PDA

View Full Version : TEAM FORTRESS 2: Heavy Weapons Guy; Opinions Needed!

Midli
05-02-2009, 10:32 PM
So I have been working on a cosplay for heavy weapons guy from tf2(gun is well on its way done), Now I have ran into a problem on the actual clothing itself and that is, the vest the heavy wears, would you classify it as a Bulletproof vest(kevlar/thick etc) or just a vest(something light with a but of pockets). Ive seen photos suggesting either or. So im asking CPlay.com for help before i move on(Because I like to follow canon as much as possible)

SvK
05-03-2009, 08:39 AM
Don't look at photos of costumes. Look at screenshots.
I don't see any stiff plates in the Heavy's vest, so I don't think it's supposed to be Kevlar. I don't see any pockets either.

Midli
05-04-2009, 01:50 AM
when reffering to photos I meant screenshots as well.

Bwentali
05-04-2009, 10:29 PM
The HWG's vest is very plain in terms of what it is. It does not move, has no pockets, has a thick collar and has slightly lighter lines around the arms and seams.

I did a feather down vest ($5 at goodwill) removed the down from the entire thing then painted on the stripes...If you want it to look more professional use a vest pattern then sew on some grey pipeing.

Then you need to get a blue shirt, make a patch using color transfer paper, don't forget to fill the white section with blue, Iron on the patches then wash the shirt, get some military style dress pants, and some combat boots...then your done!

Midli
05-04-2009, 11:50 PM
The HWG's vest is very plain in terms of what it is. It does not move, has no pockets, has a thick collar and has slightly lighter lines around the arms and seams.

I did a feather down vest ($5 at goodwill) removed the down from the entire thing then painted on the stripes...If you want it to look more professional use a vest pattern then sew on some grey pipeing.

Then you need to get a blue shirt, make a patch using color transfer paper, don't forget to fill the white section with blue, Iron on the patches then wash the shirt, get some military style dress pants, and some combat boots...then your done!

Thanks for the help but I was thinking fabric paint for the patch..but i forgot about iron on transfers and that would be easier. thanks mate!

Loplod
05-05-2009, 12:59 AM
It's just a normal vest.