.....and the Blue Eyes White Dragon. Ugh. I have group pictures from AX in my gallery.

You got pictures?
I wanna see!!!

Y'know, has anyone done anything but Battle City Kaiba?
I wanna see a DIFFERENT Kaiba costume. :P

~~Tsuki~~

kdthompson
08-04-2003, 06:25 PM
I have one picuture in my gallery, under Yu-Gi-Oh! That I kinda played with in photoshop where you can see the eye. I need to put on the costume again anyway.

*sighs* I know I've wanted to find somebody cosplaying as first season Kaiba and challenge them to a duel while cosplaying as Peggie Poo! ^.^

waynekaa
08-04-2003, 09:30 PM
I thought Odango-mango had First Series Kaiba trenchcoat in her gallery, but I don't see it there anymore.

TsukiGuujin
08-05-2003, 03:13 PM
>>*sighs* I know I've wanted to find somebody cosplaying as first season Kaiba and challenge them to a duel while cosplaying as Peggie Poo! ^.^

XD
That would be fun.

I know I talk about seeing Duelist Kingdom Kaiba, but I wouldn't cosplay Mokuba with a DK Kaiba...because DK Mokuba isn't as good. X_x;

You know what I want someone to cosplay?
Noa.
That'd be neat. ^___^

~~Tsuki~~

kdthompson
08-05-2003, 10:18 PM
That's understandible....

Mokuba is kinda wussy and whiny during the DK ordeal.

plus he's barely there...

TsukiGuujin
08-06-2003, 12:52 AM
>>Noah is like, trailer episode YuGiOh Kaiba, except with shorts.
Cos of that green hair! and white outfit.

X_x;
I think they ONLY DID THAT to show you HOW MUCH Seto and Noa look alike.
Gozaburo ONLY adopted Seto to replace Noa, and it SHOWS.
I hate first series Kaiba.
I really do.

~~Tsuki~~

Kas
08-06-2003, 01:40 AM
Cool.. it's exciting to see others into cosplaying Yu-gi-oh.. I can't wait to see some at Otakon.

I've cosplayed as Egyptian version of Malik. ( I even have the tattoo on my back.. not a real tattoo just on my body form thing) anway.. I also cosplayed as Black Magician of Chaos at AZ. I need to post up some pics of that costume.

I'm hoping to do more Yu-gi-oh cosplay in the future.

Psychotic Jei
08-06-2003, 04:40 AM
Personally...I think Gozaburo forced Kaiba to dye his hair that color. I have a DK Kaiba costume. But it just sits in my closet...because I dont like it much. And the one I'm working on.....is crazyness.

TsukiGuujin
08-06-2003, 05:05 PM
>>Personally...I think Gozaburo forced Kaiba to dye his hair that color.

Pffft, I think Kaiba would have told him to piss off.
I think the animators are just insane. X_x;
What's funny, is that First Series Kaiba STILL doesn't have QUITE the same hair color as Noa...Noa also has tu-tone hair. O_o;

>>I have a DK Kaiba costume. But it just sits in my closet...because I dont like it much. And the one I'm working on.....is crazyness.

Awww, I still wanna see a picture. ^^

The other Kaiba costume I can think of is the coat that's not quite purple...he wears it AFTER DK, but not in Battle City. ^^

~~Tsuki~~

kdthompson
08-06-2003, 06:12 PM
*wishes she had a digicam*

Dang...despite how much I suck at it...I really want to duel in costume all of a sudden...*snuggles her toon cards*

althought it'd kinda suck though because I couldn't see out of one Eye...

///o_<o>\\\

(do pardon the crappily made Pegasus face)

CapsuleCorp
08-06-2003, 09:13 PM
LOL then when we do finally meet up at a con, Dar-Dar, you bring Pegasus, I'll bring Yugi (should have the blue vest done by then) and we'll duel in character. :D

Just remember, that means I'll have to win. ;)

kdthompson
08-06-2003, 10:37 PM
Sure thing!

And don't worry...it won't have to be rigged...every duel I've played in I've lost!

TsukiGuujin
08-06-2003, 11:50 PM
>>Dang...despite how much I suck at it...I really want to duel in costume all of a sudden...*snuggles her toon cards*

I think they fucked up the toon cards horribly.
I hate that they did that, it blows.
I'd duel you, and win with my Ra card.
MUAHAHAHAH, PHEER ME!

>>althought it'd kinda suck though because I couldn't see out of one Eye...

*LAUGH*

>> ///o_<o>\\\

I LOVE THAT!!

>>Just remember, that means I'll have to win.

XD
That is too funny.

>>And don't worry...it won't have to be rigged...every duel I've played in I've lost!

I only lose to my fiance.
Of course, I've only played one other person, and I was using Obelisk, not Ra, against my fiance, who has Osiris. X_x;

~~Tsuki~~

kdthompson
08-07-2003, 05:30 PM
After hearing that...I KNOW I'm going to loose!

I have no god cards...probably some of the best cards I have are the toon cards and my promo blue eyes...

So yeah...you can add me to your list of defeats already, Yugi-boy... *winks, giggling*

Catpaw
08-07-2003, 05:34 PM
*Looks through Spellcaster/Warrior Deck* I should really get my Aqua Madoor Outfit done...

Psychotic Jei
08-07-2003, 10:05 PM
I was going to do the purple-y jacket....but I found a better one to do. Also...I want to finish my Priest Seto costume

CapsuleCorp
08-07-2003, 10:30 PM
Don't worry, Pegasus, I don't have any god cards either. I have as complete a Duelist Kingdom Yugi deck as I could put together. it only lacks four cards, not counting Exodia. But you're still going down! ;)

An Aqua Madoor would be really cool! I'd like to see that.

kdthompson
08-08-2003, 01:59 AM
*insert manical laugh here* Well Yugi-boy...as the creator of Duel Monsters, we'll just see about that!

*snorts* Oh geeze...I'm sorry...I'm such a ham...

TsukiGuujin
08-08-2003, 08:59 PM
>>I have no god cards...probably some of the best cards I have are the toon cards and my promo blue eyes...

*laugh*
I have Ra and three Blue Eyes, so I've got some power.
Of course, if I play Battle City rules instead of Duelist Kingdom rules, I've gotta modify the damned deck.
Even though I'm prolly not part of this discussion. XD

>>I was going to do the purple-y jacket....but I found a better one to do. Also...I want to finish my Priest Seto costume

Yeah, the purpley one is suck, but that doesn't mean I don't wanna see someone do it. ^^

>>I have as complete a Duelist Kingdom Yugi deck as I could put together.

My fiance has both a Battle City Yuugi deck and a DK one. X_x;

>>An Aqua Madoor would be really cool! I'd like to see that.

DUDE, agreed!

>>*snorts* Oh geeze...I'm sorry...I'm such a ham...

I think you're great!

~~Tsuki~~

kdthompson
08-08-2003, 09:21 PM
*blush* Oh shush... Thanks...

*ponders* I think I was taught to play with battle city rules...but then again, I don't know the difference between battle city and duelist kingdom...

Isis Ishtar
08-09-2003, 12:00 PM
Does anybody here have some tips for making the Millenium Items? Or, even better, Ishizu's battle costume? I'm trying to do her for Ohayocon next year. Your Pegasus pics are great!

TsukiGuujin
08-09-2003, 12:55 PM
>>*blush* Oh shush... Thanks...

No problem. ^^
I like your new avatar...eventually I'll have another one of me as Duo, but for now I *reallY* like my 1x2 kissy face!

>>*ponders* I think I was taught to play with battle city rules...but then again, I don't know the difference between battle city and duelist kingdom...

"tournament rules" here are based on Battle City rules, with sacrifices. Duelist Kindgom didn't require them, which means it's easier to use something like a Blue Eyes.
Battle City requires a little more strategy in your deck.
Oh, GOD, don't get me started! XP

>>Or, even better, Ishizu's battle costume?

Mekou-chan did a good Isis costume. You should talk to her!

~~Tsuki~~

kdthompson
08-09-2003, 04:00 PM
Then yes...I was taught the battle city rules...

However, I think I can duel Duelist Kingdom Style....my brother and I have done it before (I think) and I always beat him *chuckles* And he calls himself a Yugi cosplayer....

TsukiGuujin -- Thanks for the compliments on the avatar! I'm glad you like it...

TsukiGuujin
08-10-2003, 02:25 AM
>>However, I think I can duel Duelist Kingdom Style....my brother and I have done it before (I think) and I always beat him *chuckles* And he calls himself a Yugi cosplayer....

Hee, Duelist Kingdom is SO EASY.

>>TsukiGuujin -- Thanks for the compliments on the avatar! I'm glad you like it...

^^
Of course!
How can I not appreciate a good Duo costume?
If you've seen my gallery, you know what a Duo fan I am...I can mimic his Japanese voice and say "Shinigami is back from hell!" that's how big a fan I am.

Oops, offtopic.

Oh, a note on Battle City rules.
REAL Battle City rules would mean that you can't attack the turn you summon a monster using sacrifices. That somehow didn't make it into the "official" rules here. O_o;
And neither did the God cards, which blows lots of ass.
>.<

~~Tsuki~~

waynekaa
08-10-2003, 02:52 AM
Originally posted by Isis Ishtar
Does anybody here have some tips for making the Millenium Items? Or, even better, Ishizu's battle costume? I'm trying to do her for Ohayocon next year. Your Pegasus pics are great!

Ou, I had an Isis in my group
Is this what you consider the battle outfit though?
I don't have a picture of her in my gallery so just click on the link.
http://www.geocities.com/agsma/ax03-3.htm

kdthompson
08-10-2003, 01:33 PM
Oh...that reminds me....

Waynekaa, I was wondering if I could get some tips from you about making the millenium items. I've already got an eye (aside from the one I stick on my face), but I'd like to have the rest of them, not to mention I'd like to have the rod for my Malik costume.

Isis Ishtar
08-10-2003, 02:02 PM
Waynekaa: yeah, that's the one. I read through your skit. It looks funny! I wish I could've seen it.
But, yeah, my group is having a bit of trouble with the M-Items, too. We're trying to make the necklace, puzzle, and rod (we have Isis, Yugi, Malik).

kdthompson
08-10-2003, 02:38 PM
*forgot she had a puzzle* I probably need to redo it's attachment to it's chain though; the hot glue isn't holding up well.

O teach us great M-idem making master the rules and tricks to the trade!

waynekaa
08-10-2003, 03:37 PM
For the Puzzle, you can get one as long as you attach that arch thing really well to the top, you can thread a chain through it like I did. They sell those hook things at hardware stores and you can screw it into the top. (assuming your Millenium Puzzle is hollow)

If you're cramped on time on making the Millenium Rod, You should in a wood place at chair legs because there should be one style that is mostly straight until you get to the end, and that little chair design thing would serve as the tip. Then you can work on the other end with a banister end, but I've seen people use a styrofoam ball .

Catpaw
08-10-2003, 03:49 PM
Or hallow out the Rod, add some sort of plastic small knife in there... *Recieves odd looks* ...............what?

Tainted Donut
08-10-2003, 04:40 PM
hahaha the wb totally horribly edited and cut out so many things from yu gi oh, but i still dont like it, tooo many animes have the whole controling the monster plot..just my opion..wait im off topic, sorry i just heard the word yu gi oh, and got carried away..oh well, yeah good luck on that costume thingy.

CapsuleCorp
08-10-2003, 09:04 PM
I made my Millennium puzzle out of Sculpey, it worked great. Although, I did mine in 5 separate flat pieces and glued them together, so the joints aren't very clean. If I did it over, I'd put the base together and bake it as one hollow piece and only glue the top piece on after the fact. Less seams that way.

Though, I just got my hands on all kinds of casting supplies so I may attempt a solid resin one eventually.

TsukiGuujin
08-10-2003, 09:15 PM
>>Or hallow out the Rod, add some sort of plastic small knife in there... *Recieves odd looks* ...............what?

XD
I want someone to make a Rod with a knife in it.
That would just rock my world.

>>Haha, if you plan to make the Dub version, might as well forget about the knife because that was edited out.

Well, but then you'd have to be Merrick and not Malik.
I hate Merrick.
Oh, GOD, don't get me going on Merrick.

>>I made my Millennium puzzle out of Sculpey, it worked great.

Sculpey is my friend, I make lots of stuff for Sailor Moon costumes out of it!

~~Tsuki~~

waynekaa
08-10-2003, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by TsukiGuujin
XD
I want someone to make a Rod with a knife in it.
That would just rock my world.

I did it, I don't have pictures in my gallery at cosplay.com
You have to go to my props page to see it -->

http://www.geocities.com/agsma/agprops.htm

and search for the Millenium Rod.

Unfortunately, putting the dagger function in it makes it extremely unstable, (it likes to separate) so you can't really take it around and stab people with it, it's only good for taking pictures. So if you want to take a Millenium Rod around conventions and stuff, make the complete one.

Neko Kitty-Chan
08-10-2003, 09:48 PM
Yup... I so wish I could make one millenium item... I suck with wood work and stuff like that... *sighs*

kdthompson
08-10-2003, 09:58 PM
*ponders a moment*....Hmmmmm.....

*sees all these extra pipes laying around from making keyblades*....HMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....*

Maybe I can use that for my rod...since it's already hallow... and and thick foam in the middle to had support to the knife....*ponders*

ObsydianClaw
08-10-2003, 10:00 PM
heh, I would love to have one, just for the heck of it XD

kdthompson
08-10-2003, 10:23 PM
Heh ditto ObsydianClaw...I only want to cosplay as three characters...all three have items (pegasus, malik, and pharaoh yugi) but I think they'd be fun to play with all the same...

ObsydianClaw
08-10-2003, 10:25 PM
I may do Harpy Lady in the future, depending on if I get reference pictures. I tried searching, either they come out too dark, blury, or tiny card images...baka. >< Yeah, I need to make myself one, which one? I do not know.

waynekaa
08-10-2003, 10:35 PM
Are you going to do Japanese version or the censored US Version Harpy Lady?

DarDar: You should go for it! If you have extra pipe why not? And well if you mess up, you can just say it was hahaha "Odeon's" version of Merrick's Millenium Rod. :D

kdthompson
08-10-2003, 10:36 PM
*suddenly remembers her desire for a harby brother costume* Ok...correction...make that 4 costumes, 3 only need idems...

Whichever one you pick ObsydianClaw, good luck. *would make a suggestion but it has been too long since she looked at one of them save for the harpy brother which is a card of her's**

TsukiGuujin
08-12-2003, 02:48 AM
>>Unfortunately, putting the dagger function in it makes it extremely unstable, (it likes to separate) so you can't really take it around and stab people with it, it's only good for taking pictures. So if you want to take a Millenium Rod around conventions and stuff, make the complete one.

Awww, I still gotta go look!
I'll have to look Wednesday when I'm on a good computer again.
I would still love to have it with the knife because I'm morbid!

>>Yup... I so wish I could make one millenium item... I suck with wood work and stuff like that... *sighs*

See, I wouldn't make it out of wood, either.
When I make my Ring and my Rod, they will NOT be wood because I hate trying to do anything with wood.
No, I don't know what to make them out of just yet, because I'm not doing the costumes that require them. ^^

>> Maybe I can use that for my rod...since it's already hallow... and and thick foam in the middle to had support to the knife....*ponders*

You gimme pictures when you're done, missy!

