PDA

View Full Version : Naruto Costumes

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

Fake_Mike
07-30-2003, 08:59 PM
I want to cosplay as Inuzuki Kiba and Akamaru, but my problem is where do u get a stuffed dog that looks like that?:confused:

rainbowflavored
07-30-2003, 11:38 PM
you could make it... using fabric and stuffing it with cotton. it wouldn't be that hard to sew. besides, if you dress as kiba and you've got something like a beanie baby dog on your shoulder, even if it doesn't look like akamaru, naruto fans will know who you are.

Fake_Mike
07-31-2003, 12:49 AM
i not really sure who to be yet though, i could be Zabuza, Kiba, one of the sound ninja guys, so many kool characters hard too really chose one.

Fake_Mike
07-31-2003, 01:22 PM
Could a person get arrested for bring a real Kunai to a Convention?? And any one know where i could find a Leaf Forehead pretector?, cause i've seen some that people make on there own and it just doesn't look the same.

-Nayami-
07-31-2003, 02:42 PM
Fake_Mike, I think you could be arrested because you are bringing a weapon into the thing. You know, something might go wrong and you, or others, could get hurt.

Also, if you have the right materials, it is possible to do a very "realistic" forehead protector. I'm going to make my groups, and since my dad is the co-manager of a tool and dye company, it will turn out nicely. I just don't want to shell out all of that money.

Fake_Mike
07-31-2003, 03:08 PM
yah, i get that but i was just wondering. I'm still not sure who i'm goin to cosplay yet. it kinda bites that i don't got a team but there is nothing wrong with that but it would be cool. I can't find any episodes of Naruto after 42, if anyone know where to get them, do tell.

Kohana
07-31-2003, 04:14 PM
I get all mine off of Kazaa... What team are u planining to go as?... b/c I have no team I'm making a Kabuto cosplay (he's sooo cool)

Fake_Mike
07-31-2003, 04:32 PM
I'm not 100% sure yet, but i'm thinking of Inuzuki Kiba and Akamaru, but i would be really cool to go as Gaara of the dersert. what episodes do u have?

Okitasan
07-31-2003, 06:35 PM
most cons ban real weapons...
just make the kunai.. thats what i did for my sasuke costume.

trabus
07-31-2003, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by Fake_Mike
I can't find any episodes of Naruto after 42, if anyone know where to get them, do tell.
Thats probably because 43 just came out yesterday in Japan. Give the fansubbers a couple days time to do the subtitling before you get all impatient, otherwise you end up sounding like a disrespectful little leech. :P

Fake_Mike
07-31-2003, 07:34 PM
I didn't know that. Dude u went all out with ur costume. Wicked job man, and the eyes just topped it off. I aplaud you. i can only hope that i do as good a job on my costume. And y am i the only one come up wit thing to talk about?

trabus
07-31-2003, 09:01 PM
Thanks, sorry I got on you about that, but the main reason one of the groups that fansubs Naruto (the better of the two in my opinion) has pretty much stopped doing it, is due to all the impatient kids asking when the next episode was coming out.

Fake_Mike
08-01-2003, 02:48 PM
Any one know any web site where i could get some Shaman King and/or naruto desktop wallpaper, and/or good animated gifs.?

rainbowflavored
08-01-2003, 04:27 PM
good naruto animated gifs:

http://junta00.free.fr/downloadgifs.htm This site has a lot of them. It's in french but it's pretty easy to navigate.

and how do you guys make your kunai? i only need one since i'm going as sakura but i only have a week till Otakon, and i need a quick way to make one...

dmdflarekojima
08-01-2003, 04:55 PM
As for the forehead protector... Anime Jungle used to carry them not sure if they have any left.

BTW- I have every ep of Naruto so if you need one, just om me.

Fake_Mike
08-01-2003, 05:28 PM
Um, Anime Jungle.... where is that cause i've never heard of it. And how can u have every episode of naruto, r they subtitled?

vyrax778
08-01-2003, 05:47 PM
http://www.animejungle.net/us/goods.php?action=search&type=inv&cat=5&keyword=

there out of stock now but should get some more in soon.

they way over priced on ebay ie 40+ but only 20 on anime jungle.

Fake_Mike
08-01-2003, 05:51 PM
Oh, i'm looking for store in Toronto, that i could go to. But thanks Anyways^_^!

Fake_Mike
08-02-2003, 12:47 AM
Anyone know how to work this [img] thing cause it's just not working for me?

Fake_Mike
08-02-2003, 03:22 PM
Anyone know?

Mr. Big
08-16-2003, 03:10 PM
i know waer you cane get forehead protectors.

Catpaw
08-16-2003, 03:13 PM
Mike - link

Sasuke & Kakashi for me to do... I luv ninjas...

Fake_Mike
08-17-2003, 12:19 AM
Why is everyone about the main characters, there are others, like Hinata she is really cool and, one of my fav's Kiba and Akamaru and much more.

UchihaGirl
10-03-2003, 01:21 PM
I'm not about the main characters....I love Temari..she's my favorite and my current cosplay...I even found a huge ass fan...my other Naruto cosplay is Tenten, who was only in the manga for like ten seconds.....baka manga...and though it's not really Naruto, my other favorite cosplay is Kikyou. I wanna work on Kin's costume (the female Sound-nin) or maybe and Ino one....I could probably pull off Haku but that's what my best friend is doing, along with a female Ranma.

Fake_Mike
10-03-2003, 06:13 PM
yay, i'm so lucky. My bro was kind enough to buy me a leaf forehead protector. Yat Sah ^_^ But i still gotta worri about akamaru

Kohana
10-03-2003, 10:37 PM
I'm planning on cosplaying as Kabuto.. he's just so cool ^_^... but the problem is i can't really find any good reference pics of him.... help... somebody.. anybody??

ServerKiller
10-05-2003, 11:04 AM
Itachi, most likely a jaoanese person, they do it well over there :)

Daala
10-05-2003, 08:53 PM
Now that I finished my Iruka vest, I can work on the sound village vest. I've also done Hinata's jacket for my cousin. ^_^

But who I really wanna do is Jiraiya, I just haven't seen a full color image of him.... argh!

kerochan
10-06-2003, 11:37 AM
That vest is sick! I can't believe you made it! Remember you said "OH I could never cosplay as anything from Naruto!" Well, now you did!
I finished my snorlax's headband and am currently working on the vest!LOL He is comming with me to Katsucon!
I still think DC wants to cosplay as Kakashi though, but he needs to buy some more green fabric for the vest.

DigitalCactus
10-06-2003, 12:58 PM
well I'm not sure yet If I'm gonna go as Kakashi or just a random ninja.. but if I cant get my hands on an official head protector then I may end up stenciling the emblem on and making one out of aluminum flashing.. the kind you get at *shrug* Home Depot. wow I guess working there does have its advantages... hah. oh the joy!

ACXchan
10-06-2003, 08:50 PM
I'm going to be bringing carbon steel kunais, I doubt anyone's going to care at AX ^ ^;; It really all depends on who you show the weapons to and who checks them out. I know people who got *plastic* weapons safety-tied and yet another cosplayer brought a live blade hidden in a bamboo sheath and I myself brought an unloaded BB gun with no orange tip. So I guess it depends on how much you want to risk it then ^ ^;;?

I'm going to be doing an anbu Kakashi and Iruka pair. I'm trying to figure out if AX will let me bring my dog to the con cause then I can put a leaf protector around his neck and he can represent Kakashi's dog jitsu XD

Brunhilde
10-06-2003, 11:16 PM
Could a person get arrested for bring a real Kunai to a Convention?? And any one know where i could find a Leaf Forehead pretector?, cause i've seen some that people make on there own and it just doesn't look the same.

Hey I got a lot of compliments on my homemade one! People even asked me how much it was a where I bought it from.

You can get them on ebay, but they are pricey..

Sasuke-kun
10-07-2003, 12:10 AM
I really want to be Sasuke... and it's my first cosplay costume... and my first con... can anyone help me?

Famira Damaris
10-07-2003, 01:57 AM
Urk...I wanna do Iruka and/or Kiba for AX...but...not sure which. I'm thinking Kiba because it might be more simple. oO

Eleryth
10-07-2003, 04:27 AM
If you want a store in Toronto that sells head protectors, go to Kikiwai in the asian mall. They have a webpage, too. www.kikiwai.com

I would love to see anbu kakashi done well... *daydreams*

My personal Naruto chara goal (that won't get done for another 2 years): Kurenai. Too bad I have her hair now (growing my hair out) and won't have her hair later. It's a jounin group thing among friends back home.

Brunhilde
10-07-2003, 08:49 AM
Kurenai would be awesome, but I can't get my mind around trying to work out that dress...

It would look impressive when done right though.

Oshi
10-07-2003, 10:10 AM
*blink* I've done... Yondaime/4th Hokage (http://www.cosplaylab.com/cosplayers/costumes/details.asp?costumeid=33258), Kabuto (http://www.cosplaylab.com/cosplayers/costumes/details.asp?costumeid=34293), and Gekkou Hayate (http://www.cosplaylab.com/cosplayers/costumes/details.asp?costumeid=33043)... yeah
Most of my costumes are purchased unfortunately. The vest, head protector, gloves, pouch... Which is why I made 4thHokage my main costume, cuz on top of the bought stuff, I have the homemade coat. And Kabuto is mosty made too, heh. Future costumes I'm working on/gonna do are Kamizuki Izumo (one of the Chuunin Examiners in the first exam), and possibly Orochimaru's Instructor outfit... Definately wanna make my own vest and homemade metal headband. I can just use some aluminum sheeting and etch the music note with my Dremel. Speaking of which, has anybody seen a clear shot of the back of his vest yet? X_x; he like, always has his back to a pole or something.

Oh... and BUY YOUR STUFF OFF EBAY. It's the cheapest way. I reccommend the sellers totorojapan and naussica.

Daala
10-07-2003, 10:30 AM
that is so cool Oshi! your Yondaime looks great ^_^.
I'm having a hard time finding a clear shot of the sound village vest, but I was going to check the manga.

*edit* Maybe it's just me or is this a blooper? >>

- chekc out the vest looks like >>>
http://groups.msn.com/NarutoManga/narutochapter66.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=1362

http://groups.msn.com/NarutoManga/narutochapter68.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=1397

anywho, I'll have to keep looking there is somthing on the back. But if anyone wants to do a Sand or Mist village vest they are plain in the back.

