PDA

View Full Version : Agito Wanijima (Air Gear) Cosplay

ISwearImSane
04-25-2009, 10:48 PM
I'm planning on going as Agito Wanijima from Air Gear for a convention this year and I already have the wig, the eyepatch, and the pants. I have some questions about the straightjacket. I already know the type of fabric I'm going to use. I looked around for a pattern and I found a thread here that had a pattern link, but the pattern won't show up.:waaaah:

Does anyone know where I could find a pattern that would work for his straightjacket?

Edit**
Also! A question about the strips coming off of his pants, how long should they be? I heard they should be 4yds long ... O_O ... but im not sure

SailorAnime
04-26-2009, 10:02 AM
You won't be able to find a straight jacket pattern; but if you can find a standard jacket pattern, you can just modify it so that the sleeves are longer (which is essentially the only modification).

As for the leg straps, they do need to be pretty long, but I'd just use my best judgement. Like if you don't feel comfortable having 4 yd long straps, make them shorter.

ISwearImSane
04-26-2009, 11:36 AM
You're right. I looked around and I think I found a pattern that'd work. Maybe. With modifications ^_^
It's called "Jalie Sewing Pattern #2795" and I downloaded the pattern. DOes anyone else think itd work?
Link: http://www.jalie.com/sewingpatterns/patterncovers/back/2795.pdf

Yeah, I'll probably start them out being 4 yards long, and if I feel I need to, Ill shorten them.

Raknorak
04-27-2009, 03:56 AM
If your concern with the straps being so long is that they'll be dangerous (they will be), you can clip them onto your pants in the belt loops. That way they'll be up off the ground, and when you take pictures just unhook and toss them.

ISwearImSane
04-27-2009, 05:06 AM
If your concern with the straps being so long is that they'll be dangerous (they will be), you can clip them onto your pants in the belt loops. That way they'll be up off the ground, and when you take pictures just unhook and toss them.

That's the main reason why I was concerned. (I mean, I don't want to be tripped or trip anyone.) I thought about that, clipping them to the loops. WHat kind of hooks do you think I should use? Hooks like the ones that are actually on his straps (which is what I was thinking of using) or hooks that'll clip on?

SailorAnime
04-27-2009, 11:43 AM
You're right. I looked around and I think I found a pattern that'd work. Maybe. With modifications ^_^
It's called "Jalie Sewing Pattern #2795" and I downloaded the pattern. DOes anyone else think itd work?
Link: http://www.jalie.com/sewingpatterns/patterncovers/back/2795.pdf

Yeah, I'll probably start them out being 4 yards long, and if I feel I need to, Ill shorten them.

That will probably work. And if you'll be clipping the belts up to keep them off the floor, you'll probably want ones that close. Yes, it will be inaccurate, but it'll be functional and safer overall.

ISwearImSane
04-28-2009, 12:32 AM
That will probably work. And if you'll be clipping the belts up to keep them off the floor, you'll probably want ones that close. Yes, it will be inaccurate, but it'll be functional and safer overall.

Okay, I'll use that pattern, then. Yeah, I think I'll go with the ones that clip. I'd rather not get hurt or ruin (by ruin i mean if they get stepped on and ripped off) my outfit the first time I present it. Thanks for the advice ^_^