PDA

View Full Version : Bay area peeps flying to Ani-magic

KimikoChan
07-30-2003, 06:22 AM
Well, not actually flying TO the hotel ;)

Anyways, I was considering driving and then I checked southwest prices to get down there, and it's pretty cheap. Considering it would probably cost me at LEAST $60 round trip for gas plus wear 'n tear in general, I decided to jump at the chance and fly down there!

So if anyone is interested at southwest.com, my total round trip fare is only $73.00, so if you'd like to jump on that deal instead of spending the same amount on gas then do it!

It would be nice to kinda see people along the way as well, but we know that might be iffy lol. The spots are filling up quick, so check it while you can. Oh also, in order to get the good deal on BOTH days, I had to fly back on monday, so if you are willing to do that, then great! Otherwise, sunday fare is $60 ;_;.

I'm taking the 8am flight out of oakland, so if anyone will be there at that time, let me know and we can have a pre-ani-magic meet up! lol.

Those of you who got your flight a wee bit later... i'm jealous.. I am NOT a morning person O_O

Michi
07-30-2003, 08:27 AM
$60? Wow.. I'd like to do that... o.o I think Zot wants us to drive again though (like for AX).. n.n;; Oh well. :X We'll see.

K_Valentine
07-30-2003, 12:47 PM
I have to drive to AM due to the sheer amount of crap I have to take with me. And BR props are not the best things to take on a plane.

Usagi Mylene
07-30-2003, 02:06 PM
I'm flying but to burbank and then getting a car. it was 26 each way. I think the the total was hundred forty something for 2 people. The boyfriend wants to fly and then rent a car down there so I am not gonna fight it.

Kimiko, are you going to LAX? I'm taking the 7:50am from Oakland to Burbank. Maybe I'll see ya at the oakland airport!!

Skeptrix
07-30-2003, 02:47 PM
is anyone meeting up at LAX ?? i'll be flying in from hawaii, and i dont want to end up being the only person there :juggler:

RyuHayabusaDOA2
07-30-2003, 02:50 PM
hmmm..it sounds insteresting and I might do it...but I have to pay by cash or $ order since I don't have a credit card

Aoshi Shinomori
07-30-2003, 03:04 PM
yeah i have to make the long drive from norcal to socal again but this time in the desert. i remember driving there a couple of years ago and wondering where the heck it was.

videogirlc
07-30-2003, 05:57 PM
Mmm. Am tempted, but i'm most likely driving there since I won't know if i'll be going or not until a month before the con.

Eurobeat King
07-30-2003, 10:54 PM
I'll be driving down there myself late Thursday night, and it'll take me about 5-5.5 hours to get there. I can manage since it's not as long as going to Anaheim or Long Beach, and if I drive between 75-80mph, I'll be there before I know it. :) I might get a PT Cruiser for a rental car to drive in style, and hopefully my FC3S costume will fit in the back-seat. :skidude2:

I'm driving to Animagic, but certainly NOT to the Vegas Comic Con 4 weeks after Animagic. THAT one I'm flying to.. :D

Nadeshiko
07-30-2003, 11:02 PM
Depending when I'll be in the area. I might be due back in SoCal that week for visits....and I'll just drive up to Lancaster.

However, most likely, I'll be going with k_valentine. Will trying to schedule the appointment later in October...hopefully.

KimikoChan
07-31-2003, 01:00 AM
Usagi Mylene: Yes I am going to LAX, we'll probably be there around the same time:) Do you know what times the shuttles pick up? Maybe we'll be on the same one ^^ Oh nevermind, lol i just noticed you said you were flying to Burbank :D. I was considering doing that too, but I'd rather take the shuttle than have to get a car, which is why I am flying to begin with lol

K_Valentine: I know what you mean X_x, I have a ton of stuff to bring, I remember all the stuff I brought to fanime, and it will be double this time around. I'll have to bring my humungo single suitcase that 2 people can fit in (it seems), or bring 2 regular sized suitcases plus 2 carry ones O_o. It would be nice to have my car, but I kinda wanted to get there early, and Friday is the earliest I could go.

Skeptrix: What time are you flying in? I'll be flying to LAX and then taking the shuttle to the hotel. I believe I'll be in around 930am or so, and then waiting around depending on when the shuttle arrives (really needs to call the hotel to find out the shuttle times). Since you are coming from Hawaii though, I doubt you'd be there that early O_O

Ryu: do you have a checking account? You can probably do it by check or something if you call it in.

