PDA

View Full Version : Grandia 2 Millenia Wig

basiik
08-02-2003, 06:41 PM
Well, to start, she's got a lot of hair. I'm considering www.amphigory.com's Enchantment wig in the orange color they now have avalible, but that means I'd have to cut bangs into it, which I've never done, before. But the problem is I'm wondering:

1. How fast do they ship?
2. Would it be enough for what I need to pull off?
3. How the hell do I pull off Millenia's... horn hair things?

Yeah, I'm sure some people don't know what I'm talking about, so here's a link to an image of it: http://captainb.siserv.net/millenia3.jpg . Woot.

I'm worried that I might not have enough hair to do her thick pony tail and her horn things. Any tips or suggestions? I've also noticed there's been a few people who've done this costume before, (theres a lady on the main page of Cosplay.com!) and they've pulled off the hair nicely. If anyone has done it, I'd like to know.

Thanks! XD

megumibish
08-02-2003, 11:21 PM
Katie Bair site here: http://www.katiebair.com/wig_millenia.html She tells the majority of what she used for it. And I guess depending on when you need it she could make it. But she's booked for a few months right now..

basiik
08-03-2003, 12:38 AM
Holy crap its beautiful but.... wow, its expensive. Well not really, but to me, eheheh. It won't be until AKON though, so I have, say ten months. XD Thanks.

TsurashiChan
08-03-2003, 01:43 AM
Amphigory does not have very fast shipping for wigs... their page says 3-8 weeks and it really is about 8 weeks. I ordered 2 wigs for Otakon about 6 weeks before the convention. I kept checking the update page and all it said was that my order was processed... so I finally emailed them and magically one of my wigs was shipped the next day... with a nice little note that my other wig was out of stock and wouldnt be in on time for Otakon. It would have been nice if they would have told me when they knew it was out of stock... Otakon is next week and Inu Yasha has no nice Lily colored wig :(

Good thing I emailed though... or they would have kept Malon's wig ^_^;

Koumori
08-03-2003, 09:14 AM
I've actually had good luck with Amphigory - 1-3 weeks in most cases, but since they have to special order from their wig supplier, it can take a while.

Katie's wigs are 100% worth the cost and more, but she is booked through the end of the year.