PDA

View Full Version : Castlevania

makio
10-01-2002, 11:12 AM
I'm currently working on a costume based off Castlevania: Symphony of the Night version Dracula for NekoCon this year... and I was wondering if anyone had cosplayed anyone from it and if so how long did it take to create? What material used? Props? etc... I know the apparel from C:SotN is very elaborate but if I at least have a rough estimate of how to go about completing it, the attempt will be a little easier. I just bought the fabric and whatnot, I just haven't sewn anything yet.

:devil: No vampire hunters were harmed in the making of this costume...yet.

Adella
10-02-2002, 08:28 PM
that's going to be soooooooooo cool!!!! My friend cosplayed Alucard.

Rosiel
10-02-2002, 09:47 PM
I want to do Juste Belmont, but I am too skinny.
I'd be the shrimpy underfed version... ;____;

L to the 3rd
10-03-2002, 02:32 AM
Omg..i'm gonna go as Richter for AX..(i hope)

makio
10-03-2002, 03:30 AM
I'd really like to bring my Dracula costume to Nekocon, but I'm afraid I might not get done in time...and since I really don't want a halfassed effort for such a well-depicted character; I've decided that if it's not done by the 26th, I just won't bring it with me. :( At least it'll definitely be ready for Megacon2003...

Kurenai
10-06-2002, 03:06 PM
I love the art and designs for C:SOTN. I'm glad there are people doing costumes! I can't wait to see them!

makio
10-15-2002, 09:35 AM
Just wondering...what is Dracula's coat named? Is it a frock coat, overcoat, peacoat, trenchcoat, etc..? I'm stumped on the design and figured I'd just find a pattern from the store than just "winging it".

This is the picture I'm referencing:
http://www.classicgaming.com/castlevania/art/konami/dx05.jpg

JoeBoeing
10-15-2002, 10:32 AM
YAY! CASTLEVANIA COS-PLAY!!!

I'm planning a Richter costume from Castlevania: Rondo of Blood game. A very obscure Castlevania game made for the Tubrbo Duo and one that many who've played it say is the best Castlevania ever.

MakioTwist - I've never seen a Dracula cos-play... good luck. that cape reminds me of a Harlock cape. I've seen those at Halloween stores. you can modify that I think.

FRom,
Joe Boeing

makio
10-15-2002, 10:39 AM
Actually, I was looking for the name of the coat not the cloak. I've got that already...but thanks on the name of that! ^_^;; I wasn't aware it had a specified name/title!

Nietsche
10-15-2002, 10:52 AM
Probably prefer to cosplay original Richter when he didn't have the girlish locks...(Bandanna, blue tunic and brown boots i think...)

JoeBoeing
10-15-2002, 11:35 AM
Nietsche - that is the one I'm doing. It's a lot easier for newbies to sew.

Ennui
10-21-2002, 11:07 AM
I plan on cosplaying as Maxim (as my icon would suggest) in the near future. Hopefully by AX or so....

makio
10-21-2002, 10:51 PM
Please keep me informed if you do decide to attend AX2003 as Maxim! :cool: It'd be great to have somewhat of a gathering of Castlevania-themed cosplayers at the event! I'm fighting both time and a budget to get my Dracula costume done in time for Halloween/Nekocon...all I have left is the overcoat and the golden lining on the vest, and I'm set!

Ennui
10-21-2002, 11:01 PM
awesome! Seeing as my hair will be perfect by AX, it'd be a shame if i didnt do a Maxim costume. Post pics when you finish!

Lillyxandra
10-22-2002, 08:12 AM
I love Juste and Maximís costumes *Drool* Does anyone know where I can find more art from the cover artist of Caselvania?

makio
10-22-2002, 09:40 AM
I'm using this site:
http://www.classicgaming.com/castlevania/dungeon.htm

...as my reference on the costumes and information I couldn't gather from the game alone. Hope it helps! :thumbsup:

Edit:BTW Ennui...If I've got the time, I'll try to get a Richter Belmont costume together since a friend of mine (also attending AX2003) will go as Dracula for me.

makio
03-30-2007, 12:24 PM
Sorry to revive an old thread, but with JACON's masquerade looming around the corner... what better place to ask CV related cosplay inquiries, right?
Anyway, I never really got a definitive answer in the past on the first question; so hopefully asking this nearly 5 years later might help, LoL!

1) Are the odd "clasps" on Alucard(CV:Symphony of the Night) (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Alucard_002.jpg) supposed to be some kind of metallic buckle-coupling or is it a flap similar to those seen on slacks & polo shirts(covering the zipper or button)?

2) Last time I had done anything CV(which was Soma from CV:Aria of Sorrow (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Soma_Cruz_%28Castlevania_character%29.gif)); I just broke down and realized that finding heeled shoes for men was too hard of a task. And the ones I did find were so expensive, I probably could've bought a pair of popular name-brand tennis shoes for each day of the week at that price. So I'm wondering if any knows or could recommend some descent shoe stores(on/offline)that would have something like this?
* As FYI, In the past, I used the styles of "cavalier", "Renaissance", "knee-high", "officer", "calf-high", and "riding" boots as my search topics for finding suitable shoes. If there's any other names/titles I should use or consider, let me know.

3) This really isn't a question, but rather an "advertisement"/seeking cosplayers request to anyone interested in cosplaying CV along with us, my friends and I are doing this for both JACON Saturday and DRAGON*CON(date TBA). So if interested, by all means join us!
I actually have a VERY nicely redone & commissioned Soma Cruz costume that someone could wear that fits male(or female)at the range of roughly 5'6" to 6'1" height, normal adult small to medium girth. As soon as the mini photoshoot is done, I'll have reference pictures.

:devil: