PDA

View Full Version : DBZ cosplay

skydragon119
04-12-2009, 01:01 PM
for all DBZ fans out there can someone give me ADVICE for how i can make the cape???
here is a references photo of the char for my cosplay

TrunksRL
04-15-2009, 08:34 AM
first-off u need your white fabric and alot of it, so don't get anyting too thick or heavy.
you need to do the fabric in two stages, one for the neck and shoulder guards and two for the cape itself.
to get your shoulder guards it would be best to use a wire frame and cover either with cardboard or a thin plastic, then glue and sow your white fabric on top. it would be best to keep the neck with an open spot to slp it on, but have the fabric in the shape desired hav a hook on it that is covered up when you are wearing the gauntlet cape.

hope that helps.

skydragon119
04-15-2009, 01:23 PM
yes it help me alot thank you very match XD
if i make the base of the cape from foam and sawing that on the foam that will work to????

TrunksRL
04-15-2009, 08:24 PM
i haven't made a gauntlet cape myself, i cosplay the future Trunks but that could work too, it may help to add a touch of glue under the seems just in case, foam isn't know for holding things well for a long time. so if i were you i would be careful with that one, if theres anything else you would like to know just ask.

skydragon119
04-17-2009, 06:48 AM
the cape will be the last part of the cosplay