PDA

View Full Version : Do you Remeber your first?

chevron694
04-23-2009, 02:29 PM
For the past for day I been reading the countdown thread and a few people have said it there first time going to Animazement and it reminded me of how the con is growing. William told me there were like 5,000 people this last year and it growing that why we changed locations. so Im asking How long has everyone been gone to Animazement? And Remember your first time?

chevron694
04-23-2009, 02:39 PM
I been going for the last 5 years and this will be my 6th year. I remember my first time like it was yesterday. I only got to go half a day on Saturday and Sunday I don't cosplay back in 03 was new to the scene just walked around in normal cloth going look at that...wow look at them. damn! But from then on I got a room and cosplay ever year scene. Animazement was my very first con. I always like to say "Animazement she my first she my last she my everything". And she'll probably be the last con I ever go to. it will always have a special place in my heart.

`Difficile
04-23-2009, 03:23 PM
I'm not much of a ...veteran of the old AZ years. I went the summer of '07, this year will be my third year. I didn't have too good of a time my first year, mainly because I didn't bring along friends, nor did I cosplay. I attended panels and went starry-eyed at all the cosplayers.

The second time around I had all my friends and a cosplay, and that made it infinitely better. I can only imagine how great this year will be, now that I have so many other cosplayers to meet PLUS my two closest friends rooming with me.

Sh!bby
04-23-2009, 04:31 PM
I don't remember a lot of 2003...I only went for Saturday and remember being overwhelmed and bewildered. I think we had about 2,000 attendees that year. 2004 was madness. That was the YEAR OF THE GLOMP LINES/SIGNS and the reason we can no longer have them. There was also a lot of migrating furniture and hotel plants. Which is why they started taking them away after that.

We really cannot behave ourselves, can we?

double00beaver
04-23-2009, 05:50 PM
This is my fourth year going. My first year I got dropped off on a Saturday by myself and wandered around for hours, taking photos. I got my first plushie at a discount in the dealer's room and I still cherish my little Kumagoro plush.

Kyasaren
04-23-2009, 08:49 PM
I went in 2005, with my friend and we got dropped off on Saturday (we left around 9 pm or so) and that was my first convention experience. It was so fun, even though I only took pictures.
I didn't cosplay until 2007, seeing as I was new to the whole thing. In 2006, my second year, i found out my other friend used to rent a room there every year, so my sister and I roomed with them for all 3 days, and it was SUCH a blast.
This year, I have my OWN room <3 for the first time.

o01101011
04-23-2009, 09:18 PM
My first year was...I think 5 years ago? I only stayed for like, three hours on saturday. I didn't really enjoy myself, I felt out of place and the friends that had given me a ride there went off an did their own thing. This was right when I was just getting in to anime so I didn't know much, didn't feel comfortable going into the video rooms or anything except the dealers room......

I'm so glad I decided to risk going back the next year, I ended up cosplaying (my favorite part of conventions) for the first time and just felt much more at ease, hung out with friends, did sooo much better.

Nitro
04-23-2009, 09:48 PM
This will be my first...be gentle ;D

BlindCalliope
04-23-2009, 10:06 PM
I remember my first... it was in the rain on a starry moonlit night.... we were so young... never kissed before! Oh. Wrong first.

Nah, my first AZ was last year. I loved it. 'nuff said.

Nitro
04-23-2009, 10:14 PM
I hope my first turns out like your first ;D

BlindCalliope
04-23-2009, 10:30 PM
Don't beleive them when they say it hurts your first time...

Wait. You'll be hanging out with Zipchan. NEVER MIND IT DOES HURT

Nitro
04-23-2009, 11:05 PM
Believe me who believes you i know what you mean :\

chevron694
04-24-2009, 12:59 AM
Believe me who believes you i know what you mean :\

We're got to get some lipstick and paint a V on your forehead LOL. Who knows at reference RHPS fans?

Kyasaren
04-24-2009, 01:01 AM
We're got to get some lipstick and paint a V on your forehead LOL. Who knows at reference RHPS fans?

Don't leave him shivering... with antici-
PAtion.
>_>
<_<

Rhi
04-24-2009, 08:04 AM
lol, I remember my first in 2003. I was cosplaying Lt. Noin from Gundam wing... I remember being really nervous that not many others would be dressed up... I was so surprised that people recognized me and wanted pictures. XD I was so shy and felt kind of out of place... Been going ever since, save for 2005, which I missed. T_T

Nightflame
04-30-2009, 12:57 PM
This will be my fifth time going. I first time I went we were very unprepared. I didn't cosplay that year. I wish I had. We get more and more prepared each time we go.

Kaicyios
05-10-2009, 03:44 PM
My first AZ was in 2003. I cosplayed as Chichiri from Fushigi Yugi with a Miaka and Tamahome. I remember getting mobbed for pictures and being abducted. I remember the people I met at the con that year better than I do people I've met at cons this year. It was easily my most fun AZ followed by 2004 when we took over Artist Alley Saturday night and had cup jousting.