PDA

View Full Version : Mini Megacon 2009?

Bane84
03-14-2009, 01:42 PM
I visited the Megacon website today and just noticed an announcement for this event (August 22-23). I hadn't even heard of something like this before; have any of you?

NecroticNymph
03-14-2009, 04:30 PM
I heard about it from some friends...it seems like it might be okay but Megacon is usually about the Dealer's Room so I don't know how much "mini-er" they're going to make it but unless they have some great panels to make up for it, it might not be so great =/ I think I'll go anyway.

EXsoldierSNAKE
03-15-2009, 01:29 PM
I'm curious about this too. wonder if it's worth going to

Mary Marvel
03-15-2009, 05:42 PM
I'd try and go JUST to cosplay lol

Cheebes
03-16-2009, 03:05 PM
I've been discussing this with some friends for about a week now. We're totally thinking about it, but I'm hoping to find out some more info first.

kikuyo
04-18-2009, 11:37 PM
Same here I wanna go but there is no info about it same with like prices of tickets and such.

blackflame16
05-04-2009, 04:38 PM
My friends and I are debating wether or not to go, but it's most likely a yes. We were thinking of doing some huge group and then a photoshoot. I heard that the tickets are $19 for one day and $35 for both, which isn't that bad, but that's what I heard, it'll be up on the megacon website sometime before the event. I think that it'll be worth going to, one reason is that on the 23rd is my birthday!!! Eighteen baby! Another will be that it'll be the 4th con that I will attend. Hope to see you all there!!! ^_-

Cheebes
05-05-2009, 03:43 PM
Ticket prices are up on the site now. :)

Prota-Girl
05-06-2009, 11:04 AM
Hmmm maybe I can go there and really trial run my Sabretooth costume... Looks like fun. xD Never been to a mini con before. xD

Cheebes
05-06-2009, 11:27 AM
I'm thinking it's probably still going to be pretty friggen big. :'D

blackflame16
05-08-2009, 10:10 AM
Yeah, I'm pretty sure it'll be big. I mean, for me MegaCon was HUGE, plus it was my first con so I didn't know what to expect.

Cheebes
05-13-2009, 01:43 AM
If anyone is interested, they've got a lot of new info up in the past week or so. Some guests have been announced, host hotel, and the like are all up, as are some dealers.

minxxiii
05-30-2009, 07:37 PM
If anyone would like to be my Gambit -coughcough- xD Message?

Mary Marvel
06-15-2009, 11:04 AM
My husband and I are definitely going just the Saturday b/c of work, but I may have a new costume, I'm not sure. Otherwise I'll just be Mary again lol I'm trying to sort out time wise if I can get a Zinda Blake Lady Blackhawk getup.

kikuyo
06-21-2009, 12:04 AM
Do you think they'll have a rave if it's just a mini-megacon? Never been to one and planning on goin both days. J/w :burger:

ishie-chan
06-29-2009, 07:13 PM
In the magazine-thingy that they give you during megacon it mentions a bit about mini-megacon and pretty much its an excuse to have it during the summer like AFO and JACON, but its a regular Megacon just only 2 days which is what makes it "mini".

RealitySandwich
07-15-2009, 11:21 PM
I want to go, I've always wanted to go to megacon and it's before school starts (in my county) ^^

MeIsRayne
07-16-2009, 11:48 AM
I might. None of my friends are going and I did spend alot of money on AFO so my mom might not let me. If I do go, I'll probably be Marluxia.

kikuyo
07-16-2009, 12:34 PM
I'm trying to go both days n be Wiccan from the young avengers. <.<; it won't be the best in the world cause it's the first costume I am making myself but still. ^^

ishie-chan
07-17-2009, 11:10 PM
I plan on going since it starts right before the first day of school in my county, its a great way to start the year

Un-Kun
07-18-2009, 01:40 AM
Seriously kikuyo!? Because that's so weird. I was just looking at cosplaying from YA! If your doing Wiccan I'll seriously consider it. And if you need them I have about twenty reference pictures of Wiccan's outfit (and it's magically disappearing details XD).

