PDA

View Full Version : I need help with a solid snake costume

ssj4godon
08-03-2003, 07:58 PM
I've just joined at my sisters request (Ayana) for a good reson I DO NOT KNOW HOW TO MAKE SOLID SNAKE!!! I have a pair of combat boots and I have several camo jackets and pants but from there I'm lost I was going to use a blank firing beretta 9mm
but my sis says they are only allowed in the masquerade so basicly I'm lost once again HELP!!!!!!!.........please:confused:

Adella
08-04-2003, 08:18 AM
I don't... I'm not sure if you can bring real guns to cons.. X_X; but um.. I would suggest looking at pictures of solid snake, seeing what all he wears, and buying/making the accessories, and altering the camo gear.

Ayana
08-04-2003, 10:25 PM
What he's talking about is a fake gun, not a real one, Aeris...

Duncan
08-08-2003, 12:10 PM
Are you doing Solid2 or Solid 1 Snake?

Solid 2 wears a grey blue unitard with a bandoleer type combat harness.

RivetSPOOn
08-13-2003, 05:35 PM
what colour scheme is the camo? If it's the brown leaf type stuff youy could probably get away with doing MGS3 Snake, assuming you can get good pictures of him for reference...

Demri
08-15-2003, 03:24 PM
After you have some decent pics of Snake from whichover game you're using, you could try going to an army surplus store. The one near us has that overall thing he wears in MGS2 for like $25.

DEATHlikescats
08-15-2003, 03:49 PM
Well, as for the gun, check arround online for an airsoft gun. Definitely check out pics of him, decide which version you want to do, and start checking out the army supply places. Hardware stores are good places for ideas too.

East&WestGaijin
08-16-2003, 01:00 AM
Kenney: I cosplayed as Solid Snake at AnimeNorth2003 and it was pretty good. I got a head start because my father was an active service police officer, making a tactical bulletproof vest, utility belt, and other police/military gear available to me. It's pretty expensive, but you should try to get some stuff at an Army surplus... Oh yeah, and you can't bring Airsoft guns to a con, I think. And you can only fire blanks during a masquerade skit. That's what I did in my skit, 'Tactical Espionage 101' with Professor Dave Hayter (Me) teaching the audience the basics in stealth, killing, and how to keep a creepy Russian guy from playing with your mind. . We won an award for best humor!!

Barks: Hey, where was I on this?! I got you started on the whole cosplaying and masquerade thing... Oh, who cares. This was your time to bask in glory. I'm proud of you Kenney. We, as The East and West Gaijin share this award with great honor. Anyway, as for your costume, having to fix up Kenney's with the accessories was all a breeze. I fitted him with elbow and knee pads that you'd use for your casual roller blade stroll, black marker if you want to cover up some spots which can be colored over and last... Trust me, duct tape is what can help. To me, duct tape is one of the cosplayers best friends, and on this costume, it substitutes for a whole lot while still having create a superb effect. But bear in mind, as Kenney had pointed this out to me, his costume is not all as dark as you think. As for you firearms, I'm sure you're familiar with the common safety procedures with replicas of firearms at the con. But so as long as you don't show it off too often and know when and where is the best time to... Sneak it like I did for my hall cosplay duels, knock yourself out. Well, good luck to you.