ACXchan
10-07-2003, 02:46 PM
Eleryth: I would love to see anbu kakashi done well... *daydreams*

So would I, that's why I'm going to make sure my friend pulls off the greatest Kakashi he can XD! I'm going to be making the masks too since I can't find nice looking Japanese animal masks that don't cost $100 x__x Painting them myself sounds like a fun project anyway.

On the forehead protectors, the sellers that used to sell them cheap on eBay started jacking up their prices once they knew people were willing to pay $60 + $15 for S/H so watchout for that.

I'd *really* like to see a Rock Lee, Gai, and a Turtle Boss trio @D@;;

TyJILDown
10-07-2003, 06:32 PM
I have so far made a Sakura costume for myself, a Sasuke costume for my boyfriend, as well as helping him put together his Kakashi. Pictures are in my gallery.

I'll soon have my Kin of the Sound Ninja team done and my boyfriend's Zabuza ^^;;

Okitasan
10-07-2003, 07:18 PM
Yo oshi I'm loving your 4th hokage costume. very awesome

Oshi
10-08-2003, 02:10 PM
THanks ^^;; hehe.

But, wow, in the Manga... the Sound vest looks like it has the Konoha spiral too... odd...

Daala
10-08-2003, 09:02 PM
Yeah that's why I asked if it was a joke.... Funny huh? "keep searching you'll find it" ~History of the world part1~

xrj
10-08-2003, 09:04 PM
i should have my Itachi costume for Anime Reactor (Chicago, Oct. 24-26) and i'll probably wear for halloween too. couldn't control the spending sooo i bought the sharingan contacts.

also ordered a head protector from http://www.toysnjoys.com
i gotta make this deep cut into it...gahh. oh well, at least it's just the Bandai one and not the expensive Movic one.

Golgo M.
10-09-2003, 09:03 AM
i gotta make this deep cut into it...gahh. oh well, at least it's just the Bandai one and not the expensive Movic one.

Is a cut into your headband really that necessary? I know that would make it authentic, but I'd hate to mar my headband. Perhaps something like trimmed black tape would be good use if the headband has a really pronounced leaf mark.

As for the future of my costumes from Naruto, I'm pretty much done with Jounin costumes, although I'd like to grow my beard out enough for one last Asuma cosplay. The idea of cosplaying as Jiraiya's passed my mind. Hmm...maybe even Kisame's (the shark-like partner to Itachi) doable.

ACXchan
10-09-2003, 09:13 PM
The movic protector isn't *supposed* to be expensive though. People on eBay just seriously jack the price up because they think anime fans are stupid. Unfortunately there *are* people willing to shell out $60 for one which makes life sad for the rest of us. I got lucky when I found my movic protector, the buy it now price was $30 and shipping was only $8. It arrived in perfect condition too ^ ^

As for cracking the protector shield... I second Golgo's suggestion of just putting tape on it... Cutting it would be a hard job too because you'd need to cut the metal without cutting the actual fabric. It just seems risky >_o

xrj
10-09-2003, 11:06 PM
hmm...i'll try the tape or some black vinyl stuff.

now that i think of it, i can't use a saw or anything to cut the metal. i'd have to chisel the mark into it...which would take forever and quite risky. and it would probably look pretty ugly.

naruto89
10-19-2003, 03:41 PM
lol. i wanna go as Rock Lee, but i REALLY want to go as Naruto, but i dont know how to make his costume. If anyone can tell me how to make it, please give me an email or AIM me.

naruto89
10-19-2003, 03:47 PM
Any one know any web site where i could get some Shaman King and/or naruto desktop wallpaper, and/or good animated gifs.?

Go to www.Animewallpapers.com :bigtu:

naruto89
10-19-2003, 03:54 PM
I want to make a Naruto costume. Do i buy a orange jumpsuit and sew on some blue parts or do i buy a orange jacket and orange pants of same material and just sew them together?

i dunno... someone pelase help me!

allyunion
01-25-2004, 12:03 AM
I'm planning on cosplaying as Kabuto.. he's just so cool ^_^... but the problem is i can't really find any good reference pics of him.... help... somebody.. anybody??

Kabuto Screen Shots:

Tevina
01-26-2004, 08:13 PM
I managed to get my Kurenai costume down and I think it looks pretty good, my friends were impressed but maybe they were just being nice, lol. It's about 80% done, just gotta sew some stuff here and there and add the extra black designs on her "dress" thing. When I first started, it drove me nuts! The cloth kept on ruffling up when I wrapped it and I wanted to trash it all. But then I thought about it and went around and it turned out pretty well. I'll be sure to add some pics when its fully finished. :chatah:

Tevina
01-26-2004, 08:17 PM
oh yeah and here are some links where you can find good Naruto screen shots.

http://narutopix.littlecooldude.com/ (this one has ALOT of pics but rarely any full body shots)

http://gaara.net (This one has really good quality pics; I found most of my Kurenai pics that i needed here).

Believe it or not, I actually spent $40 to buy one of those official headbands. Crazy?? I know, lol.

Golgo M.
01-27-2004, 12:56 PM
Believe it or not, I actually spent $40 to buy one of those official headbands. Crazy?? I know, lol.

Not really. The great thing about the headbands is their durability; you get a Leaf Village band, and that's useful for really any Leaf ninja. I bought one for my Kakashi costume and have used it several times.

Tevina
01-27-2004, 10:33 PM
Yeah, i would have to admit that it looks pretty darn cool. But it's waay too big for my lil forehead! lol

Sammie_San
01-28-2004, 08:19 AM
Hmm ok anyone have Ideas about shoes ^^ Perferably Sakura's shoes . . . I have somewhat of an Idea that I might try but anyone have suggestions. . ^^

allyunion
01-29-2004, 06:17 AM
Um... Buy a pair of cheap boots, dye it blue, cut it open with an exact-o knife? ^^;;;

Catboi Blues
01-29-2004, 09:45 AM
My advice is to cut them first. If you want to have a clean, straight cut then I would advise getting aset of those break-away retractable blades as you can get a set of them for a dollar most of the time and they actually work quite well. Just make a mark where you want to cut them and then go from there. Spray painting them is a good idea, but you don't want to do that right off the bat. Since you'll have an extra section of boot laying around after the cut, test it on that. My recommendation is to actually give them a nice coat of shoe polish(white might work better than the black actually) and polish them like normal. Use a hair dryer to have it sit in better then you can use the spraypaint. Don't forget to get the flap or it will look a little strange later on. Its best if you give it at least two coats of the spraypaint and if you want to add in the details you can use a fine paint marker. Once you feel that its good and done, you should look into giving it a good protective coat. A clear acrylic sealer is easiest to use as it also comes in spray form and I've used it on some projects before. If you are feeling a little on the adventurous side then I recommend using parade gloss over the boots just like how you applied the shoepolish. I know that what I've recommended is a elaborate, but the end result is worth the effort in my opinion.

Sammie_San
01-29-2004, 03:07 PM
^^ Ok Thanks a lot.

Tevina
01-30-2004, 12:54 AM
what I did for my Kurenai shoes is just buy a pair of sandals, the kind that got that covering at the top, bought matching black socks and just cut the top of the socks and the heel. Works well for me. :square:

Okitasan
02-27-2004, 07:23 PM
same here, you cant really tell the difference in pictures

blackvar
03-09-2004, 06:59 PM
Hey, I was wondering, what material would you guys recommend for a Jounin vest, I am thinking a canvas type material would do. But then again, I also need to figure out a pattern, unless one of you guys have one lying around...*wink wink* Well, at least I own a sewing machine, that will make it a lot easier than doing it by hand

kerochan
03-09-2004, 07:27 PM
try finding any vest pattern. You are going to have to make your own template that goes on top of the regular vest pattern for the top part though.... you could also use a heavy cotton or twill as well and that should work out well!
Good luck on your vest!

blackvar
03-10-2004, 05:57 PM
Thanks a bunch, now I just have to either find a free template or go to the local fabric store....ugh...work

Kurai Kaze
03-17-2004, 09:24 PM
lol. i wanna go as Rock Lee, but i REALLY want to go as Naruto, but i dont know how to make his costume. If anyone can tell me how to make it, please give me an email or AIM me.
I'm using simplicity and McCall's patterns with Orange and Blue fleece, moderatly modified with Alot of applicae(sp?) For the various patterns and the blue on the shoulders, along with the strip of orange along either side of the zipper. The thing that most people forget on their Naruto costume is that the collar is actually twice as tall as it appears and it actually folds down to create the collar you see. That's why you see the zipper hanging off the bottom of the coller stead of way at the top. I'm using hemp rope and sculpy for the thingy on his arm, and for that spiral patch I'm using an applicae of white fleece with silver cord wrapped in a spiral around it.
The only problem I'm having is figuring out how to dye the boots. I have a cheep as free pair of gollashes I plan on butchering for the boots, but I'm still luke warm on it.
Also, question for all those who have attempted the costume: Do you think his collar really is sheepskin? I mean, that's how everyone does it and that's even what's on my plushie's collar but it looks for the life of me like he has a simple white quilted collar! I can't figure it out!

4z]\[ _ 13oI
03-17-2004, 09:59 PM
WOW u guys are all like pros!!!
well im tryin to make an anbu costume, and i got no clue where to start, except for the mask, which is paper mache and there for easy, but the rest of the stuf. . . man im outa my league HELP!!!

Chiizu-chan
03-21-2004, 10:57 AM
i should have my Itachi costume for Anime Reactor (Chicago, Oct. 24-26) and i'll probably wear for halloween too. couldn't control the spending sooo i bought the sharingan contacts.

You have Sharingan-contact lenses? Where did you have buy them? From there --> http://9mmsfx.com/main.html ? Or somewhere else? I have planned to buy Sharingan from there but I have had some problems..

akarui248
03-22-2004, 05:37 PM
im currently reading the manga and i want to make tsunade costume, cuz her personality is like me short tempered x],but i dont know what colors to use really cuz she didnt come out in the anime x] should i just pick my own??

KakashisAngel
03-22-2004, 08:08 PM
ello im looking for someone to make a kakashi costume for me.......if you can please let me know......

Darkaura
03-22-2004, 10:00 PM
hey i found a site where there are about...50 pics of cosplayers of naruto(not the character). I thought maybe you guys should check it out and see what costumes you want.
(Oh most of the best cosplayers are girls)
http://ino.sayuri.us/cos/

Oh i also want to find others itachi cosplayer. I'm having a hard time finding them, if any of you find any cosplayer that cosplay itachi please tell me. ^.^

KakashisAngel
03-23-2004, 12:01 AM
wow i still want to cosplay as kakashi-kun*grinz*

4z]\[ _ 13oI
03-23-2004, 10:50 AM
geezze. . . ive made two attempts so far as the armour of the ANBU soldiers. but they both came out like crap >=P
i tried using cardboard, then covering it in a thin layer of plaster, but that cracked too easily, and now im out of ideas, HELP!!!!
-Lu]{3 0u7-

HuongStar
03-23-2004, 11:42 AM
im currently reading the manga and i want to make tsunade costume, cuz her personality is like me short tempered x],but i dont know what colors to use really cuz she didnt come out in the anime x] should i just pick my own??

I believe two of the last three tankubon releases have Tsunade on the cover.

Golgo M.
03-23-2004, 02:01 PM
hey i found a site where there are about...50 pics of cosplayers of naruto(not the character). I thought maybe you guys should check it out and see what costumes you want.
(Oh most of the best cosplayers are girls)
http://ino.sayuri.us/cos/

I recognized a few of those cosplayers, especially the Hinata and Neji cosplayers who lived in my area in Tohoku. Good to see they are recognized as talented.

I am NOT happy with the fact this person has used one of the pictures I took without my permission, though.

Darkaura
03-23-2004, 06:01 PM
I'm trying to make an naruto head band for a friend in her birthday. My friend likes handmade work. I don't want to glue or tape the metal to a fabric. Tape and glue wrecks the fabric. I need help or time is slipping from my grasp.

Kurai Kaze
03-23-2004, 08:27 PM
Screws. There are three on either side of the metal. So long as you can procure a stiff metal and either get it painted or carved or both, attaching it is simple. You need a stiff piece of cardboard or lether the same shape and size as the metal piece, then (with holes cut through the cloth where it will go) put the screws/bolts through and secure them in the hard material. Use bolts to put 'em in place and maybe a little Contact cement. Clip the screws off at the nut and pad 'em.

Saga
03-23-2004, 11:53 PM
Hi there! :wave:

Well, about naruto´s cosplay, I have done Shikamaru and I am thinking on doing Hokage Shodaime (First Hokage) or Iruka Sensei...

Here some pics (mine and my friends):
http://images.cosplay.com/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=8213

Bye´s! :wave:

KakashisAngel
03-25-2004, 03:06 AM
yay im getting my kakashi costume made*beams*now to find sasuke's and gaara's costumes*grinz*anyone know a place to find them?

Daala
03-25-2004, 07:59 AM
OH!! I so wanna do one of the two legendary brothers, first time I saw them in the manga I wanted to do their cosplay. But I have Jiraiya first on my list.

Kurai Kaze
03-25-2004, 09:42 AM
I thought there were three legendary brothers (Sennin?)

Daala
03-25-2004, 11:01 AM
Oh no, I'm talking about the founders of the Leaf clan.

http://narutopix.littlecooldude.com/Groups/Groups-0702.jpg

Saga
03-26-2004, 01:38 AM
Cool!

I will do the First Hokage! ^^

After doing the Chuunin Jacket to Shikamaru and Iruka Sensei´s cosplay... :jjacks:

Daala
03-26-2004, 08:20 AM
I did Iruka for katsucon, and I plan to do him again for Otakon. I just have to work out the white hair thing for Jairaiya and the rest is easy, katsucon 05.

Kurai Kaze
03-26-2004, 01:45 PM
I've seen "wigs" made for Jiraiya using white fur.... It didn't look so well in my opinion.
Thanks for the correction, Daala. ^^ I'm only up to episode 65.

HuongStar
03-26-2004, 03:38 PM
I've seen "wigs" made for Jiraiya using white fur.... It didn't look so well in my opinion.

Thanks for the correction, Daala. ^^ I'm only up to episode 65.

Yeah, I have yet to see a Jiraiya with properly done hair (or whatever he has).

Schu
03-26-2004, 04:01 PM
Speaking of Tsunade, does anyone have those covers or any good pictures of her?

4z]\[ _ 13oI
04-01-2004, 10:33 AM
l0l 0]{ g077a l0v3 73h lu/\/\b3rjack (cos_play*) s7uff ;D
-=hahaha=-
::thumbs up::
y34]-[, i]\[ ]\[3 3v3]\[7 i \/\/4]\[]\[4 gi\/3 5]-[0u7 0u7 2 411 u guy5 7]-[47 ]-[3lp3d \/\/i7 73]-[ ANBU id345, & ]\[3 0]\[3 ]{n0\/\/ 0f c]-[34p3r c0]\[74c75 (sharingan?) ((i just cant afford the $200 ! ! ! a pair cost))

Kurai Kaze
04-01-2004, 10:51 AM
I wouldn't mind owning the Sharingan contacts myself, but I'm not nuts about putting in contacts.

ZakuKitty
04-01-2004, 12:06 PM
I'd be alright with putting in the contacts but it is the price of them that hinders that. :P

Suppai
04-01-2004, 06:47 PM
I'm going to be cosplaying as Hinata and I was wondering is her hair blue or purple or black? I want to know what color wig I should get.

Zirofax
04-01-2004, 07:37 PM
I'm going to be lumberjacking as Hinata and I was wondering is her hair blue or purple or black? I want to know what color wig I should get.

Her hair is more of a blue gray, but my friend is cosplaying as Hinata and she is dying her hair black. I think the black generally looks better, I dunno if a blue haired hinata would ok... pics are here: http://narutopix.littlecooldude.com/Hinata/Hinata-0011

Scortia
04-01-2004, 09:09 PM
The joy of lumberjacking Kakashi... at least you can get by only paying for one Sharingan contact ^^;; And yet, it's just so much cheaper to CGI your photographs instead ;p

Kaori-chan
04-06-2004, 07:47 PM
I'm making a Haku costume (or will be soon, I already started on the shoes so I guess that counts as starting the costume itself XD) and I'm also part of a cool secret Naruto group for this summer's Metrocon! Eeeheehee....

Oh, and does anyone know where I could buy a Hidden Mist forehead protector, other than buying one? All I can ever find are leaf. Wouldn't the makers of the headbands think that SOMEONE might want a different village?

Kurai Kaze
04-07-2004, 02:14 AM
They make children's headbands from all the countries, but unless you're a child the best you'll be able to do is fit it around the neck. Your best bet is to take the advice from the Naruto Headband thread and apply it to Hidden Mists' design or commission someone good like the guy over at Fantasy Props. I bet he'd be able to do it.

pyrosam
04-08-2004, 05:32 PM
you can get fome really good kunai and shuriken from http://mad-props.com
Its trabus' website I think well its really cool way to go trabus if its yours.... Im ordering like 10 kunai

Kaori Sensei!!!!! Its 534n !!!!

kaori-chan I have metal tape and some sheet metal me and riley can make the head bands out of I think our secret naruto group is going to be a hidden mist group because its so much cooler!!! :chatah:

Im most likely going to be selling anbu masks in about a month if anybody wants one. It'd have to be within florida or you'd have to pay shipping an handling if not then you gotta have an extra 8 bucks. well thats all

Kaori-chan
04-08-2004, 06:19 PM
Hey 534|\|, I was wondering when I would find you on here.

And I don't care if they're just children's. Making the fabric part is no problem to me, it's that evil metal plate I can't get around.

pyrosam
04-09-2004, 03:58 PM
Hey 534|\|, I was wondering when I would find you on here.

And I don't care if they're just children's. Making the fabric part is no problem to me, it's that evil metal plate I can't get around.

I said I could give you some sheet metal, another thing you could do is cut up a soda can and use the silver side, you could use m4rk's headband as a stensil :dance:

Her hair is more of a blue gray, but my friend is cosplaying as Hinata and she is dying her hair black. I think the black generally looks better, I dunno if a blue haired hinata would ok... pics are here: http://narutopix.littlecooldude.com/Hinata/Hinata-0011

In the anime her hair is a shiny black

yay im getting my kakashi costume made*beams*now to find sasuke's and gaara's costumes*grinz*anyone know a place to find them?

I can sell you my old sasuke costume, (atleast the shirt and maybe the shoes)

KakashisAngel
04-10-2004, 04:30 PM
really pyrosam? pm me here and we will talk ok?

Zirofax
04-11-2004, 04:33 PM

Yeah, but if you look at the screenshots, her hair really does have a blue tint.

Saga
04-11-2004, 06:52 PM
Hi´s!!! ^^

Please, anybody has some good pics of the First Hokage (Shodaime)?

TyJILDown
04-11-2004, 08:56 PM
As for the other countries headbands, for the metal ones, Kurai Kaze is right. I plan on making some metal ones in the future but I was lucky the Sound headband fit my head for my Kin costume I just debuted. It fit comfortable but it will not fit EVERYONE obviously if you have a larger head.

Also not recommended if you're wearing a wig...I have marks on my head from the headband being on with the wig cap pressing into my head, made bruises!

Crasher
04-11-2004, 09:44 PM
I've got a question:
If someone is doing generic leaf village shinobi attire, what colors should one use under the vest and for the pants?

ANBUotaku
04-12-2004, 12:00 PM
Ummm i need some help making kankuro's hat type thingy
so far I nave the pants and the shoes and i know how to make the shirt (kindof) all i need to make is that hat with the ears

Zirofax
04-12-2004, 12:55 PM
Hi´s!!! ^^

Please, anybody has some good pics of the First Hokage (Shodaime)?

here is one from the manga cover: (oh, and his name is Yondaime, :) )

http://www.angelfire.com/anime4/bamf/chapter178_01.jpg

Fake_Mike
04-12-2004, 01:19 PM
Wow my thread really grew
bf when i first made it bearly anyone was posting on it. I'm so proud T_T, ^_^. Yah bad news, my cosplay idea, go as Kiba wit Akamaru, went down the drain. Not enough funds, sigh. But if i can muster up some money i can go as a ANBU, i would just need to make a bird mask (cause i'm all about the wind element), and get ok make a trench coat and sandles, oh and can't forget the konoha head protector^_^

kerochan
04-12-2004, 01:41 PM
I have a question...what color do you guys think Konohamaru's hat/helmet is? In some scenes of the anime it looks like its gray or like its a light khaki or tan color....

Fake_Mike
04-12-2004, 04:27 PM
I'd say it is grey. Cause i have a picture of him in like episode 2. And i'd go with that. ^_^

Zirofax
04-12-2004, 06:11 PM
I have a question...what color do you guys think Konohamaru's hat/helmet is? In some scenes of the anime it looks like its gray or like its a light khaki or tan color....