I might be pushing it though deadline wise...

Either way, if I did a YA cosplay I'd have two comic cosplays lined up for Megacon come March. I'm steadily evolving into a comic cosplayer XD....

kikuyo
07-19-2009, 12:42 PM
Omg that's amazing. Like I tell my friends who it is n they're just luke who? It's still a maybe though on going. I am making the costume and will deffinately have it by next megacon if not mini mega next month LOL

iHanekoma
07-19-2009, 07:16 PM
There's a high chance I'll be going. Just not sure if any of my friends will be tagging along. If I do go I might go as Mr. Hanekoma. Possibly Shuuhei, but anything can happen in a month.

Un-Kun
07-19-2009, 10:49 PM
Well, it looks as though I'm not going to be able to make it to Mini Mega, unless some sort of miracle happens. (Which happen more often than you'd think)

So now I'm focusing solely on the actual Megacon 2010, but I'm seriously considering a YA cosplay. It's so strangle considering a female cosplay for once XD. I'm going to need to get in serious shape though, but thank god their costumes at least have pants. I can not express how much of a relief that is. Now I have to decide who to shoot for (haha Hawkeye pun...ok, done now I swear...)

So it looks like I'm gonna be cosplaying Young Avengers, X-men Evolution, and Avatar. Odd combination.

If I get to Mini Mega, I most definately won't have anything new, so I'd probably be Jet or 2-D again...

Oh and kikuyo, I was going to try to talk some of my friends into the YA cosplay (I mean I have a few convinced for Evo already, so they might as well come full circle, no? :D) If nothing else I know my one friends loves the Runaways so she might be keen on that. XD Crossover much? But if you have any friends who are planning to cosplay someone, tell me, so I know what spots need filling or are already taken ^_^

kikuyo
07-19-2009, 11:38 PM
That would be amazing. Cause YA and Runaways team up alot too so that would just be epic. lol. And as of right now. None of my friends are doing any comic book cosplays, much less young avengers lol. BUt yeah we could probably set something up for megacon 2010 if you want. lol And I heard about the evo group. brotherhood ftw! lol

Un-Kun
07-20-2009, 01:05 AM
Well after looking over the YA, I think I'm gonna attempt Cassie (Unless I can get some rockin' abs by March for Hawkeye...yeah...right), because the outfit seems more practical and, well, easier.

I'll definately start recruiting then! XD Runaways and YA it is. I really want to make a Hulkling cosplay for someone, so I will DEFINATELY be on the hunt for someone to be subjected to my cosplay terrors *evil grin* No promises though.

Ha! Yes, the Brotherhood will rule the con with are uncouthed awesomeness and teenage rebellion. Villains are so much fun sometimes ^_^

kikuyo
07-20-2009, 02:07 PM
woot! Can't wait. And awesome for the Cassie thing. I just started reading the young avengers and already love Wiccan. XD Should me make a thread about it eventually so we don't take up space here? lol

Mary Marvel
07-20-2009, 08:35 PM
Alright, Lady Blackhawk is all a go... almost! Just gotta get a pilot hat! :) :)

Benihime78
07-24-2009, 05:59 PM
I might go, depending on my money and mood that weekend. I also have a feeling I might not finish all my cosplays in time for AFO, so this might just be an excuse to wear them XD

Kitsune
07-27-2009, 08:59 AM
I might go, but only for Saturday, since a lot of my friends won't be going (a lot of them are moving into their dorms/apartments and getting ready to start school. I live at home and commute, so I'm skipping a lot of that XD). If I go, I'm sure it comes as no surprise that I'll be bringing Gambit~

SunakoChan
08-02-2009, 06:16 PM
My dad got excited when I received the Mini-Megacon postcard in the mail. He loves Cordelia from Buffy and Angel. So, I'll most likely be in attendance. ^-^ As what, I have no clue.

ishie-chan
08-04-2009, 01:21 AM
I'm definitely going, but as Halibel again. I'll just have to fix my sword.