>>Heh ditto ObsydianClaw...I only want to cosplay as three characters...all three have items (pegasus, malik, and pharaoh yugi) but I think they'd be fun to play with all the same...

Yeah, I'm the same way.
There's not a lot of characters I'd WANT to cosplay as, from YGO, because I couldn't really pull off some of them. I've got a ghetto Malik costume (he's my favorite!!) but no Rod. I'm probably going to have a ghetto Mokuba and a ghetto Bakura by the end of the year, as well. ^^

>> DarDar: You should go for it! If you have extra pipe why not? And well if you mess up, you can just say it was hahaha "Odeon's" version of Merrick's Millenium Rod.

XD!!!!!!!!
Odeon and Merrick, who are not at all the same people as Rishid and Malik. *hates the dub, don't get me started!*

>> Whichever one you pick ObsydianClaw, good luck. *would make a suggestion but it has been too long since she looked at one of them save for the harpy brother which is a card of her's**

I think the uncensored is better, but I'm sick like that.
If you'd like, ObsydianClaw, I can scan Kasandra's Harpie Lady card at a big size so you'll have a good reference picture?
I'd have to get it to you prolly next Monday, though.
Would you like me to?

~~Tsuki, who is in the middle of making the bestest 1x2 avatar for herself~~

kdthompson
08-12-2003, 08:11 PM
I most certainly will try, waynekaa and TsukiGuujin and I'll happily supply piccies. However, I'm back in school *sobs* so I probably won't get around to it until laborday weekend. In the meanwhile, I'll be drawing up plans.

And Yes, eventhough I haven't seen it...uncencored Yugioh has to be better...*would like to know where to get some*

Oh...and off handedly, does anybody know which two episodes it is that are used to explain Pegasus's past? I've been wanting to make an AMV for the longest about that but I can't find which episodes I need...

ObsydianClaw
08-12-2003, 08:24 PM
Sure, thanks Tsuki! The only one I've seen is the us version ^^; What does the other outfit look like?

waynekaa
08-12-2003, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by Dar-Dar

Oh...and off handedly, does anybody know which two episodes it is that are used to explain Pegasus's past? I've been wanting to make an AMV for the longest about that but I can't find which episodes I need...

Episode 40 & 85.

Tribble
08-12-2003, 11:36 PM
Just came across this thread. Big Yu-gi-oh fan right here, heh.

Dar-Dar, thanks for posting how you got the eye to stay in, i was having major problems figuring that out and was getting ready to just get some clear string or something to tie it on.

Was going to do Pegasus at Otakon, but my plans went awry, though the costume is still sitting in my closet. Even had a Pegasus deck ready to go and everything :hafha: and a friend of mine was going to go as the Chaos Soldier (Black Luster Soldier in english) one day and Chimo, Pegasus' side kick the other.

Out of curiosity, are any of you planning to attend Anime Boston 2004 next year? Id be very cool if a skit could be done or something similar. Mabey even a show-taunt style duel, I'm told i do a great Pegasus voice :thumbsup: .

TsukiGuujin
08-13-2003, 01:49 AM
>>And Yes, eventhough I haven't seen it...uncencored Yugioh has to be better...*would like to know where to get some*

Have you tried Kazzaa? ^^
That's where I get mine.
Of course, I rarely find it with subtitles. Just raw Japanese. X_x;

>>Sure, thanks Tsuki! The only one I've seen is the us version ^^; What does the other outfit look like?

Okay, give me until next week, and I'll have that scan for you!
I can't quite remember what the uncensored looks like...I think there's no straps covering her breasts. But it wouldn't matter either way, costume-wise, because you'd probably have to use a colored bodysuit. At least, that's my suggestion! ^^

>>Episode 40 & 85.

Dar-Dar, if you make that AMV, gimme a linkie!!!!

>>Just came across this thread. Big Yu-gi-oh fan right here, heh.

Check out this thread: http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10115 if you like YGO so much. ^^
I warn you, it's many many many many pages long.
It also rants about the dub muchly.
But, yeah!

>> Out of curiosity, are any of you planning to attend Anime Boston 2004 next year? Id be very cool if a skit could be done or something similar. Mabey even a show-taunt style duel, I'm told i do a great Pegasus voice

I'm always looking for cons to go to.
The problem with me, of course, is that, although I fly anywhere in the world for FREE, I don't stay in hotels for free.
So I'd need some serious planning done. X_x;

~~Tsuki~~

Isis Ishtar
08-14-2003, 11:36 AM
Do any of you live in or around Ohio? We're getting together a Yugioh group for Ohayocon, but we only have 3 members so far (maybe 5).
For whoever asked about getting uncensored episodes, on ebay you can usually find the Japanese box sets, but some are bootleg copies. With hilariously messed up subtitles *laughs about the time when they called Blue Eyes "Green Eyed White Dragon"*

Earthprince
08-14-2003, 02:22 PM
I've seen a Kaiba at anime boston 2003, along with two yugi's

kdthompson
08-14-2003, 08:46 PM
*sighs sadly* I feel all stranded out here on the east coast...I wanna see my Yugioh Buddies!! T_T

*bows before the great waynekaa*Sankyuu!!...*feels bad for not realizing his avatar was zema of Chobits sooner* Awesome costume!!

Oh, and TsukiGuujin, I'll do my darnest to make that AMV. I just changed OSes not too long ago and I'm in the process of searching for a video editor. As soon as this worm thing dies down some, I'll be able to use KaZaa again...

Suzushichan
08-15-2003, 03:13 AM
I've made the following costumes;

Mai (original purple outfit w/the boots and everything)
I also have the cape and butterfly mask from when they were in Kaiba's computer game thing...

Te'a

and Mokuba.

I also have a few dueling gauntlets and a couple of other props.

I'm in the process of finishing my Mystical elf costume. ^^

alechan
08-15-2003, 06:49 PM
(http://cosplaymty.webcindario.com/sf3-1.JPG)
WELL THIS IS A MEXICAN YU GI HO

CapsuleCorp
08-15-2003, 10:43 PM
ooo excellent Suzushichan! To do Mai with the "Madame Butterfly" accessories - good creative choice!

kdthompson
08-17-2003, 08:04 PM
I have to agree with CapsuleCorp; it's one of my favorite outfits in that part of the series, aside from that princess that looks exsactly like mokuba....

TsukiGuujin
08-17-2003, 08:21 PM
>>Oh, and TsukiGuujin, I'll do my darnest to make that AMV. I just changed OSes not too long ago and I'm in the process of searching for a video editor.

I use either Adobe After Effects or Adobe Premiere.
Although I loathe Premiere. X_x;;

>>Te'a

*shudder*
You mean Anzu? ^^;

>>ooo excellent Suzushichan! To do Mai with the "Madame Butterfly" accessories - good creative choice!

I like the creativity of that!
WOO!
^^;

I have a top secret costume planned.
I hope I'll have it done next year.
I'm sure it'll be great fun. ^__^

~~Tsuki~~

kdthompson
08-17-2003, 08:48 PM
I have a trial of adobe premiere and I've been trying to get a full version of it for a while...so I'll see what I can do...

SamuriSmurfX
08-18-2003, 03:30 AM
I was at otakon and i saw a cute yugi( girl) and kaiba, so its out there and its very nice!...but bewarned you'll be asked to duel

Catpaw
08-18-2003, 01:33 PM
*Is dressed like Yami Bakura/Bakura with knife & latern* Where is the blood?! Must kill 4Kids... *Storms off with an Undead type monster living plushies*

TsukiGuujin
08-18-2003, 09:09 PM
>>I have a trial of adobe premiere and I've been trying to get a full version of it for a while...so I'll see what I can do...

*stabs Premeire*
I still despise it, even though I DO use it.
Kazzaa works wonders.
Since adobe charges ass-rape prices for programs, I have NO PROBLEM with ripping them off by pirating their software.
(Don't flame me, it's just my broke-college-student opinion)

>>*Is dressed like Yami Bakura/Bakura with knife & latern* Where is the blood?! Must kill 4Kids... *Storms off with an Undead type monster living plushies*

WOO!
I want plushies!!!!!!

~~Tsuki~~

kdthompson
08-18-2003, 09:22 PM
*loves the avatar* I want plushies too....

Oh and I totally agree as well; but then again, I'm just the voice of a broke highschool student...

FujiHonda
08-18-2003, 11:03 PM
*waves cuz she's immature* Hiii, Mekou-chan!! ^^-

kdthompson
08-18-2003, 11:19 PM
*Waves because she enjoys being immature* Awesome costume FujiHonda! Love the hair!

FujiHonda
08-18-2003, 11:34 PM
Haha, thanks, I had something else planned for the hair but that was a last minute thing. XD

I really like your Pegs costume, too. *also wishes that your hair didn't cover your eye. :3*

TsukiGuujin
08-19-2003, 04:51 AM
>>*loves the avatar* I want plushies too....

I'm glad you like it!
It took like twenty damned minutes to cut us out of the background. >.<

>>Oh and I totally agree as well; but then again, I'm just the voice of a broke highschool student...

Well, yeah, that too.

>>*Waves because she enjoys being immature* Awesome costume FujiHonda! Love the hair!

*waves because I'm usually immature*
I like your Honda costume, FujiHonda!
Woo!

>>Haha, thanks, I had something else planned for the hair but that was a last minute thing. XD

Dude, better than I can do!
All I can do is braid my own hair, or make my friend's do the Trowa thing. X_x;

~~Tsuki~~

Catpaw
08-19-2003, 04:56 PM
Ahhhh... My friends Jackie & Randi r gonna be YGO cards... (Jackie again as Princess of Tsurugi and Randi... uh wha was it again?! some sort of fire assassin person...) for next Ai-Kon...

Piccy of my sis as Duke - (link) http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=63317&password=&sort=1&cat=500&page=1

Jackie as Princess of Tsurugi (with Erin as Sakura & Serena as Duke) - http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=63326&password=&sort=1&cat=500&page=1 (ahhh.. Jackie looks like a fruit cake... I guess... she's on the left, Serena - right, Erin - middle)

TsukiGuujin
08-19-2003, 07:12 PM
I like that Otogi costume!
And I like the Princess of Tsurugi costume, too. She's not a card I use, but she looks pretty. ^^

~~Tsuki~~

Catpaw
08-19-2003, 07:59 PM
*Lol* U should've seen PoT/Jackie when she went on stage for the cosplay contest... Since she didn't have her pink dress thing tied up (she was wearing a black skirt & shirt underneath)... The audience was cheering & whistling... *LOL*

Neko Kitty-Chan
08-19-2003, 09:14 PM
Oh Ra, that contest was funny! ^^ Yeah, I'm the Duke/Otogi in the pics Catpaw posted! :p

kdthompson
08-20-2003, 03:31 AM
*drools* Duke....*faint*....*quickly gets up again*

Ah well...Malik is cutier...

My brain hurts, I watched the dub today and kept doing connect to other anime in 3 degrees type thing and well...the voices...those evil voices! *cries*

TsukiGuujin
08-20-2003, 03:52 PM
>>*drools* Duke....*faint*....*quickly gets up again*

*snicker*
I like Otogi better than Duke.

>>Ah well...Malik is cutier...

^^!
Agreed.

>>My brain hurts, I watched the dub today and kept doing connect to other anime in 3 degrees type thing and well...the voices...those evil voices! *cries*

DID YOU HAVE TO LISTEN TO MERRICK!?
I actually had to TURN OFF THE TV because I couldn't sit through Merrick.

Dar-Dar, you really should check out the other YGO thread I started a long time ago...

~~Tsuki~~

kdthompson
08-21-2003, 02:52 AM
>>DID YOU HAVE TO LISTEN TO MERRICK!?
>>I actually had to TURN OFF THE TV because I couldn't sit through Merrick.

Yes I did...he's the one that makes me cry when I hear is voice. Besides that, that voice actor plays the 36 year old villian in another anime that same group dubbed and he sounds like a nasal old goat in that one too.

Someone make the hurting stop!

>>Dar-Dar, you really should check out the other YGO thread I started a long time ago...

*goes to hunt down that thread*

Catpaw
08-21-2003, 03:19 AM
... *Turns to see Serena glomping Malik & Bakura plushie* ....when I do Malik, I better run from Serena...

TsukiGuujin
08-21-2003, 02:05 PM
http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=10115

There you go, Dar-Dar.
Beware, it's like 30 pages. X_x;

~~Tsuki~

Kaori-chan
08-23-2003, 08:03 PM
I'd kinda like to cosplay as the Dark Magician Girl, or even Mai, but I'm up to my ears in costumes as it is so it'll be awhile ^^;

kdthompson
08-24-2003, 10:04 PM
Thanks TsukiGuujin!

Oh, and speeking of Malik, does anybody have any clue of any pattern suggestions for his top? I know a sleeveless, middrift, lavender hoodie with two chains on the front doesn't seem like much, but I'm quite pitiful when it comes to sewing anything. Oh, and wig suggestions? *doesn't have a clue of what to get*

Catpaw
08-24-2003, 10:07 PM
I'm sorry Dar-Dar, if only I was doin' the costume at the time... Sorry.

Neko Kitty-Chan
08-24-2003, 10:52 PM
Well all the andvice I can give you is to look at a thick straped tag top and see where they sowed on it. That what I'd do.

dylan no tama
08-24-2003, 11:18 PM
im cosplaying jeoy wheeler (battlecity)
and ive been working on the duel disk.

it came out alright but its chrome istead of white,(its sort of looks cooler when its all shiney) , and it also sorter then the other ones ive seen cosplayers use.

if anybody else had made or is making a duel disk maybe you can give me some adive or popinters or something?

Neko Kitty-Chan
08-24-2003, 11:35 PM
Hmm... Maybe I should make a duel disk eventually... I'm thinking about doing Seto Kaiba in his Battle City outfit only without the jacket! Hey, that'd would be cool wouldn't it?

Neko Kitty-Chan
08-25-2003, 12:35 AM
Hope your outfit turns out good btw, Dylan! I'm now planning to do Kaiba for halloween instead of a zombie.

TsukiGuujin
08-25-2003, 03:41 PM
>>I'd kinda like to cosplay as the Dark Magician Girl, or even Mai, but I'm up to my ears in costumes as it is so it'll be awhile ^^;

All my YGO costumes are like that.
If I get them done, great.
If not, I'll do them later, three years after the fact. XD

>>I know a sleeveless, middrift, lavender hoodie with two chains on the front doesn't seem like much, but I'm quite pitiful when it comes to sewing anything. Oh, and wig suggestions? *doesn't have a clue of what to get*

My Malik shirt is actually a tanktop with a hood sewed onto it. *laugh*
I still need to stitch the chains on it.
Of course, my Malik shirt was originally light BLUE and I dyed it.
It's so ghetto. XD

As for a wig, I think that it will be a big ugly pain in the ass to style it correctly. I'd get a platinum blonde one (his hair is so LIGHT! O_O;) and try to piece it out with pomade or hair wax or something. Because it IS kinda spiky at the bottom. I have to do that with my Bakura wig, too, but THAT one will be even harder. >.<

>>I'm thinking about doing Seto Kaiba in his Battle City outfit only without the jacket! Hey, that'd would be cool wouldn't it?

