PDA

View Full Version : Cloud Wig

MiyamatoMusashi
08-02-2003, 11:40 PM
I know people have probably seen or heard this MANY MANY MANY times but i am in deperate need of help. I have gone through 5 wigs trying to make his hair and every single time i mess up so i need help REALLY bad.Can someone give me some suggestions, or a place where i may be able to buy one?

megumibish
08-03-2003, 09:00 AM
http://katiebair.com/wig_cloud.html tell what she used for that wig. However I would suggest another route if you want solid spikes... this includes buying a long (30 inch more than sufficent) monofilament wig, strong glue that dries clear(try a hardware store), caulk(clear), tape, hairspray and cardboard. Basically put the long wig into a pony tail and chop off the excess. Then using the cardboard cut it into 3D spikes and then of course tape it. Use these as the base for the spikes. Then sew the bases into the wig where desired/needed.. trust me it's gonna look weird... now doing one spike at a time coat the spikes with glue and pull the hair around the spike to cover. Do this with all of them, after that any showing areas can be covered with the excess hair and caulked into place.. trim and *POOF* you got Cloud's hair. the bangs should be done without cardboard and just hairsprayed into place btw. For ease of covering the cardboard I recommend painting the cardboard to match the hair with an acrylic paint. This is optional however. If you choose to do it this way I'd love to see the results!

MiyamatoMusashi
08-03-2003, 04:40 PM
wow thanks again, you keep giving me great ideas ^_^. i will try this out. thanks for the help

megumibish
08-03-2003, 05:34 PM
I politely refer to myself as a "Forum Wh*re!" A title I carry with great pride...lol ...

MiyamatoMusashi
08-03-2003, 05:57 PM
lol some people may call you that, but i think your a great help and im happy you post XP

L to the 3rd
08-03-2003, 07:03 PM
i just used Ice hair glue with a blow dryer.

MiyamatoMusashi
08-03-2003, 08:16 PM
?___? ice glue? never heard of it, where can i get it?

accelagirl
08-04-2003, 02:11 AM
*walks into thread* ice hair glue? how much is it and where can i get it?

Gren
08-04-2003, 07:39 AM
For my Sora wig *points at gallery* I just used hair cement by beyond the zone (about 6 bucks a tube) to support the base of spikes, and help give them their vague shape, then a ton of hair spray to do the brunt of the stiffening while I scuplted them smooth. Once I was happy with each spike, the tip got an extra dousing with hair cement, to help it all cling neatly together. I kept it on a wig head, which I would suspend in all manner of directions to help the spikes hold their shape.

blackmadonna
08-04-2003, 09:48 AM
I just checked out your Gallery, Gren, and your Ed wig is so cute!!

Just thought I'd give it the thumbs up ;)

Arisugawa Juri
08-06-2003, 01:29 PM
You can purchase Ice spiker/hair glue at most salons.. I have some; it holds remarkably well, not to mention it smells wonderful..

MiyamatoMusashi
08-06-2003, 01:39 PM
hmmmm, i will have to look into that, thanks for the info Arisugawa

kyandi-chan
08-11-2003, 12:37 AM
ICE GLUE ! IM GONNA GO GET LOTS OF IT!!!

L to the 3rd
08-13-2003, 01:57 AM
i used a shyt load of it for the cloud wig.. and becareful when using blow dryers on wigs btw!

Gren
08-13-2003, 09:34 AM
I didn't use a blow dryer on my Sora because I was worried about it shuffling my spikes around, r letting some stray hairs fly off them. Takes longer to style the wig, because there are those periods between where you wait for it to dry, but I had time to wait, so it wasn't a big thing.

Guts_Berserk
08-14-2003, 06:43 PM
Thats pretty cool i'm gonna be cloud in a dress yaaaaaaaa