PDA

View Full Version : who digs the electro-clash?!

flora-bot
07-29-2003, 10:39 PM
woot! woot....-_-'' i am determined to post more threads that no one replies to if this one is not replied to...muahahhaa...but seriously! you can dance to it, it's sophisticated techno rather than shitty top 40 bubble-gum techno, and it's FUN to listen to! HOORAY *puts on Ladytron's 604 album and jams* this is obviously what these guys are listening to as well-->

StereoLab
07-29-2003, 11:06 PM
My favorite Ladytron songs: evil, another breakfast with you, playgirl, and way that i found you.

I occasionally listen to Fischerspooner and The Faint, and The Sounds' "Mine For Life" has been on my playlist for awhile. Im not sure if they're considered electroclash though.

KANEDA
07-29-2003, 11:21 PM
there's some cool stuff... but Electroclash is mostly a trend though...
everyone knew it was gonna burn out fast 'cause it had no real agenda.
i mean, the public are just catching onto it and it's already done.

and it has nothing to do with techno at all really.
it's mostly influenced by electro & new wave.

intelliegent techno would be more like... IDM (which is totally boring)

flora-bot
07-29-2003, 11:29 PM
<3 Fischerspooner! of course electroclash is a fad! which is why it is strange when one finds out that certain bands one likes suddenly are put under genre titles that sound cool! i.e electro-clash! i get much amusement out of saying that phrase... electro CLASHHHHHH XD
...and my attachment does not work.....-_-'' it's supposed to be two guys bobbing their heads in unison...

I need some sleep

KANEDA
07-29-2003, 11:54 PM
well ya know... the term ELECTROCLASH was just the name of one party in NYC.. then it became the banner for this new scene/style there...

StereoLab
07-29-2003, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by KANEDA
there's some cool stuff... but Electroclash is mostly a trend though...
everyone knew it was gonna burn out fast 'cause it had no real agenda.
i mean, the public are just catching onto it and it's already done.

and it has nothing to do with techno at all really.
it's mostly influenced by electro & new wave.

intelliegent techno would be more like... IDM (which is totally boring)

Well Electroclash is just apart of the whole revival-of-the-80s trend going on right now. Now its cool to like A Flock of Seagulls or something (would've been shot dead if i said that 3 years ago) They're selling leg warmers at Urban Outfitters/Delias.com.

But i say its still way better than the Nu-Metal fad! So umm yay!