Yeah I say gray too, it goes with the colors of his costume better.

Nekobun
04-12-2004, 08:25 PM

Um, Yondaime isn't his name, it's a term that means "The Fourth", since he's the Fourth Hokage. Saru is Sandaime, being the Third Hokage, and the Shodaime's the first Hokage, which is what our friend is looking for. You know, red armor, dark hair (going by the anime)? Unfortunately, I don't have any pics of the man m'self.

kerochan
04-13-2004, 12:04 PM
Okay I'll go with gray cause its easier to find gray spray paint and I did watch the anime over again and I will make the hat/helmet that color. Thanks for your help guys ^_^

Zirofax
04-13-2004, 12:25 PM
Um, Yondaime isn't his name, it's a term that means "The Fourth", since he's the Fourth Hokage. Saru is Sandaime, being the Third Hokage, and the Shodaime's the first Hokage, which is what our friend is looking for. You know, red armor, dark hair (going by the anime)? Unfortunately, I don't have any pics of the man m'self.

oops, haha I got really confused... I thought that they were asking for the fourth... * feels silly now :)* sorry about that!

Fake_Mike
04-13-2004, 07:02 PM
The Fifth is the coolest Hokage,... :P

Kurai Kaze
04-13-2004, 09:54 PM
Fifth? You've been reading the Manga, I take it? Curses! I bet it's- eh, nah. Probably shouldn't get into a spoiler discussion.

Fake_Mike
04-13-2004, 10:02 PM
She is in the intro to Naruto, well the on in episode 77 since there is a new one ,which is so funny. The thing is she is shown as a child when it shows all the ppl the 3rd trained. Anyone that thinks about it will get it.

Scortia
04-13-2004, 10:12 PM
*looks away ignoring that above is a big spoiler given that "she" was used* I had no idea who that was at first in the new op... I was like ... 'oooo sexy hair guy...' ack what a disappointment. ;p

Fake_Mike
04-13-2004, 10:19 PM
lol sorry, maybe i should be quite now lol. Go explosive 1000 years of pain lol.

Nekobun
04-13-2004, 11:20 PM
Um, that "she" is one of the sannin (the three trained by the Sandaime), but I don't recall seeing her mentioned as the fifth Hokage in any of the brief bios I've run into for her.

Suppai
04-14-2004, 01:20 AM

Hey Thanks! I'll get a black wig then!

KakashisAngel
04-14-2004, 02:26 AM
is there anyone have gaara's costume made or can make one for me its for a roleplay char of mine...

HuongStar
04-14-2004, 10:09 AM
Question regarding the female ANBU (the one who may be Hayate's sister/lover, depending on how you view it): she and Anko seem to have dark purple hair but no one else in Naruto has unnatural haircolor. I know that artists sometimes use purple as a highlight/accent color for black but if anyone has seen the Naruto Fanbook, Asuma, Gai, Orochimaru all have black hair but Anko's hair is distinctly dark purple.

What do you think? Is dark purple too weird for the female ANBU cosplay? There aren't any color manga images of her and all the doujinshi/fanart that exists flip flops between black & purple. The anime has her hair colored in between black & purple too. -__-

Zirofax
04-14-2004, 01:00 PM
Question regarding the female ANBU (the one who may be Hayate's sister/lover, depending on how you view it): she and Anko seem to have dark purple hair but no one else in Naruto has unnatural haircolor. I know that artists sometimes use purple as a highlight/accent color for black but if anyone has seen the Naruto Fanbook, Asuma, Gai, Orochimaru all have black hair but Anko's hair is distinctly dark purple.

What do you think? Is dark purple too weird for the female ANBU cosplay? There aren't any color manga images of her and all the doujinshi/fanart that exists flip flops between black & purple. The anime has her hair colored in between black & purple too. -__-

Sakura's hair is bright pink... o.o but for her hair color... I think that it looks black.

HuongStar
04-14-2004, 03:48 PM
Sakura's hair is bright pink... o.o but for her hair color... I think that it looks black.

Man, how I could overlook one of the main characters?! :thumbsup:

trabus
04-14-2004, 03:58 PM
Hinata's is also the same color as Anko's hair. My wife and I had a big argument over her hair color, but we decided that it was a dark purply black. ;)

modal
04-14-2004, 11:57 PM
Sorry if I'm posting in the wrong space.. I cosplayed for the first time at AB2k4, as Jiraiya; I put a decent amount of time (and $ ;p) into it, and I noticed some people here are also interested in cosplaying as him (he's damn cool).. so I thought I'd offer what little knowledge I acquired as far as finding/making the various parts of his costume, so it doesn't go to waste.

Here's a shot from last weekend; the things I think need work include
1) Robe should be a bit shorter
2) Shin guards will have to be laced/attached to the bottom of the pants somehow (they slipped a bit)
3) More gel in the wig... it should be closer to my face
4) Forehead-protector should be remade and just brushed/polished, not painted
5) I should've learned some poses before leaving!

Think that's it.. let me know if I should post elsewhere, sorry :P

Nekobun
04-15-2004, 12:31 AM
If you're not planning to use the wig for anything else, I might recommend you try clear silicone caulk to hold it in place instead of just gel; you can get it in pretty much any home improvement store or section of a place like Wal-Mart. It holds better, and is more permanent, but you might need something to hold the hair in place while it sets, depending on how much shape you want. One good thing for that sort of work are those thin foamies craft foam sheets.

KakashisAngel
04-16-2004, 09:17 AM
i am still looking for someone who has or can make gaara's costume complete with his gourd....

Cyber Wolf
04-16-2004, 10:44 AM
Last year I was going to make ninja sandals...never got around to it though ^^;; But I bought a pair of cheap sandals downtown, ripped off the the top part, and decided to sew a top made on canvas on it (the top part of the sandal was sewn on so I all I had to do was so through the holes that were already there) Never figured out where the opening should go though... ^^;;;

Pomegranate
04-17-2004, 02:14 AM
Does anyone know if Shinos headband ties in the back or not? I just can't seem to find a screencap from that angle ><

Hinata
04-17-2004, 09:08 PM
ah, I always figured that hinata-chan's hair was black, but purple/blue in the light. What sort of material should I use for the bottom of her hoodie? sheepskin? I wasn't sure. :crylaugh:

KakashisAngel
04-18-2004, 01:30 PM
ok i know im being a pest but i am asking once more if anyone has gaara's costume already made or could they make one for me....

Nekobun
04-18-2004, 05:45 PM
Does anyone know if Shinos headband ties in the back or not? I just can't seem to find a screencap from that angle ><

Actually, I don't think it ties; there's a decent shot or two of the back of his head in episode... 74? The one where he states he's not one to repeat himself, fight with Kankurou (the puppetteer Sand guy). And I don't recall seeing any sort of knot in any of those shots.

Kaori-chan
04-18-2004, 06:39 PM
Then I wonder how it stays on...eeeeeep....

And about Hinata's hair color, I remember seeing it as a very dark blue, almost black but almost definitely blue. Maybe it was just my TV but I think it looks better that way anyways.

And as far as the Gaara costume is concerned, I don't think I can help. I would if I could, though! If you decide on making yours and need any advice, please feel free to ask! I don't know how much I can help from the other side of a computer but I'll try. ^^

Oh and SHEET METAL RULES! Woot. Secret Naruto group seems to actually be making some progress, despite the fact that everyone has their own ideas and it's extremely hard to gather all of us in one place. Oh well. Hopefully I can get to the fabric store soon and we can start actually making the costumes, which would be nice.

ZakuKitty
04-18-2004, 06:50 PM
I couldn't make the Gaara costume because I already have enough to do but I can give you pointers on how to make most of it. :dance:

Pomegranate
04-18-2004, 08:06 PM
Actually, I don't think it ties; there's a decent shot or two of the back of his head in episode... 74? The one where he states he's not one to repeat himself, fight with Kankurou (the puppetteer Sand guy). And I don't recall seeing any sort of knot in any of those shots.

Thanks sooo much i really apreciate it and your right it doesn't tie in the back ^_^

KakashisAngel
04-18-2004, 09:16 PM
zakukitty thanx umm can you email me at gaarasangel@yahoo.com thanx

Fake_Mike
04-19-2004, 06:43 AM
anyone know where i can find ANBU stuff, like bird mask in that style, or hodded trech coat like the preferibly black?

Nekobun
04-19-2004, 05:25 PM
Mask would be best if you made one yourself; finding one for sale is unlikely. And I thought they mostly wore cloaks, not trenchcoats; again, you're probably off doing some screencaps from an episode or two and making it yourself.

The Josh Redux
04-19-2004, 06:17 PM
Yeah, the mask isn't too difficult, Ebay has forehead protectors, and another person is making resin kuni's for $10-15 plus shipping, he's on these forums...

Kaori-chan
04-19-2004, 06:19 PM
The ANBU wear black cloaks (the leader wears white/khaki) with long sleeves and hoods. I think what they wear underneath are the coolest outfits though.... But the cloaks are simple enough to make.

Hinata
04-19-2004, 06:30 PM
awww! anbu are sooo kawaiii~ :heart:

*ahem* yes, you should make it yourself.

Mailorder
04-19-2004, 07:37 PM
At: http://www.toysnjoys.com/narutoapparel.html

What's the difference between the 35 dollar headband that includes the ring and the 40 dollar headband done by Bandai?

Fake_Mike
04-19-2004, 09:52 PM
Sorry i ment cloaks, stupid me. lol, Thing is i don't have the supplies just as yet. hmmm

sorry i forgot to mention, i was planing on making them, but i'm not the best at sewing. making mask i can do i made a decent DSH costum mask for gundam. DECENT!!! lol

Kurai Kaze
04-20-2004, 10:13 AM
How are you doing your mask? I'm going to do an ANBU naruto at some point but I'm not sure how.

pyrosam
04-20-2004, 06:47 PM
yes how do you make a GOOD mask for an anbu Im making them for the not so secret, secret naruto group, and I was hoping someone could give me some tips besides papermache and fiberglass

Sanilus
04-21-2004, 07:56 PM
I want to Cosplay as one of the Demon brothers, the one with the gas mask thing with two nozzels. Can anyone give me some advice/pointers or a link where I can get a wig with long bangs like that...thank you...

Fake_Mike
04-21-2004, 09:29 PM
For my gundam mask i made it in art class. i just used some plaster strips for it had my briend help me with the base then i let if dry. then added more and more and more strips till it look right. lol. it is a really heavy mask lol.