It *would* be neat, but Kaiba is more recognizable in the coat. ^^

~~Tsuki~~

Catpaw
08-25-2003, 05:24 PM
...yes... she wants to do all of Seto's... *Moves bang out of face* I'm only gonna do Seto's BC outfit... & his blue one... Two more YGO cards from my friends... I wonder if another friend could come... *Walks off, followed by the undead duel monsters plushie army* ... *Turns to plushies* I'm NOT BAKURA RIGHT NOW! *Gets carried off by plushie army* AH!

Kaori-chan
08-25-2003, 06:55 PM
MUAHAHAH Evil plushies!

>>Oh, and speeking of Malik, does anybody have any clue of any pattern suggestions for his top? I know a sleeveless, middrift, lavender hoodie with two chains on the front doesn't seem like much, but I'm quite pitiful when it comes to sewing anything. Oh, and wig suggestions? *doesn't have a clue of what to get*

For the wig, try getting one of those "punk" style wigs and use some kind of gel or beeswax to tame the spikes down and style it the way you think it should look. Perhaps that would work...

For the pattern, get a pattern for a hoodie jacket (they should make some for sleeveless ones) and just make it shorter all around the bottom. From there you can add the chains and everything.

Catpaw
08-25-2003, 09:23 PM
>>It *would* be neat, but Kaiba is more recognizable in the coat. ^^

Yeah I know... I'm gonna be Seto (BC) for Halloween... Hopefully I'll get his coat done by then. I'm gonna try starting it asap.

>>>>I actually had to TURN OFF THE TV because I couldn't sit through Merrick.

I covered my ears and went 'lalalala' since his voice is so horrid. I waited until U thought he stopped talking... (err... I know about the Rant YGO Thread already... Just saying this)

EDIT: WHOOPS IT'S SERENA (NEKO KITTY-CHAN)! I'm accidently signed in as Catpaw!

CapsuleCorp
08-25-2003, 11:12 PM
*hides from the wrath of the purists* um, I er...I like the dub, actually.

*runs away really fast*

Spooky Brew
08-26-2003, 12:04 PM
I was Bakura last year for Halloween and then again for the first cosplay picnic in March.

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=27188&password=&sort=1&cat=3308&page=2

Zeruda
08-26-2003, 02:43 PM
I like the dub too ^_^;;;;

Catpaw
08-26-2003, 04:05 PM
I just hang with it... but I hate on what I might be missin'... *Notices plushies again* ....I think I'm being stalked by plushies... *Swishes hair back* Yami (3 outfits), Seto (3 outfits), Celtic Gaurdian, Dark Magician, Harpy Brother, Antansu... uh... Malik, Marik, Ryou, Bakura...

Kaori-chan
08-26-2003, 06:51 PM
The dub is good and all (I especially like Joey's English VA (^.~)), but from what I hear it's nothing compared to the uncut version *cries cause she can't find it*

kdthompson
08-26-2003, 07:33 PM
Thanks Kaori-chan. I know I should have a hoodie and jacket pattern from when we were doing my lil brother's Yugi costume; I'll just use that. It's a kids pattern anyway....

I think about those wig suggestions; in the meantime, I'll be looking for one as well.

Oh, and if you get a synthetic wig, I suggest you use beeswax; the gel will make the hair curl up otherwise when you try and dry it, it crinkles up.

And on the dub vs sub issue; I don't mind the dub. I perfer the sub in places (example: Malik vs Merrik and the massive editing in the dub), but over all I don't care.

Kaori-chan
08-26-2003, 07:35 PM
Hehehe, glad to be of some assistance! (^.~) *cool anime pose*

Yeah, beeswax is cool like that

kdthompson
08-26-2003, 07:40 PM
Yeah, beeswax is cool like that...*does the whole flashy millieum eye thing just for fun*

Wai!

Kaori-chan
08-26-2003, 07:43 PM
Hooray for cool anime poses/things! \/\/00t!!!

....That was.....random.... XD

TsukiGuujin
08-28-2003, 04:35 PM
>>*hides from the wrath of the purists* um, I er...I like the dub, actually.

^^;
I only REALLY hate Merrick and the story changes.
MOST of the dub voices don't bug me...not TOO much.

>>I was Bakura last year for Halloween...

EEE!
I LOVE your Ring!
I've been meaning to tell you.

>>The dub is good and all (I especially like Joey's English VA(^.~)), but from what I hear it's nothing compared to the uncut version *cries cause she can't find it*

It really is nothing in comparison.
And check KaZzAa. ^^

And beeswax is an ace idea!
I might need it for my Hawks Eye wig. X_x;

~~Tsuki~~

Kaori-chan
08-28-2003, 06:50 PM
>>And check KaZzAa. ^^

I checked when I had it, and I always came up with nothing but AMVs. And since they're cracking down of ppl who use KaZaA, I can't download it onto this comp now. Not to mention that it totally screws up everything when I run it (x.X)

kaiba
08-28-2003, 07:33 PM
>>I checked when I had it, and I always came up with nothing but AMVs. And since they're cracking down of ppl who use KaZaA, I can't download it onto this comp now. Not to mention that it totally screws up everything when I run it (x.X)

Download the episodes off of WinMX. They've got fairly recent ones on there too, but they're raw. :3

>>I only REALLY hate Merrick and the story changes.
MOST of the dub voices don't bug me...not TOO much.

Dub voices . . . *twitches* Pretty much the only ones I can stomach before flicking the television off are Pegasus, Seto, Yami no Yuugi and Jounouchi. Then, the 'off' button gets flicked. Most usually whenever dub!Malik tries to speak.

Kaori-chan
08-28-2003, 07:37 PM
>>Download the episodes off of WinMX. They've got fairly recent ones on there too, but they're raw. :3

Actually I want to start from the *VERY* beginning, since they obviously royally screwed up the entire series. And I definitely need subs. My otaku dream is to be able to speak enough Japanese to watch anime raw, but I'm nowhere near that. The words "hai" and "arigatou" have somehow wormed their way into my daily vocabulary though.... I love the looks I get when I slip and say "Hai!" to someone who doesn't watch anime XD

kaiba
08-28-2003, 09:18 PM
>>Actually I want to start from the *VERY* beginning, since they obviously royally screwed up the entire series. And I definitely need subs. My otaku dream is to be able to speak enough Japanese to watch anime raw, but I'm nowhere near that. The words "hai" and "arigatou" have somehow wormed their way into my daily vocabulary though.... I love the looks I get when I slip and say "Hai!" to someone who doesn't watch anime XD

I haven't been able to find any of the Duelist Kingdom episodes raw or subbed on the 'net. You'd probably have to order the ones with the Hong Kong subtitles. I've found first series episodes, though.

Kaori-chan
08-28-2003, 09:31 PM
OOH! You mean the ones with Green-Haired Kaiba?!?!? I SO WANT TO SEE THOSE! Where did you find them?

kaiba
08-28-2003, 09:45 PM
Got the first four episodes of the first series off of WinMX. Yuugi is so damn fscking cute in the first series and Midorikawa Hikaru does Seto's voice. Need I say more? :3

TsukiGuujin
08-29-2003, 01:10 AM
>>I checked when I had it, and I always came up with nothing but AMVs. And since they're cracking down of ppl who use KaZaA, I can't download it onto this comp now. Not to mention that it totally screws up everything when I run it

I still use it, I've gotten some GREAT stuff off there. ^^

>>

WinMX hates me.

>>Dub voices . . . *twitches* Pretty much the only ones I can stomach before flicking the television off are Pegasus, Seto, Yami no Yuugi and Jounouchi. Then, the 'off' button gets flicked. Most usually whenever dub!Malik tries to speak.

I must say I agree.
And that's Merrick.
He's not even cool enough to be dub Malik. XD

>>I love the looks I get when I slip and say "Hai!" to someone who doesn't watch anime XD

XD
I love the looks I get in my fiance's car playing YATTA! at top volume.
Or some of my random J-Pop songs.
SO FUNNY!

>>I haven't been able to find any of the Duelist Kingdom episodes raw or subbed on the 'net.

I think I found ONE raw one?
I don't understand why I can't find them.
>.<

>>Got the first four episodes of the first series off of WinMX. Yuugi is so damn fscking cute in the first series and Midorikawa Hikaru does Seto's voice. Need I say more? :3

Yeah, him and Heero have the same voice actor...and their hair would be very similar in the front if I was styling someone's hair to do that. ^^

~~Tsuki~~

kdthompson
08-30-2003, 06:46 PM
Update: I went wig browsing todayu and found the perfect wig for Malik; it was $160...*sighs* Ah well...

Anywho...If I can finish my homework early, I'm going to get to work on my hoodie for malik as well as the millieum rod...I'm going to see if my theroy for the pipe works....

I down loaded several copies of episodes 40 and 85...If I got a good copy of Adobe Premire, I should be able to make the music video now. Thanks everyone for your help!

Kaori-chan
09-01-2003, 06:07 PM
>>I still use it, I've gotten some GREAT stuff off there. ^^
I wish I still had KaZaA. I've become too addicted to downloading music, and now I desperately need to see uncut Yu-gi-oh more than I did before (>.<)

kdthompson
09-01-2003, 10:43 PM
Personally, I'd suggest Kazaa lite...works loads better without all the bloody pop ups....

TsukiGuujin
09-02-2003, 03:16 PM
I agree with Dar-dar on the Kazzaa Lite thing.
VERY MUCH.

And I can't wait to see your Malik costume, Dar-Dar. ^^

~~Tsuki~~

Kaori-chan
09-02-2003, 06:36 PM
Maybe that's the answer......does it slow everything on your computer down like regular KaZaA does? Cause if it doesn't, and I get to download stuff again *is waiting for mom to get broadband (¨.¨)*, then I;'ll definitely get that. But then again, I think the no popups thing sold me...

TsukiGuujin
09-03-2003, 01:31 PM
It slows down the INTERNET, but not programs outside the 'net. And not as bad as regular Kazzaa.
You should get it! ^^

~~Tsuki~~

Kaori-chan
09-03-2003, 09:24 PM
I'll wait till we get broadband. I don't want mom coming onto the comp and finding KaZaA on the computer. She thinks *I* messed up the old computer, when it was her deleting things that shouldn't have been deleted. Maybe when I'm in college I won't have that problem. Maybe. (^.~)
*Wishes she could fast forward to Fri so she can watch uncut YGO* Wait dance solo Friday ACK nevermind *hides* (>.<);;;

kdthompson
09-04-2003, 01:12 AM
Much sympathy Kaori-chan. I understand you plight perfect. I want it to be friday so I can go to my school's anime club meeting as well as going home and spending the weekend with a friend. But I've got several projects due soon.

The same thing goes for the computer thing. My dad contantly blaims me for ruining my computer as well.

Malik Update: One of my little brother's friends' moms makes jewlery; I'm hoping I can get her to make the assorted pieces needed for Malik made out of real gold (( Hazzah to the power of Au!)) , or at least the ear rings, and I know it'll be fairly inexpensive. I managed to find a wig over the weekend as well, but it was $160. *sobs* I can wait till I get my first paycheck....However, he's done from the waist down! I have boots I'm going to use for him. Plus I've had a pair of leather pants for a while as well as that type of blue belt. I constantly keep a pair of purple contacts as well, so that won't be a problem either. Hopefully I'll get the costume done before Animazement 2004. I don't know if I'll have the tattooed leatard done yet, but hopefully I will... (I don't expect it to be done though)

TsukiGuujin
09-04-2003, 01:42 PM
>>I'll wait til we get broadband.

MAAAAAN, I wish I could get fucking broadband. *cries*
As for ruining computers, the computer at home has about 1/8 of the screen at the bottom burned out. >.<

>>Malik Update: One of my little brother's friends' moms makes jewelry; I'm hoping I can get her to make the assorted pieces needed for Malik made out of real gold.

DUDE.
That would rock the entire world. I think I'd just want the earrings made out of real gold, and the bracelets, armbands, and necklace, I'd get made out of something MUCH cheaper.

>>However, he's done from the waist down!

GAAAAHAHAHA!
You have no idea how incredibly funny that is to me out of context.
XD

>>I constantly keep a pair of purple contacts as well

Yeah, I'm getting mine VERY soon.
That, and a pair of gold ones.
Freshlook just came out with some that are this GORGEOUS color...they're the GOLDEST I've seen contacts before!
I need either purple or gold for almost everything I plan to do. Isn't that funny?
Of course, I'll be wearing the purple ones with my Duo costume to NDK.
Like anyone cares.

*babble*

Dar-Dar, I can't wait for pictures!

~~Tsuki~~

kdthompson
09-04-2003, 09:44 PM
^_^;;;;

I find that line to be most amusing out of context myself....

My contacts are the freshlook amethyst and I have a pair of their gold I think. I'm thinking about possibly getting the ciba vision vilot because its a bit lighter and a lot more noticible...

And as for the arm jewelry, I'm probably going to do what you're suggesting. I don't think she can make the arm bands out of gold, and the amethyst angel armor-making method would work just fine for those pieces and it'd be cheep as well...

Which reminds me...I need to make my duelest gloves...*shrugs* Ah well...I hate school...

TsukiGuujin
09-05-2003, 03:14 PM
>>My contacts are the freshlook amethyst and I have a pair of their gold I think. I'm thinking about possibly getting the ciba vision vilot because its a bit lighter and a lot more noticible...

I have Freshlook violet right now. They look very unnatural and very violet. I love them. ^^
I want to get X-Colors purple because they are SO INCREDIBLY NEAT!

>>And as for the arm jewelry, I'm probably going to do what you're suggesting. I don't think she can make the arm bands out of gold, and the amethyst angel armor-making method would work just fine for those pieces and it'd be cheep as well...

*nod*
I don't know what that method is, but yay!

And I hate school sometimes, too. >.>

~~Tsuki~~

Kaori-chan
09-06-2003, 01:11 PM
You know, I've come to enjoy school alot more now that I've found more otaku there. I never thought I'd find that many in such a tiny school...

Neko Kitty-Chan
09-06-2003, 04:13 PM
Err... I'm had a hard time trying to find the long sleeved turtle neck for Seto's costume... I found one though! It's a bit long though... -.-" I have no idea how to do the lil things on his arms though >.<
Any thoughts?

MrWonderfulToji
09-06-2003, 04:34 PM
try dog collars, go to your local Petsmart or whatever, and just see if they have small dog collars, they look pretty aright!
I cosplayed Battle City Kaiba at Anime Boston and Otakon 03.each time I get a bit better! at otakon, I had the duel disk... and for my next con, I'll have gauntlets and shoe covers...
sean

Kaori-chan
09-06-2003, 05:04 PM
You could get some material and make some. You could use the fabric to cover a stiffer-type substance. Do they have buckles? I seem to forget. If you do, you could make them out of clay...

Neko Kitty-Chan
09-06-2003, 05:13 PM
>>try dog collars, go to your local Petsmart or whatever

That could work! for one part of it... it was metal ~~

I know what to use for the blue buckley things but the stuff that looks like metal close to his wrists is what I'm having a hard time thinking about what to use. I'll post a few pics of his outfit below.

Kaori-chan
09-06-2003, 05:21 PM
Silver stretchy material. I'm not sure what to do for the circular bands though. Something that has some thickness to it, but can bend/stretch so you can get it on. Hmm.....

TsukiGuujin
09-06-2003, 10:41 PM
I agree. Silver spandex would work....or you could get black cuffs and paint them.
My GOD I wish I could explain what I'm thinking on this one. >.>

~~Tsuki~~

Neko Kitty-Chan
09-06-2003, 10:52 PM
Maybe I'll use a sort of paper material... -.- to tired to think of anything else.

