PDA

View Full Version : First time Con-Goer

CCKip
04-20-2009, 05:05 PM
So, my sister and I are planning on going to the Animazement convention next month, just for Saturday, and we'll be staying at a hotel down there overnight, the only problem is that we have no clue what hotels would be near there that we can stay at.
Pretty much, all we know is the cost of the actual con for a one day pass.
I was wondering if I might be able to get a little help with this, rather it be just hotel suggestions.
I'm also wondering if we'd have to pay for parking while we're down there. (my mom is taking us)
Note: Neither of us will be cosplaying, though, since I haven't gotten enough of my sewing lessons to start working on my costume.

kristyhimura
04-21-2009, 11:37 AM
The hotels are almost sold out but you mite want to check google map and see what hotels you can stay at and if they have any openings for Saturday Nights. I'm staying at www.hojo.com

Yes there is a Parking Fee but i'm not sure how much it would be. At one of the hotels it's like 11 dollars aday or something. I'm not quite sure. Sorry that my info isn't competely helpful.

I hope to see you at the con ^^.

CCKip
04-21-2009, 10:38 PM
Okay, thanks Kristy for at least replying =D I'll see what I can find...

EDIT: At the information listed for the hotel I found that's about 8 minutes from the convention, it looks like there's free parking, so I guess thank god for that

Foxberry
04-22-2009, 12:49 AM
This'll be my first con as well, I'm only going on Saturday myself. However I'm traveling back home Saturday night sometime after my friends and I are ready to go back (can't afford the hotels myself).. But I do have a question myself (not trying to hijack just trying to find the answer on this)- even if you don't plan on staying the night at a hotel or whatever, are there areas where I can park from say 9am-9pm? Or could I purchase parking at a hotel for those hours?

kristyhimura
04-22-2009, 10:13 AM
Your welcome, My hotel is only like 3.5 miles away from the con, and i think we are getting a taxi x) it shouldn't be more that 12 bucks xD i hope...