Kurai Kaze
04-22-2004, 12:50 AM
I suppose wire mesh might work, but I never knew much about making those.

Uchiha Kumiko
04-27-2004, 05:09 PM
Hi! I really want to cosplay as...well, someone. I think I might be a random Chuunin or Jounin. The thing is, my funds aren't really that big, and I'll probably end up making my own costume :P What sort of material should I use for the vest? They always struck me as a plush on the shoulders, collar, and the bottom, and then some sort of thick material on the rest of it. What kind of material should that be?

Daala
04-28-2004, 08:17 AM
Garra (http://www.kitoutpost.com/otakon/blog/cosmo_q85.jpg) << sorry if this was post already, I just found it... ^_^

Snakeymaru
04-28-2004, 09:07 AM
Hi there.....i have the awesome notion to cosplay of one of the underrated naruto chars....Kankuro!! i have allready started to make the costume but ive hit a dead end when it comes to his forehead protector...(because it covers his whole head) and i am having serious problems trying to make Karasu....anyone have any ideas because i would love to pull this off!!!

Saga
04-28-2004, 10:33 AM

Oh, sorry, but I think I do not make myself clear...

I know who is Yondaime... I am looking for the First Hokage, the long black hair who is controled by Orochimaru...

Bye´s! ^^

kawaii_mon
04-28-2004, 10:38 AM
Hi there.....i have the awesome notion to cosplay of one of the underrated naruto chars....Kankuro!! i have allready started to make the costume but ive hit a dead end when it comes to his forehead protector...(because it covers his whole head) and i am having serious problems trying to make Karasu....anyone have any ideas because i would love to pull this off!!!

a friend of mine is doing kankurou as well with his housemate (as gaara) and my bf (as shino), and he's looking at making only the top half of karasu.. we're still in the designing stages of him, so i'll keep you posted on how we go!

pillow-_
04-28-2004, 02:03 PM
I have so far made a Sakura costume for myself, a Sasuke costume for my boyfriend, as well as helping him put together his Kakashi. Pictures are in my gallery.

I'll soon have my Kin of the Sound Ninja team done and my boyfriend's Zabuza ^^;;

Can I ask how you did the Sasuke Jacket. Ia m trying to put together a costume, and that is the part I am having trouble with. I am not good at sewing however, which has become a huge problem for me. But any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Mailorder
04-30-2004, 12:54 AM

I'm just curious, but even when you do make Karasu, how will you carry it around? Your shoulders? Try to convince a friend to cosplay as Karasu : )

If you give up on Karasu, just make the wrapped up version, when he's on Kankarou's back. That's a lot easier, since paper mache or plaster of paris can do a good job. Or if you get real lazy, just bundle up a bunch of beach towels and use atheletic tape.

KakashisAngel
04-30-2004, 01:15 AM
ok question people i know im a pain.....but does anyone have the patterns for gaara's costume?i am attempting to make it on my own.....

lainey
05-01-2004, 03:02 PM
quick question...

i've been looking round and round...and i can't find a good pic of HOW sakura is wearing the brown pouch...and the thingy that holds her kunai on her leg >_<

Duncan
05-01-2004, 04:41 PM
There is no pattern to Gaara's costume, or any other anime costume save for Sailor Moon. Anyone that would have a pattern would be custom-designed to fit themselves, and won't work for everyone in the first place.

kitkatkashi
05-01-2004, 11:41 PM
I am also thinking of cosplaying as Kiba..Im not really sure though..

KakashisAngel
05-02-2004, 11:44 PM
hmm is there anywhere to buy the wig for gaara's costume?

mister_x
05-03-2004, 12:06 AM
on the internet, i'm not sure. you should try to find some thrift stores around where you live.

my friend is cosplaying gaara and we lucked out when we went to one of my regular stops, they had a red wig that was just the right color and he had a friend alter it to the right style. as for myself and another friend lucked out, he got a ski jacket that looks like naruto's except for the collar and i got a green shirt and pants set for my rock lee.

sorry, there aren't particular patters for most cosplays. a good idea would be to break down the costume and see what there is, what you have, and that you need to get or make. that makes it much eisier to handle i think.

KakashisAngel
05-03-2004, 02:13 AM
thanx ill look around....

chiichan
05-07-2004, 12:18 AM
omg... im so happy i just finished my haku costume for acen2004... and my boyfriend just finished his zabuza costume too... the hardest part of my costume was the mask... but so are any of you going to attend acen?

killy
05-09-2004, 01:59 AM
I made a cosplay for gaara. For the body I used a pattern for a one piece pj outfit (pattern 2611 for Kwik Sew). Like the ones we used to wear as kids, but without the footies. And with a little improv it worked really well. I made up the sash, bought some buckles, attached the little straps, yadaa yadaa. However I will never ever wear it. Why? Because unless one is hideously small (like gaara) it looks hideously ugly on (at least it does on me). Seriously...just think of yourself walking about in footies. Not pleasant. So that's my word of warning. If you still want to do it, and are worried about your hair, there is dye that you can comb in for a day then wash out. If you have long hair you could tie it in a bun. And for shoes, I have seen people use socks on top of flip flops. And as crazy as it sounds, it looks good if done right.

I wouldn't worry about being super accurate. 99% of people are going to be impressed that you did a cosplay anyways, since it takes the time and effort a lot of people just don't have. And if you do the gaara cosplay, send us a photo!!!!!!!!! I need inspiration to wear mine... >___>;;

that's why I'm going as itachi, akatsuki version, for a-kon ((huzza for cloud coats!!)) so if anyone is going to a-kon, drop by the Synthetic Doll art table. you'll see me there helpin out!!! : D

mister_x
05-09-2004, 04:33 AM
one piece footie? i don't think you would need the feet since Gaara wears sandals. i'll be at a-kon, i've got my Rock Lee which is shaping up quite well and Seiji from Guitar Wolf and Wild Zero which needs some modification.

allyunion
05-09-2004, 04:49 AM
I thought all shoes in Naruto were pretty much the same across the board except for the color.

ByronSpiegal
05-09-2004, 09:06 AM
most cons ban real weapons...
just make the kunai.. thats what i did for my sasuke costume.

Hey how do I make a Sasuke shirt?

killy
05-09-2004, 01:52 PM
one piece footie? i don't think you would need the feet since Gaara wears sandals.

it's doesn't actually have the feet on it.

Exclave
05-09-2004, 03:08 PM
that's why I'm going as itachi, akatsuki version, for a-kon ((huzza for cloud coats!!)) so if anyone is going to a-kon, drop by the Synthetic Doll art table. you'll see me there helpin out!!! : D

Hooray for cloud coats!!! I'll be Akatsuki version Itachi at a-kon also.
*drools waiting for his Sharingan contacts to be delivered*

HuongStar
05-14-2004, 04:07 PM
Can anyone tell me how to get in contact with person who was reportedly
"designing" the contacts made by 9mmsfx (Naruto, Itachi, Sasuke, Kakashi, et al)?

Thanks!

trabus
05-14-2004, 06:58 PM
I believe that was yukitoLeonheart (http://forums.cosplay.com/private.php?do=newpm&userid=9294).

Lien
05-14-2004, 10:24 PM
Hmm.. Would it be weird if I go as Itachi but I'm a girl? I mean I like Itachi so much.. He's so cool and all that.. But I dunno where to find a headband like his.. And the eyes are also a problem..

Elvenwolf
05-15-2004, 05:15 PM
Trust me, a lot (if not majority) of male anime characters are cosplayed by women, so there's no issue there. Headband, you could always make one or buy one and paint/carve a line through it. Eyes, you can either pay lots of money for the special contacts or just buy red contacts.

Hyuuga Neji
05-16-2004, 10:45 AM
I really wanna cosplay as Neji, but I'd look a lot better going as Chouji...(I'm fat) so any ideas on a Chouji outfit? or erm how to make one?

kitkatkashi
05-17-2004, 02:36 AM
Making an hitai-ate bites.I can't get it right..any suggestions here?

05-17-2004, 02:35 PM
Otakon 2004...

Check the spot under the username...

Hyuuga Neji
05-17-2004, 03:19 PM
when and where is the next Cosplay thing, and is there an Age limit/money involved?

Bamph
05-18-2004, 01:02 AM
Hmm.. Would it be weird if I go as Itachi but I'm a girl? I mean I like Itachi so much.. He's so cool and all that.. But I dunno where to find a headband like his.. And the eyes are also a problem..

Email me at Jrnymph@hotmail.com and I'll show you a picture of the headbands we make. We have one of Itachi already made that you might like. Currently working on Exclaves cloak for Itachi.

HuongStar
05-18-2004, 05:07 PM
Argh... so the search for buckles has turned desperate. I need some opinions for the buckles on Gaara's mantle. Which one do you think would look the best?

Duncan
05-18-2004, 05:39 PM
Argh... so the search for buckles has turned desperate. I need some opinions for the buckles on Gaara's mantle. Which one do you think would look the best?

Heheheh, like someone would go "OMG YOU *SO* GOT THE WRONG BUCKLE FOR GAARA! He'd NEVER wear something like that!!!".

I like 2nd one myself, Twink.

HuongStar
05-18-2004, 06:08 PM
Truuuue but someone may just make a post picking apart my costume later on... :P

Or they'll IM me to tell what I could have done better. ._.

Duncan
05-18-2004, 06:12 PM
OT>Were you ever able to e-mail me, Twink?

Need me to call this weekend or something?

Itachi_san
05-19-2004, 12:53 AM
I am a itachi cosplayer and i have had some problems with my clounds but al and all the whole costume is coming out well, also i am going as kiba i had a friend of mine make a akamaru plush and it turned out real well. so if you ahve any question about either of them ask away.

:japan:
:chatah:

cap'n
05-19-2004, 11:15 AM
I finally posted some pics of my Kakashi costume in my gallery. ACen was so rockin', there was a HUGE naruto group (30+ people!).

Naruto Fan
05-20-2004, 11:29 AM
Hey does anyone know of any places other than http://9mmsfx.com/lenses.html to buy sharingan contacts?

kitkatkashi
05-22-2004, 12:33 AM
I finally posted some pics of my Kakashi costume in my gallery. ACen was so rockin', there was a HUGE naruto group (30+ people!).

wow..loved your costume! it was really good.. if it was you.. (XD)but whoever the Kakashi was,was awesome!

KuroBara
05-22-2004, 12:52 AM
*peeks in*

Naruto has sucked me in too. I'm planning Haku and Zabuza costumes for next year.

