PDA

View Full Version : Katekyo Hitman Reborn pacifier

trapunto
03-22-2009, 10:35 PM
Hey guys! For Sakura-con (t-minus 18 days!) I'm cosplaying Reborn from KHR, but I can't decide on which way to make the pacifier. I would love for it to look slightly opaque or at least shiny. I have a few ideas which I'll share, but if you have a better idea then feel free to post!
There's a reference shot for ya'll:
http://img478.imageshack.us/img478/3561/rebornchamsa2.png

1. Cover a styrofoam ball with model magic or something. The problem with this is that I don't want it to look soft and cushy.

2. Go steal a ballpit ball from a McDonalds or something. But I don't want to get in trouble, haha.

3. Paper mache? It sounds really heavy though. Maybe if I covered a ballon?

Anyway, those are my thoughts. Any more ideas? (And thanks!)

Fruit-Bubbles
03-22-2009, 11:02 PM
LOL I've cosplayed as Reborn before and I'd definetly go with a plastic ball like from McDonald's because they're lighter and won't break as easily try looking for a ball like that at a thrift store

but if that doesn't work go with the styrofoam ball and air dry clay or paper clay and place thin pieces at a time and keep on smoothing after you've covered the whole thing sand it down with a nail file or XD sand paper

the thing you should think about though is the top part make sure you attach it on very carefully bring a gluegun to Sakura-con in case the ball part falls off and the handle as well!

trapunto
03-22-2009, 11:05 PM
Thanks so much! =) I'm hopefully going to go the plastic ball route, but it all depends on how I get one (lol I really would rather not get arrested for stealing a plastic ball).

Fruit-Bubbles
03-23-2009, 12:03 AM
LOOOL that would be bad hope you're cosplay goes well~