PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon Misty Pose?

kimmi
03-13-2009, 04:56 PM
I'm not sure if this is in the right category, I'm really sorry. D:

So I'm a first time cosplayer this year for my local con and since my hair is already orange, i thought I'd keep it simple and just do Misty from Pokemon. Since my group isn't going as an actual cosplay group, (we're going to be characters from an assortment of different games. haha.) I don't think people will want to take pictures of me, but if they do I'm kind of worried about the pose I should do. It doesn't seem like Misty has a signature pose, maybe she does and I just fail at noticing, but I was just thinking about the classic anime pose of peace sign and maybe wink. Would that suffice as a proper Misty pose? Also, if she does have a signature(ish) pose, then what is it?

Thanks a bunch for your help! ^.^

edit: One more thing! haha. Well since my hair is longer than Misty's not by a lot, that would be okay right? I was also thinking of just wearing a v-neck yellow tee I have instead of buying a tank top, it's a much brighter yellow than traditional Misty. Would I be shunned or beaten up or something over that? D: Someone I know said fights happen at cons over that kind of thing, or people wearing the same costumes. So in that case I'm a little frightened to even cosplay at all.

Kazukii
03-13-2009, 07:54 PM
Well for a simple costume like Misty, it's kind of nice to see it done accurately, since her outfit is suspenders, the top, and shorts. P:

When I think of her, this pose comes up - http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r167/Childishchikorita/Icons/Pokemon/Peace.jpg

itssmisskara
03-28-2009, 09:11 AM
I agree on the pose. Even though the costume is faily easy, I had a hard time wearing suspenders, lol. All you need is denim cut offs, Old Navy has yellow tanks and you can get the red suspenders at Hot topic!

KittyCanuck
03-28-2009, 11:38 AM
Would I be shunned or beaten up or something over that? D: Someone I know said fights happen at cons over that kind of thing, or people wearing the same costumes. So in that case I'm a little frightened to even cosplay at all.

People don't get into fights about wearing a different colour yellow than the character's costume.
If anyone does bother you at a con, go talk to security and they will put a stop to it before it escalates.

☆ KEITA
03-28-2009, 07:34 PM
Well, if you get yourself a Togepi plushie or something, you can be holding it in your arms.

KittyKax
03-29-2009, 10:59 AM
Oh yeah! You can find cute Togepi plushie on ebay
http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trksid=p3907.m38.l1313&_nkw=Togepi+plush&_sacat=See-All-Categories
It would really add to ur cosplay if u had one ^_^

And I think Misty's signature pose if just that peace sign-thing she does.
http://animefan25.tripod.com/images/Pokemon/misty.gif

Krissay-face
03-29-2009, 08:55 PM
I have an old Pokemon puzzle where Misty does the peace sign with an added thumb.
So, it's like a mix between the loser sign and peace sign. O: I guess.

However, I can't find a picture of it anywhere... .___.;
Sorry.