Bamph- your headbands and props look amazing! Hopefully I can buy some in the future when my cosplay plans for this are set.

Huongstar- I vote for 2 or 3. Finding buckles is such a pain!

Naruto Fan- I'm pretty sure that's the only place that offers the Naruto lenses. Custom contact lens painters are pretty rare, especially ones that sell to non-professional costumers like us.

Itachi_san
05-24-2004, 12:30 AM
I am almost done with my itachi costume, and it is freakin awsome. i am having a little trouble with the collar but it will be ready for FANIME2004. :miffed:

cap'n
05-24-2004, 08:48 AM
Hey does anyone know of any places other than http://9mmsfx.com/lenses.html to buy sharingan contacts?
When I was at ACen some random guy was telling me about sharingan contacts. He said there was a website that sold them cheap, and that he found them searching google. I tried and couldn't find them, maybe you have more patience than me.

Elvenwolf
05-24-2004, 08:42 PM
Haven't found any other site other than that one.

Not going to bother unless someone can find them for cheaper. Just way too expensive - getting red contacts (maybe) instead.

Some people mentioned anbu outfits on this thread during various points in time, and I'd like to say that I just made my Kakashi ANBU mask out of plaster strips and wire meshing so that the mask is rounder and protrudes a bit. Yes, it's a bit heavy, and I'm wondering if plaster strips are sandable at all. Anyone have ideas on how to smoothen out the bumps? I'd hate to add more strips since it's bulky enough as is, though it looks pretty good so far.

Also, anyone have ideas for the half-face mask of Kakashi's? I'm going with either the make a face mask, then put a turtle neck over it or just trying to modify a turtleneck by sewing the mask to the neckline. Both sound difficult.

hakutoranoin
05-24-2004, 11:32 PM
hey ebay has good head bands for a nice price there pretty good

Gourry_Inverse
05-24-2004, 11:45 PM
do you mean the cloth half mask? like this (my picture, not the greatest costume i made lol, had the forehead protector on backwards for half the day >_<!!!!)

http://img68.photobucket.com/albums/v208/Gourry_Inverse7/Kakashi1.jpg
http://img68.photobucket.com/albums/v208/Gourry_Inverse7/Kakashi2.jpg
http://img68.photobucket.com/albums/v208/Gourry_Inverse7/Kakashi3.jpg

Ever Hear of book sox? is a nylon type stretchable book cover. I used one of them. http://booksox.com/productzoommain.asp

Very cheap, Cut the edges so its open on both ends and slip it over your head. Voila, form fitting half-mask.

Elvenwolf
05-25-2004, 03:54 PM
Interesting, I'll try that - thanks! Yes, I did read about that method, and it sounds very convenient. Do you recommend a certain size (standard/jumbo)?

Golgo M.
05-28-2004, 08:40 AM
For the Kakashi mask, I have always depended on short sleeves. I took a short-sleeved navy blue shirt, cut out a sleeve, and used some adhesive on the face and some pins in the back to keep it in place. A little difficult for hot days, but it works. Just use a size that doesn't feel too constrictive on the face. You do need to breathe.

*Jibrielle*
05-28-2004, 02:47 PM
I don't feel like reading the whole thread right now =D.
I don't know if someone has posted this already but here is a scan from cosmode:

hakutoranoin
05-29-2004, 12:55 AM
hey are any of you going to comic con?

Act1 of Konoha
05-31-2004, 10:41 AM
does anyone help with my Kakashi cosplay?

Gourry_Inverse
06-01-2004, 11:33 PM
Well 1st off, book sox are very very breathable material. I had no problem wearing for an hour at a time. Though i had to take it off sometimes cause i wore the costume to school lol.

anyway on the subject of the size, depends.. is your head big or small? i'd say just order one of each and find which one is the best

also you dont have to order them online, any store that carries alot of school supplies should have them (Walmart and A.C. Moore will)

Blue Impulse
06-01-2004, 11:36 PM
For the next con in the north cali area I go to [prolly AX] I'm gonna cosplay as Dosu Kinuta, small problem in my path to cosplay perfection, please help in anyway possible...

1. Shoes, I need to know how to make the "naruto ninja shoes"
2. Fur/Hair, I don't really know which it is, for anyone who does, please help me by explaining anyways to make this.
3. Sound Ninja head protector, I already own a Leaf village one [official] but now I need sound! Someone explain how to make this and i'll greatly appreciate it!

Thanks everyone!

Gourry_Inverse
06-01-2004, 11:45 PM
1. Shoes, I need to know how to make the "naruto ninja shoes"

Theres a pattern on the forums somewhere, look around ^_~

2. Fur/Hair, I don't really know which it is, for anyone who does, please help me by explaining anyways to make this.

sorry cant help on this one

3. Sound Ninja head protector, I already own a Leaf village one [official] but now I need sound! Someone explain how to make this and i'll greatly appreciate it!

What i did for my Head protector, i bought some sheet copper, cut it out at about 5 inches by 2 inches (i think, dont remember exact). Then on one side indent the Sound Ninja symbol BACKWARDS. It will stand out on the other side.

Then get spraypaint and spray the whole thing silver. After that take a fine paintbrush and some glossy black paint, and paint the sound symbol.

Be VERY careful after finishing, the paint will scratch very easily (i had my coated with a gloss so i didnt have this problem).

Also theres the problem of attaching it to your forehead protector. If you super glue a few small ringlets made from the same copper sheet to the back of the plate, you can take cloth and basically string it to the headband cloth. Unfortunately i didnt get the chance to do this, so i ended up stapling it on lmfao.

Hope this helps! ^_~ Also, buy extra Copper sheet, it may take more than one try.

Blue Impulse
06-01-2004, 11:53 PM
I was taking a close look at my original head band, I think I can make that work, thanks for the help though, I really needed to know how to make the symbol XD

I'm gonna get something thats already silver-ish cause im lazy, then im gonna sorta like.. you know those double sided bolts..? ya.. ima put those on it =3

Gourry_Inverse
06-02-2004, 12:01 AM
:\ you could always go ghetto an use a soda can...

Blue Impulse
06-02-2004, 12:17 AM
.... .... lmfao!!!!! no thanks, I wanna look pro =3

TasogareNoTensh
06-02-2004, 01:15 PM
Hi everybody, I'm poping out of nowhere because i have a question for you all. Well I'm reincarnating my Sasuke costume from last year, completely redoing lots of stuff, because a friend asked me to and thats how I do things.

Ok the question:

Does anyone know where to find a wooden flute that is held like a normal one? Sasuke apparently has one in some random pictures in the manga, also a lot of fanartists like to use it ive noticed. Plus it wouldn't hurt to memorize "Wind" on it. ^^;;

Blue Impulse- I would go with what Gourry Inverseis saying, NOT the soda can ^^;;. It's almost exactly how I made mine, and it took me less then 30 mins to make mine but it surprising it has saved my life litterally, o.o;; or at least me from a nasty scar and a concusion. Though those bolts can be a bear, I just took 6 circular metal objects and glued them with this industrial strength super glue, I also did that to glue the Metal to the Cloth and it hasn't come off for a year, knock on wood.

Hotaru
06-02-2004, 08:19 PM
http://www.justmanga.com/jmaprod/naruto-headband.cfm

i dunno if anyone needs the head band or ring, but that site sells it cheap. at otakon they were going for fifty bucks a pop. glad we didn't get it!

allyunion
06-03-2004, 06:28 AM
Ok the question:

Does anyone know where to find a wooden flute that is held like a normal one? Sasuke apparently has one in some random pictures in the manga, also a lot of fanartists like to use it ive noticed. Plus it wouldn't hurt to memorize "Wind" on it. ^^;;

http://froogle.google.com/froogle?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&safe=off&tab=wf&scoring=p&q=wooden+flute&btnG=Search+Froogle

TasogareNoTensh
06-03-2004, 01:17 PM
Thank you. ^^

I forgot Froggle existed. ^^;;

Crisis
06-03-2004, 07:09 PM
Um, could anyone help me figure out how to make Sakura's overdress? I'm going to Otakon as her. Everything else is easy, but I can't figure out that darn dress. ^^;

Sanilus
06-03-2004, 07:25 PM
For Different Headbands pm Bamph, I bought a Village in The Mist Headband from him and am very pleased with it...
I was going to go as one of the Demon Brothers this year with a friend at Otakon, but I won't be in the US at that time so I'll have to do it next year...so I have time to make a good costume...

yuuna
06-03-2004, 09:30 PM
Could a person get arrested for bring a real Kunai to a Convention?? And any one know where i could find a Leaf Forehead pretector?, cause i've seen some that people make on there own and it just doesn't look the same. You take a blue head band and duck tape and draw a leaf. (I did that)

utentsu
06-03-2004, 11:51 PM
yo ^^ im a newbie here and im going to crossplay Gaara in the upcoming Ikasucon in ohio this July. Im wondering, he does not have any eyebrows, would it look bad if i bleach my brows o_O;...does anyone tried? and for the mark on his forehead, aside from henna, is there anything that doesnt smudge once i put it on?

mister_x
06-04-2004, 03:33 AM
you could just use foundation over your eyebrows... uh, i know nothing about makeup but that looks like whats happening in this scan from cosmode (http://forums.cosplay.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=7450).

as for the curse seal on his forhead i guess you could try latex paint or a body paint designed to be worn for extended periods.

dressdragn
06-04-2004, 01:22 PM
Hi all,

I'm Anna, and I've been cosplaying a while but haven't done any Naruto Cosplay before. I was wondering if anyone had cosplayed Gaara before, and might be able to offer me some advice.

The part I'm most concerned about is the jug, I was thinking I could either make it out of plastic (if I can find pre-vacuformed spears that large) or paper mashey over chiken wire if I couldn't. I was wondering if any one had found a light weight solution?

