PDA

View Full Version : NECP - Would Anyone Be Interested?

The Oracle
03-15-2009, 04:41 PM
Well, I've been thinking of having one though I'm still getting use to it, I would like to have one close to me since I can't travel far for my pops likes to cosplay too and he's over some fifty years old!!!

Yeah, plus he had radiation done so he can't go far.

Would anyone be interested if I get permission to have it at the Lions Park in McConnellsburg, Pennsylvania?

gamergirlx
03-15-2009, 08:18 PM
The Northeast Cosplayers picnic? Considering that McConnellsburg seems really out of the way from the NE corridor, it just seems like an obscure place to get to.

The traditional NECP has been held in the same park for years now, and is really accessible for people because it's rather close to 95 and public transportation or rides. I believe we have had people come from MA to VA and moving it further west just seems like it would make it less central.

But regardless of my opinion, because the NECP being held is based on opinions from the east coast cosplayers who attend. You can always hold a local cosplayer's picnic.

The Oracle
03-15-2009, 08:31 PM
Thanks for telling me that.

Not many of us can go to locations that far away though, I can still hope.

gamergirlx
03-15-2009, 10:35 PM
Actually, I would have to say the majority of us do travel several hours to get to places for large cosplay meetups/events. It's just one of those things that goes along with the hobby.

There are still a lot of smaller meetups at local places, but many of them are arranged by the local anime clubs and cosplayers. So don't be deterred by the distance. Many cosplayers do have to wait until they are at an age or have the ability where they can transport themselves.

The Oracle
03-15-2009, 11:50 PM
I'm old enough to travel, way old enough but I have health problems and a seziure could strike at any moment, thus I don't have a drivers license and travel with my pops.

I can still hold one in town, just for local kids and adults, gotta see if anyone on here wanted to come if they were close, that's why I asked.

If someone with experiance that lives close does like to come, the better cause I will be able to learn more about cosplay and such.

Be pretty fun.

Lisama
03-16-2009, 01:27 PM
I live about an hour from McConnellsburg (I'm located in State College) so that might be a bit convenient for me than traveling farther away. With gas prices nowadays, that would be a problem for me. =\ There should be more central PA events, it gets kinda boring out here, lol.

The Oracle
03-16-2009, 02:42 PM
Awesome!

I agree, they need it more in central PA and it is boring out here, the only time you can cosplay is at home or some local kid (like me) holds a picnic in a small town.

Thanks for being interested!

Lisama, any suggestions for me for the picnic? I'm still new with the idea and will post a time and date once I find out if I need permission to use the park for a cosplay picnic.

I know I can supply some of the food, I and my pops work at a local food bank so food is good.

Oshi
03-17-2009, 03:12 PM
Dude. Wait. What? No. Stop.

You can have a cosplay picnic in Central PA all you want, but don't call it the NECP. This is my house, kid, get off my lawn.
Point of the NECP is to be around Philly, so it's central to DC and NYC as well. If you can't get to it, that's too bad, but don't try to usurp tradition and move it.

I recommend you make a new thread in the Member Events forum for a Central PA Cosplay Picnic instead of using this one.