PDA

View Full Version : wigs and bleach

wingzero
07-31-2003, 09:12 PM
Okay well some of you just might crack up laughing at this idea, but I'm working on a Sesshoumaru costume and it's almost done, except for the wig.

There is a Godiva wig at this Halloween shop nearby, and its perfect - except for the color. It's blonde, and we all know that Sesshy has long white hair. Would it be smart to buy the Godiva wig and just bleach it so that its white? Or would that just ruin the wig? Does anyone know? Thanks!

HowilnMadMurphy
07-31-2003, 09:15 PM
You can't bleach wigs unless they're human hair. And if you found a godiva wig with human hair, dear sweet jesus it would be more than a new car.
Just get a nice long synthetic wig that's already white in the interweb. Check out amphigory.com.

wingzero
07-31-2003, 09:18 PM
"godiva wig with human hair, dear sweet jesus it would be more than a new car."

I like how you phrased that! ^_^ I'll have to ask about whether its real or not...they haven't opened the shop yet but I talked to the lady that works there. That would be great if it would be real..wow... *-* That would be amazing. But what would happen if you bleach a fake wig anyway?

HowilnMadMurphy
07-31-2003, 09:24 PM
I don't think anything would happen. You'd just die from all the hairbleach fumes and waste time/money.

Sarcasm-hime
08-01-2003, 04:20 PM
Synthetic wigs are plastic, which means that the colour is put into the plastic before it's extruded into filaments. So there's no way to get the colour out. It's possible to darken a synthetic wig, but not lighten.

AniMajor
08-01-2003, 04:38 PM
I've heard there's a way to change the shade of a wig, like from a really yellow to light blond, but I don't know if it would work with blond to white.

wingzero
08-01-2003, 07:02 PM
AniMajor, well, do you know what would you use to turn the wig from really yellow to light blonde?

wingzero
08-01-2003, 07:04 PM
Sarcasm-hime... you're probobly right... *sigh* maybe I should just keep looking for a Godiva wig in white..

AniMajor
08-01-2003, 08:55 PM
I think it was that Halloween hair spray stuff, but I can't remember, if I find the link I'll post it.

wingzero
08-02-2003, 07:08 PM
thanks! :)

Koumori
08-02-2003, 08:08 PM
Wigs are not hair, and don't respond the same way to colors and bleaches - I wonder if bleach might not even melt the plastic fibers. Careful with Godiva wigs, as they are often made from low-quality fibers that tangle easily. Amphigory sells good-quality wigs, and you can further add length by sewing in extensions.