~Anna

Hinata
06-05-2004, 02:32 AM
Dosu wears a straw cape.. think mononoke hime. ^^;;
also, some japanese cosplay site sells teh official sandals.
http://www.party-party.co.jp/fanjine/cosplaygods/n_sandaru.htm
Hell YEAH!! Not sure if they ship here though..
but, 6,000 yen is about $65-ish american, I think.

utentsu
06-05-2004, 02:40 AM
looks like we are in the same boat girl :D as of the jug, im planning to use light weight material, and make it into a paper/cardboard mache. I will sandpaper the final output to soften out the rough sides and use some varnish and paint for details. basically, you'll also have to construct a frame for this one :eeek:

doragon
06-05-2004, 03:48 AM
yo ^^ im a newbie here and im going to crossplay Gaara in the upcoming Ikasucon in ohio this July. Im wondering, he does not have any eyebrows, would it look bad if i bleach my brows o_O;...does anyone tried? and for the mark on his forehead, aside from henna, is there anything that doesnt smudge once i put it on?
I dunno about the eyebrows, I'm a natural blonde [haha! they're light and blend in with my pasty skin!] .. but, I also didn't want to go _that_ far into detail, sure I did with everything else.. but eyebrows.. I didn't want to shave them off... o_o; as for his kanji, I just used a red lip pencil on my forehead [a friend drew it on me] it didn't smudge, even in the head and such.. worked out fine ^_^

aahahaha, that picture did the eyes like I did! But liquid eyeliner hurts when taking it off ;__;

as for his gourd, mine wasn't lightweight at all.. but it wasn't unbearable either. I made it out of wire, screen and paper mache... oh and sand. I had straps with it [to keep it on me] but it broke through the screen so I'm in need of fixing mine [must.. make it look better @_@] I've heard people use pure paper mache as well as bouncy balls and get good results.. so you guys can try giving that a shot ^_^

gah, I need to work on my new Gaara costume @_@ ... I'm not fond of the new red outfit and still having problems with the sandels x_x! *stabs the sandels* and the head protectors *stabs them* make an official sand one ;__;

~Yukiko~
06-05-2004, 07:25 PM
I am also making a gaara costume. For his eyebrows, well I'm going hardcore. On one con I'm just gonna shave them. they'll grow back in a few days. on the con after that, I'm gonna buy some liquid Latex to cover them up (you can buy it in craft stores I think) since I'm gonna be someone else besides gaara...whom has eyebrows.
For his gourd I found 2 balls the right size. One is a blow-up ball (the bigger one), so the outcome was a little lumpy. not too bad though. I'm gonna sand it down before I paint it. :O my sewing machine broke so I have yet to do anything else...x_x

Nekobun
06-05-2004, 10:28 PM
...you know eyebrows aren't that keen on growing back, right? Unless you've done this before and know your eyebrows are going to be back, I wouldn't really recommend it.

Saaski_Moql
06-06-2004, 07:28 AM
I'm new here, and to actually making a cosplay costume, but not to making things in general so I hope that helps me out a bit.

I'd like to make a Haku costume, but I just can't find a good full-profile picture of him in color! I've only read the manga so far, and as good as it is, when you need to know colors, it doesn't really help much >.<;
All I have to work with now is a color-cover.

Any help offered would be very much appreciated!

Erocku
06-07-2004, 12:31 AM
I'm new here, and to actually making a cosplay costume, but not to making things in general so I hope that helps me out a bit.

I'd like to make a Haku costume, but I just can't find a good full-profile picture of him in color! I've only read the manga so far, and as good as it is, when you need to know colors, it doesn't really help much >.<;
All I have to work with now is a color-cover.

Any help offered would be very much appreciated!

Here's a good Haku picture so you can get the colors right.

Saaski_Moql
06-07-2004, 06:11 AM
^^ Thank you so much! This helps immensly. Are there more where you found it?

allyunion
06-07-2004, 07:40 AM
Google:
http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&safe=off&q=Haku+naruto&btnG=Search

Screencaps from Episodes 8-10
8: http://www.narutochuushin.com/main.php?category=multimedia&page=screencaps/&subdir1=008
9: http://www.narutochuushin.com/main.php?category=multimedia&page=screencaps/&subdir1=009
10: http://www.narutochuushin.com/main.php?category=multimedia&page=screencaps/&subdir1=010

dressdragn
06-07-2004, 12:38 PM
I bleached my eyebrows once for a costume and I do not recomed it. First of all it's dangrous having bleach that close to your eyes. Even if you don't get it in your eyes the fumes are very uncoftrable. Second Growing back in they looked terible being part black and part blond.

I'm not sure about shaving, but you can get skin colored laytex covers for your eye brows. I wouldn't apply liquid laytex direictly to you eyebrows b/c it'll be hell getting off.

~Anna

HuongStar
06-07-2004, 12:52 PM
For Gaara, you can always buy theatrical wax to "seal" your eyebrows and then you cover it with matching full-coverage foundation/concealer. I tried the technique this past weekend and while it requires some trial and error, I think it could work really well with some practice & patience.

Saaski_Moql
06-07-2004, 02:01 PM
Erocku and allyunion, thank you both very much ^^

utentsu
06-07-2004, 05:51 PM
I dunno about the eyebrows, I'm a natural blonde [haha! they're light and blend in with my pasty skin!] .. but, I also didn't want to go _that_ far into detail, sure I did with everything else.. but eyebrows.. I didn't want to shave them off... o_o; as for his kanji, I just used a red lip pencil on my forehead [a friend drew it on me] it didn't smudge, even in the head and such.. worked out fine ^_^

aahahaha, that picture did the eyes like I did! But liquid eyeliner hurts when taking it off ;__;

as for his gourd, mine wasn't lightweight at all.. but it wasn't unbearable either. I made it out of wire, screen and paper mache... oh and sand. I had straps with it [to keep it on me] but it broke through the screen so I'm in need of fixing mine [must.. make it look better @_@] I've heard people use pure paper mache as well as bouncy balls and get good results.. so you guys can try giving that a shot ^_^

gah, I need to work on my new Gaara costume @_@ ... I'm not fond of the new red outfit and still having problems with the sandels x_x! *stabs the sandels* and the head protectors *stabs them* make an official sand one ;__;

i hope red lip pencil sticks in my oily face :alien: i used to do lucifer of angel sanc once and have a hard time...lining my face o_O maybe i'll try putting uhh concealer for the brows...maybe have em waxed...just a little bit XD to make em bald..concealer sticks to oily face right? <-- ish being so naive o_o

*tries to put all she learned in sculpting to use >.<* damn jug....

anyway about the sandals, im thinking of purchasing black cheap slippers and have it bound REALLY tight with black elastic cloth, or black bandage...and just basically have it wrapped around above my ankle >_<

by the way, do you think a week is enough for gaara's costume o_O

utentsu
06-07-2004, 05:55 PM
this what basically inspired me to do gaara :D liquid eyeliner! (ouch)
i dunno if me and my friend did a good job here, she 'inked' my eyes for the ryuji otogi character i wore---and i think its good enough if we do it again for gaara? whaddya guys think?

^^; oh the picture is in my gallery..the only one there..hehe

mister_x
06-07-2004, 06:03 PM
you could do it in a week if you have everything planned out and know exactly what you need. the gourd will probably take the longest depending on what material you'll be using and how big you want to make it.

Saaski_Moql
06-07-2004, 06:54 PM
About the gourd, I've heard of people use everything from jugs to beach balls. It all depends I guess.

doragon
06-08-2004, 01:22 AM
anyway about the sandals, im thinking of purchasing black cheap slippers and have it bound REALLY tight with black elastic cloth, or black bandage...and just basically have it wrapped around above my ankle >_<

I had the elastic-type cloth for my shoes previously.. it worked for the most part.. but, I'm still trying to work on them.. I was thinking a stiffer material would work, like canvus or something similar, not sure.

Um, making everything BUT the gourd could take you a week... I spent about 3 months working on my gourd, then again I was juggling work and school while making it. But it took me a while to make it, and my process was complicated x__x;;

HuongStar
06-08-2004, 09:42 AM
i hope red lip pencil sticks in my oily face :alien: i used to do lucifer of angel sanc once and have a hard time...lining my face o_O maybe i'll try putting uhh concealer for the brows...maybe have em waxed...just a little bit XD to make em bald..concealer sticks to oily face right? <-- ish being so naive o_o

Red lip pencil will not work if you have oily skin. I too have the same affliction so I went with a temporary tattoo from Konoha Imports (http://www.konoha-imports.com). It lasted the whole day with my oily skin and in Texas heat and humidity. You can't really see it in these pictures (1 (http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=147054&password=66eb31b701e094f65976a0a774a3873b&sort=1&size=medium&cat=500&page=) & 2 (http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=147059&password=66eb31b701e094f65976a0a774a3873b&sort=1&size=medium&cat=500&page=)) but it looked really "clean" by everyone's accounts. I am also aware that the kanji is on the wrong side. -__-

I was supposed to make Gaara for Katsucon but I only finished most of the mantle (which needs to be redone anyway -_-). Anyway, the rest of the costume was done in less than a week excluding the gourd!

dressdragn
06-08-2004, 01:41 PM
I was supposed to make Gaara for Katsucon but I only finished (most of) the mantle (which needs to be redone anyway -_-). Anyway, the rest of the costume was done in less than a week (excluding the gourd)!

Your Gaara looks great, so cleanly finished! thanks for sharing the pics. So how did you make your gord?

~Anna

HuongStar
06-08-2004, 02:42 PM
Your Gaara looks great, so cleanly finished! thanks for sharing the pics. So how did you make your gourd? Using the papier mache & chicken wire method, I found that the papier mache consistency was hard to control (uneven texture) and I was constantly having structural issues (collapses, lopsided shape). After wasting a good $50 on assorted materials and countless hours, I turned to the expert at Fantasy Props (http://www.fantasyprops.com).

Does anyone know if this scroll (http://www.naruto-world.com/naruto-cover-15.jpg) is the same one Jiraiya carried around or does he have a different one?

doragon
06-08-2004, 04:18 PM
Using the papier mache & chicken wire method, I found that the papier mache consistency was hard to control (uneven texture) and I was constantly having structural issues (collapses, lopsided shape). After wasting a good $50 on assorted materials and countless hours, I turned to the expert at Fantasy Props (http://www.fantasyprops.com).