I check the website and supposedly the cosplay contest is on sunday

kikuyo
08-07-2009, 12:30 PM
Can't wait! Just bought my ticket, now to finish up the costume part XD

EDIT: Yay new pics of Wiccan costume up so far! WOOT

somethingevil
08-07-2009, 11:26 PM
I'm probably going, maybe I can get my Resident Evil HUNK costume done by then, if not then I'll be a hunter from Left 4 Dead.

Cheebes
08-13-2009, 01:19 AM
Still looking for hotel roommates. Not buying ANYTHING til then.

lostkey33
08-13-2009, 02:32 AM
ive been talking with some friends and im working so hard on my dark chii costume its the closest 1 ive got to being done and im not going as maka ill so what are they gonna have there

Braithcakes
08-14-2009, 11:33 AM
It is confirmed the rave will be from 8:30 PM to 11:30 PM.

the dealers room is pretty large, it's just not as big as megacon because it isn't megacon..it's mini megacon.

It's still pretty much the same thing though, probably with a bit less people.:toothy:

kikuyo
08-16-2009, 10:37 AM
Awesomesauce about the rave. I'm excited that its happening so soon. Anyone else? *rushes off to finish cosplay*

SunakoChan
08-16-2009, 10:55 AM
I'll be attending Sunday, possibly by myself. I won't be cosplaying for this one, but I'll definitely bring a camera along. ^-^

Mary Marvel
08-16-2009, 01:53 PM
I'm still working on getting my flight hat for my Lady Blackhawk costume. Hopefully I'll have it before Friday, so I'll be her on Saturday. I'm gonna fry alive though, this thing is very very warm!

TallSquall
08-16-2009, 03:50 PM
I am also from the DC universe for Mini-Mega and will be there Saturday. Can I put in a request for a photo or 2?

kikuyo
08-16-2009, 07:03 PM
I am also from the DC universe for Mini-Mega and will be there Saturday. Can I put in a request for a photo or 2?

I can take your picture for you! I usually look for cosplay.com cosplayers anyways. XD

Mary Marvel
08-16-2009, 08:39 PM

If we find each other, why not? :)

The auction is coming to a close soon, I hope I win it.

If I don't get the hat in time, you'll see Mary Marvel on Saturday lol

Mary Marvel
08-16-2009, 09:09 PM
Well, I did lose the hat... and I'm kinda glad b/c it was over $100. I bought another one, so I hope they get back to me about overnight shipping.

TallSquall
08-17-2009, 05:59 AM
Well, I did lose the hat... and I'm kinda glad b/c it was over $100. I bought another one, so I hope they get back to me about overnight shipping.

sorry about the hat... I hate when I lose an auction. Gratz though on the money you saved. One thing I have realized is the minor details that I obsess over for accuracy, most people don't even notice. So I am sure that even though the cheeper hat might not be exact the one you pick most people will swear is perfect.

Mary Marvel
08-17-2009, 02:10 PM
I guess, but I know it will be wrong! lol

blackflame16
08-17-2009, 04:43 PM
Gah!! Only 5 days left!! I'm so excited....

I'm not sure what day I want to cosplay what, but I can't wait to debut Kairi from Kingdom Hearts 2. Whatever I wear on Sunday I'll be holding up sign asking for free hugs for my 18th birthday. YAY!!

kikuyo
08-17-2009, 07:29 PM

I'm not sure what day I want to cosplay what, but I can't wait to debut Kairi from Kingdom Hearts 2. Whatever I wear on Sunday I'll be holding up sign asking for free hugs for my 18th birthday. YAY!!

lol omg my birthday was yesterday! thats why I'm going!

I won't be there Sunday so HAPPY EARLY BIRTHDAY!

blackflame16
08-17-2009, 07:51 PM
lol omg my birthday was yesterday! thats why I'm going!

I won't be there Sunday so HAPPY EARLY BIRTHDAY!

Thanks! Happy belated birthday to you lol. I guess you can say it's one of my birthday presents, but it's really because of my friends going to a con for the first time and I'm their ride.

