PDA

View Full Version : The Cosplay Contest

Neko_Kaolla
08-03-2003, 08:49 PM
I am sooooooo... happy! We all knew that a boy in his underwear would be funny! :crylaugh:

I was just wondering-how were the skits? Like you favs and stuff? And how were the skits after the Morning Matsume group? The camera died in the waiting room at the beginning of that one, so everyone in the contest didn't see anything after that unless they were listening from offstage while waiting for their turn.

And how did you guys like ours? We just wanted to make everybody happy! :bouncer:

Asiansain
08-03-2003, 11:19 PM
That kind of creeped me out....AFO4 is my first con, so erm...yeah
My friend Dylan did a skit(she had a "Property of Knives -sama" sign on), it had a song about beer and they were dancing around and stuff and they got disqualified for being under-age an having a skit about drinking. They didn't even let them finish the skit...because at the end, they were going to explain that they were drinking Malta, which is not alcoholic(spelling..) and that you don't need alcohol to be happy.

What a long reply....

yuffieleonheart
08-03-2003, 11:22 PM
;______; our music was way to loud... very few people heard us.
Neko_Kaolla OMG I LOVED YOUR SKIT XDDDDD <3<3 congrats on the win

scandia
08-04-2003, 07:56 AM
I drank too many maltas growing up. And I don't drink alcohol at all. But we had no way to know it was malta (or near beer, or any other substitute) unless they told us. They should have had the disclaimer at the BEGINNING of the skit.

I liked most of the skits. The winners were a bit unexpected, though. I honestly thought that "12 days of Xmas" was gunna get an award. Everyone who won did great, but that one was a big favorite.

mitylene
08-04-2003, 09:34 AM
Your Evangelion Yatta skit was great!

Neko_Kaolla
08-04-2003, 09:54 AM
Yuffie: Congrats on your win in the costume contest, too!

And I agree with Scandia. They should have said it at the beginning of the skit. Then they would have been able to finish. But I have only one question- What is Malta? I have never heard of it before...

scandia
08-04-2003, 10:08 AM
It is a non-alcoholic malt beverage. It is dark and kinda heavy. It is very popular in Latin America. I have seen it for sale here in Tampa and also in Orlando, but not in Gainesville or Jacksonville. They should not have assumed that everyone has heard of it. It did not even cross my mind that they were drinking real beer, but I thought it was near beer that does look suspicious and not the more innocent malta.

Neko_Kaolla
08-04-2003, 10:22 AM
Does it taste like beer? Because I hate the smell of it and don't want to try it!

Raine
08-04-2003, 10:24 AM
I really wasn't happy with the disqualification of the beer song skit. They HAD asked if it was okay for them to do that, and it HAD BEEN OKAYED by the staff! Blargh

obsidianfeline
08-04-2003, 04:13 PM
I think the beer song would have been just fine (and very humerous), if used in another fashion, rather than what seemed to be an unorganized celebration of beer-loving teens on stage.
I think the con staff has to be real careful, because parents of children are there...and up tight parents come to rant at the staff when they don't agree with something.
Plus I think cons are getting a bad rap for underage drinking problems and I think that's just horrible.
Boo for irresponisble drinkers that spoil it for others.

Arisa
08-04-2003, 04:33 PM
Yes, that skit had been okayed by con staff! That wasn't fair! They SAID it was okay!

Neko_Kaolla
08-04-2003, 06:31 PM
I know! That was really unfair!

Lucifer
08-04-2003, 09:28 PM
I think its funny that they had a big problem with people drinking non-alcoholic beer when we were drinking 'rum' and no one said a word (granted it was apple juice but no one ever said that).

Arisa
08-04-2003, 09:39 PM
Well, aren't you guys all of age?

obsidianfeline
08-04-2003, 09:41 PM
The whole skit with rum in it wasn't like a bunch of random kids on stage singing about beer though. Ya know?

Lucifer
08-04-2003, 11:19 PM
Actually, well the song (had we sang the whole thing) would've included drinking, and I was the only one of age that could legally drink.

Ironically most don't know that. Just saying that if they were to be so harsh with one group, they should've overlook others.

At least they allowed the group to explain their reasoning and the final punch line, if anything making it all the more powerful and memorable.

scandia
08-05-2003, 06:50 AM
I don't remember malta smelling like beer. It has been many years since I've drank one, but I don't like beer and I did like malta.

The pirate characters were all overage and in another time period, plus even the Disney ride has the drinking part (IIRC). But the other skit just seemed to celebrate beer drinking- they should have disclaimed ahead of time.

Neko_Kaolla
08-05-2003, 09:13 AM
Yeah. They didn't do anything about the Lupin guy who pulled the Corona out of his hair and drank it on the way off the stage. But, off coarse, it might have been because he is of legal age to drink alcohol. They might have taken that into account.

Lucifer: Were you in the Pirates group? I wish I could have seen it but everything after the Morning Matsume group was gone. The camera died and we missed it all. That really sucked. We missed about 95% of the skits we really wanted to see.

Lucifer
08-05-2003, 10:32 AM
Yeah I was the Will Turner in the pirate's group. Well when risingsun posts pictures you'll be able to see it.

Neko_Kaolla
08-05-2003, 10:33 AM
I got a picture! Very cool!

katrinastrife
08-10-2003, 02:36 PM
Neko Kaolla-Chan Dearest...

Morning Matsume= Morning MUSUME!!!

~_~;; I really wish I could have seen that one ;_;

Neko_Kaolla
08-10-2003, 04:37 PM
Sorry, nya... My mistake...