Neko Kitty-Chan
09-07-2003, 11:35 AM
Woo! I'm going shopping today! I should be able to find the materials I'm looking for! (now looking for two shades grey/silver kinda cloth like) Thanks for the spandex Idea though ~.^" *lol and runs off*

Kaori-chan
09-07-2003, 02:47 PM
You're quite welcome! Band Shoppe (www.bandshoppe.com I think) also has pre-made silver gauntlet thingies you could embellish with more silver stretchy stuff of a different shade, if you don't mind having uber-shiny gauntlets. I'd give you a direct link but you need some kind of strange flash player or something to view the site that I don't have and am too lazy to download.

I hope you find the stuff you need (^.^)

TsukiGuujin
09-07-2003, 03:08 PM
>>Thanks for the spandex Idea though ~.^"

Sure!
Lemme know if you use that idea, okay? ^^

Good luck!

~~Tsuki~~

Neko Kitty-Chan
09-07-2003, 08:41 PM
>>You're quite welcome! Band Shoppe (www.bandshoppe.com I think) also has pre-made silver gauntlet thingies you could embellish with more silver stretchy stuff of a different shade, if you don't mind having uber-shiny gauntlets. I'd give you a direct link but you need some kind of strange flash player or something to view the site that I don't have and am too lazy to download.

OMR! It does have the thing I'm looking for! Too bad I don't have the money for it... X.x

>>Good luck!

Thank you! I'm sure I will need it! Though I'm pritty sure I won't be able to do the jacket... X(

P.S. Dar-Dar! Can't wait to see your outfit! ~.^ Big Malik fan!

waynekaa
09-07-2003, 08:43 PM
I used stretch vinyl for mine. I don't know how easy that is to come by though.

Kaori-chan
09-07-2003, 08:48 PM
>>OMR! It does have the thing I'm looking for! Too bad I don't have the money for it... X.x

I hate when that happens, you find the perfect thing for your cosplay and can't afford it. But whatever you end up doing, I hope it works out great! I wish I could help more...

Neko Kitty-Chan
09-08-2003, 07:43 AM
>>I don't know how easy that is to come by though.

Yeah... I haven't seen anything like that yet X(

>>I hate when that happens, you find the perfect thing for your cosplay and can't afford it. But whatever you end up doing, I hope it works out great! I wish I could help more...

You've helped more then you think! ^^ Thankies Everyone! I'll keep everthing in mind!

Edge
09-08-2003, 04:22 PM
i was in this October 5 like Yami Yugi. i hope look good :S

Kaori-chan
09-08-2003, 08:57 PM
I wanna do a YGO cosplay.....*cries 'cause her skin is too light to do an Isis costume* Too much bronzer would be involved...... *sniff*

kdthompson
09-09-2003, 07:21 PM
Now that's not true! Just because I'm dark skinned and short didn't stop me from being Pegasus.

And some of the best Isis costumes I've seen were light skinned. I admit, I try and find dark skinned characters to cosplay and use that to my advantage, but if I love a character lighter than me, well, I'll make 'em and wear 'em anyway...

Kaori-chan
09-09-2003, 07:28 PM
>>And some of the best Isis costumes I've seen were light skinned. I admit, I try and find dark skinned characters to cosplay and use that to my advantage, but if I love a character lighter than me, well, I'll make 'em and wear 'em anyway...

I suppose years of drawing and color guard have quite thoroughly wrung out any "oh well" attitude from me. I'm such a nitpicker it's not even funny. (¨.¨) I drove my grandmother insane when we were working on my Utena costume.... "Well, it'll be fine like this." "No it won't! See the pic? It's nothing like that! We can think of something!"

You get the idea. I do appreciate it though, and perhaps you've just convinced me to do that costume anyway. (^.^) Although I'll have awhile to think about it; my current project is still in the beginning stages.

I still think Isis would look hilarious with freckles and nerdy tan lines though...... XD Which is what that costume would look like on me (>.<)

kdthompson
09-09-2003, 07:35 PM
Well...I'll be a shruken Pegasus that looks like he's spent the last month tanning right along side you ^_^...

Good luck on all your projects!

Kaori-chan
09-09-2003, 07:48 PM
>>Well...I'll be a shruken Pegasus that looks like he's spent the last month tanning right along side you ^_^...
Good luck on all your projects!

Thanks, and the same to you! (^.^) LOL can't you see Pegasus out on a beach or something trying to tan, or sneaking into those tanning salons? Hmm that would make a good fanart XD

Edge
09-09-2003, 09:23 PM
i'll be Yami Yugi in the October 5.. wasn't easy, cause i don't think that he have a female version XD.. wish me luck in my costume

Kaori-chan
09-09-2003, 09:26 PM
>>i'll be Yami Yugi in the October 5.. wasn't easy, cause i don't think that he have a female version XD.. wish me luck in my costume

Ooooh good luck, be sure to post pics! (^.^)

Edge
09-09-2003, 09:28 PM
Por supuesto!!! (of course) :D

Kaori-chan
09-10-2003, 08:32 PM
Whee (^.^)

kdthompson
09-19-2003, 03:14 PM
Random Update: Apparently, the person I sent my sketches of Malik's jewelry through to give to his mother forgot he had the pictures, so my jewelry isn't getting made at the moment. I'm going to call the woman sometime this evening and ask her about it over the phone... However, on the bright side of life, I've got everything I need to make the "Malik Hoodie" (C), and I need to talk to the person I'm comissioning it from so she'll make it...maybe I'll have him done by the end of the year...*shrugs* especially if I get enough money from birthday and christmas *is so happy they fall in the same month* to buy a wig...or maybe I'll have the blond one I have cut after I wash and detangel it...*shrugs* who knows...

Well...that's the status o fmy Malik costume...

Oh...and just out of curiosity, anybody have any ideas how to make Pharaoh Yugi's jewerly?I have some ideas but I'm not sure they'll work...

Catpaw
09-19-2003, 05:20 PM
I'm currently taking a Jewerly course in ITT... I'll try to mange something beside my Lyn Earing, Malik's Jewerly, Eazul's headpiece & Keyblade Key-chain...

Kaori-chan
09-19-2003, 05:29 PM
>>Oh...and just out of curiosity, anybody have any ideas how to make Pharaoh Yugi's jewerly?I have some ideas but I'm not sure they'll work...

I dunno if you can make the whole thing out of this, but I used Model Magic on alot of my Utena costume. My epaulettes (minus fringe) are entirely made of the stuff. I suppose you could use that for part of the jewelry, but be careful and don't make too delicate stuff out of it because it has a tendency to break. If you get white, paint tends to cover it pretty well, depending on the paint you use and how many coats you put on.

kdthompson
09-21-2003, 12:28 AM
I'll think about that one...I personally was thinking about using foam board and craft foam for the that big circular necklass thing...but that could work...

Kaori-chan
09-21-2003, 08:30 PM
The necklace would be hard.... *thinks*

TsukiGuujin
09-23-2003, 02:35 PM
Randomly...
we saw this soap in the shape of the Millenium Puzzle. I would give huge points to anyone who didn't have money to make one for using the soap on a rope with a Yugi costume. *laaaaaaugh*

Um.
Yeah, I'm back from NDK, where there was a Pegasus cosplayer and a Bakura cosplayer. But nothing else YGO. >.>

~~Tsuki~~

kdthompson
09-23-2003, 05:44 PM
*giggles* Yay...bath time Yugi! And he'd have soap on a rope that looked like the puzzle...

Kaori-chan - A thousand apologies; I know you PMed me a while back, but I haven't had a moment to respond. If you still need those instructions for the duelist disk, I'll happily post them on the board...

Tsuki - didja get pics of 'em? Oh...and I remember you mentioned you didn't know about the Amythyst Angel Armor Method...well check it out. Infact, everyone check it out; it's great for stuff like the dark magician and the celtic gardian

http://amethyst-angel.com/armormaking.html

Kaori-chan
09-23-2003, 07:23 PM
>>we saw this soap in the shape of the Millenium Puzzle. I would give huge points to anyone who didn't have money to make one for using the soap on a rope with a Yugi costume. *laaaaaaugh*

I WANT SENNEN PUZZLE SOAP!!!

>>Kaori-chan - A thousand apologies; I know you PMed me a while back, but I haven't had a moment to respond. If you still need those instructions for the duelist disk, I'll happily post them on the board...

It's quite alright, don't go out of your way. ^^;

LadyoftheThread
09-24-2003, 02:07 AM
Hmm... How about gold fabric stiffened with interfacing for Pharaoh Yugi's jewelry. I think it could work for the wide collar although you'd have to be careful if it was the fusible type since I've found it can make some fabrics appear bumpy.

Oh, and I'm a newbie. *waves* I'm currently working on turning a business card case into a card locket for my Seto costume. (The lid was patterned like a card!) I'm doing the outfit from the museum episode rather than the battle city one which seems so popular with Kaiba cosplayers.

TsukiGuujin
09-24-2003, 02:46 PM
>>Yay...bath time Yugi! And he'd have soap on a rope that looked like the puzzle...

HEE!

>>Tsuki - didja get pics of 'em? Oh...and I remember you mentioned you didn't know about the Amythyst Angel Armor Method...well check it out. Infact, everyone check it out; it's great for stuff like the dark magician and the celtic gardian
http://amethyst-angel.com/armormaking.html

No, we didn't have our camera in that room. >.<
I'll see if fansview got pics, k?
And that armor making thing is SOO COOL! Thanks!

>>I WANT SENNEN PUZZLE SOAP!!!

It comes with other stuff, too....we saw it at Wal-Mart.

>>How about gold fabric stiffened with interfacing for Pharaoh Yugi's jewelry. I think it could work for the wide collar although you'd have to be careful if it was the fusible type since I've found it can make some fabrics appear bumpy.

That's a good idea...I actually have an Egyptian collar pattern, that you make out of gold cloth. It's easy to find said pattern, really.

>>*waves* I'm currently working on turning a business card case into a card locket for my Seto costume. (The lid was patterned like a card!) I'm doing the outfit from the museum episode rather than the battle city one which seems so popular with Kaiba cosplayers.

*GLOMPLS YOU*
I LOVE THAT YOU ARE DOING SOMETHING ELSE!
I really do!
I want pics!!!!

I still need my Mokuba costume. X_x;

~~Tsuki~~

Kaori-chan
09-24-2003, 09:22 PM
>>Hmm... How about gold fabric stiffened with interfacing for Pharaoh Yugi's jewelry. I think it could work for the wide collar although you'd have to be careful if it was the fusible type since I've found it can make some fabrics appear bumpy.

That might work... You'd have to make tons of those lil strips though, cause isn't the collar thingy segmented? *Needs to see that pic again*

>>Oh, and I'm a newbie. *waves* I'm currently working on turning a business card case into a card locket for my Seto costume. (The lid was patterned like a card!) I'm doing the outfit from the museum episode rather than the battle city one which seems so popular with Kaiba cosplayers

What a great idea with the card holder! It sounds like it's the perfect size too. Oh, and welcome to the world of cosplay! *wavewave* (^.~) Or at least, cosplay.com. Or yeah. How's about I just say "Welcome"? (>.<);;;

>> Dude, I am forever in the debt of whoever posted (and created) that armor-making page. I've always wanted to make armor. That person sure is innovative (and patient). I can't wait to try and make my own armor! Heyy, maybe you could use THAT to make the Pharaoh's jewelry! And Malik's too, actually.It would look like real metal then.

kdthompson
09-24-2003, 11:49 PM
Thanks's Tsuki, I'll look for that pattern. I hate I didn't see it when I was on my mad costume pattern hunt. Joanne's was having a pattern said and I got so many for like $0.60 each!

I plan to use that armor making method some. I mention earlier that I was going to do something like that for Malik. And I based my foam board idea off it it as well, for the Pharaoh collar. I know you can achieve the segmented look if you cut the foam board with an exsacto knife correctly. I was thinging after I did that, I can glue little bits of craft foam to it...*shrugs* I dunno...I'm still thinking...

And BTW...Amethyest Angel is A member of Cosplay.com...she has a thread some where around here...or you can PM her...You should check out the rest of her site, it's awesome!

Some one PMed me not too long ago about making the Duelist Kingdom Costume and I was lost on how to make the Locket...I'll pass along the business card holder idea...but I'm still going to try and figure out the other way I was thinking about doing it...I'll probably post instructions when I'm done...

It's not too much trouble Kaori-chan. I'll post it all the first chance I get.

LadyoftheThread
09-25-2003, 12:45 PM
<<I LOVE THAT YOU ARE DOING SOMETHING ELSE!
I really do!>>

Well, I picked that outfit because I had already made a long, billowy purple coat with gold buttons for a sewing class in the spring. The pattern I used was for an early 1900s duster and I bought it long before I started watching Yu-Gi-Oh. Actually, I didnít start until I was working on that coat since it helped pass the time while I cut my fabric. (I find that to be the most boring part of sewing.)

I didnít really intend it but I think my coat came out looking somewhat like a cross between Kaibaís Duelist Kingdom coat and his purple coat. My subconscious at work, maybe, since he did turn out to be my favorite character. *laugh* So, I thought it could pass as the purple coat although not all the details match up.

<<I want pics!!!!>>

Iím hoping to make it to a convention next weekend so maybe after that. Iíve put a regular picture of the coat in my gallery if you want to take a look. The color never comes out right in photos though. It should be a bluish purple but most of the time, it comes out as periwinkle blue.

<<What a great idea with the card holder! It sounds like it's the perfect size too. Oh, and welcome to the world of cosplay! *wavewave* (^.~) Or at least, cosplay.com. Or yeah. How's about I just say "Welcome"? (>.<);;;>>

*chuckle* Thanks! The card case was just a bit narrower and a little longer than a Duel Monsters card plus it had an oval in the center so it seemed perfect for the card locket. I used translucent paint to color the lid like a card and it came out rather nicely. (Thereís a scan of this in my gallery, too, but itís kind of dark.) Thereís no way to attach a loop to the top so Iím pasting the photo that goes inside to a stiff backing and punching a hole in it at the top. Iíll run loops of gold thread through the hole and attach the cord to that. Then, I can just close the case over the thread.

Chun Li
09-25-2003, 09:30 PM
i`m gonna TRY mokuba for anime next
Battle City Version, anyone know where to get that shirt @_@

kdthompson
09-25-2003, 10:42 PM
What's the shirt look like again? *has forgotten*

Chun Li
09-26-2003, 12:38 PM
Its Blue and Green Harozentaly striped with long sleeves. i also need a Yellow Vest with a high collar @_@ Help.

CapsuleCorp
09-26-2003, 11:33 PM
That yellow vest is some kind of old school 80's vest, every time I see it I think of that line in Back to the Future where the guy in the 50's is mocking Marty for his vest, asking him if he just fell off the ship or something because it looks like a life vest. I bet you could find something close in a vintage thrift shop.

The striped shirt you'd think could also be a found item, but who knows where or when that sort of shirt would be in style and able to be gotten at any department store? *shrug*

kdthompson
09-27-2003, 02:33 PM
I've seen patterns for that kind of vest. I know they exsist...I almost picked one up when I was putting together my brock costume...