Dreamlikethesun
08-17-2009, 10:43 PM
I'mmmmm goingggggg!!! WOooooooOOOOO!!! I'm sooo excited ^____^

I missed JaCon and MetroCon...T.T So I'll have to make up for those with this!! Mwaahaa

It's funny because my first con ever was Megacon of this year..so this should be a blast XD

I'm supposedly going as Gambit(for a very good friend of mine!) on Saturday and then hopefully as Misa(DeathNOte) on Sunday ^___^ YAyy!

I'm depressed I have to missed the rave...I have to work T.T ..grr..

Well, anyways...Hope to see you all there!! =D

blackflame16
08-17-2009, 11:14 PM
I finally decided that on Saturday I'm debuting Kairi. I'm even considering entering the cosplay contest... still not too sure about that though. Sunday I may do Kairi again if it goes well Saturday, if not then I'll be Death the Kid girl version.

Mary Marvel
08-18-2009, 01:44 PM
I just like to cosplay for the fun of it. I love seeing peoples' reactions and smiles.

TallSquall
08-18-2009, 04:47 PM
I am really looking forward to seeing your costume Mary. One of my favorite things going on in the cosplay world is the retro superhero movement that Watchmen kicked off.

Mary Marvel
08-18-2009, 09:19 PM
Oh I love all these older costumes b/c they're not done often. I would LOVE to dress up as 70s Supergirl. It may be my next cosplay, but I also like fairly obscure things no one would really think of, like Nightstar from Kingdom Come. Of course, I don't think I could wear her costume, but it would be good to see it done.

I don't think I know this so I'll ask: What are you cosplaying as?

TallSquall
08-18-2009, 09:33 PM
I am keeping it under wraps until the con... Any word on a place and time for a cosplay.com meetup?

JellybeanQueen
08-18-2009, 11:28 PM
I won't be able to make it on Saturday because of classes, but I'll definitely be there on Sunday.^^ Hopefully I'll be cosplaying Chiaro from Cantarella, but if that doesn't look like it's going to work out then I'll probably be Subaru from Tokyo Babylon, although there is a slim chance I might do Fai instead.

TallSquall
08-19-2009, 06:10 AM
Jellybean,

At some time in the future we should get together for a Squall & Rinoa photoshoot. Unfortunately, my current thinking is that Squall might not be making another appearance until next AFO or maybe Metrocon in Tampa...

JellybeanQueen
08-19-2009, 06:23 AM
Haha, well that would allow me time to either let my hair grow out again (I could actually pull off Squall myself with my current haircut lol) or get a wig. xD But yeah, I'd love to do a Squall and Rinoa photoshoot sometime. I've been looking for an excuse to get that costume out again. It's so comfy.^^

Mary Marvel
08-19-2009, 10:26 AM
Oh, my brother in law will be Casey Jones, and my husband will probably be wearing Kamen Rider Zeronos' belt lol

kikuyo
08-19-2009, 10:48 AM
My friend is going to be Yuna like she was at megacon this year lol so our group is gonna be Wiccan yuna and a random cat girl what a combination XD

Mary Marvel
08-20-2009, 10:17 AM
Looks like I will be Mary Marvel again and not Lady Blackhawk. The hat I bought and used my extra paypal money for was green, not black :(

Unless I can get a hat tomorrow, I won't be Lady Blackhawk on Saturday.

TallSquall
08-20-2009, 05:05 PM
Looks like I will be Mary Marvel again and not Lady Blackhawk. The hat I bought and used my extra paypal money for was green, not black :(

Unless I can get a hat tomorrow, I won't be Lady Blackhawk on Saturday.

I have had amazing luck with Design Master floral paint for painting fabrics - it even works on Under Armor and doesn't crack or get sticky and still lets the fabric work as compression fit. Might be worth a try - reply or PM me if you need more information.

Available at Michael's but usually locked up - be sure to get the stuff for silk flowers - available in flat and gloss black.