Does anyone know if this scroll (http://www.naruto-world.com/naruto-cover-15.jpg) is the same one Jiraiya carried around or does he have a different one?
thats what I found when making my gourd as well, it was hard to control.. but I also used really thin wire for the frame so it was easier. My gourd, unfortunaly, isn't clean and spherical like it should be.. but.. it's has sand on it ;__;! my gourd, basically (http://chirigami.net/cos-me01.jpg)

*breaks out volumes 11* on the cover, it's different than that one. Ji-sama's is red and green. the base [where the tan is on naruto's on volume 15] is green and the other part [the green on naruto's] is red. It's the same way in the anime... and I think it has something else written.. not sure.. I'll try to get a pic of it, if you want ^_^

HuongStar
06-09-2004, 12:33 PM
My gourd, unfortunaly, isn't clean and spherical like it should be.. but.. it's has sand on it ;__;! my gourd, basically (http://chirigami.net/cos-me01.jpg)
Well, kudos to you for making it! I gave up after several tries because it was starting to become expensive and frustrating. -__-

*breaks out volumes 11* on the cover, it's different than that one. Ji-sama's is red and green. the base [where the tan is on naruto's on volume 15] is green and the other part [the green on naruto's] is red. It's the same way in the anime... and I think it has something else written.. not sure.. I'll try to get a pic of it, if you want ^_^Yeah, I was just trying to figure out if the characters were the same for both Naruto's and Jiraiya's scrolls. They look like it but I'm not 100% certain. If you could help me out, I'd appreciate it! :D

http://narutopix.littlecooldude.com/Jiraiya/Jiraiya-0140

utentsu
06-09-2004, 01:35 PM
im thinking of not putting sand in my gourd ^^ im afraid of making uhh..some spill during the con o O; By the way, im totally new here--literally. My first con in US, and i dunno how its gonna go. Is having a skit required? or is that optional? Mostly back in my place, the cosplayer strut on the stage for a minute or two, given an option to pose or strike a signature action move.

*is thinking blinding the judges with sand XD* ooh bad, hehe

dressdragn
06-09-2004, 02:33 PM
im thinking of not putting sand in my gourd ^^ im afraid of making uhh..some spill during the con o O; By the way, im totally new here--literally. My first con in US, and i dunno how its gonna go. Is having a skit required? or is that optional? Mostly back in my place, the cosplayer strut on the stage for a minute or two, given an option to pose or strike a signature action move.

so where are you from?

anywho I wouldn't put in sand b/c it's A) very heavy B) messy.

You don't have to have a skit to be in the cosplay, and you don't have to be in the cosplay to wear a costume. Some con's are weigted towards skits and some cons are weigted towards walk on's once you've been to a few you'll get the feel for wich con's are what.

When your not doing a skit you compeet in craftmanship only, and are usualy not in direct competion with any of the skits.

~Anna

Merle
06-09-2004, 04:28 PM
Hey, I'm planning on trying to make an Aburame Shino costume, but I have no idea where to start :waaaah: This is my first attempt at cosplaying, and I've gotta have it ready in time for Otakon...does anyone know where I could mebbe find a jacket that looks like his, or could some kind forumgoer mebbe help me out with adding that collar onto another jacket if I can't find a good one? ^_^;;

I've got other parts of the costume planned out - gonna mess around with some sandals for the shoes, the glasses should be easy to find, and I'm gonna modify a pair of sweatpants to look like his shorts - but that jacket's just stumping me..

HuongStar
06-09-2004, 04:36 PM
Hey, I'm planning on trying to make an Aburame Shino costume, but I have no idea where to start :waaaah: This is my first attempt at cosplaying, and I've gotta have it ready in time for Otakon...does anyone know where I could mebbe find a jacket that looks like his, or could some kind forumgoer mebbe help me out with adding that collar onto another jacket if I can't find a good one? ^_^;;

I've got other parts of the costume planned out - gonna mess around with some sandals for the shoes, the glasses should be easy to find, and I'm gonna modify a pair of sweatpants to look like his shorts - but that jacket's just stumping me..
Look on eBay for "funnel* jacket" for one that you could modify. I know a couple of people who've had some luck after scouring thrift stores!

utentsu
06-10-2004, 10:10 AM
so where are you from?

anywho I wouldn't put in sand b/c it's A) very heavy B) messy.

You don't have to have a skit to be in the cosplay, and you don't have to be in the cosplay to wear a costume. Some con's are weigted towards skits and some cons are weigted towards walk on's once you've been to a few you'll get the feel for wich con's are what.

When your not doing a skit you compeet in craftmanship only, and are usualy not in direct competion with any of the skits.

~Anna

Im from Philippines :) our conventions are mostly held on malls and usually in cosplays its pretty SOP that we well do the catwalk thing, pretty much like being in a beauty pageant :schitzo: first we are pre-screened for costume details. Then walk on the stage for the final judging plus audience impact. Skits usually come as an option ^^; anyways, thanks for the tip :square:

Randomshagz
06-11-2004, 03:48 AM
how do people make kunais without a plastic resin?

mister_x
06-11-2004, 04:01 AM

sand would be kind of impractical. if you want the effect of using the sand you could get a sheer sand colored scarf to hang from the hole in the gourd.

red-Otaku
06-11-2004, 04:34 AM
Look on eBay for "funnel* jacket" for one that you could modify. I know a couple of people who've had some luck after scouring thrift stores!

As for the Shino Jacket, Kawaii Mon told me about a GREAT pattern (Kwik sew pattern #2651) Which looks nearly EXACTLY like Shino's all you need to do is alter the collar. As for the rest of the costume, here is what I'm doing.
*Jacket: kwik sew pattern with alterations to collar
*sandals: Making my own out of either wetsuit material or "super spandex"
*Pants: Dark brown slacks from a thriftstore, cut just below the knee
*Leg bandage: Cheap gauze
*Forehead protector: Ebay, $24.99 pls S+H for an official one
*glasses: Dollar stores/thrift stores (I wear prescription and lucked out with my grandmother buying me a pair of prescrip sunglasses in the frames i needed)
*pouches: The round shuriken pouch is easy to sew, just need some heavy fabric, L0ki suggested a WW2 era pouch from an army/navy supply store for the kunai pouch (the one on the leg bandage)

That should cover just about everything needed for your shino, and if you pick the right stuff and put some hard work into it, it will look great :) Check my thread "Shino jacket" for more hints, I'm doing a shino for metrocon in july :)

utentsu
06-11-2004, 10:15 PM
how do people make kunais without a plastic resin?

i will usually form a wire, stick it into a small block of styro, sandpaper it to a form of a kunai, and add wet papers to form it hard...then buff it again..then you can paint it with silver paint, and if you want gloss, try sparying some varnish..good luck :)

hakutoranoin
06-14-2004, 12:00 AM
i will usually form a wire, stick it into a small block of styro, sandpaper it to a form of a kunai, and add wet papers to form it hard...then buff it again..then you can paint it with silver paint, and if you want gloss, try sparying some varnish..good luck :)

dude that would take way to much time if you have a dead line like comic-con

DJ Sandman
06-14-2004, 07:01 AM
Hi, I'm new to this board and am currently preparing for my next cosplay project (which is actually my second time cosplaying). This one is kind of tough because I have not found much information and the pics I found are small and not very good quality.

I'm basically planning to cosplay as a basic sound village ninja.

What I want to know is for those who have seen these ninjas in the series, what would be the best way to make the overlaying gray garment and the black and grey spotted neck piece???

I have all of the other necessary pieces (except for a Sound Village head protector, I hope Bamph can help me since I read his posts and from the pic I saw I like the way he crafted his Sand Village head protector)

Any info will be greatly appreciated =)

Silver Side
06-14-2004, 09:59 AM
Hiya, I'm very new to Naruto myself, but I'm going to give it a shot on this thread ^^

Next con I'll be cosplaying as Kimimaro. I dont know if any of you guys know who he is, but he's that guy that uses his spine and bones to fight Naruto and Rock Lee in the later parts of the manga. It'll be months till this part will be released in the anime..

So here comes my problem. I really dont have a clue to what his colors are like. In the manga, he appears to have white hair, light eyes, white shirt and black pants. But what would he look like in the anime? I havent found any info on him on the official sites so I dont know what Kishimoto was thinking of coloring him. Gaara for instance, had white hair in the manga, but they colored it reddish brown.

So I'd like to know if you guys have any info on him and the colors I should use or your ideas for what colors he might have.

Anyway, thanks for reading through my story and I hope to hear some ideas! *bows* thanks so much!

HuongStar
06-14-2004, 10:42 AM
Hiya, I'm very new to Naruto myself, but I'm going to give it a shot on this thread ^^

Next con I'll be cosplaying as Kimimaro. I dont know if any of you guys know who he is, but he's that guy that uses his spine and bones to fight Naruto and Rock Lee in the later parts of the manga. It'll be months till this part will be released in the anime..

So here comes my problem. I really dont have a clue to what his colors are like. In the manga, he appears to have white hair, light eyes, white shirt and black pants. But what would he look like in the anime? I havent found any info on him on the official sites so I dont know what Kishimoto was thinking of coloring him. Gaara for instance, had white hair in the manga, but they colored it reddish brown.

So I'd like to know if you guys have any info on him and the colors I should use or your ideas for what colors he might have.

Anyway, thanks for reading through my story and I hope to hear some ideas! *bows* thanks so much!

This is basically the fanart intrepretations of Kimimaro's colors (cream, silver, white, et al). As for Gaara, they colored his hair reddish-brown on the manga covers. :)

pyrosam
06-14-2004, 10:51 AM
silverside,
naurtofan.com has color pics in their manga and its a sich to download.... just download a couple of the first chapters of when he comes into play and you should see a pic... *SPOILER ALERT* like when gaara temari and kankuro apear I think it shows another when gaara challenges kimmimaro hope I helped.... *SPOILER FINISHED* sorry I dont usually post in this thread.... only like twice......

Silver Side
06-14-2004, 11:12 AM
Been to Naruto.com, i always get my manga from them. But I always thought that their colored pics were made by fans and not the actual artist/s.
Anyhow, thanks a lot guys ^_^ That helped quite a lot on deciding for me.

doragon
06-14-2004, 02:25 PM
This is basically the fanart intrepretations of Kimimaro's colors (cream, silver, white, et al). As for Gaara, they colored his hair reddish-brown on the manga covers. :)
I do believe Kimi's hair is more of a silver/light blue.. wouldn't be surprised.. but Kishimoto has yet to actually release a color picture of him and such. So, it's up in the air I suppose.

As for Gaara, dang.. he's had like six hair color changes. It went from brown, to brown with bits of red, a more reddish brown, to dark brown to dark brown with red in it.. to red. [*thinks about this* poll #1, poll#2.. cover 13.. cover 15.. another poll .. to the new chapter] his hair is so confusing ;__;!

and silver, majority of the color pictures released through narutofan are colored by a fan, but he does an awesome job o_o!

*gnaws on her masses of red fabric* hey.. opinion question. I'm making the new gaara outfit [the red thing of doom] and was wondering if I should make the sash around the gourd white [like his sash going around his body] or keep it red like with his previous outfit [aka.. the thing on my gourd right now] opinions?