PDA

View Full Version : Who is going to the Akiyume Matsuri festival on Sunday and what are you wearing?

JoeBoeing
08-02-2003, 09:35 AM
Greetings all,

Ani-magic will be having a Autumn Festival/Akiyume festival on sunday and I'm wondering who is going to show up and what you will be wearing?

If I recall correctly Revell said that there would be little booths with Japanese-style games and snacks... but don't quote me on that.

I'll be wearing my new yukata and I still need an under kimono tabi and zori but I should be getting those by September

From,
Joe

Miaka No Baka
08-02-2003, 02:43 PM
if you're wearing a yukata generally you just wear geta (those wooden shoes that have the 2 teeth on the bottom) and no tabi. I think they'd consider it bad taste or something. Unless it's a kimono then the zori and tabi are right for it.

If I go I'd probably wear my yukata and some geta.

Miaka no Baka

JoeBoeing
08-02-2003, 03:47 PM
Strange... I've heard from somewhere that mean wear zori now to season festivals... geta atre more worn by older women and young children. I can't remember where I heard that from though.

FRom,
Joe

Michi
08-02-2003, 03:52 PM
Uh I guess I'll be around, but I don't have a kimono or anything to wear. ^_^;

Sana-chan
08-02-2003, 04:14 PM
Yeah I don't have anything to wear either lol. I'll check it out tho XD

JoeBoeing
08-02-2003, 06:07 PM
Michi and Sana-chan - You two should get a couple nice kimono's... they would look so nice on you. They would certinly flatter you both. 2 stunningly cute young ladies in a cute kimono would draw a lot of attention.

I'd get one if I were you two.

FRom,
Joe

Michi
08-02-2003, 08:36 PM
Oh I'd love to wear one.. I just dunno if I'd have the money before the con to get a nice one. ^_^; Maybe if I do my elaborate Mai for AM, I can wear that, but I doubt it. @_x

Hibiki-chan
08-02-2003, 08:39 PM
Annouu... maybe I can kill two birds with one stone if I got a kimono to use both as my Kamatari one for next year and for this festival thingy.

The big question is, just like what Michi-chan said, is how much would it cost?

JoeBoeing
08-02-2003, 09:15 PM
if you want a decent yukata this company was at AX: http://www.risingsunimports.com/ quality isn't top notch but they are nice.

This is the one I got: http://www.risingsunimports.com/detail.php?itemid=2855

they had a big sale a week ago... I got mine for 25 bucks off... but at AX the same one was only 90 bucks.

The really nice Japanese ones can cost about 300 bucks going cheap.

FRom,
Joe

Miaka No Baka
08-03-2003, 01:20 AM
yukata shouldn't be that expensive. All they are is cotton. You can find some for 30 bucks or so on ebay just search for yukata. There's a store here in maui that's japanese and they've got a small selection of yukata and their most expensive one is 90 or 120 i think. As far as obi go, you can get a pre-tied obi bow for cheap on ebay too. or even a simple yukata obi for cheap. I paid 54.50 total for my yukata and my obi (pre-tied yellow and red bow) and that included the shipping from japan to here. =D just look around.

Miaka no Baka

KimikoChan
08-03-2003, 02:14 AM
I sold my old yukata on ebay, but if i happen to get a new one, then I'll wear it, otherwise, zilcho.

But yeah, Ebay is a great place to find it pretty cheap.

Usagi Mylene
08-03-2003, 02:17 AM
I was not aware of this......

After Miaka no Baka posted links on the ebay thread. I *wondered* over and looked the yukatas I'm getting the pink flower one.

I'm hoping I can attend this. Since I didn't think anything was going on, on Sunday I was planning to drive to Disneyland.

JoeBoeing
08-03-2003, 09:46 AM
REvell said that there is a lot going on for Sunday. VA panels, fan panals, matsuri festival and more. I'm leaving monday so I don't miss anything.