Mary Marvel
08-20-2009, 09:43 PM
I didn't want to risk painting it or dying it b/c of my wig. I didn't want anything to happen to it. So I'm going to see if I can go to a buyer of Midway Caps and hopefully they'll have a base black and gold hat. Otherwise it'll be Mary again! lol sigh~

I don't have the hat anymore anyway. I went straight to a thrift store and gave it in lol

JellybeanQueen
08-21-2009, 03:02 AM
In the interest of not rushing things and botching my costume, I think I'll be holding off on Chiaro until EXP. So I'll be going as Subaru from Tokyo Babylon on Sunday.

By the way, is anyone else going to this Anime Explosion thing tomorrow night? I'm thinking of going since they'll apparently be showing Advent Children Complete, and maybe doing a casual Aerith cosplay for kicks. lol

TallSquall
08-21-2009, 04:51 PM
Well, My plans are still to go only on Saturday. I looked at the schedule and I am going to go to the movie trailers thing at 11:00 and then if the line isn't too insane the "all things Buffy / Angel"....not holding my breath on that one...and then to the dealers room / hanging out in the halls.

Anyway, bottom line is that I will be around in the morning and into the early afternoon so if you see and recognise me give a wave, say Hi!, and take a pic.

Mary Marvel
08-21-2009, 07:56 PM
SUCCESS! I found a hat! And it was under $40! Woo! Now, it's a 7.5 and is really large, but over my wig and hair, it fits well enough :)

TallSquall
08-21-2009, 09:12 PM
Congradulations! can't wait to see you. What is your schedule for tomorrow?

Mary Marvel
08-21-2009, 10:01 PM
Should be there around open and will be walking around the dealers room the whole day. We don't do anything else.

lostkey33
08-22-2009, 02:35 AM
so is any one going sunday??? idk i got kinda busy and my costme wont be finished until this after noon so my friends and i are having a pre con party and going sunday look for us as dark chii riysuka orihime and a school girl lol if u see us tho say hi i love meeting new people at cons

lostkey33
08-22-2009, 02:40 AM

yay happy birthday find me ill give you a hug im going as dark chii on sunday ill be with orihime riysuka and a school girl and ill have a free hug sign:bigtu:

kikuyo
08-22-2009, 06:19 AM
Hey guys. I hope I'll be able to see your costumes and such and get pics of you all!. ^^ If you see someone in all black with a red scarf, then its urs truly as Wiccan. let's go onward! TO MINI-MEGACON! HUZZAH!

TallSquall
08-22-2009, 07:25 AM
I am going to totally have to mooch of other people's cameras- I just realized mine is broken!

Mary Marvel
08-22-2009, 08:33 PM
I have photos up on ave606.deviantart.com :) :)

Great seeing you, TallSquall!

TallSquall
08-22-2009, 08:49 PM
I will check them out!

Did you have your photo taken by someone from something like "fanboy.com" I got his card but seem to have lost it, and the site at that address doesn't look like it will have cosplay photos....

Mary Marvel
08-22-2009, 08:51 PM
www.projectfanboy.com :) I got my MegaCon photos from them in a thread on their forums. I don't think they have a gallery section to be honest.

TallSquall
08-22-2009, 09:20 PM
Thanks! Just posted in the thread for mini-mega

Mary Marvel
08-22-2009, 10:33 PM
http://forums.projectfanboy.com/showthread.php?t=4107 There we go :)

kikuyo
08-23-2009, 01:46 AM
http://s45.photobucket.com/albums/f79/latin_rocker/Mini-Megacon%202009/

There's my pics of us! Or in general of all day.

oh btw Tall_Squall. When you walked up to me I was like oh cool Superman knows me. Then you were like hi Wiccan. *shakes hand* Tall_Squall" I was like who's that? I thought you were Superman. XD <<;;; Yeah sorry had a blonde moment. XDDD

Or pic is in there.

Mary Marvel
08-23-2009, 05:25 AM
Yay thanks so much!

TallSquall
08-23-2009, 07:40 AM
Those are great! can I get a copy of the originals of the group shot and the one of me?