As for the shirt, may I suggest finding a blue shirt and painting green stripes on it. Also, you should draw the stripes out so they're all the same thickness...But I've seen striped shirts like that at children's stores, like "GAP kids" or "The Children's Place" and I think "Old Navy" as well. But if worse come to worse, you can definately run to walmart and pick up a shirt from the boy's section for like 3 or 4 bucks and get a huge tube of matte green fabric paint...I've seen it done before (like for Bakura's blue and white striped shirt) and it turned out pretty nice, when done correctly...

Oh, and I've had so many people ask for it, I'll post my instructions for the duelist disk v. 2 later today/tonight...after I finish my homework...

Chun Li
09-27-2003, 03:16 PM
yeah. i`m gonna save battle city mokuba for another time when i can devote more to it than a week. so i am going to anime NEXT as duelist kingdom Mokuba Thanks for all the help BTW it will sure come in handy

kdthompson
09-27-2003, 04:17 PM
Good luck. I look forward to seeing pictures! (espeically if you can find a deulist kingdom Kaiba to pose with...)

dustbunny690
09-28-2003, 01:11 AM
I am working ona Bakura costume, but i have no freaking idea what to use to make his millenium ring. I have seen a few and most of them are porrly made. HELP ME -_-

TsukiGuujin
09-28-2003, 08:46 AM
>>I didnít really intend it but I think my coat came out looking somewhat like a cross between Kaibaís Duelist Kingdom coat and his purple coat. My subconscious at work, maybe, since he did turn out to be my favorite character. *laugh* So, I thought it could pass as the purple coat although not all the details match up.

Hey, that's really neat!
I'd love to see pictures!
And it's okay to not be completely accurate.
My Duo costume was originally just a throw together.
It's getting more accurate as time goes by. ^___^

>>Battle City Version, anyone know where to get that shirt @_@

I can't find that damned striped shirt anywhere.
I'll prolly hit the thrift store, when I get serious about making the costume.
Chances are, it won't be soon.

>>Its Blue and Green

I think it's actually two different colors of blue.

>>I bet you could find something close in a vintage thrift shop

That would be my guess.
Although I think my dad has one like that. O_o;

>>Oh, and I've had so many people ask for it, I'll post my instructions for the duelist disk v. 2 later today/tonight...after I finish my homework...

YAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

>>but i have no freaking idea what to use to make his millenium ring.

Wooooo.
I wish I could help, but I don't really have any ideas either. XD

~~Tsuki~~

Kaori-chan
09-28-2003, 08:56 PM
Fwahh, evil thing. Wasn't done with my post and accidentally hit "post". See below for what I meant to post here....... (>.<)

Kaori-chan
09-28-2003, 08:57 PM
>>It's not too much trouble Kaori-chan. I'll post it all the first chance I get.

Yay! Arigatou gozaimasu!

>>Battle City Version, anyone know where to get that shirt @_@

You could make one and use that iron-on backing stuff to make the design details... *can't think of his exact outfit right now*

>>I am working ona Bakura costume, but i have no freaking idea what to use to make his millenium ring. I have seen a few and most of them are porrly made. HELP ME -_-

There was an armor-making method posted above; my suggestion would be to use that for the flat part of the ring, and possibly for the dangly thingies since all they are are cones... from there I'd suggest some kind of modeling clay for the rest of it; just make sure it's really strong. I actually kinda wanna make a Millennium Ring, just to have...

>>>>Oh, and I've had so many people ask for it, I'll post my instructions for the duelist disk v. 2 later today/tonight...after I finish my homework...
>>YAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

What Tsuki said.

Catpaw
09-28-2003, 08:59 PM
Ya... *Is tryin' constantly tryin' to get to AN* Will there be a Ryou plushie there? How much? as for cosplay, I might make somethin' of Millenium ish in Jewelry Arts...

FujiHonda
09-28-2003, 09:49 PM
Dude...yesterday in Spencer's Gifts, my friends and I saw this foam millenium puzzle and a cheap duelist kingdom glove. They were the CRAPPIEST props I've ever seen, but funny as heck. So if anyone is looking for a cheap and easy Yu-Gi-Oh costume, there you go. =P

Zeruda
09-28-2003, 09:49 PM
I would suggest, if you have the resources, to try and weld the ring :D I saudered my first one [saudering is weaker than welding, however - and I"m constantly in fear of it falling apart o_o;;] and I found most of the supplies at wallmart ^_^ They have the right size ring near the fabrics in the crafty stuff for the main ring, then they have those cheezy little jewlry ring thins that come in pacs for the ones that hold the triangle thingies - for the cone thingies, I would suggest trying to find pendulums [I think thats what they are susposed to be, anyways ^_^:;] but you can find cone things used for the end of weave braids at many beauty supply stores. For the central triangle, you can cut it out of a copper metal sheet that can be found at craft stores XD I plan on making another like that - I'll post piccies when I do, but it might not be for a while.

And I saw the glove and puzzle too - did you see the costume with the mask?? oh wow.. it was.. scarey ^_^!

TsukiGuujin
09-28-2003, 11:54 PM
>>Dude...yesterday in Spencer's Gifts, my friends and I saw this foam millenium puzzle and a cheap duelist kingdom glove. They were the CRAPPIEST props I've ever seen, but funny as heck. So if anyone is looking for a cheap and easy Yu-Gi-Oh costume, there you go. =P

O_o;
That is...um.
Is the glove any good? ^^

>>did you see the costume with the mask?? oh wow.. it was.. scarey ^_^!

I saw that costume last year.
The Yugi one, right?
IT IS SO SCARY!!!!!!!!!

~~Tsuki~~

LadyoftheThread
09-29-2003, 01:06 AM
<<I am working ona Bakura costume, but i have no freaking idea what to use to make his millenium ring. I have seen a few and most of them are porrly made. HELP ME -_- >>

HmmÖ I think the last time I was at the crafts store, I saw wooden rings that were intended to be used as purse handles. One of those might work for the circular part if painted. :) I donít really have suggestions for the rest of it though.

<<And it's okay to not be completely accurate.
My Duo costume was originally just a throw together.
It's getting more accurate as time goes by. ^___^ >>

*chuckle* My costume is like that, too. I went to my first anime con last month. After the first day, I decided to try dressing up but I donít think the outfit was recognizable since I didnít have any of Setoís accessories. Since then, Iíve made the locket and gauntlets plus bought a belt and wig. And I got a nice pair of brown boots just the other day. (Iíd only noticed within the past couple of months that the shoes Kaiba wears with that outfit are brown.)

Iím going to temporarily tack shoulder pads into my duster since it doesnít have the exaggerated shoulders that Kaibaís coat has. I donít want to do anything drastic to it though since I spent such a long time making it and itís part of my ďnormalĒ wardrobe. I think I have to re-hem it this week since my heels got caught on the hem and snapped the thread while I walking around town in it a few days ago. Ugh. Sewing a 110Ē hem. I certainly donít envy Kaibaís tailors since his coat hems are probably even wider than that. *laugh*

<<And I saw the glove and puzzle too - did you see the costume with the mask?? oh wow.. it was.. scarey ^_^!>>

I saw the costume in a store the other day and it looks amazingly inaccurate. Havenít seen the puzzle or glove in a store yet.

TsukiGuujin
09-29-2003, 05:02 PM
>>*chuckle* My costume is like that, too. I went to my first anime con last month. After the first day, I decided to try dressing up but I donít think the outfit was recognizable since I didnít have any of Setoís accessories. Since then, Iíve made the locket and gauntlets plus bought a belt and wig. And I got a nice pair of brown boots just the other day. (Iíd only noticed within the past couple of months that the shoes Kaiba wears with that outfit are brown.) <<

O_o;
Are they brown? Dude, I never paid attention.
Prolly because I'd NEVER be Seto because I'd make a horrible Seto.
I can't do very MASCULINE boys, you see...although there's one I might attempt one day: Riki from Ai no Kusabi. Because I'm NUTS like that.
And I've noticed that that's just what you DO if it's your first con.
Last year, I threw on a gold cheongsam-like dress, a bright blue wig (it's actually my Legato wig, I just haven't cut it yet) and kitty ears and VOILA! I was something.
Kasandra threw on a dress. She had Faye Valentine hair at the time, so VOILA! she was Faye in a dress. No one knew what the hell we were. XD

>>Iím going to temporarily tack shoulder pads into my duster since it doesnít have the exaggerated shoulders that Kaibaís coat has. I donít want to do anything drastic to it though since I spent such a long time making it and itís part of my ďnormalĒ wardrobe. I think I have to re-hem it this week since my heels got caught on the hem and snapped the thread while I walking around town in it a few days ago. Ugh. Sewing a 110Ē hem. I certainly donít envy Kaibaís tailors since his coat hems are probably even wider than that. *laugh*

EEEEEW. That is a hideous thing to have to do. The sewing the hem, I mean!
I think just tacking shoulder pads into it is a good idea, since you don't want to alter it permanently. ^^;
As for the hem, do you think hemming tape would work? It saved our asses for NDK. We did EVERYTHING with hemming tape! Sailor collars, fuku skirts, chokers, sleeves, Trowa's pants...EVERYTHING. Much easier than sewing hems! ^^

>>I saw the costume in a store the other day and it looks amazingly inaccurate.

Like you're SHOCKED, right? -.-
I mean, have you seen the crap Sailor Moon costume they made!? I'm appalled at the inaccuracy of companies who mass-market costumes. They have the money to do it right! Why don't they!? Bastards. >.<

~~Tsuki, who is avidly screentoning her 1x2 doujinshi~~

kdthompson
09-29-2003, 08:05 PM
*giggles at the "trowa's pants comment, espeically since she's going to be cosplaying him at the next major con she's going to be attending*

Don't feel bad Tsuki...I can't cosplay as really masculine guys either...It's probably why my duo pictures from RisingSun.net look as good as they do...you don't see my girly face!

But anyway, moving away from the gundam...

I managed to get some spare time today so I'm going to fiddle with costume stuff. Mainly the duelist glove, since that isn't too hard and I have all the stuff I need for it...Plus I've got plans to work on props for other costumes, so that's cool.

Another thought I had to go with the Ring, if you go the route of wood, try using balsa wood for all the attachments. It's fairly cheep and can be easily cut with an exsacto knife... It probably won't work too well for the pendulums unless you use paper mashe or something to make 'em not be flat any more and just use that as a base....

Kaori-chan
09-29-2003, 09:19 PM
>>Dude...yesterday in Spencer's Gifts, my friends and I saw this foam millenium puzzle and a cheap duelist kingdom glove. They were the CRAPPIEST props I've ever seen, but funny as heck. So if anyone is looking for a cheap and easy Yu-Gi-Oh costume, there you go. =P

XD I wanna see that

>>>>did you see the costume with the mask?? oh wow.. it was.. scarey ^_^!
>>I saw that costume last year.
The Yugi one, right?
IT IS SO SCARY!!!!!!!!!

Most character masks tend to be scary. The cheaper they are, the scarier they get. Especially anime characters.

>>I certainly donít envy Kaibaís tailors since his coat hems are probably even wider than that. *laugh*

I can see them all freaking out over how to get his coats to look the way they do, even without any wind. Have you noticed the waistline on his Battle City jacket? It sticks up all weird and scares me. (o.O);

>>And I've noticed that that's just what you DO if it's your first con.

NOT ME! If you go to my gallery, every single pic in there right now (aside from the Metrocon gallery, obviously, cause that's of other people) is of my first true cosplay. And the same for my friend, we both got mobbed by photographers quite a few times that day.

>>I mean, have you seen the crap Sailor Moon costume they made!? I'm appalled at the inaccuracy of companies who mass-market costumes. They have the money to do it right! Why don't they!? Bastards. >.<

Think of it this way: their cheap workmanship makes us look *REALLY* good. And the fact that we make costumes out of actual FABRIC instead of lawn chair material helps alot too. Well I guess it depends on the costume, but I haven't seen any cosplayers use Barbie lawn chair material yet.

>>Another thought I had to go with the Ring, if you go the route of wood, try using balsa wood for all the attachments. It's fairly cheep and can be easily cut with an exsacto knife... It probably won't work too well for the pendulums unless you use paper mashe or something to make 'em not be flat any more and just use that as a base....

Balsa wood for the base, modeling clay for the rounded details. Just make sure you have the wood sanded REALLY well before you make anything, or it'll turn out all textured and weird-looking when you paint it.

CapsuleCorp
09-29-2003, 09:49 PM
I can see them all freaking out over how to get his coats to look the way they do, even without any wind. Have you noticed the waistline on his Battle City jacket? It sticks up all weird and scares me. (o.O)

OMG! I was wondering about that myself. Just what was going through the artist's mind when he whipped that coat up?? How does one do that without it looking completely ridiculous?

However, a 110" hem makes a lot of sense to me. It's great to see you've got a coat with the proper flare, LadyoftheThread. As a maker of cloaks and Jedi robes, nothing bothers me more than a coat, cloak, or robe that's supposed to be flowing being made too narrow. Don't you just love the feel of a huge drape of fabric flowing regally behind you? :D

Anyway. I intend to hit the Halloween store just to see the Puzzle and dueling glove for giggles. I doubt I'll get them, it'll probably be very scary and unintentionally funny. But hey, I'm all about cheap entertainment.

It occurs to me only now, after seeing other great suggestions about the Millennium Ring, that you will probably need a base of some kind under whatever you use, even Sculpey. I technically have a cardboard base underneath my Puzzle, more for shape than for sturdyness.

kdthompson
09-29-2003, 09:57 PM
Kaori-chan - YOU WERE AT METROCON??! I feel so bad now...I had the chance to meet you and missed it! *sobs* I feel so bad for not bringing my Pegasus cosutme with me...

LadyoftheThread
09-30-2003, 02:15 AM
<<Are they brown? Dude, I never paid attention.
Prolly because I'd NEVER be Seto because I'd make a horrible Seto.
I can't do very MASCULINE boys, you see...although there's one I might attempt one day: Riki from Ai no Kusabi. Because I'm NUTS like that.>>

Yes, the shoes worn with the purple coat are brown. I had assumed they were black and it took me quite a while to notice that they werenít since that outfit hasnít appeared nearly as much as the battle city or duelist kingdom ones.

Well, I look quite feminine but Iím trying this anyway since I can sort of relate to Seto. IRL, I tend to be a loner and have a bit of an ďIíd rather work aloneĒ attitude. Plus, I spent four rather miserable years in business school because of my parents. (Yes, I have a business degree and getting it was definitely not fun. :mad: )

I hadnít been planning to but Iíll now be staying overnight at the con Iím attending this weekend. I only have one costume so Iím thinking of being silly on Sunday, wearing the card locket with one of my regular outfits and pretending that Kaiba got turned into a girl for a day by some strange Egyptian magic. *giggle* HmmÖ But which outfit? I have one that I like in a color scheme kind of like his battle city outfit. Itís a white shirt, black skirt, and a dressy knee-length vest in a dark red/black brocade-like material. Or maybe my bluish green shirt (somewhat like Setoís duelist kingdom shirt) and a black skirt under my purple duster? Black top and skirt with the purple coat? Oh, well. I still have a few days to think about it.

