PDA

View Full Version : Death Note Cosplay Help Needed. :)

Vasooki
03-14-2009, 10:14 PM
Yeah. Sorry for the camel font thing going on in the title.
I'm planning on having all my friends go to comic-con as death-note.

So what would be a good way to go about L? Face wise anyway. :P Also, we are in need of a Mello, Near, and Matt.

But thats beside the point. I'm going as L, and this is my first cosplay ever. I have chest-ish length hair, and would like to not use a wig. Would gel work? I know I can get my hair to do about anything, seeing as it can fit into a swim cap. xD

By summer I plan to have shoulder-length hair too.

But I really am not sure how to go about any of this. :waaaah:

X.A.V.I
03-14-2009, 10:30 PM
I have chest-ish length hair, and would like to not use a wig. Would gel work?

Your hair is down to your chest? Or its really short?

If you have long hair, gel will easily do the trick.

Vasooki
03-14-2009, 10:35 PM
When I put my hair over my shoulder, it goes down to my chest. So longer than shoulder length.

And, that was just the kind of answer I needed. :) My parents told me all of the costume comes out of my pocket, so cost of gel< cost of wig.

blueskysunday
03-14-2009, 11:29 PM
Well, if you don't want to cut your hair, you should probably get a wig because L's hair isn't nearly that long. Since L is a very, very simple costume, the way to stand out is to mimic the fit and color of his clothing, learn his mannerisms well, and not circle your eyes with black eyeliner.

Vasooki
03-15-2009, 12:48 AM
Well, if you don't want to cut your hair, you should probably get a wig because L's hair isn't nearly that long. Since L is a very, very simple costume, the way to stand out is to mimic the fit and color of his clothing, learn his mannerisms well, and not circle your eyes with black eyeliner.

And, wig. Ebay!! *runs away*

Actually, since both of us wanted to be L, we decided to have a contest. Who acted most like him for a whole day won. ;) We even went to a movie, and I sat like him the whole time. o-o I think that should be a new exersize to tone your leg muscles.

And, yeah, L isn't a racoon. xDD

Funderful
03-15-2009, 03:46 AM
Gel; Bad idea. At least for L.
Go with a wig, preferably one specifically styled for him inside of a plain black one if
you're a newcomer. For the face, the eyes are fairly obvious; you can use a bit of eyeliner (as forementioned, a little goes a long way; don't stab a gigantic circle of darkness all around your eyes), but I'd reccomend using a black eyeshadow underneath your eyes as well for a smokier sort of look.
If I were you, I'd probably use foundation too to get your skin looking as smooth and pale as possible. Powder could possibly also help with that second part.

Also, I know his costume is simple but don't wing it. You can probably buy it all at a second hand shop, but still- use a reference and get as close to the colours and style as possible. Don't buy the first thing you see. If you have to wear shoes at the con, get a crappy, untied old pair of sneakers or something (like he wore in the University). Maybe bring some props like a big lollipop to lick at all day or a Death Note, and please, presume you're a girl, bind.

L is, to say the least, overdone. If you want to pull him off, you have to get the details right.