I can PM my e-mail

blackflame16
08-23-2009, 07:57 AM
Yay! I'm officaly 18 now. Happy birthday to meee~~

The best thing happened to me last night. I was coming back to the hotel, the Rosen Centre, after eating dinner. My friends and I were walking towards the elevators until.. I realized that Vic Mignogna was sitting in a seat to the right of me. I completely flipped out. So I asked if I could get a pic with him. That made my night!!

Anyhoo, back to Mini Megacon business, I'm going as Kairi half of the day and Dtk girl the other half. Look for me cause I'll have my hug me sign. ^_^

kikuyo
08-23-2009, 10:37 AM
Mary_Marvel: No Prb you were an awesome Lady Blackhawk. ^^ I don't know who the character is, but you were still awesome.

Tall_Squall: Sure.
I'll reply asap

Blackflame16: Thats awesome! Happy Birthday!.....AGAIN!!! lol You can never be told happy birthday too many times. Oh and the pic of you is in the link I posted before. Youre Kairi was amazing. And the keyblade was just like omfg. XD

Omg My day was complete yesterday. I saw all you guys' amazing cosplays, met Voltaire n Shelly Martinez. Jackie Haas liked my power rangers backpack XDDD And met Jimmy Cheung one of the creators of Young Avengers! *Squeeeeee* He asked ME for a pic with him. I was like omg ur even more amazing. Hope to see him at Megacon with the YA group. And I found a Scarlet Witch cosplayer. XD Wiccan's mom (thought to be)

TallSquall
08-23-2009, 04:41 PM
Kikuyo - thanks for the pics.

What is it about small cons and the best, most fulfilling stories. I am so happy that you had a great day - so here is mine.

This is my biggest fanboy moment I have ever had -

George Perez made a suprise appearance because his wife was doing a belly dance seminar.

He was doing sketches at the HEROS table for some kids attending the Con so I am watching and listening to his stories as he talks and his wife wants a pic with me as Conner. Of course I agree and we cut up a little, I flex, she oohs and ahhs for the camera and asks if I will hold the "end of the line" sign. Of course I agree. The last kid is done and George looks at me and goes "for you a Conner Kent - seeing as I just did the art to bring him back to life in Final Crisis - and you did make my wife swoon"

How cool is that!

http://api.photoshop.com/home_ecc6d3be20d5449fb2a894f653a46a76/adobe-px-assets/d0e3c04d4eef4f8cb5a310b5b6f3ff17

Mary Marvel
08-23-2009, 04:44 PM
That is very very cool :)

kikuyo
08-23-2009, 06:59 PM
Np. And thats awesome. *claps* Yay for meeting our creators! XDD

Dragon Gurl
08-23-2009, 07:46 PM
What is it about small cons and the best, most fulfilling stories.

QFT.

I went today with the expectation that Mini-Mega wasn't going to be as fun, mainly because it was a Sunday and I was pretty sure most of the action was going to be on Saturday. But boy was I wrong. I got the chance to try out my revamped Sakura Haruno cosplay and I had a blast~

I met some of the most amazing people I've ever had the pleasure to hang out with. I'm not sure if anyone I spoke with today is part of the site, but if you are, you're absolutely amazing, and I look forward to seeing you all at Megacon 2010. =D Blackflame16, I do remember seeing you in the hallway that we were hanging with, happy birthday!
I hope all of you had as good of a time as I did, see you next year! (:

Mary Marvel
08-23-2009, 07:59 PM
I think Mini MegaCon is a great idea b/c it helps break up the year a bit. It's also a great chance to test costumes lol Thinking of 70s Supergirl as my next one since I got the blonde wig.

Cheebes
08-24-2009, 01:25 PM
Yo! Here's someones site with some pictures!
http://www.aaapodcast.com/hostsmultimediammc.html

ANYWAY, this was my friend and I:
http://www.aaapodcast.com/IMG_0129.jpg
anyone have pictures of us laying around?

cabridges
08-24-2009, 02:20 PM
Posted my photos at http://www.flickr.com/photos/cabridges/sets/72157622115972712/ .