KimikoChan
08-03-2003, 05:55 PM
Well I"ll definitely be there, since I'm leaving Monday as well ^^. I don't have any spare money to get a Yukata, so I'll probably just be wearing my Tsukushi outfit.

JoeBoeing
08-03-2003, 06:02 PM
YAY! Kimiko-chan is staying til Monday as well!

I'm thinking that we should have an after-con party after the con to continue to socialize and hang out.

FRom,
Joe

KimikoChan
08-03-2003, 06:04 PM
That sounds like an awesome idea Joe, and I'm all for it ^_^ No sense in us all being there and not hanging out! :)

SohjiroX
08-03-2003, 06:04 PM
I'm going to see about borrowing a friends outfit since I dont have time to hit china town for outfit, maybe when I hit little tokyo I will get somethign there but till I get either ones, I am going to do Chris from KOF, maybe CYS Chris if I am lucky, but I like to someone to do a KOF relax outfit so I can cosplay with them durning this.

AM Chair
08-03-2003, 08:16 PM
Hey All,
Revell here in Tokyo! We will have complete yukata sets for sale at the con through AREA 51. That`s the yukata, obi, and slippers for $85.00. and belive me folks that'cheap by US prices. If you want one ready for delivery, go to our AREA 51 web site and pay that amount on line through our Pay Pal@‚“‚‰‚”‚…@‚‚Œ‚…‚‚“‚…@‚“‚‚…‚ƒ‚‰‚†‚™@‚™‚‚ •‚’@‚“‚‰‚š‚…D‚v‚…f‚Œ‚Œ@‚‡‚…‚”@‚‰‚”@‚—‚ˆ‚‰‚Œ‚ …@‚—‚…f‚’‚…@‚ˆ‚…‚’‚…

‚q‚…‚–‚…‚Œ‚Œ

‚ˆ‚”‚”‚F^^‚—‚—‚—D‚‚’‚…‚‚T‚P‚‚Ž‚‰‚‚…D‚ƒ‚ ‚

JoeBoeing
08-03-2003, 08:35 PM
Hey Revell,

I don't know the addy for your stores site so I'll ask here... can you get me a pair of slippers that would go with this: http://www.risingsunimports.com/detail.php?itemid=2855 ?

That or a pair of men's geta that will hold 330 pounds of an adult male?

I wear a size 10 men's shoe U.S. size.

I can use your better judgement on style.

Oh pretty please with pocky on top?

FRom,
Joe

SohjiroX
08-03-2003, 11:39 PM
I'm already heading to little tokyo to pick a kimono up and slipers and socks for them. I will get a price and if people want me to get them one, just PM me and I will check prices for you.

tydawgsd
08-05-2003, 12:46 AM
Hmm. I don't know if I will go or not. If I do I will most likely where my gi and hakama. About as close as I can get to authentic traditonal Japanese clothes.

BlueLady
08-08-2003, 02:43 AM
okay Im curious..whats this all about, and why the traditional clothing?

KimikoChan
08-08-2003, 03:17 AM
On the last day of Ani-Magic, they are putting on the first Akiyume's Aki-Matsuri. It's like a fun way to wrap up the convention. It's basically like those little japanese festivals you see in anime and what not, so there's going to be game booths and other types of fun stuff :) And it's optional of course if you want to wear Yukata's or not, but it kinda goes with the theme and would be fun to do so :) If I can get a new one in time, then I'll wear it for sure :) You can find out more about it here: http://ani-magic.org/akimatsuri1.htm

BlueLady
08-08-2003, 01:21 PM
my deep appriciation. I suddenly felt like the mass newbie again before you told me whats up LOL

KimikoChan
08-08-2003, 04:15 PM
lol no problem :) I couldn't find any info for awhile until they updated their site ^^

Doremi Chan
08-10-2003, 12:03 PM
lol, I got a free hotel yukata when I went to Japan. But they requested that guests do not wear them outside of your room. It was not to my taste (plain white with simple blue pattern) so I got rid of it.
I'm going to try to see what I can find in Little tokyo next weekend