PDA

View Full Version : Impossible Mission? - Hibiki-Chan's Dangerous Journey to Ani-Magic (Yes, it's a poll)

Hibiki-chan
08-02-2003, 05:44 PM
Yes, this is a poll! Kinda like those "Choose Your Own Adventure" things back with Bantam books years ago! I kinda figure for a change I'd spice up the Ani-Magic forums by putting myself in a situation that is both real and unnerving X_X.

So here goes... and please read this before submitting your poll suggestion!

As many or few of you know, I am crossplaying as Satsuki Yatouji for this year's Ani-Magic 2003 celebration. This entails me to put on makeup, wear a corset (for form) and other perceived "weird" things that a typical guy *shouldnt* do.

What many of you don't know is that I have class on the day of the CLAMP gathering (October 4, Saturday), which happens 1PM. Now my schedule for classes on Saturday is from 7:45AM to 9:10AM. My parents have absolutely no idea I am crossplaying as someone when I go to this convention. As far as having a room is concerned, I have no roommate -- yet.

What also many of you don't know is that I live and study literally about approximately 52 miles south from the Ani-Magic celebration, which will take me about 57 minutes to get to depending on traffic.

So to sum it up, here are the "challenges" that I am facing:

1) I am crossplaying as Satsuki Yatouji
2) Ani-Magic is literally an hour's north from where I am
3) I have a class from 7:45am to 9:10am that Saturday, after which I am driving up to Ani-Magic as soon as classes end
4) Need roommate!

So now which "path" above should I take?

JoeBoeing
08-02-2003, 06:41 PM
If you want a room to change in you can change in my room at AM... the room is in my name and we can arrange a tim to meet up if you want. you can store your stuff in my room as well if you need to.

I cant share my room with you though. my roomie doesn't like rooming with people he doesn't know.

If you need a roomie post a messeg stating so here and on aM's board.

FRom,
Joe

Michi
08-02-2003, 07:35 PM
o_o;

Well, I wouldn't recommend only going on Sunday. :p You can always change in the bathrooms at Ani-Magic too, y'know. ^^

BlueLady
08-04-2003, 04:16 PM
i would reccomend changing at animagic. I dont know how tight your corset is, but from driving in both corsets and bodices I can say it sucks. Just change there

RoseDuelist
08-04-2003, 04:42 PM
I don't know what type of class it is, but I say wear everything to class!! lol! And take lots of pictures of people's faces. :p I'm going to be in my Lum costume on the drive up.. heh heh.. let's hope the car doesn't stall.. XD

Hibiki-chan
08-12-2003, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by RoseDuelist
...I don't know what type of class it is... XD

Umm Biology ;_;

Hope to see you there Rose ^_^

Mandy Mitchell
08-14-2003, 02:57 PM
My best suggestion would be to wear your costume after you arrive at Ani-Magic. I have a corset too, and I know how difficult it is to get into them.

El Bandido
08-14-2003, 09:33 PM
*flies in*

My best suggestion is to fly! Like I did! I was at Ani-Magic 2001 and I enjoyed saving the people from insanity!

*flies off*

Mink
08-15-2003, 08:04 PM
Yeah I would change there....but if I were gutsy Id wear it to class! In fact go for it!