<<As for the hem, do you think hemming tape would work? It saved our asses for NDK. We did EVERYTHING with hemming tape! Sailor collars, fuku skirts, chokers, sleeves, Trowa's pants...EVERYTHING. Much easier than sewing hems! ^^ >>

*chuckle* Iíve already started re-hemming it and I would prefer for the hem to be actually sewn. This coat is probably the nicest thing Iíve ever made in terms of construction. All of the exposed inside seam allowances are Hong Kong bound so I did an insane amount of hand sewing and everything is nice and neat. (Well, I did do this in a sewing class that I was taking for my fashion design certificate.)

<<I can see them all freaking out over how to get his coats to look the way they do, even without any wind. Have you noticed the waistline on his Battle City jacket? It sticks up all weird and scares me. (o.O); >>

*laugh* Yes, Kaibaís coats seem to defy gravity, donít they? The waistline is supposed to be the same way on the purple coat, too. It looks quite weird and Iím not sure exactly what those things sticking out are supposed to be.

<<NOT ME! If you go to my gallery, every single pic in there right now (aside from the Metrocon gallery, obviously, cause that's of other people) is of my first true cosplay. >>

The costume looks great! :bigtu:

<<However, a 110" hem makes a lot of sense to me. It's great to see you've got a coat with the proper flare, LadyoftheThread. As a maker of cloaks and Jedi robes, nothing bothers me more than a coat, cloak, or robe that's supposed to be flowing being made too narrow. Don't you just love the feel of a huge drape of fabric flowing regally behind you? >>

Yes, I love walking around town in my billowy purple duster when itís cool enough. :) Itís kind of annoying though when the wind is blowing in the wrong direction and all that fabric tries to wrap itself around your shins. Iíve done a few cloaks, too, but they just hang in my closet. You can see a bit of my favorite one in my avatar and thereís a full picture on my webpage. I bought 12 yards of fabric for that one since I decided to make it reversible. (satiny red with a black flocked floral pattern on one side and plain black on the other)

Since Tsuki commented and asked about the card locket in my gallery, hereís how I made mine:

I started with the gold-plated ďTiffany Card CaseĒ sold by the Metropolitan Museum of Art in their gift shops and on their website. (A bit expensive at $30 but the pattern on the lid makes it perfect for the Kaiba brothersí lockets.) I used a translucent glass/metal paint called Vitrail (made by Pebeo) to paint the lid of the card case. The colors are black (shade 15) for the center oval and purple (shade 26) for the area around the oval. (The purple will look red due to the gold underneath.)

For the inside, I found a picture of the photo in the locket and fiddled with it until it was the right size before printing it out. I took an old plastic copying machine card and rubber cemented the picture to that. (A bit of cardboard or something in the right size should work, too.) I punched a hole through the picture in the center at the top. Then, I cut a length of heavy gold thread and tied the ends together. I folded and twisted it a few times so that I had 4 loops. I put the loops halfway through the hole and folded them up towards the top. Then, I attached some brown cord to the gold thread, going through all 8 of the loop ends. Lastly, I closed the card case over the picture with the gold thread sticking out of the top. (You'd have to be careful if you open it since the case won't actually be attached to the necklace and picture.)

kenhidaka
09-30-2003, 08:59 PM
I thought the rumours weren't true till I saw the Shonen Jump this month. Mattel is making a duel disk system! Sadly as I looked at it, it almost matched the duel disk but the magic/trap slots were on the outside of the disk not the inside like in the shows and they mixed the drawing and discard slots on it. Sigh, well it does beat getting stressed over building a duel disk but it at least reads your lp in digital :bigtu:

By the way Dar-Dar, when are you gonna post the instructions for the duel disk? I don't want to sound pushy but I wanna get a headstart on it before school starts piling on the work.

Kaori-chan
09-30-2003, 09:18 PM
>>OMG! I was wondering about that myself. Just what was going through the artist's mind when he whipped that coat up?? How does one do that without it looking completely ridiculous?

I think artists take bets on who can make the hardest-to-cosplay designs.

>>Don't you just love the feel of a huge drape of fabric flowing regally behind you?

YES! Which is why I'm itching to do a cosplay that actually requires such a drape of fabric. Maybe I'll make a cape for my Zelda costume or something.

>>It occurs to me only now, after seeing other great suggestions about the Millennium Ring, that you will probably need a base of some kind under whatever you use, even Sculpey. I technically have a cardboard base underneath my Puzzle, more for shape than for sturdyness.

Either way, a base is necessary unless you want half of your prop to suddenly drop off in the middle of a con, or wherever you wear your costume.

>>Kaori-chan - YOU WERE AT METROCON??! I feel so bad now...I had the chance to meet you and missed it! *sobs* I feel so bad for not bringing my Pegasus cosutme with me...

Were you there on Sunday? If so, were you cosplaying, and as who? I was only there that day, and if you saw Utena and Anthy cosplayers, I was the Utena. (^.^) Going to Megacon?

>>I only have one costume so Iím thinking of being silly on Sunday, wearing the card locket with one of my regular outfits and pretending that Kaiba got turned into a girl for a day by some strange Egyptian magic.

LOL DO IT! Only you have to be wearing something really girly and glare at anyone who even looks at you, like "I'm not doing this because I WANT to or anything, so shut up." Or however Kaiba would react to something like that...

>>All of the exposed inside seam allowances are Hong Kong bound so I did an insane amount of hand sewing and everything is nice and neat. (Well, I did do this in a sewing class that I was taking for my fashion design certificate.)

What's Hong Kong bound? Never heard of it.

>>*laugh* Yes, Kaibaís coats seem to defy gravity, donít they? The waistline is supposed to be the same way on the purple coat, too. It looks quite weird and Iím not sure exactly what those things sticking out are supposed to be.

Kaiba's coats rock, except for those sticky-outy things.

>>The costume looks great!

Yay! Thank you (^.^)

>>Itís kind of annoying though when the wind is blowing in the wrong direction and all that fabric tries to wrap itself around your shins.

Welcome to my world: twirling flags in the wind. Plus, then the stitching scratches you in the face and it hurts (>.<)

>>I thought the rumours weren't true till I saw the Shonen Jump this month. Mattel is making a duel disk system! Sadly as I looked at it, it almost matched the duel disk but the magic/trap slots were on the outside of the disk not the inside like in the shows and they mixed the drawing and discard slots on it. Sigh, well it does beat getting stressed over building a duel disk but it at least reads your lp in digital

What I REALLY wanna see is a TRUE DuelDisk system, with holographic projectors and everything. It's probably too impractical and outrageous to actually make, but it would be fun to see someone try. And it's much cooler to see someone who MADE a prop like that, instead of buying it.

>>By the way Dar-Dar, when are you gonna post the instructions for the duel disk? I don't want to sound pushy but I wanna get a headstart on it before school starts piling on the work.

Too late for me. ^^; My afternoons and Saturdays are taken up by Marching band, and evenings I'm not at my grandma's house where I'm making my costume. Which leaves Sundays and holidays. And I have until Halloween. How much do I have done on the costume? My un-hemmed, un-pleated skirt now has waistband with no fastening. The rest is still neatly folded lengths of fabric with the cutting slips still pinned onto them. This is gonna be......interesting....... ^^;

CapsuleCorp
09-30-2003, 11:36 PM
Oh wow, Lady! That locket is remarkably accurate! Fantastic job!!

Catpaw
10-01-2003, 08:58 AM
*Sighs* My sis wants to be Bakura from Egypt... I'll be her Mahaddo... we're kinda lookin' for ppl... not that sure... I'll get back to this...

TsukiGuujin
10-01-2003, 02:34 PM
>>*giggles at the "trowa's pants comment, espeically since she's going to be cosplaying him at the next major con she's going to be attending*

Trowa, or Trowa in the clown costume? ^^

>>Don't feel bad Tsuki...I can't cosplay as really masculine guys either...It's probably why my duo pictures from RisingSun.net look as good as they do...you don't see my girly face!

XD
Duo's not masculine.
He's girly.
Well, not exactly girly.
But everyone and their brother has seen my Duo pictures. And people at NDK didn't seem to know my gender. So I guess I'm convincing enough.
Kas was much more convincing, though.
With her hair over one eye and Trowa's mask, you couldn't see her face at all! XD

>>Most character masks tend to be scary. The cheaper they are, the scarier they get. Especially anime characters.

True.

>>Think of it this way: their cheap workmanship makes us look *REALLY* good. And the fact that we make costumes out of actual FABRIC instead of lawn chair material helps alot too. Well I guess it depends on the costume, but I haven't seen any cosplayers use Barbie lawn chair material yet.

XD
You're right.
*laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaugh* about lawn chair material.
I want a lawn chair...

>>Yes, the shoes worn with the purple coat are brown. I had assumed they were black and it took me quite a while to notice that they werenít since that outfit hasnít appeared nearly as much as the battle city or duelist kingdom ones.

*laugh*
It took me a long time to notice that Duo's Endless Waltz shoes are brown, too. But I REFUSE to have shoes like that. Besides, my combat boots look more bad-ass. XD

>>This coat is probably the nicest thing Iíve ever made in terms of construction. All of the exposed inside seam allowances are Hong Kong bound so I did an insane amount of hand sewing and everything is nice and neat

What does Hong Kong bound mean?
Tsuki = baka
Anyway.
I understand you wanting to sew it yourself, then. I was just suggesting. ^^

>>I started with the gold-plated ďTiffany Card CaseĒ sold by the Metropolitan Museum of Art in their gift shops and on their website. (A bit expensive at $30 but the pattern on the lid makes it perfect for the Kaiba brothersí lockets.) I used a translucent glass/metal paint called Vitrail (made by Pebeo) to paint the lid of the card case. The colors are black (shade 15) for the center oval and purple (shade 26) for the area around the oval. (The purple will look red due to the gold underneath.)

O_O
DUDE.
Of course I'll never find those cases!
So you should make two more and sell them to me. *laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaugh*
(kidding! ^^;)

>>I think artists take bets on who can make the hardest-to-cosplay designs.

WAHAHA.
I know I do.
I think that Squaresoft did that with X-2, as well...

>>Either way, a base is necessary unless you want half of your prop to suddenly drop off in the middle of a con, or wherever you wear your costume.

I love Sculpey for things like that.
Sculpey is God.

>> Only you have to be wearing something really girly and glare at anyone who even looks at you, like "I'm not doing this because I WANT to or anything, so shut up." Or however Kaiba would react to something like that...

XD!
That would be hilarious.

>>Kaiba's coats rock, except for those sticky-outy things.

I hate the sticking out things.
They look dorky. >.<

>>What I REALLY wanna see is a TRUE DuelDisk system, with holographic projectors and everything. It's probably too impractical and outrageous to actually make, but it would be fun to see someone try. And it's much cooler to see someone who MADE a prop like that, instead of buying it.

AGREED.
I don't think it would be completely impractical AT ALL. Of course, I have a wild imagination. ^^;
And I also think that making one is much more impressive.
However, sometimes, buying one might be cheaper. X_x;

~~Tsuki~~

kdthompson
10-01-2003, 07:29 PM
Were you there on Sunday? If so, were you cosplaying, and as who? I was only there that day, and if you saw Utena and Anthy cosplayers, I was the Utena. (^.^) Going to Megacon?

I was there all weekend. However, I entered the costume contest so I didn't do alot of walking around. (plus I slept late that morning... ^_^;;;) For most of the day, I was Cloud of FFVII but my hair was neon green and didn't spike quite enough. After the contest, I canged into my Dark Link costume and walked around until the con closed and all the cosplayers disappeared. (I stayed another night after the con so I got the leave with the staff. Whee!)

Trowa, or Trowa in the clown costume? ^^

Trowa. I don't have enough sewing skill to be the clown version...

>>By the way Dar-Dar, when are you gonna post the instructions for the duel disk? I don't want to sound pushy but I wanna get a headstart on it before school starts piling on the work.

*sobs* I'm sorry! *feels really bad* I'll start a new post and start now... My problem is that school is piling on major work and I keep getting swamped...*posts this then starts working on instructions*

And as to REAL duelist disk....I think the first ones would have the best chance of working...but you probably couldn't throw them and there'd be a card reader on your arm instead....

kdthompson
10-01-2003, 08:14 PM
Alright, the moment you've all be waiting for, the poor man's duelist disk v.2. I made this over the course of a couple of hours the night before Animemazement 2003, so you're more than welcome to modify it however you wish...These are, after all, just basic instructions that I figured out as I did it...

I guarentee that it'll whole a full deck of cards in either the discard pile or the draw pile for a good 10 minutes (at least) but if there are any less then you'll have to hold the cards in place some other way...

MATERIALS:

White Foam Board White Craft Foam (foamies brand - both thin and thick kind) Chinette Paper Plates (styrophome won't work for this and you'll need the kind without devided sections) Hot Glue Gun and glue stics Colored Duct/Electrical Tape (red and black) Cheep Watch/Velco Blue Card Protectors Super Glue (optional)

INSTRUCTION:

First sketch out the basic shape of the duelist disk onto the foam board. for the round part, use one of the paper plates you bought as a template. Also make sure that five of the card protectors can fit on top of the 'fin' looking area of the duelist disk as well.
Cut out the foam board. Repeat Steps one and two, this time based on the first piece of foam board you cut out in order to achive the correct thickness. (I'm not sure how to achieve the inside slots, so you can try to play around with that if you'd like)
Now, use the exsact-o knife and cut slits in whichever piece of foam board is going to be you bottom piece. Thread the Velcro/watch through the slits. Whichever plate you're going to glue to the bottem half you'll have to cut corresponding slits in it as well. If you'd like, you can glue the straps in place so you know they won't slide around.
After that's all done, Attach the plate to the bottem piece of foam board. Then, gue the top piece of foam board to that.
Now, here come the intresting part. **Make sure you have your deck handy for this.** Piece the paper plate you're going to use for the top; you're going to have to cut the slits for the discard and draw piles out of it now. You're going to have to cut them too big alttle bigger than the thickness of the foam board.
Attach the paper plate to the foam board. Then, cut out rectangles of foam board to close off the opening so the cards are held securely in place. Also, make sure you 'caulk' all the cracks with the glue gun before continuing; don't want to loose any of them inside of the duelist disk!
Next, cut of of either foam board or a thick piece of foam board a small, circular piece and hot glue that to the center of the top part of the duelist disk.
Then, with the foam board cut out the piece for the LP counter and the random triangluar-ish piece that goes over the discard pile. Technically, you'll need two pieces of foam board for the LP counter to be the right thickness, but one works just fine. Glue these to the Duelist Disk. You'll probably need to cut out a small rectangles to glue to the bottem of these pieces in order for them to have a snug fit on you cards.
Now, you're down mostly just to the decorative stuff; glue the 5 card protectors in place.
Just like the stickers you get on most toys, put the red and black duct tape on where the markings should go and well as the black screen for the LP counter.
(Optional) If you do this step, your DD v.2 will probably look much, correction, WAY better than mine. Clean up the edges around the fin-thingy with the craft foam and give them the some what raised and slanted edges it's supposed to have. You can also use a thin piece of craft foam and attach velcro to one side and velcro to the bottem of the duelist disk; this will cover up the velcro/watch band as well as making it appear to have the metal cuff it does in the show.
Enjoy and May Your Duels be in Your Favor! I know it's probably won't look like it's fresh off the Kaiba Corps assembly line, But it'll serve its purpose well!

I hope I helped some people. And My apoligies for not posting this sooner! I'd post pictures with it, but I have none of my lil bro's Duelist Disk, and he's nearly distroyed it anyway... (I'll post pictures some time...don't know when though...)