Help filling in the character names I didn't recognize would be greatly appreciated. And hi Mary Marvel! This year I got a shot of your Lady Blackhawk: http://www.flickr.com/photos/cabridges/3847721670/in/set-72157622115972712/

kikuyo
08-24-2009, 03:40 PM
Posted my photos at http://www.flickr.com/photos/cabridges/sets/72157622115972712/ .

Help filling in the character names I didn't recognize would be greatly appreciated. And hi Mary Marvel! This year I got a shot of your Lady Blackhawk: http://www.flickr.com/photos/cabridges/3847721670/in/set-72157622115972712/

Omg you actually took a pic of me vs Yuna. XDD wow I really need to fix Wiccan's scarf. XD thx *steals*

I lost that fight so bad. I didn't even win one round

Braithcakes
08-24-2009, 04:51 PM
if anyone has pics of my group, can you send them to me? we were the con kitties, I'm red, I was with green blue pink white and purple.

Mary Marvel
08-24-2009, 06:20 PM
And hi Mary Marvel! This year I got a shot of your Lady Blackhawk: http://www.flickr.com/photos/cabridges/3847721670/in/set-72157622115972712/

I know! I saw! Thank you so much. Your two photos of me as Mary and Zinda are some of my favourite photos of myself ever!! :) Apparently your camera loves me hehe :angel2: I owe you a chocolate bar or SOMETHING LOL hehe thanks!!

And the Casey Jones is my brother in law ;)

use2bhowlett
08-24-2009, 06:37 PM
I am kind of new and it was my first convention and it was SWEEEET!!! I cosplayed as Leon Kennedy!!! and I was hanging out with BlackFlame16 and two others! If anyone has any shots of me there leme know!! I also gathered people to Help sing Happy Birthday for BlackFlame16!

cabridges
08-24-2009, 07:12 PM
I know! I saw! Thank you so much. Your two photos of me as Mary and Zinda are some of my favourite photos of myself ever!! :) Apparently your camera loves me hehe :angel2: I owe you a chocolate bar or SOMETHING LOL hehe thanks!!

And the Casey Jones is my brother in law ;)

I took two pics of him, actually. The first was while he was waiting for someone else to snap a shot of you. Then he saw me shooting him and he laughed and got into position for a better shot. The first one turned out better :)

I'll try to pay attention to what you're going as next con and if we find each other maybe we can move out into the lobby where the light is better. One thing I didn't like about this con was the relative lack of people gathering and posing out in the hallways or outside. I kept checking, but I was there most of Saturday and there wasn't a lot going on out there.

As always, you have my permission to use those photos any way you like. If you do something cool let me know :)

Mary Marvel
08-24-2009, 07:35 PM
He'd love to see that first shot! :)

Yeh, when we got to the convention centre around 9.30, there was hardly anyone there, but I guess that's b/c it was a Mini one? lol But yeh, definitely try and meet up next time. That would be really cool :)

The photos my husband took are here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/megared/

I'm currently trying to put together a collage but it's looking a tad funny right now lol doh.

As for cosplay for next year, I'll probably do Mary Marvel on Friday and Zinda on Saturday and Sunday. I really want to get more costumes but it's just so expensive even after finding a relatively cheap place in Hong Kong that makes custom costumes lol Pair that with wigs, footwear and any alterations, it'll cost me at least 2 paychecks :(

Champuro
08-24-2009, 08:34 PM
Did anyone get any pictures of the Hiei & Yukina from Yu Yu Hakusho on Saturday? That was my loverboy and I and we'd love to see the shots people took!

Mary Marvel
08-24-2009, 09:50 PM
Huzzah!
http://ave606.deviantart.com/art/Zinda-Blake-poster-134640386

Cheebes
08-25-2009, 12:42 AM
Did anyone get any pictures of the Hiei & Yukina from Yu Yu Hakusho on Saturday? That was my loverboy and I and we'd love to see the shots people took!