Eurobeat: aww come on, you don't want to drive to Vegas?? lol It's only what, 9 hours? :P

Usagi Mylene
07-31-2003, 02:41 AM
Ryu, I paid for my New York tickets with a check. They give you a address and you mail it off. Not sure about MO tho' I think they told my friend no but then again it was for 3 tickets at 600 total.

Kimko, it's cheaper to fly to burbank 26 bucks. How much is it o LAX? 30 each way? But we need to rent a car anyways. Somehow, my job gave me a four day weekend so I'm going to either Disneyland or Six Flags after the con. *jumps for joy*

Cosplaying and then Disneyland (Six Flags)!!! Can't get any better then this.....

Skeptrix
07-31-2003, 06:15 AM
Originally posted by KimikoChan
Skeptrix: What time are you flying in? I'll be flying to LAX and then taking the shuttle to the hotel. I believe I'll be in around 930am or so, and then waiting around depending on when the shuttle arrives (really needs to call the hotel to find out the shuttle times). Since you are coming from Hawaii though, I doubt you'd be there that early O_O

yeah i know.. 9:30 am.. so that means if i meet up with you i'd have to plan a flight that leaves around 3-4 am =l

i'll IM you if anything though.

Raider3
07-31-2003, 07:34 AM
I'll be driving down and back up. No problem! (Well, except for how much stuff I'll be bringing with me...)

RyuHayabusaDOA2
07-31-2003, 02:18 PM
I'd rather drive now, and I was going to ask Kimiko if I could get a ride with her, but since she's flying now, and I don't think I can afford the plane tickets, anyone would like to give me a lift? and Kimiko, I don't have a checking account and that's a long story ;_;

Usagi: Oh I see.

Karisu-sama
08-01-2003, 03:29 AM
Loads of crap plus a whole family = we're driving down. It's not THAT bad, esp. with a DVD player in the van... ^^

ChibiHiku
08-06-2003, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by Karisu-sama
Loads of crap plus a whole family = we're driving down. It's not THAT bad, esp. with a DVD player in the van... ^^

Yay! DVD Player in the van! ^_^ Those are always good for roadtrips down!... too bad the car that HAS the dvd player... ;_; isn't mine...

Medic
08-14-2003, 10:05 PM
I am so driving down there, I just was able to fix my cigarette lighter so I able to use my laptop on the way down there (to bad ill be driving the vehicle and wont to get to watch any of the movies) Any way I would offer someone a ride but I not sure if my friend is going and how much crap she going to take, last time is was only half a set another time I didnít have a back set at all, so I kind of in the dark and wont be able to offer a ride to anyone until she finish packing and loading up the in my back seat, If I can take someone they would have to pack light and not take that much room up, also they would have to be staying for the whole three day, pulse one extra day cuz I leaving for it on the 2nd of October

ChibiHiku
08-14-2003, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by Medic
I am so driving down there, I just was able to fix my cigarette lighter so I able to use my laptop on the way down there

You have a laptop adaptor for your car??? ^_^ How much and where did you get it?!

Medic
08-15-2003, 08:35 AM
I have a DC convrter for the car. I bought it a Radio Shack for about $65

ChibiHiku
08-15-2003, 11:51 AM
I have a DC convrter for the car. I bought it a Radio Shack for about $65

^_^ Oh!!! Awesome! I think I'll look into getting one!

RyuHayabusaDOA2
08-15-2003, 05:44 PM
Medic: PM me if it's possible to ride with you this time and I won't be so critical of your driving this time around :D

cactusmomma
08-15-2003, 07:54 PM
oh wow o.o i can fly for as much as it would take for greyhound o.o but..i'd have to talk to a doctor first ^^;;;;

ergh..i might as well just go to yaoi-con instead. it's closer ~_~ and i could get a ride there ._.

Medic
08-16-2003, 08:37 PM
LOL Oh sorry about my driving,

Yeah I keep you posted RyuhayabusaDOA2 it just I not sure what she going to take with her and already just with my stuff I fill 1/3 of the back seat. I get back to you about it. Unforchanitly I will not know how much space will be left until she finish her costume. So my best advice just in case she pack everything at the last moment if anyone else offers you a ride take it cuz like I said I really not sure at this point

RyuHayabusaDOA2
08-22-2003, 11:33 PM
Oh ok Medic. I got you :D no problem man