Kaori-chan
10-01-2003, 08:50 PM
>>I want a lawn chair...

Go to Big Lots. Or something. Are there even any Big Lots-es around anymore? (o.O)

>>Tsuki = baka

Tsuki-san wa baka janai, ne? (^.^) Or something like that. It's been forever since I learned what I know of Japanese (>.<)

>>Sculpey is God.

Model Magic is good too, but you just need enough of it to make sure it's stable. Hot glue is a MIRACLE worker when it comes to assembling most cosplay accessories.

>>They look dorky. >.<

Kinda funny too though. Just the fact that he wears his coats like that.

>>I don't think it would be completely impractical AT ALL. Of course, I have a wild imagination. ^^;

But think about it: you need to have all the computer knowledge to scan, recognize, and process EVERY SINGLE CARD. Plus transmitting it to the projector thingies, and installing updates every time a new booster pack is released. Talk about annoying.... That's what's always bothered me about dueldisks. Kaiba DESIGNED the thing HIMESELF. He even built the first one! So why is he all surprised every time he sees a new card? He should know literally everything about Duel Monsters. Otherwise, how could he have personally designed the DuelDisks like he says he did?

>>I was there all weekend. However, I entered the costume contest so I didn't do alot of walking around. (plus I slept late that morning... ^_^;;;) For most of the day, I was Cloud of FFVII but my hair was neon green and didn't spike quite enough. After the contest, I canged into my Dark Link costume and walked around until the con closed and all the cosplayers disappeared. (I stayed another night after the con so I got the leave with the staff. Whee!)

I think I remember a Cloud, but I'm not quite sure. My friend and I were LITERALLY the first ones out to the con that day. The only people we met were hotel staff XD I didn't get to see Dark Link 'cause we left right after the contest. Be sure to be at Megacon though! I'm planning on being Zelda some time during the con, if I can get the costume made in time.

>>And as to REAL duelist disk....I think the first ones would have the best chance of working...but you probably couldn't throw them and there'd be a card reader on your arm instead....

Agreed. But the second ones look so darned cool. Actually, one of those "oversized dueling arenas" as Kaiba called them would have the MOST chance of working. More space to put in the computer system and holographic doodads (scientific term there, by the way (^.~)), and yeah.

Dar-Dar, you ROCK. 'nuff said.

kdthompson
10-01-2003, 11:52 PM
There was one other cloud there. Here I am as seen in RisingSun.net!

http://www.risingsun2.net/gallery/metro2003-costume/metro2003_3453 (me posing before the competition)
http://www.risingsun2.net/gallery/metro2003-costume/metro2003_3787 (me on stage)

Agreed. But the second ones look so darned cool. Actually, one of those "oversized dueling arenas" as Kaiba called them would have the MOST chance of working. More space to put in the computer system and holographic doodads (scientific term there, by the way (^.~)), and yeah.

True enough...I remember somebody was holding a contest to have a duel in one of those at one point...never heard about the outcome of the contest though. Heck; they should have at least one oversized dueling arena in like Mall of America or something...it'd be too cool...but I'd thinking about something protable...but that'd be a toy for a rich kid...*whimpers* Yeah...and your doo dads rate right up there with thingies and doo-hickies...so don't feel bad...scientific terms are a complicated thing ^_^

Dar-Dar, you ROCK. 'nuff said.

Ah shucks...I'm not all that...I'm just a lazy broke cosplayer...nothing speical...besides, I enjoy sharing my limited knowledge...

I hope you still have some time to make the duelist disk though...I shouldn't take you longer than a single evening...at least it didn't for me.... Some time soon I'll post the instructions for my versions of the duelist gloves...

TsukiGuujin
10-02-2003, 01:48 PM
>>Go to Big Lots. Or something. Are there even any Big Lots-es around anymore? (o.O)

There are two close to me. ^^

>>It's been forever since I learned what I know of Japanese

I know over two hundred words.
Too bad none of them go together. XD
I can say things like "Please take off your pants" and "Shinigami is back from Hell" and "son of a bitch" and other nice things like that. ^___^ But other than choice phrases, all I know are vocabulary. >.<

>>Kaiba DESIGNED the thing HIMESELF. He even built the first one! So why is he all surprised every time he sees a new card? He should know literally everything about Duel Monsters. Otherwise, how could he have personally designed the DuelDisks like he says he did?

Duh, those ones aren't IN the Duel Disk. (I'm just giving you a Kaiba-ish answer and being snotty. Don't take me seriously! ^^)

>>Agreed. But the second ones look so darned cool. Actually, one of those "oversized dueling arenas" as Kaiba called them would have the MOST chance of working. More space to put in the computer system and holographic doodads (scientific term there, by the way (^.~)), and yeah.

True.

>>Dar-Dar, you ROCK. 'nuff said.

WORD.

>>There was one other cloud there. Here I am as seen in RisingSun.net!

I love it!!
But you forgot to take off your glasses. ^___^

>>Some time soon I'll post the instructions for my versions of the duelist gloves...

WOO!

~~Tsuki~~

LadyoftheThread
10-02-2003, 08:40 PM
<<I thought the rumours weren't true till I saw the Shonen Jump this month. Mattel is making a duel disk system! Sadly as I looked at it, it almost matched the duel disk but the magic/trap slots were on the outside of the disk not the inside like in the shows and they mixed the drawing and discard slots on it. Sigh, well it does beat getting stressed over building a duel disk but it at least reads your lp in digital >>

HmmÖ This should be interesting to see.

<<LOL DO IT! Only you have to be wearing something really girly and glare at anyone who even looks at you, like "I'm not doing this because I WANT to or anything, so shut up." Or however Kaiba would react to something like that...>>

I think that if Kaiba somehow found himself turned into a girl and ended up in a frilly outfit, heíd try to find something not too feminine looking to wear. (Well, assuming that he couldnít immediately get revenge on whoever was responsible. *chuckle*) And it would preferably look somewhat intimidating. Iíve decided it would be easier for people to get the joke if the outfit somewhat resembled one of his normal ensembles in color. So, Iím going to wear my duster with a tank top and flared skirt, both in black stretch velvet. (And I shouldnít have to worry about wrinkles this way.:D)

Thereís supposed to be an official Yu-Gi-Oh tournament at the con on Sunday which could provide some amusing situations. (Iíve never played against a real person before though.) Maybe, Iíll pretend that the magic messed up my cards too since my deck has little resemblance to Setoís. (*flips through cards* I canít believe this! What happened to my deck?!) HmmÖ And what character should I blame the whole thing on? Suggestions? :D

<<What's Hong Kong bound? Never heard of it.>>

Itís a type of seam finish. Basically, you take a strip of bias or seam binding (I think) and sew it down on one side of the seam allowance. Then, you fold the bias over to the other side of the seam allowance and stitch it down so that the raw edges of the seam allowance are covered. Itís like what you would have along the slit edges of a cheongsam. For the duster, I stitched the first side down by machine and did the second side by hand, which meant many hours of handsewing.

<<What I REALLY wanna see is a TRUE DuelDisk system, with holographic projectors and everything. It's probably too impractical and outrageous to actually make, but it would be fun to see someone try. And it's much cooler to see someone who MADE a prop like that, instead of buying it.>>

That would be neat but I agree with the impractical part.

<<It took me a long time to notice that Duo's Endless Waltz shoes are brown, too. But I REFUSE to have shoes like that. Besides, my combat boots look more bad-ass. XD>>

*laugh* The black boots that I have would probably look better but I figure Iíll go for accuracy since I now have a pair in brown. Iím going to wear my normal black shoes for femme Kaiba though.

<<Of course I'll never find those cases!>>

If you really did want to get them for lockets, you could order them at the museumís website: www.metmuseum.org

<<That's what's always bothered me about dueldisks. Kaiba DESIGNED the thing HIMESELF. He even built the first one! So why is he all surprised every time he sees a new card? He should know literally everything about Duel Monsters. Otherwise, how could he have personally designed the DuelDisks like he says he did?>>

Yes, Iíve kind of wondered about that myself. You would think that it would make sense for him to know the cards since they had to be programmed into the Duel Disks.

CapsuleCorp
10-02-2003, 10:17 PM
There’s supposed to be an official Yu-Gi-Oh tournament at the con on Sunday which could provide some amusing situations. (I’ve never played against a real person before though.) Maybe, I’ll pretend that the magic messed up my cards too since my deck has little resemblance to Seto’s. (*flips through cards* I can’t believe this! What happened to my deck?!) Hmm… And what character should I blame the whole thing on? Suggestions? :D

Blame it on Weevil. He's a cheating little bugger. :)

I've always wanted to enter an official tournament at a con or something, but apart from my friends who borrow my decks, I haven't played real people either. I'd first want to practice against some kind fellow fans/cosplayers who won't mock me if I forget which face-down cards I've laid. :D

NeoLunaAngel
10-03-2003, 11:34 AM
About a year ago I told my boyfriend he should cosplay Kaiba from Yugi oh, cause his coloring matches Kaiba's...he had no clue what yugi oh was ^_^;;

Fast forward a coupla months and he's seen the anime subs and started playing the game, and even made up some mock cards to make things fun when we play...

Otakon roles around and he wants to go as Kaiba (Yay!!)

He designed a duel disk and we thought it looked pretty good...here is the link and sorry if this post sounds like shameless self promotion!! What do you think of the cosplay??

http://www.tidalstorm.com/gallery/otakon03/03ota21

CapsuleCorp
10-03-2003, 08:27 PM
NICE!!! *applause*

kdthompson
10-04-2003, 12:16 AM
I love it!!
But you forgot to take off your glasses. ^___^

Yeah...I ment to put in contacts that morning but I my eyes were so tired that morning from wearing contacts the other two days of the con I didn't put 'em in as well as I forgot to take them off during pictures. I ment to! *sighs* Aw well...It was my first costume contest; I had alot of fun waiting in line with Neo, Wolfwood, Legato, and other assorted characters.

Blame it on Weevil. He's a cheating little bugger.

Either Weevil or Merrik (not MALIK, mind you...he's cool) I'd say...they're both pretty...um...how should I put this...weird.

I've always wanted to enter an official tournament at a con or something, but apart from my friends who borrow my decks, I haven't played real people either. I'd first want to practice against some kind fellow fans/cosplayers who won't mock me if I forget which face-down cards I've laid.

Then we've be perfect for deuling eachother. I'd do the same thing all the time.

Otakon roles around and he wants to go as Kaiba (Yay!!) :)

Awesome! *standing ovation* One of the best Kaiba's I've seen. Your Duelist Disk v.2 is WAY better than mine ^__^;;; My best friend would make a perfect Kaiba, with is naturally blue eyes and dirty blond/brown hair. Only problem is that he isn't into cosplay. I was going to dress him up as DK Kaiba for Animazement '03, but I could fine the blue coat (plus I ran out of time on making one; originally I'd promissed to make him a coat out of blue duct tape.) But after he realized that it wasn't for a skit, he decided to bail on us...*sighs* Ah well...maybe one day...

CapsuleCorp
10-04-2003, 05:45 PM
OMG. Here's the line of insanity I just crossed - last night, after spending a couple hours dueling a friend into submission, I dreamt about Yu-Gi-Oh all night. Especially YGO cosplay! I kept dreaming about meeting up with cosplayers, photo ops, and dueling with some Pegasus cosplayer! HELP!

Maybe that's a clue I either shouldn't duel before bed, or I should get started on my blue Yugi "bondage vest" and coat for DK Yami Yugi. :)

kdthompson
10-04-2003, 06:21 PM
OMG. Here's the line of insanity I just crossed - last night, after spending a couple hours dueling a friend into submission, I dreamt about Yu-Gi-Oh all night. Especially YGO cosplay! I kept dreaming about meeting up with cosplayers, photo ops, and dueling with some Pegasus cosplayer! HELP!

*chuckles in a sinister fashion, doing the whole 'eye sparkling thing*

It's all apart of my master plan to get all of the Millieum Idems and Revive my long lost love...(and a little ruling the world on the side)*cue maniacal laughter*

Heh...I'm just kidding...I'd go with the latter clue. YGO before bed should be a good thing...

Rare Hunter888
10-04-2003, 08:26 PM
actually, on the subject of duel disks, pick up a copy of beckett YGO collector (green cover) it shows Matells awesome looking duel disk that should be out by christmas, on amazon.com it's 34.99, and it looks very realistic, it even changes position and has a light up life point display. Finalloy, a good duel disk!

kdthompson
10-05-2003, 06:27 PM
*cries* Toysrus.com is evil! They won't post pictures of it...

Kaori-chan
10-05-2003, 06:51 PM
>>There was one other cloud there. Here I am as seen in RisingSun.net!

I think I saw you there!

>>Yeah...and your doo dads rate right up there with thingies and doo-hickies...so don't feel bad...scientific terms are a complicated thing ^_^

And they just sound so much cooler when everything is either a "doodad" or a "thingy".

>>I hope you still have some time to make the duelist disk though...I shouldn't take you longer than a single evening...at least it didn't for me.... Some time soon I'll post the instructions for my versions of the duelist gloves...

I still have to make my Ping earblades... (¨.¨) I can't wait when I can take my time on costumes simply because I'm making them for no other reason than I want to.

>>I can say things like "Please take off your pants" and "Shinigami is back from Hell" and "son of a bitch" and other nice things like that. ^___^ But other than choice phrases, all I know are vocabulary. >.<

So basically you're fully armed and operational for scaring the CRAP out of the locals if you ever go to Japan.

>>Duh, those ones aren't IN the Duel Disk. (I'm just giving you a Kaiba-ish answer and being snotty. Don't take me seriously! ^^)

I wanna see him respond to that question in the series. I really do.

>>I think that if Kaiba somehow found himself turned into a girl and ended up in a frilly outfit, heíd try to find something not too feminine looking to wear. (Well, assuming that he couldnít immediately get revenge on whoever was responsible. *chuckle*) And it would preferably look somewhat intimidating. Iíve decided it would be easier for people to get the joke if the outfit somewhat resembled one of his normal ensembles in color. So, Iím going to wear my duster with a tank top and flared skirt, both in black stretch velvet. (And I shouldnít have to worry about wrinkles this way.)

*Poke* PICS *Poke poke*

>>HmmÖ And what character should I blame the whole thing on? Suggestions?

Hmm... You could just say that in order to not be cruel to all these "inferior duelists" you substituted your real deck with "nothing but pathetic cards". Just be sure to look down your nose at people when you say it.

>>Itís a type of seam finish. Basically, you take a strip of bias or seam binding (I think) and sew it down on one side of the seam allowance. Then, you fold the bias over to the other side of the seam allowance and stitch it down so that the raw edges of the seam allowance are covered. Itís like what you would have along the slit edges of a cheongsam. For the duster, I stitched the first side down by machine and did the second side by hand, which meant many hours of handsewing.

Now THAT'S dedication to quality workmanship.

>>Yes, Iíve kind of wondered about that myself. You would think that it would make sense for him to know the cards since they had to be programmed into the Duel Disks.

PLOT HOLE!

>>What do you think of the cosplay??

Wow, great cosplay! I love how even the sticky-outy thingies are there. The jacket looks like it's good quality too.