There's some in this gallery!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/26839878@N00/sets/72157621990186231/

Netogrof
08-25-2009, 02:24 AM
Champuro, I took two pics of you guys on stage but they are blurry, sorry! Your cosplay was really cute. :3

Mary Marvel, wow you got a really great group picture of when I was with your group! I was the Zatanna. The pics I have on my camera made me look scary. All red eyed and pale. XD

the link to my gallery was already posted but here it is again - flickr (http://www.flickr.com/photos/26839878@N00/sets/72157621990186231/)

Kikuyo, I feel really sad. I was so distracted that I saw you but didn't get a pic. :(

Netogrof
08-25-2009, 03:44 AM
I posted before...but I guess the site ate my post.

Mary Marvel, you had great pics of the con and a good pic of the DC group. I was the Zatanna there in the one pic.

Champuro, I took a 2 pics of you. Sorry they were blurry. Cheebes posted my gallery up there already. :) my flickr (http://www.flickr.com/photos/26839878@N00/sets/72157621990186231/)

Wiccan cosplayer, I feel bad I wanted a pic of you but I got so distracted I never got one. :(

Mary Marvel
08-25-2009, 09:40 AM
Awesome! My husband, brother in law and me were so impressed with your Zatanna! It was so coool :)

death4left
08-25-2009, 10:25 AM
Did anyone snap a pic of my Tobi Cosplay? I had a Deidara plushie and a plastic mask.

kikuyo
08-25-2009, 10:27 AM
I posted before...but I guess the site ate my post.
Mary Marvel, you had great pics of the con and a good pic of the DC group. I was the Zatanna there in the one pic.

Champuro, I took a 2 pics of you. Sorry they were blurry. Cheebes posted my gallery up there already. :) my flickr (http://www.flickr.com/photos/26839878@N00/sets/72157621990186231/)

Wiccan cosplayer, I feel bad I wanted a pic of you but I got so distracted I never got one. :(

It's ok did I get a pic of you or the other zantana?

Cheebes
08-25-2009, 11:31 AM
Did anyone snap a pic of my Tobi Cosplay? I had a Deidara plushie and a plastic mask.

Were you wearing it Sunday?

death4left
08-25-2009, 02:05 PM
Were you wearing it Sunday?

Yes I was. ^^

Netogrof
08-25-2009, 03:40 PM
Mary Marvel, aw thanks. I liked your costume too. It was very well put together. I was a little bummed at first that there was another Zatanna but she was very nice and I ended up hanging out with her family for a while. XD

Kikuyo, yeah you took a pic of me although I don't remember when. :o

kikuyo
08-25-2009, 07:40 PM
Mary Marvel, aw thanks. I liked your costume too. It was very well put together. I was a little bummed at first that there was another Zatanna but she was very nice and I ended up hanging out with her family for a while. XD

Kikuyo, yeah you took a pic of me although I don't remember when. :o

http://s45.photobucket.com/albums/f79/latin_rocker/Mini-Megacon%202009/?action=view&current=SDC12269.jpg

Ok then this is you then. XD And its ok that you didn't get a pic of me. There's always megacon next year. ^^ And I'll has a HUlkling maybe.

Mary Marvel
08-25-2009, 10:45 PM

I had it made in Hong Kong ;)

Netogrof
08-26-2009, 12:40 AM
kikuyo - yeeep that one was me. I'll definitely be at megacon. I always attend. I'm trying to decided to make my Zatanna better or make a new cosplay for the next megacon.

Mary - That's cool. I've been wanting to commission someone to make a costume for me but I'm scared of quality and fittings.

Mary Marvel
08-26-2009, 09:01 AM
Well, cosplay fu (that's their website, all one word.. the board won't let me post the url) does really good quality stuff, but their measurements are all wrong. I may have given them measurements they couldn't understand, but in the end, the skirt had fit my husband lol

They're pretty cheap. Mine cost under $90, but with another $60 for alterations it worked out.

blackflame16
08-27-2009, 12:58 PM
Well, all of my pictures of the weekend are up. Check my profile out and look at them!!

Braithcakes
09-18-2009, 11:14 PM
I've gotten most of our pictures, but does anyone have any pics of the con kitty group?

(red, green, pink, white, purple, and blue.)