PDA

View Full Version : Dragonball Evolution...

Megan-Chan&!
04-11-2009, 01:41 AM
What a horrid translation of Dragonball that turned out to be. It had the potential to be a wonderful movie if it hadn't had any relation to Dragonball. (Not that it had any to start with.) I'm kinda starting to wonder why I cosplayed for it. Did anyone else go see America's horrible interpretation? :confused:
Haha, or better yet, did anyone else cosplay?

AndreTheGiant
04-11-2009, 09:54 PM
I completely agree like my friends say about Highlander 2 I say the same for this.....IT DOESNT EXIST hahaha I started to cosplay Piccolo but I'm sticking to the manga....and will try to stop that abomination that is Evolution.....

ThakYuki
04-12-2009, 08:27 PM
Why does Hollywood keep ruining the movie business with their bad anime/game-based movies? If you're gonna do a movie based off an anime, stick to the friggen story! Don't use the same character names, the same items, but give it a whole different story. That makes me want to shove someone off a cliff.

MajinCrystalia
04-12-2009, 08:29 PM
What is this non-existant movie you speak? Also maybe this should be in the Other Costume forum?

AndreTheGiant
04-12-2009, 08:33 PM
u know he has a point.....

Bella Luna
04-12-2009, 08:37 PM
*raise hand* I cosplayed, was forced to go and hated the movie! That's a combo.

Would you like a side of "some animes just shouldn't become live action movies"?

MajinCrystalia
04-12-2009, 08:58 PM
*raise hand* I cosplayed, was forced to go and hated the movie! That's a combo.

Would you like a side of "some animes just shouldn't become live action movies"?

Name one or two animes that have been and were good.

Tyblat
04-12-2009, 09:02 PM
I did! I actually went to a cosplay picnic that day, and the last thing we did was go see the movie. It ....was pretty bad.

However, the theatre was actually empty, and there were about 30 of us, so we just made comments through the movie, which made it really funny.

Allspice
04-12-2009, 09:11 PM
I think the idea was there. A live action DBZ movie would have been awesome! I could even swallow the idea of character look changes, for realism's sake.

But the "Torumented High School Teen" thing just nauseated me. :(

MajinCrystalia
04-12-2009, 09:12 PM
Don't forget Darth Piccolo.

AndreTheGiant
04-13-2009, 04:39 AM
lol Darth Piccolo funny lol but yea with the technology we go today they could have made it great and I could have accepted the wardrobe change but the story line complete off course......hell the fight scenes could have been similar to Matrix Revolution for heavens sake....I easily saw they could have used some of that to do the fight scene......

hojou
04-13-2009, 11:10 PM
Dragon Ball Evolution is what Dragon Ball should have been.

AndreTheGiant
04-14-2009, 01:38 AM
???? u have anything to back that arguement....cuz we have an entire manga saying different...

Kayoshin
10-26-2009, 07:13 AM
Dragonball Evolution is a crap and doesn't belong to the REAL Dragonball universe! I hate this horrible movie who just throw shame on Dragonball-Z-GT!!! :mad:

Chergnomebyl
10-26-2009, 12:44 PM
EVERYONE HERE IS COMPLETELY RIGHT. That movie was crap and also the fact I never watched it and I know it was crap. Every character had no resemblance of any of the Dragonballs. BUT I heard there was another DBZ movie coming out and hopefully this one does it a LITTLE justice.

heaven_firings
10-26-2009, 11:52 PM
That movie was bad and put me to sleep... literally. The only good thing I can say is I didn't have to pay for it and Kyle Hebert on commentary was great :D