>>OMG. Here's the line of insanity I just crossed - last night, after spending a couple hours dueling a friend into submission, I dreamt about Yu-Gi-Oh all night. Especially YGO cosplay! I kept dreaming about meeting up with cosplayers, photo ops, and dueling with some Pegasus cosplayer! HELP!

LOL one time when I was really tired I kept falling asleep in Physics and dreaming about Yugioh. XD Thank goodness we weren't doing anything that day.

>>It's all apart of my master plan to get all of the Millieum Idems and Revive my long lost love...(and a little ruling the world on the side)*cue maniacal laughter*

LOL!

Anyone know which Yugioh character I should cosplay? Tall, fair, kinda hyper at cons. I'm having trouble deciding when I should make the costume, and who it should be of.

kdthompson
10-05-2003, 07:34 PM
Anyone know which Yugioh character I should cosplay? Tall, fair, kinda hyper at cons. I'm having trouble deciding when I should make the costume, and who it should be of.

Let's see...*ponders* Annji/Te'a? Or maybe Joey/Juunouchi...or Pegasus even (definately if you're taller than little old 5' 3" me). I would of said Mokuba or regular Yugi, but the tall thing doesn't exsactly work, if you're trying to perfectly match the character...

Kaori-chan
10-05-2003, 07:36 PM
Hmm. You think I could pull off a good Mai?

kdthompson
10-05-2003, 08:02 PM
I dunno...depends on either a) how busty you are, b) how willing you are for patting or c) doing neither of the above and just making a awesome costume.

Of course, I occationally go so far as to be picky about height ratios, so you do your own thing...

Kaori-chan
10-05-2003, 08:47 PM
Well I don't exactly have her figure, but with a good push-up or a little padding (or both) I should be able to at least somewhat resemble her. I'd just rather cosplay a female character, but there's just not that many to choose from in YGO.

kdthompson
10-05-2003, 10:04 PM
That's true...

Although, if I was going to cosplay a girl, from the people I've seen on the show so far, I'd probably go for Ms. Istar...but then again, I love her outfit.

Chun Li
10-06-2003, 08:21 AM
W00t Mokuba Duelist Kingdom Ver 1.0 is done! and its the most comphterable costume i have ever had. i`ll post more pics when i get a wig (Ver 1.5)

Edge
10-06-2003, 11:56 AM
well.. i promise you that i'll put my Yami Yugi's costume... here is

http://usuarios.lycos.es/cosplayelite01/Cosplay13/134-3468_IMG.JPG

more coming soon!!

ahhh.. and i foget my fox Kitsu like Seto Kaiba

http://usuarios.lycos.es/cosplayelite01/Cosplay13/134-3469_IMG.JPG
:thumbsup:

Kaori-chan
10-06-2003, 08:05 PM
That's a good costume, Edge! I like your fox too. (^.^) Oh and Dar-Dar, I love the avatar!

LadyoftheThread
10-06-2003, 08:15 PM
<<Blame it on Weevil. He's a cheating little bugger. >>

*chuckle* True but I doubt he has the magic necessary. HmmÖ Has Kaiba even met him on the show?

<<I've always wanted to enter an official tournament at a con or something, but apart from my friends who borrow my decks, I haven't played real people either. I'd first want to practice against some kind fellow fans/cosplayers who won't mock me if I forget which face-down cards I've laid. >>

From what little Iíve seen of people playing the game, it doesnít seem unusual to peek at your face down cards. I'd probably need to do it, too. :)

<<What do you think of the cosplay??>>

Very good!

<<Either Weevil or Merrik (not MALIK, mind you...he's cool) I'd say...they're both pretty...um...how should I put this...weird.>>

I was going to take your suggestion and blame Marik but it seemed pretty quiet on the con on Sunday and I never really brought it up.

<<I was going to dress him up as DK Kaiba for Animazement '03, but I could fine the blue coat (plus I ran out of time on making one; originally I'd promissed to make him a coat out of blue duct tape.) >>

A blue duct tape coat? Sounds odd but it probably would have done the gravity-defying thing perfectly.

<<*Poke* PICS *Poke poke*>>

Argh!!! Except for one of me in costume with a battle city Kaiba, none of my indoor photos from Anime Next came out. :mad: It wasnít really dark inside the hotel so I figured I wouldnít need the flash but apparently not. I lost a picture of the Yugi who won a judgeís award in the cosplay contest. (For his skit, he had a box of the Yu-Gi-Oh cereal and was eating it. Then, his wig fell off and he fell down. After he left, the emcee commented about the dangers of the cereal: ďNot only does it kill you, you also lose your hair!Ē :rofl: ) Someone has a picture of Yugi with me as a female Kaiba which should be amusing if it ever shows up online. HmmÖ Maybe, it was the puzzle which caused Kaibaís problem.

Anyway, besides the picture with the other Seto, I only have a bunch of femme Kaiba pictures that my father took outside the hotel when he came to pick me up. Iím still fussing with getting them into the computer. I'm technologically challenged and canít seem to get them a decent size without going over the limit on file size for the galleries.

<<Hmm... You could just say that in order to not be cruel to all these "inferior duelists" you substituted your real deck with "nothing but pathetic cards". Just be sure to look down your nose at people when you say it.>>

*laugh* Kaiba would probably never do that though. Plus, I do actually have a few of his cards, just not many of them. I wound up not playing since the tournament that was scheduled for Sunday morning sort of fizzled out. Very few people showed up and they ended up having a six way battle royale instead. I just watched since I thought I would be too confused only having played a video game version before. (Even the six guys playing were confused at times!)

<<Now THAT'S dedication to quality workmanship.>>

Thanks! It was the first time Iíd done that on a garment. I usually zigzagged over the edges but I wasnít completely happy with the neatness of that method. Early this year, I worked for a brief trial period in a theatrical costume shop (didnít stay because I found all the hand sewing a bit too boring) and did some of the finishing work on a few coats for the Las Vegas production of the musical ďMamma Mia.Ē I thought they were amazing in terms of neatness and they inspired me to put extra effort into my duster.

<<I'd just rather cosplay a female character, but there's just not that many to choose from in YGO.>>

HmmÖ That would narrow the list to Tea, Mai, Serenity, and Ishizu. Well, which one do you like best or relate to the most?

<<W00t Mokuba Duelist Kingdom Ver 1.0 is done! and its the most comphterable costume i have ever had. i`ll post more pics when i get a wig (Ver 1.5)>>

Hi, little brother. *chuckle* I thought the shirt was good. The colors seemed just right!

<<well.. i promise you that i'll put my Yami Yugi's costume... >>

Pretty good.

<<ahhh.. and i foget my fox Kitsu like Seto Kaiba>>

Cute! :)

Well, I was going to include my con ramblings but Iím tired so Iíll do that another time.

Kaori-chan
10-06-2003, 08:25 PM
>>HmmÖ That would narrow the list to Tea, Mai, Serenity, and Ishizu. Well, which one do you like best or relate to the most?

I'd forgotten all about Shizuka-chan! Thanks! (^.^) I'll probably end up cosplaying her because I'm really quiet in class and I could probably do the best job RPing her rather than any of the other characters. I wonder if I could go around a con sometime with bandages over my eyes. XD

>>I worked for a brief trial period in a theatrical costume shop (didnít stay because I found all the hand sewing a bit too boring) and did some of the finishing work on a few coats for the Las Vegas production of the musical ďMamma Mia.Ē

Dude, I wanna learn to sew from theatrical people! That would be SO FREAKING AWESOME. Of course, knowing my obsession with all things drama, I'd probably try to suggest different ways to design the costumes or run off to help build sets. Or all at once... ^^;

Icetigris
10-06-2003, 11:14 PM
Well, I'm starting to do my Black Magician Girl costume planning. I need to get plastic for the armour >_<. I'm debating on whether or not to do the anime version or the manga version. Pentagram or hexagram?

waynekaa
10-07-2003, 01:56 AM
>>HmmÖ That would narrow the list to Tea, Mai, Serenity, and Ishizu. Well, which one do you like best or relate to the most?

Don't forget about Rebecca!

Edge
10-07-2003, 10:52 AM
there's more pics of my costume...

http://galeon.com/animeenchile8/animeexpo/100_2601.jpg

and here with my friend

http://www.animeportal.cl/eventos/animeexpo2003/Imagen122.jpg

hell yeah! i'm cute XD

Edge
10-07-2003, 12:43 PM
here i'm singing "Fire!" of Wada Koji (Digimon Frontier Opening)

http://www.animeportal.cl/eventos/animeexpo2003/Imagen151.jpg

TsukiGuujin
10-07-2003, 02:11 PM
>> I'll probably end up cosplaying her because I'm really quiet in class and I could probably do the best job RPing her rather than any of the other characters.

All right!
I've never seen a Shizuka. ^^
I still need to make my YGO costumes.
But this year, we're doing our very best to have a SIMPLE COSTUME YEAR which means we're probably only doing GW. ^^
Of course, I might make a Kite (.Hack games) costume in my spare time, with my spare yard of red vinyl. ^___^

>>I'm debating on whether or not to do the anime version or the manga version. Pentagram or hexagram?

I vote for pentagram.

~~Tsuki~~

Chun Li
10-07-2003, 02:45 PM
Yes Pentagram

And there needs to be more dule monster cosplayers, i`ve always wanted to recreat Yugi's deck if i ever got enough people XD

"Hi, little brother. *chuckle* I thought the shirt was good. The colors seemed just right! "

Hi Seto! *chuckels also* Thanks the stripes was an old shirt of my brothers

LadyoftheThread
10-07-2003, 03:52 PM
<<I'd forgotten all about Shizuka-chan! Thanks! (^.^) I'll probably end up cosplaying her because I'm really quiet in class and I could probably do the best job RPing her rather than any of the other characters. I wonder if I could go around a con sometime with bandages over my eyes. XD>>

If you do, make sure to bring a Tristan or Duke along to be your eyes. :D

<<Dude, I wanna learn to sew from theatrical people! That would be SO FREAKING AWESOME. Of course, knowing my obsession with all things drama, I'd probably try to suggest different ways to design the costumes or run off to help build sets. Or all at once... ^^; >>

Well, I was only there a couple of days but I did pick up a few things. The costume designers send their designs to the costume shops to be executed so the designing isnít really done in the shop. Set building would be a completely different thing and Iím not sure how thatís done.

I love theatre, too. :) Iím even working on a fanfic where the YGO characters are preparing for their school musical, ďChess.Ē In addition to them rehearsing, thereís a lot of amusing behind the scenes stuff with costume and sets, too. I really should get back to it since Iíve been lazy about writing lately and have been fussing with my costume instead. I have a cute picture of Mokuba in a white knight costume to go with the story and it can been seen at: http://www.geocities.com/the_embroideress/fanart.html Also on that page is a Broadway parody with Tea.

<< Well, I'm starting to do my Black Magician Girl costume planning. I need to get plastic for the armour >_<. I'm debating on whether or not to do the anime version or the manga version. Pentagram or hexagram? >>

How does the manga version differ from the anime version? I donít really follow the manga so Iím not sure what the manga version looks like.

<<Don't forget about Rebecca!>>

Oh, I completely forgot about her when I posted yesterday!

<<there's more pics of my costume...>>

Edge, I can't seem to get the pictures at the last two links to load completely.

Okay, Iíve posted a few pictures of my Kaiba costume in my gallery. The one photo that I have of the normal version is rather dark so Iím hoping Iíll find a better picture posted somewhere. And once again, the coat came out looking more bluish than it actually is. I guess itís a costume that is best when seen in person. I sort of wonder if the people who took photos of me will wind up looking at them and asking, "What happened to Kaiba's coat?"

Well, I would say that the costume was a success. :) It did get recognized although it took a couple of seconds in some cases, probably since the outfit hasnít appeared much in the series. Like when I walked by a group of girls and then heard one of them saying, ďIs that the purple trenchcoatÖ?Ē The locket was probably the most admired part of the costume and I got lots of awws from the people who saw the picture of Mokuba inside. I guess the wig was really good since someone asked me, ďHow did you do the hair?Ē I got a bunch of photo requests and a few girls wanted hugs. I need to work on acting like Seto. Iím normally not mean enough and itís hard being IC around bubbly fangirls. I'm a much better seamstress than actress!

For the femme version on Sunday, I just wore a black velvet top and skirt with the locket and coat. (After taking the good part of an hour fussing with the wig, the necklace, etc. the day before, I really didnít want to go through all of that again so soon.) I put on purple eye shadow and aubergine lipstick and left my strange long hair down as usual. (Itís black, brown, red, or some combination of the three depending on lighting conditions. In one of my photos, it looks like itís black with a huge brown streak on one side!) The con was really quiet and I didnít see nearly as many people walking around as the day before. One girl who was leaving and walked past said, "Bye, Kaiba," which I found amusing.

TsukiGuujin
10-07-2003, 04:20 PM
I LOVE YOUR KAIBA WIG!
Share your secrets with me, so I can style my fiance's hair to look like Kaiba's to go with my Mokuba costume that doesn't exist yet. ;__;

Anyway. I really DO love it, it's fantastical.

/end pointless compliment post

~~Tsuki~~

Kaori-chan
10-07-2003, 06:59 PM
>>If you do, make sure to bring a Tristan or Duke along to be your eyes.

Yeah. I think I know a couple guys who would be willing to play the part, if only I could get them to watch the series. *wink*

XD I'm insane.

>>Well, I was only there a couple of days but I did pick up a few things. The costume designers send their designs to the costume shops to be executed so the designing isnít really done in the shop. Set building would be a completely different thing and Iím not sure how thatís done.

Obviously you don't know me that well. ^^; I always try to do everything at once. Sometimes I succeed too, which only feeds my feelings of megalomania about such things, and makes me want to try again. Then I go and complain about how busy I am. (o.O);

>> I have a cute picture of Mokuba in a white knight costume to go with the story and it can been seen at:

Cute! I like the pic of Anzu too.

>>Pentagram or hexagram?

Pentagram.

>>Oh, I completely forgot about her when I posted yesterday!

I'm still favoring Shizuka at this point. I REALLY wanna get a YGO group together. My friend said she'd watch it if it were sub, so all I need to do now is find the beginning of the series uncut and subbed. Fun. I have another friend who's gonna help me find them though so yay. I could prolly swing a few more people too....

>>Okay, Iíve posted a few pictures of my Kaiba costume in my gallery

You look great! I love the Femme Kaiba too XD

Whee. Hey, does anyone know if Shizuka wears any outfit other than that one she's wearing throughout the Battle City Finals? And obviously I mean other than the hospital PJs too, lol. Though that would be funny to walk around a con in PJs and with bandages over my eyes...

Icetigris
10-07-2003, 07:26 PM
The difference between the anime and the manga version of the Black Magician Girl is that in the anime, she has a pentagram on the front of her outfit and there are some colour differences, including more red, where in the manga, she has a hexagram on the front of her outfit and there is a lot more yellow and no red; example: her little swirly thing on her hat is yellow in the manga where it is pink in the anime.

It seems more people like the anime version, so I guess I'll consider doing that one. Also, I'm in desperate need of reference pics. Does anyone have any good ones (similar to the pic for Chun Li's avatar) or know of a site that has good pics?

Kaori-chan
10-07-2003, 07:28 PM
Absoulutely no idea. Actually I'm in need of reference pics myself, though of a different character. Your best bet would probably be to try a Google search. It seems to work for me, most of the time.