PDA

View Full Version : Please help with crossplay suggestions^_^

Hitori
07-29-2003, 01:47 AM
This-> http://images.cosplay.com/photo.php?photo=4953&exhibition=27
Is mi brother^_^ He's interested in crossplay, but we don't know who! His only beef is, he doesn't want to wear those instruments of torture known as high heels. Other than that, all's cool^_^
I'm looking for a better picture I or someone else may have. This picture makes it look as though he'd make an ugly girl. But he wouldn't really, he has a thin and rather feminine looking face when not smiling like an idiot and he's super skinny/lankey>.<
Any suggestions would be very appriciated! It'd be a bonus if I could cosplay with him, preferably crossplay(note for those who don't want to bother looking, I'm female)
Thanx^_^

Nine
07-29-2003, 02:20 AM
Tell him to crossplay whatever female character he likes.

Hitori
07-29-2003, 02:24 AM
Well he likes a lot^_^ It's really hard choosing

Rethul
07-29-2003, 09:04 AM
What are his favorite series? That'd be a nice place to start at least.

Mizuno Tenshi
07-29-2003, 11:25 PM
Heels are NOT that bad. Just try on a lot to make sure they feel and fit well. Don't skimp on shoes! Poorly fitting shoes hurt a lot, but heels themselves aren't that painful. And as far as which character... does he want to keep body hair or not, and does he want a wig or not...
So, he specifically wants to do crossplay? Any reason in particular? Knowing the reason can help suggest a better costume...

P-chan

vyrax778
07-30-2003, 12:29 AM
Tell him just to wear regular shows then. If anyone says "hey that character should be in heels" tell them to piss off.

Shoes dont matter unless the shoes are a intracect part of the costume (ie sailor moons boots and such)

Other then that cos/crossplay whoever you want.

duck
07-30-2003, 12:56 AM
I've already told him this - but Felicia!>=) Or Slave-Leia. I wasn't completely serious though.

He would indeed make a lovely woman.

Alright, seriously...Thse are just the characters that come to mind, I'm sure more would if I actually thought about it.

The rather "female" characters:

Alexiel(Angel Sanctuary)
Urd

Less blatantly female ones:

Stungun Milly (Trigun) - (I actually think he would pull this one off rather well)
Lisa Hayes (Robotech)

(random curiosity - you crossplaying may get you banned from cons - but his crossplaying...? It's probably harder to get away with.=))

Hitori
07-31-2003, 01:50 AM
He likes games, which is why I'm next to no help>.<

About heels: His feet are.. I think size 14. In mens. In mens, my feet are 9-10, and I have a *horrid* time finding girl shoes. I can't imagine finding shoes for mi brother.

Ducky: Yes, mi brother can get away with it since mi mum thinks if a guy wears a skirt, it must be joke (As opposed to if I crossplay, I must be a dyke... which is funni, considering...)

Karisu-sama
07-31-2003, 02:19 AM
Yes, there are places that make women's style shoes in sizes to fit men's sized feet. ^^ Typical clientel: drag queens (who usually want more flamboyant & high heeled) & Transexual women (who may want more everyday average styles but large enough for them.)

In the Bay Area this should be easier to find, too. ^^

Games: Game women often wear cool clothes and not all of them are skimpy ones. *thinks of Tekken Tag*

duck
07-31-2003, 02:21 AM
That IS funny.

You mentioned once you wanted to do a Luminara Unduli costume. What about a Luminara Unduli/Barriss Offee pair?

Games...I wasn't thinking in the direction of games. What does he play anyway?

Zelda!

Millenia (http://www.digitalrpg.com/games/ps2/grand2/art3.jpg) from Grandia II. I adore their character designs. I want to make some of their costumes after I play the game and learn to sew better.

Kid(Chrono Cross)...Flea(Chrono Trigger)

Blood Rayne

Jill Valentine

I think he could pull off a lot of the Final Fantasy women quite well, too(He mentioned Paine).

Okay, I'm going to stop thinking of your brother in women's clothing and go to bed. Goodnight.

Hitori
08-21-2003, 02:34 AM
Thanx for your help people. We're going to do Vincent and Yuffie of FFVII (something simple to start w/) Any advice would be *muchly* appriciated. I've never dressed a guy as a girl and I'm not particularly "girly" miself.
Oh, and someone up there asked why crossplay in particular and I forgot to answer. He just wants to see if he can pull it off, and he was greatly encourage after reading a thread here I pointed out to him that no, crossplaying/dressing does *not* neccesarily mean you're gay. (noooo, couldn't believe his *sister* had to go read it....)

Nine
08-21-2003, 02:54 AM
(random curiosity - you crossplaying may get you banned from cons - but his crossplaying...? It's probably harder to get away with.=))

How would crossplaying get one banned from a con?

Hitori
08-21-2003, 01:17 PM
Um, mi mum is against it, and the both of us still live at home. If she knew I crssplayed, she would prevent mi from going to cons.

Decibella
08-22-2003, 03:20 PM
Ah, the parental problem! How often have i had to sneak past with multiple layers of outfits to disguise my costumes... Why not change once you get to the con, in a bathroom or a hotel room?
P.S. the shoes make the outfit! you must suffer for your art!