PDA

View Full Version : X-Men / X-Force - Purifier Cosplay

Ananthema
04-18-2009, 08:37 AM
I am one of those people that seem to like cosplaying at bad guys. This year, I am planning on cos playing a Purifier as they seem to be a rather active group of antagonists in in the pages of New X-Men, Messiah Complex and the current series of X-Force.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Purifiers

I am planning on having this down by late June 2009 as I will be cos playing during this years SupaNova in Sydney.

The big part of this costume will be the black monks robe that i would need to come up with. Currently I thining about giving the cos play a bit of a comic book feel by trying use some material that is shiney. PVC fabric as come to mind. However I have some people commenting that it will be rather hot. So I am thinking about some other options that I could be doing for this.

Truest_Strike
04-30-2009, 05:29 PM
Dude, this is awesome. If I lived in Sydney, I would definitely join. I love the whole Messiah Complex story/event.

alterationsbyem
04-30-2009, 06:03 PM
I am a broadcloth nut, so I will plug it. But if you want to do something else, look into combining the PVC fabric with another in a combination that would make the costume still work